Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism is not sexy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy but it can get you electedPage 4 of 41    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

What about when you see a woman with nice long hair from behind and then she turns her head and you realize....it's a GUY !

Rarely -- but to be fair, I think I was learning that at a young age. No lie, I was macking on my Pre-school teacher (long story; she had awesome thighs) -- so I learned the ropes young. But yeah, still, once in a while, a double-take to ensure gender happens. I've never seen one luring my desire in my high school+ life or anything, though. But, I have many times thought one was a girl amongst the other girls (when it turns out to be Kurt Cobain look-alike when turning around). Always knew something was off -- but usually the pants give it away.

For me it's the dark hair or red hair.

Red heads are very delicious, I have to admit. I'm a sucker for them.

Never liked blonde much.

How can you not like blonde? I mean, that's so generic. It's like saying "I don't like light brown". For me, an I don't like = "Permed super-dark black hair as if they're trying out for an 80s part."
 cooldog65
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy but it can get you elected
Posted: 2/17/2017 7:31:37 AM
@GTO...I looked up that link and I have that exact picture as a postcard in my collection. I think it was made in either Spain or Portugal.

As I stated earlier, I prefer the darker persuasion. If they're brown...I am down.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/17/2017 7:38:08 AM
" usually the pants give it away."

You can't see pants in certain situations, like when they're in the car next to you - nothing to do with " learning the ropes young " , smart ass

Posted: 2/17/2017 9:38:41 PM

How can you not like blonde? I mean, that's so generic

Easy. I just don't. Just like people like one thing, but are either indifferent towards another thing or just don't like it. It's not like I turn away from it just because blonde is involved, but when we're talking about something like hair color as if nothing else matters, or the worn out idea that blonde is the one thing that gets most men's attention...that's crap. At least for me...and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has the same attitude though.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/18/2017 5:08:11 PM
Thats how i feel about it. I have the body type that Black guys are attracted to,,, i reply back i dont think we are a match. IF they insist why, i say so.
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 81
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/18/2017 7:43:58 PM
^^^^^What? "Black guys" are only attracted to your type of body? You're being a tad bit stereotypical, don't you think?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:00:56 PM
Cooldog wrote:

I am now the proud owner of a June 1975 issue and have an extra centerfold of her I recently purchased.

Cooldog wrote in another thread:

Inserts aren't going to make my penis any larger...

Centerfolds don’t care about the size of your penis.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:46:42 PM
This Boobpedia is pretty funny.

She has 38H cup breasts, which weigh 20 lbs each,

How do you apply for job weighing breasts? Do they have a job fair for that? Could this skill be combined with vulva photography, to diversify job prospects in this fast moving economy?

The last confirmed size of Cassandra's breasts was roughly around August 2012 in which she stated they were 38E. However, in late September 2012, she stated "I haven’t actually been fitted for a bra in a long time, so I’m not sure of the exact size

At least she didn't try to blame the boobpedia press corps for this apparent August 2012 "fake news" release
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 84
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/18/2017 8:59:21 PM

^^^^^What? "Black guys" are only attracted to your type of body? You're being a tad bit stereotypical, don't you think?

I guess she thinks black men are only attracted to women with the middle age spread. Maybe that's why I'm single...I'm too skinny.
 cooldog65
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/19/2017 12:40:15 AM
^^^^^ You're not too skinny...You're perfectly fine. I subscribe to a different standard of beauty.
 south_city
Msg: 86
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/19/2017 8:49:08 AM

What? "Black guys" are only attracted to your type of body? You're being a tad bit stereotypical, don't you think?

I remember having a conversation with a white BBW. She claimed most black men were more attracted to BBWs because many black men approached her at bars and clubs. When a black man does approaches or dates a BBW, that doesn't necessarily mean he is only interested in that body type. I have seen plenty of black men with girlfriends or wives ranging from thin to slightly overweight. This premise is a broad generalization.
 cooldog65
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/19/2017 9:13:34 AM

This premise is a broad generalization.

Well we are talking about broads...

Cooldog wrote:

I am now the proud owner of a June 1975 issue and have an extra centerfold of her I recently purchased.

Cooldog wrote in another thread:

Inserts aren't going to make my penis any larger...

Centerfolds don’t care about the size of your penis.

And the internet doesn't care either...
 AmI4U2017
Msg: 88
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/19/2017 1:27:26 PM
I don't post my pic because for some reasons black men are attracted to me. When I receive a message from black men, I try to be respectful and thank them for the message but let them know I feel we are not a good fit and I wish them well. Most times I get a response asking why I felt they were not a good match. I have considered adding to my profile that I prefer not to date African Americans but friends have told me it's rude to do that. So I haven't done it.
 south_city
Msg: 89
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/19/2017 4:31:05 PM

I don't post my pic because for some reasons black men are attracted to me. When I receive a message from black men, I try to be respectful and thank them for the message but let them know I feel we are not a good fit and I wish them well. Most times I get a response asking why I felt they were not a good match. I have considered adding to my profile that I prefer not to date African Americans but friends have told me it's rude to do that. So I haven't done it.

