Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism is not sexy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 901
view profile
History
It's kindergarten, all over again. No one is winning, you both look badPage 37 of 41    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Even though the words out of the protesters mouths were hateful/awful,, it was a peaceful protest.

BUT encouraging others to act in a violent manner?

Protest all one wants,, violence is never good, no good will ever come of it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 902
It's kindergarten, all over again. No one is winning, you both look bad
Posted: 8/14/2017 6:05:11 AM
there are a variety of reasons whites may stay in the trailer park, Hispanics in the barrio, etc. Some of it, tho, is money. In the early 1900's, Henry Ford offered $5 to workers who normally made $2.50, and that made it worthwhile for people down south to do what they had to do to move to Detriot and put up with the winters. California had a similar result during the Dust Bowl. But if the next generation rents rather than owns, or otherwise doesn't build capital to send the grandchildren off to higher education, what happens when the economy changes?

Education can get you into the middle class, but its mindset that makes you an entrepreneur. Brendon Buchard just had a great video about how everyone has dreams, but many say they can't get from where they are to that dream and stop, while a few will say, "I don't have what it takes to make that jump, so now i'm going to go out and get what it takes." The 1920s was full of inventors who had to be willing to fail often (say, Thomas Edison and the lightbulb) b/c they saw the end goal. They didn't know how long it would take to get there, they just knew they were going to get there.

the Tim Wise quote is spot on. Before America had slaves, it had indentured servants--the outcasts of Europe were shipped here (sometimes dying enroute) to work for the businesses already established. We used to believe anyone could go west, young man, and hew a living out of the soil--there was plenty of it. Even then, the American Dream was multigenerational--you scratched a living so your kid could do better, and your grandkids even better than that. Then we went from agricultural to industrial, when there could be room for middle management and thus a middle class. After the rails were laid, the Chinese "Coolies" hung around, and the first drug war was against the drug they smoked in the opium dens.

Fast forward to Reagan discussing "states rights", a dog whistle that said, "vote for us, we won't send the Justice Dept down here to investigate voting issues, that will be up to you, the states, to handle". Trump, who talked about paying the legal fees of those who attack protesters, labeled Mexicans rapists, the candidate who chastised others for not saying "Islamic terror" yet can't say, "right wing terrorists". Perhaps its all just a coincidence, while America becomes overtly multi-cultural, same sex marriage is accepted, and some people feel that things don't look like they used to anymore.

"why do I have to press one for English?" they ask. Maybe b/c English is a language in England and grammatically speaking, you should be asking to speak American except that sounds weird to say? b/c other nations speak multiple languages and don't fall apart?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 903
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2017 6:26:14 AM

You like to post your Google finds Tiger.. type in your User name, and picture, it will come up LIAR
Within hours of Nat deleting you posted her NEW profile, then mocked her bondage pictures. Don't give a rats azz if I get back up here, but I am dead right
Your words
" Nat is a bit tied up"

That's funny, because when I googled 'imanorangetiger pof forums nat is a bit tied up', I got the following coming up.

There's nothing wrong with liking bondage and sexual role play or being anti-drugs, as long as you don't contradict yourself all the time, Nataly. I don't think you DO know who you are or who you want to be.

Nice try though. Cherrypicking can let you down sometimes, can't it? Especially when you admit to being:

"the weird creepy old lady who shouts at people in the street."

in the same thread. :))))

Ouija, who is Nat, and where are these pics?

