Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 451
The biggest threat ever is garbage-in-chief and the garbage that supports himPage 19 of 64    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
Speaking VERY generally....its sometimes a pity to hear youngsters believe a material item is the ticket to happiness. That instead of enjoying an event, they focus on how they will be seen when they are at the event, that they must have a material item or it will somehow be a failure.

it might help them, when they become adults, to see a bigger picture, esp when dealing with matters in life. sometimes, it helps a child to not get the thing they want, so they can learn not everyone gets an award for showing up, that things can fail to happen and yet an adult finds a way to find victory out of those ashes. that we can all be a prince or a princess by who we are not what we have, that clothing does not make the man, and so on thru all the old clichés.

now, i'm not trying to judge how any parents reveals to their children what is the most important thing in life. i'm merely thowing an idea out there. ultimately, we want our children to smile, and we'll do what we individually think is necessary.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 452
The biggest threat ever is garbage-in-chief and the garbage that supports him
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:34:02 AM

Speaking VERY generally....its sometimes a pity to hear youngsters believe a material item is the ticket to happiness. That instead of enjoying an event, they focus on how they will be seen when they are at the event, that they must have a material item or it will somehow be a failure.

I would say you are not speaking generally but rather factually.
 _babblefish
Msg: 453
Posted: 4/22/2017 12:58:21 PM

it's how the "VERY" gated teach the next gen stepford
 deetristate
Msg: 454
The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 4/22/2017 4:43:52 PM
Meh.

Not that kj cares what you think about her outing ..............
Some parents have the means to give them all. They are not mutually exclusive.
 Kj521
Msg: 455
Posted: 4/22/2017 7:34:03 PM
"its sometimes a pity to hear youngsters believe a material item is the ticket to happiness. That instead of enjoying an event, they focus on how they will be seen when they are at the event, that they must have a material item or it will somehow be a failure. "

It is interesting that this is how you see it....and quite telling that you don't have children, Mr. Gto. :)

This was how I see it and what today was really about. It was about the moments shared between a mother and daughter. A mother teaching her daughter how to choose a dress that fits within the parameters of social acceptance while maintaining a fair amount of modesty. It was creating an experience of positive self body image which is a very important during these developmental years.

It was a day of two sisters.....reminiscing of proms long past....and "OMG! I can't believe I dated that guy!" and the reply...."I can't believe you even got a date!" (Cause we still love to tease each other. :) ) All the while...the teenage girls enjoying and laughter ringing out at the stories and visuals of what the late 80's & early 90's high school proms were like.

Now....my daughter....is like most teenagers.....she may not fully appreciate....(although....I did get the very sincere thank you, Mom, for taking so much time today. And an...I love you.)....the memories made and the life lessons learned....but she will one day. This I know. :)

Life is short....and we are not guaranteed....not even one more breath....so make the memories. For it is the memories, that are priceless. My daughter will have today.....and next Saturday night where she will create more memories to add to her treasure chest that one day she may share with her children. :)

*****I'll let you in on a secret though. My daughter did have a budget that she had to stay within but after patiently waiting and rehanging close to 50 dresses......I think I would have paid dang near any price just to get out of there! Haha! She doesn't know that though. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :D
 LOLTrump
Msg: 456
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:23:40 PM

It is interesting that this is how you see it....and quite telling that you don't have children, Mr. Gto. :)

It is interesting that KJ is so out of touch with reality that she think she is teaching her kids anything.

You do not need not have to have kids to understand that they learn watching what you do and what you value and if those are material things chances are you have failed to instill anything of value.
 Kj521
Msg: 457
Posted: 4/22/2017 8:36:19 PM
Mr. Lol?

You have no idea what my reality is....if you did....you would understand the concept of humility.

And that is one characteristic that you have never displayed either in this profile incarnation...or as Frank.

But do carry on....your unjustified arrogance is amusing. (And I mean that sincerely) ;)
 LOLTrump
Msg: 458
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:01:57 AM

You have no idea what my reality is....if you did....you would understand the concept of humility.

Doesn't mean I can not speculate about it based on your posts.

