Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo2
Msg: 251
Trump is PresidentPage 11 of 64    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Really, John.
Immigration policy is being discussed over in the 'Muslim in America' thread.
And Dee has already quoted you there.
Or maybe you're quoting her here....

It isn't like there's an original thought between the two of you.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 252
Trump is President
Posted: 4/9/2017 7:49:23 AM

It isn't like there's an original thought between the two of you.

This is how they think:

https://i.redd.it/1x2sxfjdziqy.jpg

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 John252817
Msg: 253
Trump is President
Posted: 4/9/2017 9:03:16 AM
2ufo2. I hope you are telling every poster where threads are and that everyone else goes EVERYWHERE on these threads. Puhlease, don't be a hypocrite if you want to just single a couple people out and not all. Why is it liberals do what they do????? Looks like "your original thoughts" are what matters most....ya right. YIKES!!!!!
 deetristate
Msg: 254
let's see if Chump draws another red line
Posted: 4/9/2017 9:16:10 AM
Could be, Doremi, if you first believe in collusion. As two powers trying to rid Syria of ISIS.
 2ufo2
Msg: 255
Trump is President
Posted: 4/9/2017 11:31:37 AM
[2ufo2. I hope you are telling every poster where threads are and that everyone else goes EVERYWHERE on these threads. Puhlease, don't be a hypocrite if you want to just single a couple people out and not all. Why is it liberals do what they do????? Looks like "your original thoughts" are what matters most....ya right. YIKES!!!!!
Sorry, John.
I thought you'd want to know where the immigration discussion was going on.
I was simply trying to direct you to the most appropriate spot for your excited sentence rather than letting you attempt to hi-jack the thread.
Us liberals try to be helpful, you know.

Some kind of thought is welcome.
Original is preferable but well-elucidated is good also, as is an opinion with support.
Sadly, you do not seem capable of this.
I am not singling out you or Dee; you and she do that yourselves.

Dee... that is a good point. But are you saying that Russia and USA colluded on Syria? Or are you saying that Doremi believes that Russia and USA colluded but you believe otherwise?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 256
Trump is the worst President
Posted: 4/9/2017 2:21:49 PM
116 Paths to Putin
March 31, 2017 thetrumpwatchdog President Trump

For the full list:

https://thetrumpwatchdog.com/2017/03/31/103-paths-from-trump-to-putin/

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 257
view profile
History
The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 4/10/2017 1:28:15 PM
I’m actually mostly in agreement with the alt-right and non-interventionists on Syria – it’s a cluster of the nth degree and undoubtedly a no-win scenario (plus the source of the gas seems a little suspicious, though I am no conspiracy theorist). If Assad is overthrown and democracy is installed, Islamists will win the elections, because the Syrians fighting him are as much sheep as Trump supporters and extremely willing to vote against their best interests. How could I possibly know that? Recent history: Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Iran, even formerly highly secular Turkey! Assad really isn’t OUR enemy but his successor will probably be. Unless the United States wants to leave soldiers there to babysit like they did in Afghanistan, you can pretty much guarantee ongoing civil war long after Assad’s fall, just as soon as the rebels fighting for secular freedom get PO’ed at all the rebels who were fighting for an Islamic state, probably right after the first election (and defeating Assad will do nothing to relieve the country of ISIS). This is not to say I don’t have as much sympathy for Assad’s victims as Trump claims to have, but I have no idea what the intervention end game is, other than more chaos and death.

Of course, the difference between myself and KJ/Dee is that I don’t really give a damn. We can get in another war, we can not get in another war, whatever, as I’m neither much of a hawk nor dove and believe our homegrown violence is of much greater concern than terrorism, which gets all the attention just for being LOUD. I have little to no emotional attachment to the outcome of the Syrian situation. But I have MUCH emotional attachment to the outcome of Trump’s presidency, and frankly, whatever decision weakens him the most is the best one to me. Whatever mess he creates, the next president can clean up, just like Obama had to do with Bush (and I'm talking about REAL messes, not the "fake messes" Trump complains he's inherited, like 5% unemployment and 2% GDP increases). Therefore, it is VERY important that his flip-flopping and hypocrisy on the matter be broadcast loudly and clearly.

“Hawking, what ‘influence’ do you think Russia had on the election? Based on what?”

One thing I most certainly didn’t miss about this place was Dee’s denseness. Come on, woman! EVERYTHING had an influence on the election. Me explaining to my wavering friend the consequences of voting for Stein over Clinton influenced the election. Alec Baldwin influenced the election. Some third-grader in Idaho influenced the election. Some 95-year-old in Michigan dying the day before voting began influenced the election. It’s all a butterfly effect.

The question is not whether the Russians influenced our election but whether they influenced the election enough to flip the winner in the electoral college, and as I previously stated, that’s impossible to know, unless we want to contact every single person that voted, inject them with truth serum and ask them why they voted the way they did. But it seems statistically likely when you consider the election was decided by 80,000 votes out of 137 million cast – every little thing probably caused it to swing one way or the other, and Russia’s influence was by no means small.