Nataly66687 was a serial pity thread poster, who continually moaned about her lack of success with men, not only here but on dozens of websites. She was a very mixed up ball of contradictions who lived with her parents. A self confessed Christian virgin at 29, she expected a man to marry her before sleeping with her, and to 'have a job, have his sh1t together, and to own a house and a car', despite the fact that she didn't work (and didn't plan to), have her sh1t together, or own a house, or a car. She had very, very strong opinions about premarital sex, drink and drugs (on here, at least...) and disagreed vehemently with anyone who suggested positive ways of improving her luck, writing post after post of sweary stuff (sound familiar?). The cherry on her particular cake was deliberately placing herself in somewhat risky situations, such as her bondage-but-no-sex fetish. Everyone gave her the same advice. She didn't want to hear it, even though she'd asked for it.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 904
Posted: 8/14/2017 7:24:57 AM
I seriously....thought Nataly was a troll after a bit.
Her endless nonsensical threads were beyond belief...to me. A lot of shock and awe.
I read a few and could not figure her out.
At first people were cajoling and advising her but she seemed to listen to no one.
I soon lost interest....either a deliberate troll or someone not with a solid mental state to comprehend "life".....and shouldn't be on a dating site.
My opinion stands.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 905
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:10:43 AM
I think people sometimes needs reassurance, confirmation or validation.
And they come here for it...strangers who've never met them.

It's not always people who struggle with their lives or identity, sometimes
it's people who get plenty of validation IRL, but appreciate the adulations
of strangers as well.

I thought Nataly was harmless, had interesting hobbies and a strange
home life. If things were as she said, her parents were the worst. You're
supposed to support AND encourage your kids to succeed, not to accept
limitations imposed on you by others. I think Nataly was told who she was
and she believed it.

But what do any of us really know?
 gtomustang
Msg: 906
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:27:02 AM
"someone not with a solid mental state to comprehend the requirements of life"

>>>maybe that explains why her parents treated her as they did...they saw it for the last two decades. Or maybe they created it with a sheltering attitude. I'm sure people who knew her in real life, could come here and explain a lot of the mystery away :)

sometimes, when a stranger comes here to post their problems, we are like the fable of the three blind men approaching different ends of an elephant. We work with the part we can sense, not knowing there's more to the story.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 907
Posted: 8/14/2017 8:49:18 AM
I think RM and Nat would be a cute interracial couple
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 908
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:32:05 AM
And you and Frank would make a perfect couple Homo_Owner
Typical white maneuvers I see again eh?
You know...railroading the topic. Specifically with off topic ad hominem shit talk. Its all some of you got it seems.
Pathetic
Msg#918 a prime example of more off topic shit talking attacks on peoples characters.
Like who the fuk is natalay...and who gives a fuk? Whats this person have to do with this topic?
High jacking a topic about racism? How mighty white of you.
Thread thugs.

Anyhow....

Even though the words out of the protesters mouths were hateful/awful,, it was a peaceful protest.

I'm not sure who youre referring to. Your ambiguous comment seems (after yesterdays failure) to sound quite..."Trump"ish.
And as a Texas Chick? Oh...I already know the chances are that youre gonna talk ignorant shit ... youre a) white and b) Texan. With the shit assed text books down there, if youre a born n raised Texan, chances are youre gonna talk pure shit.
You might even fly the confed flag at home.
So...keep in mind, before you comment, that these are the SUSPICIONS I hold in looking at ANYTHING you say on THIS TOPIC.

Its like waiting to hear the response from a Catholic priest on a pedophilia.

Just remember...I've been telling you 'in denial' types about this shit. Wheres those in denial like Moraima now? Wanna still ignore shit like Charlottesville?
of course you do.
Youd rather talk about people who arent here, behind their backs, who have nothing to do with this topic.

And you wonder why I deem so many of you cowards.
 Darwin1971
Msg: 909
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:48:25 AM
So we just hijack a thread to to talk race. oh ok cool

Why not just start a new thread with a valid well thought out starting point that will inspire people to actually talk things out or express their viewpoint? Preferably not in the Dating experiences thread.

