Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Instant turnoffs in profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PollyR107
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Instant turnoffs in profilesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
@Squareslice

Thanks for spotting the misspelling in my post.

I saw them as well but one can't change the post once it's been posted. Unlike profiles which can be changed and amended even after posting.
 LincsAndy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Instant turnoffs in profiles
Posted: 1/28/2017 2:43:38 PM

holding a fish.
What is that all about? Also "solemate". Never sure whether it's a bad pun or bad spelling. Either way it's a bit wearing when you've seen it a thousand times.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2017 3:03:58 AM

What will cause you to immediately stop reading a profile and move on to the next

My friends say.... Like you would really tell us otherwise or they would still be your friends.
Looking for my.....Like you would put in no particular order
My unemployed alcoholic, drug using, homeless, unemployed, good for nothing serial killer, player, domestic batterer, toothless, obese, bad health, no education unemployed....
Anyone with the name Jo as part of their name. I don't know why either. There are others but since you specifically mentioned reading...

Others have really nailed it with spelling but some have the wrong word such as to,too, two and many others. Or here, hear
I always try to make it through the profile no matter how painful.
 Miss_Moonlight
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/29/2017 3:12:07 PM

So, this suggests, during the months or years you've been single there have been romantic offers. Where are these men now? Abducted by aliens? Now you've decided you're ready to date, why not take up one of the offers?

They may have had absolutely no interest in them or they may have been totally unsuitable.
 LincsAndy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2017 3:30:16 PM

Think this topic has been done to death….

So you won't be contributing then?

About the worst thing for me is to see a wall of text...

Ah. Resurrection.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2017 1:37:47 AM

'I've been single for a while, by choice'

So, this suggests, during the months or years you've been single there have been romantic offers. Where are these men now? Abducted by aliens? Now you've decided you're ready to date, why not take up one of the offers?

I don't get what you are saying. We are all different and have different priorities and values. I long ago decided that I would not get involved again except with the very right person. she did actually come into my life and then re-emigrated to be with her new grandchild. Since then there has been no one of comparison. I've had plenty of offers in the meantime but non which suit me and I shan't be dating them simply to keep you happy.
 tartanjohnny
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2017 12:44:02 PM
Use of the following phrases:-

"Like staying in..or going out " - even worse with a DVD and a glass of red.

"My taste in music is eclectic"

"I don't bite - well not unless you ask"

"I prefer the finer things in life " -just fook off you snobby cow.

IF someone puts no baldies - then that is their preference - however Id sometimes love to reply that my preference is for no uglies - but I'm too nice to do that.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/31/2017 1:38:09 AM
Most profiles are set up like a 'point of sale'
Unless there is something I find offensive in one, I don't pay much attention, messaging helps to clarify and then meeting is the only way I can tell if I'm going to like someone.

Take the forums, some people post offensive/hurtful stuff in here but their profiles don't display this side of them.
 Jo van
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2017 5:23:54 PM
GOOOOAAAAALLLLL

For me, it's anything with words, or any writing, of any sort....

Oh yeah, or pictures.

But then, I'm not looking.
 Invaniam
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:24:13 PM
No photo with the comment regarding their appearance, "you won't be disappointed". Since such a decision is fairly subjective, I wonder how often it is that the profile poster ends up being the dissapointed one when the beholder disagrees upon setting eyes upon him/her.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:41:14 PM
And following close behind that one ^^^^ regarding photo`s, is the one where they say, "no pic no reply" ...whilst having no pic themselves ! ...umm ??.
 Aggers
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2017 9:04:36 AM
Tattoos across their boobies, subtle ones elsewhere are fine.
Badly drawn on eyebrows.
Some styles of shoes, ask Tartanjohnny, his opinion on this is fabulous! Personally I dislike flip-flops.
Frumpy clothes, I like to see the person's shape, I can't explain it, it is one of my things. Hence I like to see at least one face picture and one full length picture.
No or one picture profiles, see above.
Text or a headline that makes you feel like you have been reprimanded when you read it, i.e. No this, No that, I am not looking for.......etc.
Massively older ladies, again this seems to be one of my things, I get a lot of views and some contact from women old enough to be my Mother. I have always had this. I don't mind around 10% older, but twenty odd years? It has become worse since recently turning 50.

And I have only scratched the surface.

Actually I have realised, my barriers are so high that if President Trump built his wall as high, the Mexicans would never get in! But I now know after 8 years on here, what I am seeking does not frequent this website! But I am loathed to leave now, just in case. After all I only want one person to be the right one. Further example that online dating is not my bag.
 LincsAndy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2017 8:04:43 AM

Pouting!

Oh please, don't get me started.

99% of men think Victoria Beckham is an idiot, and 99% of women want to emulate her.
Seriously girls, what are you playing at? You post a dozen virtually identical pictures of yourself (taken twenty years ago) that basically say "I expect you to want to f*ck me because I can pull a face like a goldfish", say nothing about yourself then complain that anyone who takes that primitive bait is "only after one thing".
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/5/2017 9:17:34 AM
Lol funny some of you have so many 'instant turn offs'
Only difference between this phrase and the word 'criteria' is one is usually written on the profile (and we all know how people feel about long lists) and the other is not.
Strange then that long criteria is seen so negatively when really it's just upfront and more honest.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/6/2017 11:43:45 AM
Of course you can say it kirk :)
I think that's the thing about turn offs and criteria, despite people vehemently stating them, they can be quick to overlook them if someone takes their fancy
 Aggers
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2017 8:49:24 PM
^^^^
Actually I am with Kirk, apart from the tattooed boobie thing!

In fact it would be nice for a bit of role reversal and maybe have someone who fancied me, get in touch. Just once in a while, maybe, possibly, please!
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 26
Posted: 2/6/2017 9:19:34 PM
I pretty much agree with everything that Quicktyper stated. Most likely, this isn't something that you see in the UK so I'm going to assume that this is an American thing but I hate men posting pictures of stacks of money, gold teeth and middle finger pictures (these men are early to late 30s). Horrible English is definitely up there, too. Like the guy that wrote me saying ''is you really 34 because you look like you is younger than 34". Excuse me, sir? What?? Again, this is probably an American thing.
 richbloke
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2017 2:36:37 AM
Agree with a lot of the comments here. Another one that gets me is women who say that their ideal man has to be "hardworking". Why specifically HARD working? If he works too hard, maybe he won't have enough time for YOU. Seems bizarre to me.
 Squareslice
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/7/2017 4:47:57 AM
Horses for courses... equestrian bit covered.

It IS pof, so there are bound to be a few trout pouts.... although more than just a few... seen profiles with loads of pics... every one the wrinkly top lip.

Anyway, my pet hate is the copy n paste seeming shite that pad out profiles to hide lack of any thought.
Ye ken... cozy nights.... beaches.... usual banal shite.

^^^^ didn't realise Joe Wilkinson had joined
 slapmesideways
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 10:48:05 AM
Showing there kids or animals or looking for a serious relationship but half the pics in just a bra
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Instant turnoffs in profiles