So when I go by what I see here, someone voting for a sexual predator with a history of shady business practices says nothing about humility, it speaks to intelligence and ethics.

Humility would be admitting you done f*cked up and quite possible contributied to things that will make the suture worse for your kids and their kids.

And that is one characteristic that you have never displayed either in this profile incarnation...or as Frank.

Aww, you mad?

Maybe you could start another profile and keep with the lack of concern for the fact you have a crazy person in the Whitehouse.

But do carry on....your unjustified arrogance is amusing. (And I mean that sincerely) ;)

I am sure you do, just like I find it assuming a mother thinks that her daughters should look up to a sexual predator.
 flman2015
Msg: 459
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:08:35 AM

Your baiting just won't work today!
Baiting, that's what garbage-in-chief supporters call facts. The masters of deceitful self-serving statements. Genuinely exceptional.

The elusive prom dress has yet to be found! I kid you not.
Unlike a shred of decency, the perfect prom dress will eventually be found.

We have searched high and low through many.....many stores...
That's the problem. They don't sell human decency in stores. Another thing money can't buy.

Moral of the story?
Turd-in-chief supporters can find prom dresses with more ease than they can acquire decency.

Love & Happiness go hand in hand.
You forgot mocking the disabled. Something dear to the hearts of turd-in-chief supporters.

You should try it, Mr. Flman. :)
Good advice. Maybe someday you'll follow it.

A mother teaching her daughter how to choose a dress ...
At least you don't try to teach her superfluous things, like respecting the disabled. A prom dress, that's obviously much more important.

.you would understand the concept of humility.....
.your unjustified arrogance is amusing. ...
A turd-in-chief supporter lecturing about humility and arrogance. The cherry of deceit on a "tremendous" cake of dishonesty.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 460
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:14:55 AM
kj521....reading the lolahole post to you...wow. just temember...this is a public board. Frank lolahole has shown over and over what a loser he is...and I mean that sincerely. His value as a person. His words...not worth a bucket of his own warm pizz.

As for GTO....he justed doesn't get it. don't take it to heart.
 lyinjovan
Msg: 461
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:26:17 AM
by public board I meant....think of the number of mentally ill out there...the totally fuked up. They all have access to this board. that we do not have more of the mentally ill posting than we already have is almost surprising. in the end, some of these fuked up people, by the laws of probability. ..will manage to find themselves here.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 462
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:34:58 AM
Carl Bernstein: FBI Has ‘Serious Belief’ of ‘Active Coverup’ to Hide Trump Campaign-Russia Connection
by Colby Hall | 8:59 am, April 22nd, 2017

If Carl Bernstein knows anything, he knows how anonymous sources can reveal how a high-level criminal cover-up can take an administration down. So when he stated that the FBI had a “serious belief” that there was an “active coverup” in the alleged coordination/collusion between the Trump campaign and a Russian effort to reveal the election last night on AC360, we take notice.

In a remarkably entertaining segment pegged to a CNN’s recent report, Bernstein dropped some knowledge about FBI suspicions. According the the Watergate legend, intelligence suggests that Russia tried to use advisers of Donald Trump to penetrate the presidential campaign.

Carter Page was named as one of these advisers, and the way he was referred to in the segment above, we hope that he was at a movie and not watching the panelists label him “an idiot” or even worse. Cooper wonder if he was a “useful idiot” who may have been unwittingly used as a compromised source of intelligence exchanged between Putin’s alleged efforts to interfere in the US Election and the Trump campaign.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/carl-bernstein-fbi-has-serious-belief-of-active-coverup-to-hide-trump-campaign-russia-connection/
 lyinjovan
Msg: 463
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:49:38 AM
flaman....I never pegged you as fuked up as lolahole or lying jovan.....

but let me ask you a question.....assuming you are a rationale individual....is it really hard to understand why some who detested the stays quo...would have supported trump as a sort of anti government vote. Does that mean those supporters support trumps deplorable personal characteristics also?
 Maleman999
Msg: 464
Posted: 4/23/2017 7:57:49 AM
It's still not clear what sort of election tampering Russian agents could do to affect the election. Was it just hacking into Hillary's emails and using anything they find in that to use against her, or is there some other way of tampering? I think hacking into Hillary's emails was probably something that Trump knew about or orchestrated, since he didn't seem to be concerned about the ability of a hacker to hack into government files-and was only concerned about what dirt they can dig up on Hillary-but what other dirty tactics were going on?
 deetristate
Msg: 465
Posted: 4/23/2017 8:00:16 AM
What is most amusing is that the Trump haters' descriptions of Trump and his supporters actually accurately describes what the Trump haters display on this board. They suffer from Transference and Projection.