Peace people
 browneyesboo
Msg: 910
Posted: 8/14/2017 10:49:15 AM

"someone not with a solid mental state to comprehend the requirements of life"

>>>maybe that explains why her parents treated her as they did...they saw it for the last two decades. Or maybe they created it with a sheltering attitude. I'm sure people who knew her in real life, could come here and explain a lot of the mystery away :)

It was hard to figure though? She had her own podcast or something, her own website, she seemed to get out and about,
other than she seemed really naive....I don't know? I had in my mind helicopter parents who never let her go, told her to expect
the worst...etc. etc. I got the impression there was more going on there and I felt someone (surely) had to be feeding her those
notions of not working, no sex?

But you're right, we don't know.
The blind men and the elephant...I like that as well.
Pretty much sums up OLD...hahahahaha!
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 911
Railroad express? How mighty white
Posted: 8/14/2017 11:00:31 AM

So we just hijack a thread to to talk race. oh ok cool

What would be cool would be a coherent sentence.

Why not just start a new thread with a valid well thought out starting point that will inspire people to actually talk things out or express their viewpoint? Preferably not in the Dating experiences thread.

or you can act like an adult and just stick to topic.

Browneyes...a wackadoodle still talking to her fuking self about utter off topic, ad hominem nonsense.
A prime example of what Im talking about. Why not address THAT Darwin? Hm?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 912
Posted: 8/14/2017 11:11:04 AM
I was amused by what Peggy Hubbard said here, referring to black people as "thugs". I guess that's okay though, since she's black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG7mZQvaQDk
 LOLTrump
Msg: 913
Posted: 8/14/2017 11:28:26 AM

Msg#918 a prime example of more off topic shit talking attacks on peoples characters.
Like who the fuk is natalay...and who gives a fuk? Whats this person have to do with this topic?
High jacking a topic about racism? How mighty white of you.
Thread thugs.

Oh no's people are talking about stuff someone does not like, time to call the Wambulance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIikqPmbgvI
 sun___flower
Msg: 914
view profile
History
You know we all have Google, right?
Posted: 8/14/2017 12:15:26 PM
Worse than Nataly are the few who post to her ad nauseam. Looking at you, imanorangetiger.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 915
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2017 12:32:22 PM

Worse than Nataly are the few who post to her ad nauseam. Looking at you, imanorangetiger.

Context is everything, sun_flower.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 916
Posted: 8/14/2017 12:48:46 PM
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16580899datingPostpage6.aspx

Well...I went back to find a thread by Nataly....some of you have selective memory of what went down.
I only scanned to about page 7...it was enough.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 917
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2017 12:49:09 PM
Tiger, thank you!

RM, I read the Tim Wise piece. Yeah, so I understand that. Didn't really need to read it from him. Now what? What you're saying isn't exactly breaking news.

You can be hard on me all you want, doesn't bother me. I'm not here to make you like me, nor am I looking to make you my enemy. I'm more than a white person, I'm a female, I'm a daughter, a woman of a certain age, of a certain nationality, a lover of dogs, nature and wildlife, and so much more. I know that applies to you also, being more than your color, but you lead with racism and hate. That's your choice, all I can say is, enjoy? You should list being a racist as an interest, lol.

You are the worst representative for your race. I see nothing about lifting people up, just race bashing, while smarter black folks concern themselves with elevating themselves and their race by participating in society by raising well-adjusted kids that go on to have great lives. What have you done for the black community? If you were supportive, you would address racism among black folks for other races, and moving past that, but since you're a racist, you'll never move past that to be well adjusted and happy. What a waste of life, but it is yours to waste. We are all free and given free will to make choices. You're enslaved in your own mind.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 918
Posted: 8/14/2017 3:31:43 PM
You're a gold digger too.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 919
Posted: 8/17/2017 5:14:55 PM

RM, I read the Tim Wise piece. Yeah, so I understand that. Didn't really need to read it from him.

Thanks for reading it, although you say its not "exactly breaking news".
Agreed. However, if I didnt see a need for YOU to red it, I wouldnt have posted it.
When you say things like:

There are a lot of a-holes in the black communities that just want to complain and tear up their neighborhoods.

