Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslims      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 76
view profile
History
MuslimsPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I see the WOLF clawed up the wrong tree.
I'm sure he will be back perhaps as a coyote or fox....or perhaps a piece of scum that he is!
Bye Bye Hater
 Munna1980
Msg: 77
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:14:26 PM
And speaking of the video that wolfman posted:

Muslim countries used to welcome westerners with open arms. Have you guys looked at the photos of prewar Afghanistan where foreign women were roaming freely without fear with friends and family?

Pakistan's famous valleys Swat and Chitral were a well known destinations for European tourists and Americans.

You bomb someone's kid and you expect him to welcome countryman?

What type of twister logic is this?

That retired marine is there because America bombed Iraq? It is okay for an American to be a bigot and ignorant for no apparent reason but it is not fine for Iraqis to turn hostile towards Americans after what was done to them?

The rise of Daesh/Isis has a lot to do with how former Iraqi soldiers got a cold treatment by the provisional government of Iraq back then. They were put out of jobs overnight. Therefore, they took their talents to the terrorists. They trained a new generation of hostile angry young men for the sake of money. In order to appeal to the hardliners these former soldiers even grew beard and started to have a rleigious outlook to attract more recruiters.

One of the cofounders of Daesh/Isis was infact a former high ranking Iraqi army official. However, then he was appalled what Daesh was about, but by then it was too late. He was killed!!!
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 78
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:17:38 PM

And he hasnt stated that he is here legally or a citizen, much like the last proclaimed muslim "representing" didn't,

But still... even knowing that "you did not know"... You STILL presumed to know... and responded like a "stupid fvck" for "just for good measure"...

Oh, wait... I forgot about your "infallible illegal radar"... the one that lets you "just know" if people you see are "illegal"... from a single glance...

"What a maroon."

B. Bunny
 Tomfiend
Msg: 79
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:49:50 PM
^^^ yes you are right Munna...the US went in there, invaded Iraq for no reason, and caused lots of the problems there. Of course Afghanistan harbored Osama as a guest while he was knocking down our building, so invading that country and ridding it of the Taliban was justified.

Still.... if you hate the US so much... why are you here? Things are going to get a lot worse for you here before they get any better. We have a new President.... and lots of the crazies are coming out of the woodwork to support him. Maybe you have noticed?
 Tomfiend
Msg: 80
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:53:45 PM

Actually Tom, there such a thing as Bollywood. But, because you are all caught up running around calling people "evil" you have no time for any such information. Just as razoredge has just pointed out, many never leave their little bubble. And even when and if that happens, many have no idea what they are seeing when they are looking.

Well I am a world traveler and have lived ....over there... but regardless... Razor doesn't know what hes talking about. Many people learn about other countries through educating themselves. I was not aware that some called India's movie production "bollywood"...but so what. If the guy doesn't like our movies, nobody is forcing him to watch them... That was the point...which of course you didn't see because you are too busy chopping everybody's head off in here in virtually everyone of your posts. You are an angry man Walt....so sad :-)
 daynadaze
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 3:27:22 PM
Dee, I'm pretty sure that when he started calling women the C word in his posts in other forums that either someone turned him in or what ever is going on with monitoring these forum read it for them self. Wolf seems to be just another troll going farther and farther until getting removed. I also thought he/she sounded more like a woman trying to sound like a man, than being a man, but that's just my guess, based on pretty much nothing.
 _babblefish
Msg: 82
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 4:33:18 PM

I get shocked that how even Bollywood movies depicted Pakistan's major cities as an extremist haven where women are wearing burqas with veils.

Its Hollywood. . . not Bollywood. If you don't like our movies, don't watch them.