One of them will prove my statement momentarily.
 John252817
Msg: 466
Posted: 4/23/2017 8:01:36 AM
So Kj typed in here a little about her life experiences with teenage kids, then we get schoolyard gto go all serious and "speaking very generally" to instruct Kj and others how to raise their children. And babble, the only thing I gather with their posting is a jealousy, which I am not sure where that comes from but when a person is insecure, they revert to childish and jealous words. Not sure why we get some in here who "think" they know people and how they just know they live in a fantasy world and don't teach their children correctly. Kj described what was going on, things that are very NORMAL in a childs life. But obviously because she doesn't support many in here on their politics, they will attack her personally along with attacking others personally. We already have a poster in here who comes on here and tells everyone how people should grieve, like each person should do as they would do or say. Nothing Kj described was so different with kids growing up. The key word is "growing up", their life experiences, it's all good. And what she just said above was one of the most important thing in life.......memories. Remembering times that we look back on no matter how important. The level of importance doesn't matter.

To the jealous posters, to the posters who "think" they are "teaching", I will let you in on a little thing about Kj. Sorry Kj, this is going to make you actually sound like a good person but here goes: Last October, my oldest son, his wife and their two children went to Disneyworld for 8 days. Had an awesome time but in the middle of it that Hurricane Matthew came around. Kj and I had emailed a few times about different things and when I told her that my family was down there during the storm, she told me that if they needed anything, to have them get in touch with her since she lived there. There was no hesitation at all, it was what one would know about a good person wanting to help if needed, regardless of even knowing me and my family. To me that was special. My family had to wait out the storm for a day or so, they stayed in the best hotel in Orlando and they were safe. But not knowing any of that, she offered her help if needed. A person like that definitely knows how to teach her children the correct way. So to the people who want to tell others how to look, how to act, grow up and be the adult you should be....YIKES!!!!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 467
Posted: 4/23/2017 8:09:58 AM
lotta talking about prom dresses lol. Not sure if bickering over who could have worn it better back in the day was positive body imaging but I'm surprised Ivanka doesn't have a prom dress line!
Here ppl donate their grad dresses so young women who don't have the means can still be fancy. No idea when finishing HS merited a dress costing 100s.
I think wearing a Sari would have been nice :)
Now back to the CSN&Y moment
 lyinjovan
Msg: 468
Posted: 4/23/2017 8:10:06 AM
well john...when you are lolahole...you know everything about everything. Goes with the personality. Babble just babbles....she picked the perfect name for herself.....and GT...I give some slack. He doesn't get it, nobody without children gets it...but he reads a lot so likes to think he does.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 472
Posted: 4/23/2017 11:01:34 AM

What is most amusing is that the Trump haters' descriptions of Trump and his supporters actually accurately describes what the Trump haters display on this board. They suffer from Transference and Projection.

One of them will prove my statement momentarily.

Clearly, Dee, says the poster who is NOT the person you spoke to last year.

LMFAO
 LOLTrump
Msg: 473
Posted: 4/23/2017 11:53:16 AM

Remembering times that we look back on no matter how important. The level of importance doesn't matter.

Person A: Do you remember when the president signed those executive orders that helped corporations destroy the environment while he spent all that time golfing on the tax payers dime?