Republicans and Trumpians are fond of claiming the “fake news” polls missed this election, but the national ones absolutely did not – the last week of polling had Clinton with a 2.1 RCP average, and Clinton won the popular vote by... 2.1%. That’s 100% accuracy for the average. The national polls (as opposed to the less reliable state polls that electoral college predictions were made on) were even more accurate this election than the past several, and on average have not picked the wrong popular vote winner in many decades.

Why am I bringing this up now? Because on October 7, the date that Wikileaks began releasing the anti-HRC documents that came from the Russian hack (even Trump admits the Russians did this), Clinton led Trump by an average of almost 6 points in the same polls, including by 10+ points in some polls. Now many, many things happened between the beginning of the Wikileaks onslaught and the election, including 2 more debates, the Billy Bush revelation and Comey’s very public revisiting of Clinton’s emails, so there’s no way we can say for sure that it was the Wikileaks releases that damaged Clinton to the point of losing those 3 states by 80,000 votes. But just the fact that she was in such a strong position pre-final-Wikileaks and that (and Comey) were the most damaging things that happened to her from that date forward (in fact, she unquestionably beat Trump in both subsequent debates according to the undecideds and Billy Bush was arguably more damaging to Trump than anything that happened to her) strongly suggests that Wikileaks probably had enough effect to give Trump that 80,000 vote edge.

Of course, this doesn’t even take into consideration Russia’s use of TRUE fake news to influence the election in Clinton’s favor, which they had been doing throughout the entire year. They were also at that in 2012, but they obviously tried much harder this time around (since there was not much difference between Obama and Romney when it came to Russia but great differences between Clinton and Trump) and the fake news was much more with believable with Clinton than Obama since she was a much more flawed candidate. Nevertheless, I wouldn’t doubt Russia’s fake news influence was worth tens of thousands of votes as well. Thing is, you have to understand (but I can understand why you wouldn’t) that the average American is very stupid and easily influenced. There were many millions of undecideds going into voting and there’s not much question that far more than 80,000 in those 3 states looked at all the supposed Democratic corruption Russia was either exposing or making up and said “Clinton is too corrupt for me,” which is not to say most such people then voted for Trump, but voting for Johnson or Stein or not at all was for all practical purposes a vote for Trump.

And that’s how Russia influenced the election. But again, I’m not saying their influence gave Trump the victory, because there is no way that can possibly be determined. And I’m also not saying Trump’s campaign colluded with them.
 Kj521
Msg: 258
Posted: 4/10/2017 2:51:40 PM
"Why am I bringing this up now? Because on October 7, the date that Wikileaks began releasing the anti-HRC documents that came from the Russian hack (even Trump admits the Russians did this),"

That is incorrect, Mr. Hawking. The Podesta emails did not come from....the Russian hack.

Which is who, btw?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 259
Posted: 4/10/2017 3:02:53 PM
I hope this isn't true
" WASHINGTON -- The United States has concluded Russia knew in advance of Syria's chemical weapons attack last week, a senior U.S. official said Monday.

The official said a drone operated by Russians was flying over a hospital as victims of the attack were rushing to get treatment. Hours after the drone left, a Russian-made fighter jet bombed the hospital in what American officials believe was an attempt to cover up the usage of chemical weapons.

The senior official said the U.S. has no proof of Russian involvement in the actual chemical attack in northern Syria."
So Dee if it is true do you think the rebels told Russia? Hardly
 HawkingJr
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2017 3:04:07 PM
"That is incorrect, Mr. Hawking. The Podesta emails did not come from....the Russian hack."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta

Personal email leak

Main article: Podesta emails

On October 7, 2016, WikiLeaks started to publish thousands of emails reportedly retrieved from Podesta's private Gmail account, some of which contained controversial material regarding Clinton's positions or campaign strategy.[31] Podesta and the Clinton campaign did not confirm or deny the authenticity of the emails.[32][33] Experts investigating the leak, including a security firm that tracked the hacking tools used, determined that a Russian hacking group had accessed Podesta's account.[34] Podesta said that Russian intelligence officials attempting to influence the presidential election in favor of Donald Trump were behind the leak.[31]

The United States Intelligence Community released a statement directly accusing Russian intelligence of involvement.[35][36][37][38][39] Vice President Joe Biden told NBC News that the United States was "sending a message" to Russian President Vladimir Putin and that a wide-ranging "clandestine" cyber operation would take place in response to the Russians' activities.[40]

I left all the source attribution numbers to those statements in the article in the excerpt. Of course, I'm sure your Trump-worshipping TRUE fake news conspiracy theory sites claim something else entirely, but I personally have a lot more faith in the FBI, CIA and NSA (deep state or not) than I do Breitbart and PJMedia.
 gtomustang
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/10/2017 3:08:34 PM
if you tune into the looney tunes news, you believe it was any 14 yr old. Otherwise:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/podesta-says-trump-adviser-roger-stone-may-have-had-advance-knowledge-of-hack-020432912.html

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/12/12/13919702/russian-hackers-donald-trump-2016
 Kj521
Msg: 262
Posted: 4/10/2017 3:18:56 PM
Mr. Hawking?

