Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism is not sexy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy but it can get you electedPage 3 of 41    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Madame wrote:

write 50 page reports on DRY analysis of planar mathematics and its implications for astro engineering

Sheesh...Big Bang Theory type stuff. I dated kind of a "sciency" type woman once....after forth or fifth date, we were prepared to hit the 'ol sack......and she goes out to her car and brings a microscope up to the bedroom. A microscope! One of those beginner-type kits you buy at the science store. I guess she didn't consider... that bringing a microscope into a guy's bedroom, right before you're gonna do it......well, ya know...maybe that's a bit.....um..."confidence killing," so to speak?

Can't remember what I said, but it was probably something like, "Uhh....why are you bringing a microscope up to my bedroom, right before we're going to have sex!?"....and she says it's to look at my sperm cells after I, um...ya know. Sheesh... "Well, OK" I thought, fair enough. So she helped me ...um....provide the sample...and then collected it and took it into the bathroom with her scope and I heard a squeal of delight....right when I was dozing off.....and she called me in to look.....Sure enough, there they were, under the 'scope...shouldn't have been surprised, I mean, I've had enough science classes, and all. We did see the sperm tadpole thingys, wiggling away. And no this not a Big Bang Theory script.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy but it can get you elected
Posted: 2/14/2017 11:12:52 AM
I just read a profile of a 43 year old who wrote " I don't date 30 year olds ! and I don't date 50 year olds ! "

I could think that ageism isn't sexy but I figure she must just be sick of getting msgs from people out of her age preference.

Sure, I could go have a good cry but ... I'm at work so ....I'll wait til later
 browneyesboo
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/14/2017 11:29:44 AM
I consider profiles personal things.
It's sort of a snapshot of someone...one of those
blurbs you find in catalogs trying to figure out which
boots to buy.

I think everything is in presentation.
That goes with looks, intelligence, social graces, etc.
I know they say not to judge a book by it's cover, but
if you've ever been in the romance section of a book store
or library, this statement is blatantly untrue.

I would totally pass by any profile that said anything about
not dating a certain person, just because I think there are
better ways to get your point across.

I pass by profiles and never answer anyone who says they
will only date someone younger than me too, but I won't take
them to task for their preferences.

I'm getting some chocolates and cheese and meeting up with
Mr. Butter for a good cry after work!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 11:53:22 AM
^^^^ I'll bring the wine - RED
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 12:04:10 PM

" I don't date 30 year olds ! and I don't date 50 year olds ! "

I could think that ageism isn't sexy but I figure she must just be sick of getting msgs from people out of her age preference.

All one needs to do is to apply the Age Restriction, if they're going to bark like that. Saying "I don't date 30 year olds!" -- okay, how about 33 years? 35? Why not? No explanation. Just 30. Weird. No "50 year olds" -- okay, what about a guy 49 going on 50 later this year? lol

But don't cry just yet... Many 43 year olds are willing to date guys in their early 50s if they're nice looking of course. So just stay in shape! :)

I consider profiles personal things.

Like underpants? :)

It's sort of a snapshot of someone...one of those
blurbs you find in catalogs trying to figure out which
boots to buy.

Oh. Well, that's not such a personal thing, though is it? I think I know what you're saying though -- it gives the impression of a personal thing (even if it's Way off than one expected; some people take it too much to heart).

I think everything is in presentation.
That goes with looks, intelligence, social graces, etc.
I know they say not to judge a book by it's cover, but
if you've ever been in the romance section of a book store
or library, this statement is blatantly untrue.

I agree. It totally is. Those who say "I'm not into looks" -- they are. Looks isn't purely raw core structure of face & body. It's how they look & present themselves. "Ageism" plays a role in that too. And also how they present themselves, Looked at via profile, translates into visualization outside of said profile. Which, the same goes IRL with others, but it's obviously more focused on personable interaction with less "inside data" (the "personal" things I guess you're referring to).

I pass by profiles and never answer anyone who says they
will only date someone younger than me too, but I won't take
them to task for their preferences.

You should kindly "take them to task" with a just a few words (of non-acceptance, but a thank you for the offer). One contributes to society that way. Them doing that is an example of the reason why people take one's preferences as not holding lead weight. It's why the sensitive folks freak out with their "I will not date [attribute]!"
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 12:08:20 PM
"Many 43 year olds are willing to date guys in their early 50s if they're nice looking of course"

Unfortunately for ME, most women consider " nice looking " as OVER 6 FEET TALL

If you're under that they consider you in the Elephant Man category.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/14/2017 2:04:36 PM

You should kindly "take them to task" with a just a few words (of non-acceptance, but a thank you for the offer). One contributes to society that way. Them doing that is an example of the reason why people take one's preferences as not holding lead weight. It's why the sensitive folks freak out with their "I will not date [attribute]!"

