Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 201
Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

What hurts women's hair is dying it. I was thinking I would dye my hair when I start to go gray, but now I'm thinking no. You wouldn't dye your hair, would you?

What really hurts their hair is hair dryers and irons. I am undecided on coloring, but I am leaning toward no. Although, I am not particularly thrilled with the idea of looking like f*cking Gandalf one day.
 Seki1949
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?
Posted: 1/17/2018 6:22:12 AM

How do you know the men you see in stores are eligible, and how many are in each store?

That's a really good question.
 gtomustang
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:06:09 AM
I put myself thru university by working in a grocery store. Yes, there are customers who just show up to shop and GTFO. They are totally unaware of what else is going on (not a surprise, most people are too wrapped up in themselves to consider something else might be going on around them). I worked in the office, and some coworkers would stop what they were doing to come back and say, "the yoga instructor is back, aisle 3" and I would go and find that she had already gotten to aisle 4 and, as usual, was bending at the waist to look at things on the bottom shelf in her skintight yoga pants. When I left the aisle, another coworker was going in to look, and we'd smile at each other, certain that we must really be obvious...and that she did this twice every week.

so, yes, when in your life, you decide to look out for a certain something, you may finally notice there are other people searching as well. The Japanese used to say, "When the student is ready, the teacher will arrive". I suspect what really occurs is, when we are ready to learn, we'll finally realize that people around us have their own lives, and have been doing that very thing we've finally decided we want to look into. The teacher doesn't "arrive", so much as they've always been there, and we've finally arrived at their doorstep. Like a coworker I once told that I liked blues music, and he let me know what I never bothered to ask before--he had been in a band a long time ago, and had plenty of old blues records (Otis Spann, etc) he let me borrow....like one introducing some new guy name Bob Dylan. They thought he was really going to go places.

how do we find eligible people in our lives? they're the ones doing what we're doing--looking around for partners, showing interest in people rather than in their cellphone :) doesn't mean we'll be interested, so we'll probably throw up our b1tch shield.
 cooldog65
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:39:55 AM

I look that good. Good looking, waist-length curly-wavy hair, fit with a hot body (big tits)☺

Sounds more like Sofía Vergara than NooYawker58...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:53:21 AM
^^^^^ You got that one right. It appears that some people are just delusional.

http://shoespost.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/sofia-vergara-cleavage-date-nigh-style-leopard-print-sandals.jpg
 NewYorker58
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 10:07:06 AM
Men in my age range that are grocery shopping are more likely to be single, since women tend to be the grocery shoppers for the family, along with these men not wearing wedding rings. Younger guys shopping may be with a gay or another s/o or on the phone making sure they're picking up the right item.

Pig, I use my dryer minimally or not at all. Besides burning hair, it blows the curl out for me and makes it frizzy. My 2 cents, don't dye your hair. Dyed hair on men looks awful. I've only seen that with short hair on older guys and it looks horrendous. The problem with our hair being long, if we don't like it dyed, it will take years to grow it out, unless it's the temporary stuff, but they I don't know if your hair returns to it's normal color and sheen. We both have a lot of hair to dye too. My hair is super thick. I think I have it tamed back in my pics.

Mustang, that would be the other thing, that look of being aware of who is around you, not concentrating on shopping as much. I feel bad for the guys when I see all the tv dinners and junk in their cart that they're eating that way. Your yoga person story reminds me of a place I worked at where the receptionist would let us ladies know when the hot UPS guy was there. We all managed to find reasons to walk past him to check him out. I know he knew it, but it was just fun to do.
 9Pluto
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 10:41:36 AM
NYer
I look that good. Good looking, waist-length curly-wavy hair, fit with a hot body (big tits)☺

CoolDog
Sounds more like Sofía Vergara than NooYawker58...

halcyon
^^^^^ You got that one right. It appears that some people are just delusional.

Fit with a hot body?? It has been stated in the forums that you are on disability, I don't know what to believe about you.

Shakespeare:
Horatio: He waxes desperate with imagination

Marcellus: Something is rotten in the State of Denmark.

