Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating in your 50's and 60's.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Dating in your 50's and 60's. Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I agree that dating should just be for fun. The wanting to get married thing should occur when and if you have met the right one and not start out as the agenda from the get go.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Dating in your 50's and 60's.
Posted: 3/13/2017 12:05:56 AM
yes hot flushes can be alleviated in this day and age.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2017 12:09:25 AM
ohenry
that a woman 25 years your junior sought you out has to have daddy issues. I wonder if she is after your money?
Be careful lol!! And yes, I know a man who had his son at 60 years of age and apparently had no trouble with ED and maintains at 65 can still get it up, despite having a huge belly and no doubt cholesterol and blood pressure issues.
 ohenryx
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2017 8:57:08 AM

ohenry
that a woman 25 years your junior sought you out has to have daddy issues. I wonder if she is after your money?
Be careful lol!!

Yes, she has issues. I doubt this is going anywhere. Interesting, but really short on long term potential.
And I’m always careful. Except when I’m not!

And yes, I know a man who had his son at 60 years of age and apparently had no trouble with ED and maintains at 65 can still get it up, despite having a huge belly and no doubt cholesterol and blood pressure issues.

I’m 66, and my cholesterol and blood pressure are damn near text book perfect. Diet and exercise.

And while everything works (quite well, thank you), the LAST thing I want are child support payments. Who in their right mind wants to be supporting kids when they are in their 70’s and 80’s?

I agree that dating should just be for fun. The wanting to get married thing should occur when and if you have met the right one and not start out as the agenda from the get go.

Now here we agree completely. The ones I find to be the worst about this are the Chinese women. I’m always approaching and talking to Chinese and other Asian women in my age range, as they somehow seem to always be … Hmmm, careful here! I was going to say “better preserved”, but that would get me in trouble. They do not show their age. Many Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese women in their 50’s and 60’s look like they are still in their 30’s. It’s really rather amazing.

But … (you knew there was going to be a “but”, right?) Inevitably, they are interested in getting married next week. If not sooner.
 cawmeny
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2017 10:28:52 PM
Would never have though about dating in 60"s , is dating the word to use, brings back the trauma of that first date, weak kneed, butterflies, feelings of insecurity, good enough , smart enough, pretty or hansom enough , and check the breath out, and the kiss! Oh that kiss. Today advertisement on TV good looking men and woman , no wrinkles, slim trim, beautiful heads of hair DATING!!!! need better word. just typing it is sort of scary.
 gtomustang
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/31/2017 6:03:12 AM
Cawmeny, your post reminded me of an old McDonald's ad, a "mature" man goes in for his daily meal and spots a lady his age he always sees eating alone...they both think about wanting to meet each other...and finally he gets over his preconceived notions of being too old, and walks over and asks if he can sit.

butterflies are great if a positive result occurs.
 Camile2099
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/31/2017 6:09:23 AM
How did you get that box around your quotes? I can't get the quote symbols to work.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/31/2017 6:49:13 AM
Camile...did you delete your post about receiving short messages? I guess that explains why I couldn't comment on it, but...you can adjust your mail settings in your profile so that messages less than 50 characters are rejected, it will let the other user know that you don't like the "Hey" messages or whatever.

[ quote ] To Quote [ /quote ]

Remove the spaces

To Quote
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/31/2017 7:53:50 AM
"you can adjust your mail settings in your profile so that messages less than 50 characters are rejected, it will let the other user know that you don't like the "Hey" messages or whatever. "

Not so fast cray, I still get those msgs despite adjusting my mail setting. I don't know how they get around it but they do.

I will say this tho , I do get a LOT less of those annoying " Hey / yo sup dawg " msgs than I used to
 dragonbytes
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2017 8:59:54 AM

ohenry

I never honestly got this daddy issue problem.

I am 64, why are daddy issues a bad thing? From my POV, it seems like a GOOD thing?