I like how you took the time to grade my paper, Professor Norwegian.
I'm totally comfortable with the results!
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2017 7:18:56 PM
I came across a profile today and it made me think of this post. He stated "I really really enjoy the female species. Not trying to sound like a douchebag but I do have a preference. Think what you will but I am more attracted to black women. Always have, always willl?????"

I guess it's a matter of how you say, not what you say. Either way, I still don't have an issue with how the man in the OP stated his preference. I've put on my profile that I am not a chubby chaser. I deleted it when the chubbers kept writing me even after I made it clear I'm not physically attracted to heavy men.
 ebolakitty
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/14/2017 7:48:28 PM

Unfortunately for ME, most women consider " nice looking " as OVER 6 FEET TALL

If you're under that they consider you in the Elephant Man category.

Chuck is a bit of a joker so we don't know what he really, really feels about it. He is essentially correct though in what he said here. There are always exceptions of course but, in aggregate, men over 6 feet are in like Flynn. Men below 6 feet are SOL. The thing for men to remember is that it is that way at all ages and not just 50's.

It's not like short men can't get any women. They can. They just have to remember that women want them for what they do or for what they own and never for who they are as people. That is just biology. It should be no more discouraging than not having fins and a blow hole.
 prime ribb
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/14/2017 8:56:55 PM

I know some white women who are just attracted to black men. It has nothing to do with some weird fantasy that they have so I agree with you on that South and also just like you said, there are some that want to "try it" as if it's some kind of experiment. I've had white men message me and the first thing that they focused on was my race. At least it lets you know right off what they're after and what their motives are but it's very creepy. And I wish that I could say that this has only happened once but nope.... It's happened quite a few times and I know it's not just white men. No matter who is doing it, it's still creepy, gross, weird and shows a lack of intelligence.

Lucille, there's nothing wrong with being physically attracted to a type. What is wrong is when said person who is attracted to your type gets up with you based on preconceived notions. It seems like the art of getting to know someone especially online is dead.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 1:10:48 AM

I guess it's a matter of how you say, not what you say.

I agree. Also it varies in what you say in a Profile VS what you say to someone in an email 1-on-1, in terms of impression. In the example of the profile you just saw, that's kind weird/crude the way he put it... but if you two were chatting, it wouldn't be As odd (but he could have still had more tact to his wording regardless lol).

in aggregate, men over 6 feet are in like Flynn. Men below 6 feet are SOL.

I really don't see it that way. First, SOL is greatly exaggerated when you're using 6 foot as a measuring stick. Second, IRL, they don't have a tape measure. A gal will think/feel he's 6 foot" when he may not be, and won't think about exactly how tall he is either -- just comparing him to other guys in her surroundings day to day. IRL, she'll consider a guy "nice looking" if he seems a little on the tall side (or tall if she's above a bit tall for a female).

Online, that's where it's more stringent because they're going by a claimed unit # in black n white, without personal comparison. Still though, 5'11" being SOL? No. 5'10" which is about average male height, especially if the gal's 5'5"-5'6" which is even a little above average female height? No, not worthy of SOL.

One should apply "SOL" in reference to women in general, to guys who are short. Online, IMO, would be 5'8" and below. IRL, it'd be 5'6" or shorter to get the official SOL stamp, IMO. Different degrees of SOL of course, and other attributes can make up for things with many women if you're still as tall or taller than she, shoes-to-shoes... but that requires being noticeably above-average attractive when going for average Janes & above, tho.

And I will say guys who are Short (not just a notch below average height) -- no, they can find a gal who Likes in-that-way as a Person. There's usually not a shortage of that on a platonic level. But as far as being into him on a Real level? Well, measure them up overall. If he's 5'6" and she's a hot 5'8" blonde in 3 inch heels -- and he otherwise has no "holy sh!t" awesome guy looks -- yeah, I agree with ya there that that's probably the case. But if he's with a 5'2" gal who's pretty cute but not out of his league outside the height thing? No, no reason to think there must be something else to him in finances and such. :)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 9:13:37 AM
"There are always exceptions of course but, in aggregate, men over 6 feet are in like Flynn. Men below 6 feet are SOL."

SOL is a bit of an exaggeration , I would say the deck is stacked against guys under 6 feet tall BIG TIME.

The exceptions are usually the guys who have game /charisma coming out the ying yang and you're either born with that or not.