NewYorker58
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 11:18:44 AM
What's your point, haters are gonna hate, too bad, too sad for them. I'm retired. I'm just as fit as when I was 20, and feel just as good. I've always been active and worked out all my life. If other people have let themselves get soft, and resent someone that's fit, that's their problem. Trying to pick on me isn't going to diminish who I am or raise who they are, except in their own minds☺ My siblings are similarly fit and my elderly mom looks phenomenal! I don't want to say her age, but she looks at least 10 years younger.
 spot4username
Msg: 209
view profile
History
They probably make medication for that.
Posted: 1/17/2018 3:29:27 PM
This thread is comedy gold.
 ohenryx
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 3:38:51 PM
When I shop at my local WalMart, I always wear a sign around my neck.

Eligible bachelor.
6 figure income
Own my own home

gtomustang
some coworkers would stop what they were doing to come back and say, "the yoga instructor is back, aisle 3" and I would go and find that she had already gotten to aisle 4 and, as usual, was bending at the waist to look at things on the bottom shelf in her skintight yoga pants. When I left the aisle, another coworker was going in to look, and we'd smile at each other, certain that we must really be obvious...and that she did this twice every week.

The women who really have it, often love to show it off. And really like it when men acknowledge their gifts. At least as long as we don’t get TOO offensive with our “acknowledgements”.
 gtomustang
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/17/2018 3:50:35 PM
"Mustang, that would be the other thing, that look of being aware of who is around you, not concentrating on shopping as much."

>>True. if you go to the store to buy groceries, then that is what you see. If you go to the store to people-watch, then you see the groceries and the customers. Old married couples being the most amusing :) And yes, not many married men do the shopping. I say that b/c during the years I worked there, the town had a maple syrup event and so I would bump into families and the wives would recognize me and update me on whatever story they told me the week prior...sometimes as the husband looked on with a bit of WTF face. The next weekend, he did the shopping...apparently to confirm what she told him :)

Pluto, if you had time to waste in the archives, you'd see what HS judges about women with weight issues. You know when people play that game, "what clique were you in high school"? I think HS can honestly answer she was the "mean girl" :)

"the women who really have it, often to love showing it off."

>>>And I can't blame them. the yoga instructor was at least middle age, but she had her young figure back. Good for her! I think a lot of us could get those results, if we had the time, energy, interest, low blood pressure, etc. And there's nothing wrong with a fellow checking it out...RESPECTFULLY. Like if we have a nice car, its ok for someone to tell us its nice, but don't go putting your fingerprints on it, resting on it, knocking on its fenders to see if its original steel or reproduction fiberglass, or asking if they can drive it, or...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 212
Posted: 1/17/2018 8:38:14 PM

Pluto, if you had time to waste in the archives, you'd see what HS judges about women with weight issues. You know when people play that game, "what clique were you in high school"? I think HS can honestly answer she was the "mean girl" :)

GTO, you couldn't be any more off base. I grew up as an Army brat, and moved from state to state every year or so--thus, I didn't develop many close friendships with other kids. I wasn't a member of any clique in high school--"mean girl" or otherwise.

I also wouldn't pass negative judgment on another woman's physical appearance unless I had a good reason to do so. In NewYorker58's case, she disparaged my guy's looks first, referring to him as an "old man who went to bed early with a glass of warm milk".

She has also attacked the looks of some male forum posters in here, referring to one as looking "gay" in his photos. Whatever negative remarks were made about her weight were retaliatory in nature.
 forumslady
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/17/2018 8:56:15 PM
halcyon skies-

"GTO, you couldn't be any more off base."

No, he isn't.

You've done the same thing to me. You do realize that people can see your posting history, right?
Don't start with your usual bs about me and Kj. I sent her a pm, we are fine, me and her. She isn't ok with our fight, but she was gracious enough to forgive.

Spare us the wide eyed, what?! routine. I don't like some of the things NewYorker58 has posted, of late, but I am calling TOTAL bs on your "I'm not a mean girl" bit.
You can be, at times, and honestly, a lot of the time when it comes to women who are overweight.

You can keep doing it, if you want to, but don't deny it, because NewYorker58 and Gto are NOT the only ones who have seen you do it, so have I.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:03:27 PM

You've done the same thing to me. You do realize that people can see your posting history, right?