Or

They have to look towards their politicians and say if you don't represent us and help us, we are not voting you in. Then they have to make that effort to get out and vote. I like the way the black people all rally around when someone is shot and killed that is a young person, but who was there for that kid when they needed to be raised correctly? Sure, rally around when you can sue the police force for the big payoff, but don't put the effort into raising your kids correctly?

I think you need to hear Tim Wise say,"First, systemic inequity, embedded over generations teaches white folks in insidious and often unspoken ways, that we are superior and deserving of more than people of color, and that they, in turn, are inferior: after all, in a society that says "wherever you end up is up to you" (i.e., by instilling the notion of meritocracy and rugged individualism), folks who grow up in such a place come to believe that the inequities are natural and normal and even deserved. Sure, some of us resist that thinking, but it should be no shock that great numbers come to believe it."

Or

Having cops that act perfectly isnt going to change the problems in the black communities that are their own fault.

And

Black folks have to get with the program and work the system and take their neighborhoods back, but it may mean throwing some black thugs in jail, and some black people would rather them run free because they don't want to lock another black man up, LOL. Wanting to live with criminals really doesn't make sense to me.

I read these and see you need to hear Wise say "If people of color are being taken to jail disproportionately, then it must be because they're the dangerous ones. If people of color are 3x as likely to be poor and have 1/15th the net worth of whites, then it must be because they don't work as hard, etc. "

When you say

these are new times to try to make changes for the better and forge ahead. It's going to happen.

And

Things are going to change for black people. Things are going to get better, but there's a time element involved.

It sure sounds like you need to hear Wise say,
"In short, the fight against racism must address BOTH the fascist and overt forces and the systemic and institutional policies, practices and procedures that give them comfort and the false belief in their own superiority. White supremacy (The System) and White supremacy (the movement) will live or die together."

I'm not here to make you like me, nor am I looking to make you my enemy.

Guess what? You dont own exclusive rights to that.
You made it obvious when you called me a racist, so the first part of your statement seems truthful, the second sure does not.
Your incessant ad hominem tu quoqque fallacious shit doesnt help our conversations either.

you lead with racism and hate

And you persist with straw man bullshit. Show me where I have EVER LEAD...EVER...with EITHER RACISM or HATE.
You kno how to copy and paste, yeah?
Pitter-oatter, get at er... put up or shut up.
Obviously, IF you can provide this, I will AGAIN uncloak and apologize...but not bloody likely.
Because youre talking shit. (Sorry starting sentences with conjunctions pisses off certain sniping trolling grammar nazis)
Oh I might not say shit that you like in ways you like, and may even be offensive, but that doesnt make any of my comments 'racist' and/or 'hateful'

You should list being a racist as an interest, lol.

And you should list "Ignorant ad hominem shit talker" as your profession.
Capitalize the ignorant.
I gave you thirteen definitions of "racism", and have asked any and all of you ignorant fools to show me ANY statement Ive made that fits ANY of those REFERENCED definitions.
Im still waiting.

You are the worst representative for your race.

Sigh... see...ignorance. I know its beyond ANY of you to follow all the bombs Ive dropped (and instead focus on me dealing with trolls who literally follow me thread to thread) to see all the sources Ive mentioned...like Peggy Mackintosh. You just rattled off one of her classic white privileges...never having to be looked at as a representative of her entire race.

Who says Im repping anyone? I present facts in a nasty way. Facts no one has refuted because no one can, but instead respond with ad hominem shit talk.
YOU, unlike me...are a perfect representative of your race...arrogant and ignorant and racist and hypocritical as fuk.
At least you can take comfort in knowing most are like you.
What did Tim Wise say in that piece I dropped?
"systemic racism contributes to individual racism and white supremacy, which, once challenged, will produce an angry, hostile and even violent response from some." None of you like being challenged...hahaha muchless spoken down to. I have challenged people who indeed have become hostile and angry and think Im a thug because they dont realize it also gets violent. "Racist"? "Hateful"? Naw...you just dont like the pills of truth that Im feeding you, especially when I feed it to ya...as a suppository.