So, if you know you're NOT one of those guys, well....

If the majority of guys had the equivalent of needing a woman to have double d breasts ...I think most women would begin to understand that sometimes it can be difficult to just shrug the ol shoulders and say " oh well "
 cooldog65
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 10:11:55 AM

"I really really enjoy the female species. Not trying to sound like a douchebag but I do have a preference. Think what you will but I am more attracted to black women. Always have, always willl?????"

I completely agree with this statement as I have been dating black women since 1985. I had noticed how beautiful black women were years before that. I remember seeing my dad's January 1976 Playboy magazine when I was 11 and seeing Miss June 1975 Azizi Johari in the playmate review. I am now the proud owner of a June 1975 issue and have an extra centerfold of her I recently purchased.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 2:09:46 PM

It's not like short men can't get any women. They can. They just have to remember that women want them for what they do or for what they own and never for who they are as people. That is just biology.

Is this a freaking joke?
 sticchic
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/15/2017 5:05:05 PM
@lucilledixon
From his post on "Body Shaming" https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16583341.aspx

Well Halcyon, it's because there are actually two separate and independent standards. The most desired traits in women are comeliness, congeniality and fertility. The most desired traits in men are wealth, intelligence and physical prowess. At age 52, women can maintain only one of their critical traits... congeniality. Men can maintain and even enhance at least two of their most critical traits... wealth and intelligence. In body building literature, there are claims that men can even maintain physical prowess until around 55.

As for my being 52, let's all assume that I am short, fat, bald, broke and live with my mother. Doesn't change what men and women are valued for.
He probably means it.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/15/2017 5:20:51 PM
As if you can look at a woman and know she is fertile LOL
My first love was black and I have to admit I would rather date a black man. thisclose to a black woman as I think they are in most part, beautiful.
Soon Cool and I will be competing
that's right I only at my age have congeniality Snerk
 sticchic
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/15/2017 6:35:26 PM
^^ He thinks he can, like the children's book? lol
 aintnodeal
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2017 10:41:11 PM
~ "Miss June 1975 Azizi Johari" ~
YOW!!!! You realize three playmates are in the movie Body and Soul (1981). Jayne Kennedy figured her husband put the sex scenes in just to fool around with them - one of the reasons for their divorce. The movie totally sucks, but good views of Azizi, Ola Ray (June 80), and Rosanne Katon ( Sept 78).
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 8:58:28 AM
^^^^^ Thanks for the info on the movie. Jayne Kennedy was pretty hot, too. I also have the centerfold of Rosanne Katon. I remember Ola Ray from "Thriller" music video. There's nothing like classic Playboy...
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 10:44:45 AM
Ebolakitty wrote:

There are always exceptions of course but, in aggregate, men over 6 feet are in like Flynn. Men below 6 feet are SOL. The thing for men to remember is that it is that way at all ages and not just 50's.

I think women look at tall men involuntarily, just like a blond woman will catch a man's eye. Especially true of taller women, since they have so fewer prospective options. I catch taller women as young as their 30's copping a glance at me...simply because I am 6'+....NOT because they want to do me, or are remotely interested, but because 5'9"+ women have so fewer options. They look at me, then immediately glance away, because, of course they think "too old!" :( Of course, I look back (yea, I'm a pig lol)

Just like when I was in my 20's a woman with long blond hair would catch my attention,......then when she turned and I saw her face, and saw whe was in her 40's.....I'd think the same thing...."Too old!"
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 10:59:56 AM
What about when you see a woman with nice long hair from behind and then she turns her head and you realize....it's a GUY !

That happened more than once in the 80s/early 90s
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 11:02:13 AM
I once found out...while dancing with a tall woman, that she was a he......"he" revealed that to me on the dance floor.....Whew!! is all I can say.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 11:15:16 AM
^^^^

Aw man, there are guys in jail because they didn't exactly react well to the same experience
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 12:03:30 PM
Yeah....I was pretty nonchalant about it...only because there was no contact. I walked off the floor, but I did thank him/her for the dance, and for being honest. Had there been any contact....well maybe a different story.

Of course, it could have really been a stunning 6' woman who just wanted to get rid of me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:23:28 PM
huh, I looked up Azizi, and found out there is such a thing as b00bpedia.

http://www.boobpedia.com/boobs/Azizi_Johari

the internet is an amazing device.

Found out Ola Ray was MJ's gf in Thriller? Rosanne Katon was on Sanford and Son? no wonder women date Hef, he's a bit of a footstep.

as for dudes lookin' like ladies in the age of the mullet, yeah, party in the back could have a downside....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism is not sexy