Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating in your 50's and 60's.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Dating in your 50's and 60's. Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Ouija2025
I met a lovely woman on Friday - her friend made the arrangements for us to meet.

This is slightly off kilter, the way it’s stated just does not compute. Why were you meeting this woman, why did her friend make the arrangements for the two of you to meet?

I am under the impression that you are hetero, if that’s not the case, then this would make a little more sense.

At any rate, to answer your question about what they might have had in common – a lot more than you might think. 65 and 46 are not nearly as different as 46 and 27. I guess you’ll just have to take my word for it, but it is true.

And as for “I don’t possess that level of confidence” – why not? You’re looking pretty good these days, go for it!!

Ouija2025
Msg: 126
Dating in your 50's and 60's.
Posted: 4/3/2017 10:55:57 AM
Sorry, worded wrong, her friend came as well - 3 of us hit Happy hour.
I did like the woman but we orbit different circles. She likes to go out.. I'm thisclose to be a hermit
No, not interested in someone I could have given birth to :/
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 127
Posted: 4/3/2017 11:06:39 AM

he is 19 years younger
Judgy I know but no idea what they had in common.
19 years!!!

Things 2 people who are 19 years apart in age COULD have in common:

Art
Movies
Literature
Dance
Music
Cuisine
Nature
Travel
Politics
Sports
Moral values
Life philosophy

Basically....just about everything 2 normal people can have in common.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/3/2017 11:12:05 AM
yea well my dog and I share many of those
not dating her either :)
I should have asked why they split.. prolly " nothing much in common!" :p
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2017 4:16:35 PM
Clooney wrote:

There's a 70 year old that loves my haircut.
Nah, just the fact that you have hair.

Dragonbytes wrote:

Believe me, you will leave the competition in the dust, those guys can't move all that fast. You will have the ladies falling all over themselves.
I wouldn't get FullMoonGuy's hopes up. At that age, they're just..um.. falling over.

FMG could still have fun with 'em though, but I'm thinking more of in a "Weekend at Bernie's" type sense.

Henry wrote:

Many Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese women in their 50’s and 60’s look like they are still in their 30’s.
True. I've always thought when you see an Asian woman that looks 75, she must really be about 110.

Ouija wrote:
I did like the woman but we orbit different circles. She likes to go out.. I'm thisclose to be a hermit
Sounds about like me and my GF.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 130
Posted: 4/4/2017 5:07:38 PM
10 mins at a party.. I am like more food and wine, less people
And there is always someone who says something oddish to me.. I smile and slide away
Hermits are good :) We don't take up much of a carbon footprint
 GoodLord1
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/5/2017 5:07:27 AM

Things 2 people who are 19 years apart in age COULD have in common:

Art
Movies
Literature
Dance
Music
Cuisine
Nature
Travel
Politics
Sports
Moral values
Life philosophy

Basically....just about everything 2 normal people can have in common.

Ouija said:

yea well my dog and I share many of those
not dating her either :)

your dog likes politics? Hilary, Bernie, Elizabeth or Donald? ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

everyone is different as are energy levels.

I took out a woman for New Years Eve who was 10 years younger than me. dinner and dancing.

the most popular band in Clearwater was cranking out the dance tunes and I said yippeeee.

she lost energy quickly and was finished at 12:30. I took her home and went back to the club.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2017 8:28:10 AM
SS4544Spd

I wouldn't get FullMoonGuy's hopes up. At that age, they're just..um.. falling over.

FMG could still have fun with 'em though, but I'm thinking more of in a "Weekend at Bernie's" type sense.

I went with my mother a few times on a golden circle outing, it's a senior club that takes day trips.

You get to feeling very healthy and strong because you can beat everyone off and on the bus.
 ohenryx
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2017 10:57:09 AM

dragonbytes
I went with my mother a few times on a golden circle outing, it's a senior club that takes day trips.

You get to feeling very healthy and strong because you can beat everyone off and on the bus.

Back in 2008, I had a total knee replacement. After 5 days in the hospital, I spent 7 days in a rehab hospital. Afterwards, I told everyone the best thing about the stay in the rehab hospital was that it kept me from feeling sorry for myself. At 57, I was nearly the youngest, and by far the healthiest, in the entire place.

GoodLord1
everyone is different as are energy levels.

I took out a woman for New Years Eve who was 10 years younger than me. dinner and dancing.

the most popular band in Clearwater was cranking out the dance tunes and I said yippeeee.

she lost energy quickly and was finished at 12:30. I took her home and went back to the club.

The main meetup group I belong to is for singles over 50. The women in their early 50’s tend to think that I’m too old for them. And the ones closer to my age tend to be OLD and SLOW, they usually go home by 10 p.m. Still and all, I do have a good time, and it beats the hell out of sitting home alone watching reruns of Gilligan’s Island.
 Seki1949
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2017 10:12:08 PM

watching reruns of Gilligan’s Island.

Oh! Those poor people . . .
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2017 1:19:52 AM
I agree that the older the couple is the less an age gap would matter. Asian women do age better as a rule. It m ust be in the DNA but they barely seem to wrinkle at all.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 136
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:31:12 AM
Asians - it's all that fish oil in their food moisturizing their skin.
 Maleman999
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:34:24 AM
The Asians in the area where I live must come from a different part of Asia, because the Asian women I see look their age. One thing I do notice is there seems to be less obesity among Asians than the rest of the population. It must have something to do with the foods they eat, and eat less sugar and salt loaded processed foods that everyone else eats. Maybe that's why they might appear to be aging better.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/6/2017 6:22:19 AM
^^^^its all the fresh, not over cooked veg they eat. Helps them to be more disciplined with weight too.
I haven't dated for most of my 40's and now 50, I'm just hoping any unlucky fellas I date in the future are accepting of everything taking a trip south.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2017 8:12:07 AM

The Asians in the area where I live must come from a different part of Asia, because the Asian women I see look their age. One thing I do notice is there seems to be less obesity among Asians than the rest of the population. It must have something to do with the foods they eat, and eat less sugar and salt loaded processed foods that everyone else eats. Maybe that's why they might appear to be aging better.

It's genetics, Asians have a thicker dermis that contains greater collagen. This means that their skin show fewer signs of pre-mature aging.

Maleman, if it's random Asian women, I wonder how you really know their age?

It's obvious in general Asian women (and men) seem to appear younger than their true age. When I was on a Thai dating site, women that were 20-30 appeared to be younger than 18. At every age up to about 60 they appear younger than similar European women.

But on another note, with Singapore, Macau, Japan being an exception, many Asian countries have a shorter lifespan than in the European and USA populations. When women are over 35 without being married, they consider themselves an old maid, over 50 and they feel it's all downhill.

The native population were amazed that my mother at age 85 at the time could get around as well as she did when we traveled in Thailand. I just don't see a lot of really older people out and about.

A thing to keep in mind, the term Asian covers a huge range of ethnic diversity, so you can't generalize.

Not sure if it's lifestyle or genetics in places like Thailand that creates a shorter lifespan .
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating in your 50's and 60's.