Maybe that's because there are many blacks in your area. Move to Montana or Vermont and you won't have to worry about black men contacting you. LOL.
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/20/2017 4:17:16 PM
Hey, when I was a kid I was kinda skinny...and fat girls would constantly come on to me. And people would keep saying that skinny guys and fat girls go together. I remember always wondering "in what universe? Who the hell made up that rule?" I got really tired of it. Go away! Scram! Shoo!
 prime ribb
Msg: 91
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/20/2017 5:23:47 PM

I remember having a conversation with a white BBW. She claimed most black men were more attracted to BBWs because many black men approached her at bars and clubs. When a black man does approaches or dates a BBW, that doesn't necessarily mean he is only interested in that body type. I have seen plenty of black men with girlfriends or wives ranging from thin to slightly overweight. This premise is a broad generalization.

Agreed. As a black man, it's assumed I'm into BBWs and I'm not. I like girls with some thickness in the right places but not flab and this where the confusion between thickness and obese comes in.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/20/2017 5:41:50 PM

And people would keep saying that skinny guys and fat girls go together. I remember always wondering "in what universe? Who the hell made up that rule?"

The law of averages -- that's what. ;)

As a black man, it's assumed I'm into BBWs and I'm not. I like girls with some thickness in the right places but not flab and this where the confusion between thickness and obese comes in.

Yeah, there's a difference between not being skinny, and having thickness in all the right places -- notably including T&A -- and liking BBWs (sure, they have T&A, and a lot more letters of the alphabet, too).
 south_city
Msg: 93
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/21/2017 7:45:21 AM
Some women with the traditional definition of curvy ( round breasts and butts with a relatively thin waist ) are very attractive. However now the word curvy is sometimes used to describe women that are BBWs / obese.
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/23/2017 7:55:40 PM

Agreed. As a black man, it's assumed I'm into BBWs and I'm not. I like girls with some thickness in the right places but not flab and this where the confusion between thickness and obese comes in.

A friend of mine who's Black and a bodybuilder told me that White BBWs were always approaching him because - in their words - "Black Men appreciate a 'real woman'". He was less than flattered by this
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 95
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/23/2017 8:04:26 PM

It's a stereotype that Black guys find thickness more attractive than White or Asian men. Thick thighs, wide hips, junk in the trunk, big breasts...you get the idea. And stereotypes often have a degree of truth in them. In fact, the only men who have told me to my face that I was too thin were either Black or Latino. When I worked in retail many years ago, some Mexican co-worker told me, "If you were thicker, you'd be fine."
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 96
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/23/2017 11:05:57 PM

You're not too skinny...You're perfectly fine. I subscribe to a different standard of beauty.

Lol, thanks. I'm fine with my size, though. I was just being silly because of that woman's comment.
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 97
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/23/2017 11:09:44 PM

It's a stereotype that Black guys find thickness more attractive than White or Asian men. Thick thighs, wide hips, junk in the trunk, big breasts...you get the idea. And stereotypes often have a degree of truth in them. In fact, the only men who have told me to my face that I was too thin were either Black or Latino. When I worked in retail many years ago, some Mexican co-worker told me, "If you were thicker, you'd be fine."

What a bunch of nitwits. I have never had a black man tell me that I was "too skinny". I've had other problems with them (Black men) but being skinny has never been one of them. However, I know that our beauty standards aren't the same as White beauty standards.
 south_city
Msg: 98
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/24/2017 6:54:26 AM

Do a larger percentage of black and Hispanic men date or prefer larger women compared to their white and Asian counterparts? Perhaps. But that's different than assuming ( not saying this applies to you ) that most black and Hispanic prefer or only date larger women.
 Cynderella
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/24/2017 7:56:38 AM
Too skinny too chubby
I get the too skinny all the time I do admit I look better with some weight.

As for expressing what you want or don't want in your profile is one's right. I do believe keeping in mind you may offend someone...you can be more tastful with the written word.
 cooldog65
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Racism is not sexy
Posted: 2/24/2017 9:46:58 AM
^^^^^ You look just fine. Nothing to worry about.

However, I know that our beauty standards aren't the same as White beauty standards.

Your beauty standards are what I have preferred for most of my life. My first interracial relationship happened 32 years ago and I never went back.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Racism is not sexy