^as pointed oot to yuu, it is Bollywood and every Canadian i know, knows of Bollywood, and if i read his posting
history correct he dinna mention American made films..

there's an old joke that "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography, if y'all were blissfully unawares
that'd be ok, but you aren't a blissful people, so i ask..

who and what is hindering you to learn about the world? Is it the educational system? Is your media paying attention to the world?
is it a mixture of superiority, xenophobia, racism and an attitude that nothing worth talking about happens anywhere except the U.S. ?

wear that ignorance badge proudly
 Munna1980
Msg: 83
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 4:42:40 PM
I saw a Bollywood movie while back. It was an espionage film called, "D Day." Bunch of Indian spies infiltrate Pakistan in order to extract the fugitive Indian mobster that is backed by Pakistani secret spy agency. All of this was fine till they started to show how the army back home controls every aspect of life. Like how Pakistan's spy agency has infiltrated even places like barber shop and they are even having a desk at the airport.

Not only that they also gave a wrongful depiction of Pakistani female newscasters where they were shown to be wearing the Muslim headscarf.

No female news anchor of privately owned news channels back home dress like that.

What the hell was that?

Forget hollywood. This is bollywood.

I was appalled.
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 4:57:40 PM

Therefore, if you have any questions ask me?

Hey, I'm curious about Sharia Law. My understanding is that this is really different in different places and is the interpretation of the Koran (Qu'ran?) by religious leaders. Is this where practices that the West sees as very restrictive comes from? I guess I'm thinking mostly of treatment of women, gays, apostacy and such....

And.... why sometimes Muslim and other times Islam?

Thanks.

gtomustang
Msg: 85
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 5:05:57 PM
I am not an expert on Pakistan, but I know it and India have fought over Kashmir and have some bad blood between them, especially after Mumbai. So the idea Bollywood might attract people to their movies by making Pakistan look bad, seems like a business decision. As for Pakistan's ISI having an idea OBL was in the neighborhood, they originally supported the mujahedeen for their paramilitary skills that might be used in Kashmir. Just like America keeps supporting the MEK.

Sunnis in Iraq got screwed since America ran its de-Ba'athification program. When America took over WW2 Germany it kept some Nazis in power, realizing they had joined the party just to rise up the bureaucratic ladder. They knew where the keys to everything was, and where the light switches were located. Keeping them running things helped the government to run. Getting rid of the bureaucrats in Iraq didn't help the everyday government actitivites to run smoothly, and as the saying goes, people notice when the garbageman isn't coming around or the water doesn't flow from the tap.

Shi'a death squads using the Mukhabarat records Chalabi took, to find which Sunnis were most likely to rise up, obviously didn't sit well with the Sunni population. They first joined the bloodthirsty idiot (who's name I can't remember at the moment) who tried to join al Quada for protection, then gave him up, but his group rose to become ISIS. As the Shi'a became the government, the Sunnis found they needed protection yet again.

Afganistan was a tourist destination for those following the old Spice Route, but blowing up giant religious statues doesn't help. As an amateur historian, I hate to think of the Taliban or ISIS destroying what's left of old cultures.
 deetristate
Msg: 86
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 5:10:06 PM
Whatever the usa did, that doesn't mean that the doors should be open to anyone who wants to come here.

-------------

Didn't read wolf elsewhere. Thanks for the info, dayna
 Munna1980
Msg: 87
Muslims
Posted: 2/13/2017 9:04:05 PM

Hey, I'm curious about Sharia Law. My understanding is that this is really different in different places and is the interpretation of the Koran (Qu'ran?) by religious leaders. Is this where practices that the West sees as very restrictive comes from? I guess I'm thinking mostly of treatment of women, gays, apostacy and such....

And.... why sometimes Muslim and other times Islam?

Thanks.

Different interpretations do come in to play. The problem of the Islamic world is that there is indeed focus on education. However, what type of education?

People want to become doctors, engineers, bankers, stock brokers, or they want to get technology related jobs. There is little or no interest in theology, the proper scholarship of comparative religion, etc.

For example, in Islam it is recommended that the immediate male survivor of the decease leads the funeral prayer. It is not an absolute requirement for a certified religious personality like Imam to lead the funeral prayer.

None of the Muslim youth of my age knows the simple funeral prayer. So when their parents or loved one passed away the first thing they do is to a preacher.

Now, preachers come in different shapes on form. God forbid you get in to bad hands, then your life changes for the worst.