I see nothing about lifting people up,

Why would you see that from ME? What next, you want rape victims to praise men?
Sorry... that job aint mine.
Who am I to lift up...whites? Lift those above me in society? Next youll tell me whites have valid reasons to protest and march over race issues. And pumpkins. And hockey.
Sorry I havent 'uplifted' anyone, Ive been too busy getting sidetracked by flaming racist trolls.
I see absolutely no one else doing this 'uplifting' shit either...why you asking the black guy to jump that bar?

while smarter black folks concern themselves with elevating themselves and their race by participating in society by raising well-adjusted kids that go on to have great lives. What have you done for the black community?

More tu quoque fallacious shit? What have you done for ANY community?
FYI (Fuk Your Ignorance)
33% of blacks will have some sort of brush in with the law.
That means 2/3rds will not. So, what makes YOU think that MANY blacks dont do these exact things you say?
Oh, they get educated...but have a harder time finding employment. They will get employed...at lower pay rates. They will save and buy a home...only to get redlined and charged a higher interest rate.
You take two men working side by side making the exact same salary...and the white guy has a net worth 16X his black peer.
madame Walker. She concerned herself with not just elevating herself but other black women,like the ones she hired and made them into entrepreneurs, running her own business and was a millionaire.
That was 50 years before blacks were even allowed to vote.

If you were supportive, you would address racism among black folks for other races, and moving past that,

You must be high on crystal meth. Speak to black people? Ok, let me go call my dad or one of my sisters.
So what ...you want Me to be a spokesperson for whites to blacks? Hahaha after seeing how some of you roll here? Fuk that. You rep yourselves perfectly, and show what WE already know: Ignorant, arrogant, and racist as fuk. You see Charlottesville before youll say shit..shit we see on some level almost daily. Im surprised tigers not calling that woman who died a thug or saying she deserved to die...but, then again, she was white.

You're enslaved in your own mind.
Coming from a systemically bred sheeple? Whatever.
See thats the thing you are correct on:
Free will and choices.
Most blacks have no choice but to hold biases, while many racist whites are not out of 'free will'...as in deliberately and freely and openly racist. YOUR choice isnt in becoming ignorant but remaining ignorant.
Its not your fault that you thought Columbus discovered America, but its your choice to now remain ignorant, and even worse when you couple that ignorance with arrogance. I already used Frank brutally to prove this exact point.
He was like you... arrogant enough to think that he could fuk with me without doing his google research, assuming he was aware and not ignorant, thinking 'what he knew' was suffice to deal with me.

Whats a waste of life is someone who knows fuk all about a topic spewing off like they do, esp when the topic ends for them the second the conversation does.
(See...youll focus more on the thrown back personal snide than address what I said about the TOPIC)
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 920
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2017 5:31:48 PM

[[ I'm not sure who youre referring to. Your ambiguous comment seems (after yesterdays failure) to sound quite..."Trump"ish.
And as a Texas Chick? Oh...I already know the chances are that youre gonna talk ignorant shit ... youre a) white and b) Texan. With the shit assed text books down there, if youre a born n raised Texan, chances are youre gonna talk pure shit.
You might even fly the confed flag at home.
So...keep in mind, before you comment, that these are the SUSPICIONS I hold in looking at ANYTHING you say on THIS TOPIC.]]

Yuppers taking words out of contex,,,,,,
so,
Some typical Southern words,,,,just for you Ren Man

Bless your heart
 Ouija2025
Msg: 921
Posted: 8/17/2017 6:41:25 PM
Too many non black people like, enjoy black culture.. just not black people
Like the damn azzholes marching with Tiki torches.. white man has to steal from another culture.
Tiki torches, be funny if it wasn't tragic :(
RM - sometimes in your passion you lose the battle. Gotta get you some dragons :/
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 922
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2017 2:10:57 AM

Im surprised tigers not calling that woman who died a thug or saying she deserved to die...but, then again, she was white.