John: Stop focusing the how important the environment is and just remember would ya.
 gtomustang
Msg: 474
Posted: 4/23/2017 1:19:03 PM
I grew up during the age of the Yuppie, going to a rich kid's Catholic school. Parents bought my peers every toy b/c the parents grew up with nothing, and thus got a work ethic in response. My peers had their sports cars sitting in the driveways at age 15, as an "incentive" to get their license (like anyone needs that). Naturally, my peers crashed their VW GTIs and turbo Celicas b/c...well, they didn't pay for the car, so why not show off? And Mummy and Daddy would buy them another fast car, so that they could keep up with the Joneses (not surprisingly, the two kids who spent their money and their time rebuilding 396 SS Camaros didn't crash their cars...b/c of course that would have been THEIR money down the drain). The former kids tended to grow up spoiled snots, but then, their daddy owned a corporation they were going to take over some day, so, really, why work so hard to learn? they became the idle "rich" instead, bored and looking for something to do.

"teaching" them otherwise would be like teaching a fish how to fly. Why does the fish need to learn that, when would that come in handy? So I don't bother. But I have posted in the past, Trumpets don't really spot the red flags in their gold plated worshipper of all things material, b/c they tend to wave the same red flags themselves. Chumps' ability to flipflop doesn't raise an eyebrow with posters who flipflop constantly on their posts in order to keep their dreams alive. The President's willingness to BS sails right by those who love to exaggerate. Racism? doesn't look like a problem to racists at all, its as homespun as cornbread (or maybe white bread). and so on. If a person cannot see the bad habit in a person, b/c they share that bad habit...is it their fault? Can we be so close to a behavior or a belief that we can't see it doesn't work for everyone else? Is being wealthy a bad habit?

so, yes, I do point out when I see a fish that thinks flying is stupid only b/c it can't find the need. What works for the fish, may not work for the rest of God's creatures. And the rest of God's creatures may nod sagely at the observation. And the fishes will feel smug in their appreciation that some animal thinks soaring thru the sky is somehow a good thing. The rest of God's creatures will think, "hmm, must be limiting to only swim in the sea and to make that the only world" and go on to enjoy the worlds they have.

we all exist in the world we grew up in, which is likely why we made it the way we did. I was a country kid in a city school, a "poor" kid in a rich kid school. B/c of my background, I viewed the world differently than they did. They solved problems with daddy's money, I solved my problems with the tools I had. was my solution better than their's? didn't matter, as long as it was the solution that worked. I've gone on to live my life, they've gone on to live their's. Their world is different from mine, and that's fine. I like the world I've created, and i'd think they enjoy the opportunities they get in their's. I can only hope they are no longer the bored, spoiled kids they used to be....tho when I bump into them at reunions or see FB posts, I do wonder :)
 lyinjovan
Msg: 475
Posted: 4/23/2017 1:36:05 PM

I grew up during the age of the Yuppie. Parents bought my peers everything b/c the parents grew up with nothing, and thus got a work ethic. My peers had their sports cars sitting in the driveways at age 15, as an "incentive" to get their license (like anyone needs that). Naturally, my peers crashed their VW GTIs and turbo Celicas b/c...well, they didn't pay for the car, so why not show off? And Mummy and Daddy would buy them another fast car, so that they could keep up with the Joneses (not surprisingly, the two kids who spent their money and their time rebuilding 396 SS Camaros didn't crash their cars...b/c of course that would have been their money down the drain). The former kids tended to grow up spoiled snots, but then, their daddy owned a corporation they were going to take over some day, so, really, why work so hard to learn? they became the idle "rich" instead, bored and looking for something to do.

You know, this really is total BS. I grew up in a very affluent area....parents were lawyers, doctors, business owners... Ceos. And the kids were as spoiled as you indicated... but you know what...I went to my 40th HS reuninion....and the success of the people from my class is overwhelming. I always considered myself successful but my success pales in comparison to many of my classmates. Several mega millionaire CEO's, both public and private corps....Guys who started their own very successful businesses, innumerable numbers of lawyers and doctors...and I mean top lawyers and top doctors... the very best of the best. even had (in a few years before I graduated) a graduate who became a Superstar Athlete and one who became a hugely successful politician (think higher than Congress)

Many of these kids were fortunate to have parents who could afford to send them to the Ivy League... and they were wildly successful... and now their kids have graduated from the ivy league... and the circle goes on.

So I don't buy your story in the least. Are there scofflaws? Of course. But being coddled as a kid does not make you a do nothing person. It may be the stimulus so you want to change the world.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because