So why would a woman with daddy issues be bad for me?
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/31/2017 9:12:56 AM

Not so fast cray, I still get those msgs despite adjusting my mail setting. I don't know how they get around it but they do.

I will say this tho , I do get a LOT less of those annoying " Hey / yo sup dawg " msgs than I used to

POF is just glitchy sometimes...a 67yr old woman send me a message...what happened to the 14yr rule? It didn't really bother me much 'cause it was a forumite asking a question, but it still shows when she's online even though it's been way past thirty days, too. It's just weird Chuck.

I dropped that setting. I find it easier to ignore people when they don't think too much before sending a message.

I have heard that the "flirt" option is only available to women and when they hit it...it just sends a "Hey". Maybe that's how they're bypassing your character requirement?
 Seki1949
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2017 9:13:43 AM

Many Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese women in their 50’s and 60’s look like they are still in their 30’s. It’s really rather amazing.

Many seem to be quite skillful with make-up. Perhaps it's the skin tone that mutes the make-up.

I'm sure there would be some of them would be real shock at 6:00 am just waking up. (Not that I'm a peach myself.)
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/31/2017 9:18:03 AM
Cray

" I dropped that setting. I find it easier to ignore people when they don't think too much before sending a message"

Yeah, but if you were like me and every time you saw that you had received a new msg in your inbox and looked up at the sky and said " please, please, please, PLEASE let this be THE ONE to finally get me the frick out of here once and for all ! " .... only to have to read yet another " hey ".... you might understand why I changed my mail setting
 dragonbytes
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2017 9:53:56 AM

POF is just glitchy sometimes...a 67yr old woman send me a message...what happened to the 14yr rule? It didn't really bother me much 'cause it was a forumite asking a question, but it still shows when she's online even though it's been way past thirty days, too. It's just weird Chuck.

The rule isn't just +/- 14, it's a little trickier.

14 +/- unless you're 32. Then it is 14+/-10. Women 18 to 21 can only be contacted by men under 30 Gender doesn't apply, so it applies either to men or women. Then there are older people, I am not sure at what age, but at some age you can contact anyone who is older by any amount, meaning a 60yr old can contact a 85 yr. old
 missrightright
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/31/2017 10:29:58 AM

Overall, women just do not participate as fully in the online dating process as they used to years ago.
Which is why the Profile Review forum has a constant stream of complaints about lack of interest and replies.
From men of all ages.

I agree; I only pop in and out of dating when I'm bored or want...ummmm....what's the word? Adult time. Yeah, that's it. Most of my women friends aren't that interested in finding a LTR. We have kids, or maybe grandkids, we travel, we keep learning, we have careers that carry more responsibility, we socialize, we go to Zumba, we might be helping to look after our parents, and so on... Now, none of that is to say we don't like men. I certainly do. It's just that having a LTR requires time and energy, so yeah, he'd have to be special to make me want to take time and energy away from my other interests and obligations. Obviously, he'd have to find me special too, and worth the effort. It's in the eye of the beholder.
 gtomustang
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/31/2017 3:57:55 PM
Daddy issues are bad for the cheap men...b/c Daddy is supposed to pay his kid's way. also, I knew a fellow who played Daddy, he was always complaining about the maturity (ie, lack of responsibility) in his gf, soon to be wife. I always felt like saying, "you showed me some photos and pretended to forget you had topless photos of her at the end. I know how beautifully, firmly large her breasts are. You didn't marry her for her maturity, moron, stop complaining she keeps losing her drivers' license and you have to go to the DMV to get her a new one."

he loved taking her to the store for new bikinis. He didn't like it when at the restaurant she'd shoot spitballs into what's left of his hair b/c he was ignoring her.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/31/2017 7:53:11 PM
Do men have mommy issues?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/31/2017 8:42:59 PM

meaning a 60yr old can contact a 85 yr. old

Well, MY life just acquired a whole new meaning.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2017 8:55:05 PM

Well, MY life just acquired a whole new meaning.