Seems the racist turd is still intent on throwing itself under my shoe, where it deserves to be constantly scraped off.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 923
Arrogant and Ignorant
Posted: 8/18/2017 3:25:35 AM

I COULD simply say, "The KLU KLUX KLAN and white supremacists have a TORCH BURNING rally? what did you expect?"
However...

"Others to act violent"
? What...white supremacists can 'protest' but cant be 'counter-protested'? Act violently? Who INITIATED the VIOLENCE?
We dont know. But y'all wanna assume its the 'blacks'. Fits your racist narratives. We sure know who took it to the point that they killed someone and injured others.

Yuppers taking words out of contex

What is there to take out of context?
A) Youre white, are you not? That means (as indicated in the earlier bombs I dropped) the mathematical probability that youre ignorant about this topic is higher than the chance youre actually knowledgeable, and
B) You ARE Texan. Meaning, if you grew up there and were educated there...its quite probable that youre very ignorant on this topic (as seen in this article, https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/22/opinion/how-texas-teaches-history.html, as well as here https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/17/texas-textbook-inaccuracies/19175311/).
You probably grew up celebrating Columbus Day, didnt you.
And you never answered about ever flying a Confed flag.

Lastly, when you blame "All sides" for shit torch carrying white supremacists started and finished, you indeed DO sound "Trump-ish"

Some typical Northern words?
Take off eh? Ya hoser.

NEXT

Too many non black people like, enjoy black culture..

Really?
Yeah, we call that "Appropriation" of our culture...something whit...er...Europeans are well known for. I mean, you made Jesus white!
Ive asked others and didnt get much of a response, so maybe YOu can tell me...what is White American Culture?
Baseball, apple pie, hot dogs and Chevy trucks?
Marching with burning torches to intimidate POCs?
Hey at least this 'enjoyment' of 'black culture' includes wanting darker skin...the tanning salon industry thanks you!

RM - sometimes in your passion you lose the battle.

My 'passion'? Oh you mean the utter disdain and contempt I have when I address racists and trolls? I certainly los to them in the trolling game. Not in the facts game. If battles are measured on ad hominem shit talk, flaming and trolling, I sure dont mind losing, but if its based on who drops the most fact bombs and introduces NEW info that (whether they like it or will admit it) introduces new info and data and sources and references and FACTS? This is a one sided slaughter.

I COULD have spoon fed it in liquid form. But when I have cherry pickers calling me a thug and others following me solely to troll and not participate..nope...Im gonna make it a football sized pill, tape it to my size 13 foot, and administer the factoids as a suppository, not a mouthful of honey on a silver spoon.

Hahahaha NEXT

still intent on throwing itself under my shoe, where it deserves to be constantly scraped off.

Hahaha how mighty white of you.
You know... appropriating MY earlier analogy.
Not very original imanorangetanner. You cant even come up with your own shit eh trog?
Shoes? Hahaha you cant fill mine pal. I wore your size in grade school. You should really address that Napoleon complex you have.

Moving on...
Of course...the rest will be like orangeyoutan...read this and bitch about 'insults' and whatever. Ya think they checked those links?
They probably are like Frank and think they know shit and dont need to look shit up.
Arrogant and ignorant.

The_Pearl
Msg: 924
Arrogant and Ignorant
Posted: 8/18/2017 7:37:00 AM

Youre white, are you not?

Who is the person always bring up a persons identity/color/race

aha how mighty white of you
Racist....

Arrogant and ignorant

Seems there are some that don't see their own.....

RM....did you vote for your racist president?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 925
Arrogant and Ignorant
Posted: 8/18/2017 7:55:37 AM
My dad has bigger balls then your dad.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism is not sexy