Sometimes I watch religious quiz shows for example from Pakistan. You will not believe that the general public can't answer basics questions about Islam. Yet, Pakistan is stereotyped as one of the most extremist countries in the world.

LOL
 Tomfiend
Msg: 88
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 6:10:28 AM
Fish for brains....people in the us are not familiar with the term Bollywood....and that shows the entire country is ignorant. Lol....such small minded people babbling here. You would think they really did have fish brains.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 89
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:32:43 AM

people in the us are not familiar with the term Bollywood

That's a generalized statement. I'm familiar with...have been for a while, too.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 90
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:46:58 AM
^^^^ right...some are some aren't. To accuse the entire nation of being ignorant because they are not familiar with the term "bollywood" is something you would expect from a person who admits to having fish for brains. I would guess those with a deeper interest in India's film industry would know this. Some of us could care less about India's film industry, although I do like some Indian Films, including the recent Australian Film, Lion, with a setting in India. (at least I believe it was Austrailian...could be wrong of course..never bothered looking it up).
 Tomfiend
Msg: 91
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:49:49 AM

Now, preachers come in different shapes on form. God forbid you get in to bad hands, then your life changes for the worst.

How can a "preacher" cause anybody any harm unless that person is a fundamentalist. If not....who gives a damn what a preacher in any religion has to say about anything? That makes no sense.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:56:59 AM
tom "I've lived over there " ???? Where is that???? ,,, and the film "lion" has the lead actor from guess ????
slumdog milliaire ,,,,bollywood !!! I first heard the term maybe 10 years back ,,,,,I don't fault you ,but if you like films check out the IMDB.com ,,,there is always more to learn ,,,cheers dude
 _babblefish
Msg: 93
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 9:59:42 AM

To accuse the entire nation of being ignorant because they are not familiar with the term "bollywood" is something you would expect from a person who admits to having fish for brains. I would guess those with a deeper interest in India's film industry would know this. Some of us could care less about India's film industry,

" could care less" < couldn't care less...

the realization in hindsight; multiple thoughts in one post taxed your comprehension skills

#mydeepestapologizes
 Munna1980
Msg: 94
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:13:39 AM
Bollywood films are a regular fixture now at major American movie theaters.

Priyanka Chopra the leading Bollywood actress has the lead role in the American hit tv show Quantico. Another top bollywood actress Deepika was in the third installment of XXX.

Now both of these ladies will also be seen in Bay Watch along with Dwayne Rock Johnson!!!

Tom lives in his own little world!!!
 Tomfiend
Msg: 95
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:16:17 AM
^^^^^LOL.... the mark of brains made out of fish..... next thing you will be babbling about spelling and grammatical errors. . . except you are wrong....could care less is proper and in frequent use by the public..that makes it perfectly acceptable as a colloquialism.
 deetristate
Msg: 96
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:17:02 AM
Slumdog was a British product.
NOT BOLLYWOOD

Tells you all you need to know about this,"Munna."
 Tomfiend
Msg: 97
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:18:46 AM
gee sorry there Munna....I rarely watch any television . . . . network shows, and have never watched, not one time, the supposed hit tv show Quantico (actually never heard of it) or XXX...whatever that is.

I guess that makes me a dummy in your eyes. Oh well....somehow I don't think I am going to lose any sleep over that.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 98
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:19:46 AM
^^^^ I did see Slumdog... thought it an excellent movie. I assumed it was made in India... but thanks for the information.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 _babblefish
Msg: 99
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 10:26:21 AM

^^^^^LOL.... the mark of brains made out of fish..... next thing you will be babbling about spelling and grammatical errors. . . except you are wrong....could care less is proper and in frequent use by the public..that makes it perfectly acceptable as a colloquialism.

na, my grammar and spelling is imperfect, frequent usage doesn't make your idiom any more logical, but carryon
gene-i-ous
 Munna1980
Msg: 100
Muslims
Posted: 2/14/2017 11:02:31 AM
According to a recent poll, 52% of trump supporters believed bowling Green massacre did happen.

This Tom guy and desiree are acting like ones.

where I cited slum dog?
Total ignorance. Total state of deniability when proven wrong
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Muslims