Your source is Wikipedia?

Btw.....this:

"Experts investigating the leak, including a security firm that tracked the hacking tools used,"

CrowdStrike (the expert) has since walked back their report.....after Wikileaks released #Vault 7.

Guess no one updated Wikipedia. :)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/10/2017 4:17:32 PM
^^^The only report CrowdStrike walked back was their report on the Ukraine, not Russian hacking of the DNC.
 Kj521
Msg: 264
Posted: 4/10/2017 4:40:38 PM
True. But tends to lead to a credibility issue:

"Here’s the problem. Yes, the FBI has agreed with CrowdStrike’s conclusion, but the FBI did not analyze the DNC servers because the DNC specifically denied the FBI access. This was noteworthy in its own right, but it takes on vastly increased significance given the serious errors in a related hacking report produced by the company.

As such, serious questions need to be asked. Why did FBI head James Comey outsource his job to CrowdStrike, and why did he heap praise on the company? For instance, back in January, Comey referred to CrowdStrike as a “highly respected private company.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-28/something-stinks-here-crowdstrike-revises-retracts-parts-explosive-russian-hacking-r

So......why wouldn't the DNC allow the FBI to analyze their servers? Why trust CrowdStrike and not the FBI? If Russian hacking was suspected....shouldn't our government agencies have been the ones analyzing the servers? Hmmm.....
 LOLTrump
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:24:24 PM

Mr. Hawking?

Your source is Wikipedia?

Wikipedia is not a source.

Read what he wrote: "I left all the source attribution numbers to those statements in the article in the excerpt."

Those numbers that you see in Wiki articales are the source links.

So if want to question the source you need to look at the artical and click on the number realted to the statement made.
 deetristate
Msg: 266
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:35:16 PM
Hawking

If your response to a question as to what evidence is there regarding russia and trump's election is "everything affected the election, " I am not the person who is dense.

But you return to your irish form, trying to disparage because you have nothing.

Welcome back to this identity.

LOL.

More "may" "likely" probably " talk.

So now you people are conflating allegations of election "collusion" and syria action

Uh, ok.

LOLTrump
Msg: 267
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:40:15 PM

If you responee to a question as to what evidence us thete regarding rusdia and trumos electionis "everything affected the ekection, " i am not the persin who is dense.

Yeah Hawking you must provide information about everything that affected the rusdias did to affect the ekection.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:58:40 PM

True. But tends to lead to a credibility issue:

Frankly, it goes beyond the pail, for someone who voted for President Trump, to have credibility issues with anyone else.

Hawking

But you return to your irish form

Yea, I devised this plan in 2007 when I created the Hawk profile...

BOO DEE....sorry to have scared you...you see...there aren't many liberal posters here...in fact we're all Irish...well, either that or you're just one more paranoid conservative that needs to keep their guns close and the doors locked.

Wadda Moroon
 Kj521
Msg: 269
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:05:12 PM
Fair enough, Mr. Irish.....

As I find it.....goes beyond the....pale....., for someone who voted for Hillary Clinton to have credibility issues with anyone else. :)

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 270
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:11:07 PM

Fair enough

You must be the only person in America to admit she voted for Trump.

As I find it.....goes beyond the....pale....., for someone who voted for Hillary Clinton to have credibility issues with anyone else.

And I find that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (or you just couldn't think of something original :))
 LOLTrump
Msg: 271
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:15:18 PM

As I find it.....goes beyond the....pale....., for someone who voted for Hillary Clinton to have credibility issues with anyone else. :)

I would ask you to lay out what credibility issues, but I think we both know you would be unable to do so and if you tried it could be easily show to either be a false claim or one that tRump has been much worse at.

But just for fun, drop just one of those issues and lets see what you got.
 Kj521
Msg: 272
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:16:53 PM
"You must be the only person in America to admit she voted for Trump."

Lol! Probably not. But I have no shame regarding my choice.....Hillary was never an option.

You should be flattered. But I did change one word for you. You are welcome. :)
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 273
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:22:10 PM

I would ask you to lay out what credibility issues

Yea, 25 years of investigations and no charges...7 Benghazi investigations...no charges...not like she paid $25 million to settle fraud charges...or...tried to take some old ladies home to build a parking lot...or settled with the justice department on racial discrimination charges.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 274
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:24:54 PM
CS not all that good
Anyone, I mean near anyone can hack, or fake, whatever they choose
Who KJ voted for should not diminish what she speaks
Not like Trump voters evil, Clinton voters the chosen ones
 deetristate
Msg: 275
Posted: 4/10/2017 6:28:26 PM
Fear is Nowhere in the realm.
No one should fear leftists, particularly the group here.

Pity,maybe. In some cases,sympathize.

In cases like ouija, appreciate that we can disagree without anger and derision.

The biggest threat from Russia is picking an unnecessary fight over nothing.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because