Forumslady, you do know that my remarks to you were in response to your "Julia Roberts horse teeth" remark, which I can pull up, so don't play dumb with me. It won't work.
 forumslady
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:10:27 PM
halcyon skies- Damn, I have to give you credit, you are quick to remember everything anyone else does, but seem to have selective memory, when it comes to your own actions.
A sure sign of a mean girl, if ever I saw one. If the shoe fits.............
(Here's the thing, you have the ability to be kind, I've seen it, every once in a while, which is why I wonder what is going on with you when it comes to other women. You seem to have a hang up when it comes to overweight women. It makes me wonder if you used to be overweight, if it's self loathing, turned inside out, who knows, but something is clearly going on with you, when it comes to this issue)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:26:14 PM
^^^ Not at all. I just don't like hypocrites, which is what I think you are. I actually tend to stand up for the underdog. When I see a woman attacking another woman's looks or gender as I've observed you doing with at least two other female posters, I tend to stick up for them.

Plus, you're buddies with our friend, Blonde Angel, who is notorious for her passive-aggressive attacks on other people's looks, including mine. It may seem to you as if I have a hang-up toward overweight women, but that's only because they're some of the worst offenders.
 forumslady
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:36:22 PM
halcyion skies- Think what you will, I know what I am and what I'm not.

Let's be real here, ok?
This started with Gto AND NewYorker58 getting into it with you, when I was gone, I came here tonight, after being gone for a while, saw what I saw and commented.

That is at least 3 people you have attacked, or gotten into it with, so who, really, is the hypocrite?!

If it were just me and you with a beef, you might have a case, but it isn't, so you don't.

(You never did say if you used to be overweight. You can deny it, but I bet a million dollars that you were)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/17/2018 9:47:48 PM
Forumslady - Disagreed with, yes. Attacked, no. But if someone wants to get personal with me, as you have, I'll respond in kind.

And nope, I was never overweight. In fact, I was too skinny.

forumslady
Msg: 219
Posted: 1/17/2018 10:05:00 PM
halcyon skies- "Disagreed with, yes. Attacked, no. But if someone wants to get personal with me as you have, I'll respond in kind. "

You don't see it, do you? The double standard you hold.
You can defend yourself, but other's can't, when you do exactly the same thing to them?!

What makes the most sense? That those of us who get into it with you are the problem, or that the only thing all of us have in common is disagreeing with you, therefor making YOU the problem??!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 220
Posted: 1/17/2018 10:13:21 PM
There is no double standard. People disagree with one another in the forums constantly. That's what makes them interesting. In fact, there's an ongoing snit right now between Pig, NG, and Arlo, complete with name-calling, which is much more intense than anything I've said of late. Something is only a problem if you make it into one.
 forumslady
Msg: 221
Halcyon skies is a mean girl
Posted: 1/17/2018 11:16:18 PM
halcyonskies- Ah, the subject change. Classic move, when someone knows they have nothing else to say, so they divert.

I have NO clue what is going on with Pig, NG and Arlo, it matters not, in this thread and if you had a leg to stand on otherwise, on topic, you would not have mentioned it, but you don't, so you did.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 222
Forumslady is no lady
Posted: 1/17/2018 11:24:53 PM
^^^ I have plenty to say if you insist on keeping it going. And by the way, you have also disparaged a male poster about his weight, referring to Doubleknotspy7 as "Doublechin". Would you like me to pull that up, too, Little Miss Hypocrite?
 9Pluto
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2018 11:25:25 PM

I'm just as fit as when I was 20, and feel just as good. I've always been active and worked out all my life. If other people have let themselves get soft, and resent someone that's fit, that's their problem. Trying to pick on me isn't going to diminish who I am or raise who they are, except in their own minds☺ My siblings are similarly fit and my elderly mom looks phenomenal! I don't want to say her age, but she looks at least 10 years younger.

Well, somebody sounds smoking hot! Reminds me of how every guy here appreciates Cinderella who doesn't have to do any talking. I read her profile only for the text, including the very interesting article about her hair, too.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/18/2018 3:21:32 AM

(Newyorker58) What's your point, haters are gonna hate, too bad, too sad for them. I'm retired. I'm just as fit as when I was 20...

That is a physical impossibility. A 59 year-old body is simply not as resilient as a 20 year-old body. While it is certainly possible to "feel just as good", it is impossible to be "just as fit". The only person you're fooling, is yourself.
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/18/2018 3:30:23 AM

(halcyon_skies) In fact, there's an ongoing snit right now between Pig, NG, and Arlo, complete with name-calling, which is much more intense than anything I've said of late.

At the risk of sounding pedantic:

Men do not have "snit(s)" -- they have "rows"...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why did he ghost me? Cowards way out?