Believe me, you will leave the competition in the dust, those guys can't move all that fast. You will have the ladies falling all over themselves.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/1/2017 9:43:33 AM
There's a 70 year old that loves my haircut.

I might take her out once I've exhausted my options in a 50 mile radius.
 Maleman999
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/1/2017 10:17:37 AM
Many people had love at first sight when young. But do any older people get the same "love at first sight" feeling, or is it just infatuation? There's physical attraction at first sight, which most people get at any age. But, as for the feeling of "I found the One that I want to spend the rest of my life with" as soon as seeing a stranger, I haven't seen older people get that. Is it because older people are more cautious and guarded now when meeting strangers because of a previous relationship gone bust, or is it something else?
 cooldog65
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2017 10:30:30 AM

Hi Judy, I think age does become an issue even though people say it doesn't. In my experience younger men have been more respectful, I'm sure this is because I'm 51! Most men that contact me seem to be younger anyway, I do find it seems to have become a trend, although I've known immature older men, and younger guys that are wise and decent beyond their years.

Judy's gone. She's not waving back...

Immature older men and mature younger men. How many times have I heard this before? That tired line is always used as a form of justification when dating younger. These younger guys might be dating older women because they think it'll be easier to get shagged (laid). There could be other reasons. Who knows?
 ohenryx
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2017 9:16:40 PM

dragonbytes
I never honestly got this daddy issue problem.

I am 64, why are daddy issues a bad thing? From my POV, it seems like a GOOD thing?

So why would a woman with daddy issues be bad for me?

All of this talk about “daddy issues” always makes me think of this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPv5NZR_Wtk

When I was a young man, in my 20’s, back in the Paleolithic era, there was a certain class of young women (mostly country girls) who would refer to me as “daddy”, even though we were approximately the same age.

dragonbytes
The rule isn't just +/- 14, it's a little trickier.

14 +/- unless you're 32. Then it is 14+/-10. Women 18 to 21 can only be contacted by men under 30 Gender doesn't apply, so it applies either to men or women. Then there are older people, I am not sure at what age, but at some age you can contact anyone who is older by any amount, meaning a 60yr old can contact a 85 yr. old

Those limitations have proven to be somewhat fluid. But the rule for “seniors” seems to kick in at 51. I can contact, and receive messages from, 51 year old women even though I am 66.

gtomustang
Daddy issues are bad for the cheap men...b/c Daddy is supposed to pay his kid's way.

Lucky for me that I’m not cheap then!

ClooneysTutor
Do men have mommy issues?

That definitely does appear to be the case, based on what I have heard from women personally, and what I have read here in the forums.

But it doesn’t take the form of men wanting older women, it takes the form of men wanting women to take care of them the way their mother always did.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/3/2017 5:11:54 AM
I met a lovely woman on Friday - her friend made the arrangements for us to meet. She is quite beautiful younger looking than her age 65, showed me pictures of her kids ( good looking) chatted away then told me she and her guy just split after 3 years together.. and showed me his picture.
I must have gotten a look on my face
he is 19 years younger
Judgy I know but no idea what they had in common.
19 years!!!
I don't possess that level of confidence
 ohenryx
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2017 10:38:37 AM

Ouija2025
I met a lovely woman on Friday - her friend made the arrangements for us to meet.

This is slightly off kilter, the way it’s stated just does not compute. Why were you meeting this woman, why did her friend make the arrangements for the two of you to meet?

I am under the impression that you are hetero, if that’s not the case, then this would make a little more sense.

At any rate, to answer your question about what they might have had in common – a lot more than you might think. 65 and 46 are not nearly as different as 46 and 27. I guess you’ll just have to take my word for it, but it is true.

And as for “I don’t possess that level of confidence” – why not? You’re looking pretty good these days, go for it!!

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating in your 50's and 60's.