Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 26
(Children Keep Changing the Title)The biggest threat ever is from Russia because Page 2 of 64    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
"""""So it seems some have managed to argue their opinion through cherry picking what they feel is easy for them to appear to have something to say.""""

Ah, Justin. That is the method of leftists here. (Oh, and the copying of what you said followed by the schoolyard
"I now you are but what am I."

--------------------------------------------
Sorry Igor. No matter how much you switch up the words and add your own, you are wrong.

Not debating with someone else about what he wants what I wrote to mean.

This is the end of that particular issue with you for me.

-------------------

"Oh, snap"""

It was kind of epicene,

LOL!
 2ufo2
Msg: 27
(Children Keep Changing the Title)The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 2/19/2017 10:00:33 AM
Dee...
A conversation consists of two parts.
(1) What you are saying (or what you THINK you are saying) and
(2) What the other person/s understands (or THINK they understand).

Sorry Igor. No matter how much you switch up the words and add your own, you are wrong.
Not debating with someone else about what he wants what I wrote to mean.

Very often, I find that what you 'say' makes absolutely no sense.
Less often, it makes sense when taken alone but no sense in the context of the thread conversation.
Occasionally, you make sense both within your post AND within the context of the debate (and then I can agree or disagree with you on that).
 razors_edge55
Msg: 28
view profile
History
(Children Keep Changing the Title)The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 2/19/2017 10:46:27 AM
CRAP ,,,I thought it was just me that felt that way ,,thanks 2ufo2
 Walts
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/19/2017 11:31:32 AM

Dee...
A conversation consists of two parts.
(1) What you are saying (or what you THINK you are saying) and
(2) What the other person/s understands (or THINK they understand).

Not only Dipsy's problem but it seems to be Mr.Trump's problem too. How many times have we had to listen to the back tracking by Trump, or his puppets Spencer and/or Conway after an original statement/comment from Trump???????

It's like you need an interpreter for the interpreters.

We have yet heard a complete sentence/explanation, here or there, on what "draining the swamp" means.

Times to bring in the aliens I think to help em out.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/19/2017 12:13:32 PM
Except Justin is right...the Russians are no threat to the US. Our military dwarfs the Russians, but we depend on our enemies to support our war economy and the so many dependent on it for their jobs and riches, including the intelligence agencies.
 deetristate
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/19/2017 12:14:15 PM
(I am flattered, but think of the others. When you constantly make me the topic of discussion, others feel neglected. . Geeze. LOL!)

You are correct:

If you pretend that I wrote something that I didn't or make up something or change and leave out words and swear that I wrote that or after I tell you what it meant you still insist that it means what YOU want it to mean, you are having a conversation with yourself.

What the above posts actually represent is more nonsense from men ( actually a couple of them are the same man) with no self-esteem and burning from rejection.
Also, that is what they do when they have no valid response to the topic of discussion.

(Maybe they are just that dense. Maybe I have to accept that. This isn't the cream of the crop.
No. no. no. I refuse to believe that. They just are threatened and angry and refusing to face reality and admit their loss.)

I am done with you (three. ahem) on this subject. But feel free to continue talking about me and not the subject if you can't help yourselves.
I am fascinating.
----------------------

On topic, even on a couple of the talking head shows today some admitted that a lot of the "IT'S RUSSIA, IT'S RUSSIA" talk is nonsense but NOW they have changed the tactic to say , "Well, Trump should stop talking about the media talking about it."

Gotta give leftists kudos for the ability to pivot when they have nothing valid or refuse to admit that they were wrong.
Posted: 2/20/2017 4:05:56 PM
If Russia just flat disappeared overnight somehow, I don't think that NATO or any other such entity, let alone the U.S. military, is in any danger of not being needed.

Also...though we indeed might still need to keep an eye on Russia, I do think that we're so used to them being some kind of enemy that it's a foreign and hard to digest concept for some that we try and make friendly with them.
 gingerosity
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2017 5:24:41 AM

Also...though we indeed might still need to keep an eye on Russia, I do think that we're so used to them being some kind of enemy that it's a foreign and hard to digest concept for some that we try and make friendly with them.

All foreign concepts should be banned. Or at least taxed at the border.

I was 7 when the Berlin wall came down. People my age and younger (roughly half of the population) don't really care about Russia for historical reasons, only for current reasons. Yes, it's in the culture, but we didn't live it and don't feel it. It is definitely a generational thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w
Posted: 2/21/2017 10:27:30 AM
Reagan...tear down that wall. Trump...build that wall. Trump...build that bridge. Yea, a gut buster. So so funny.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 35
view profile
History
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOAtz8xWM0w
Posted: 2/21/2017 10:34:39 AM

Reagan...tear down that wall. Trump...build that wall. Trump...build that bridge. Yea, a gut buster. So so funny.

You see this all the time with real estate.

One family moves in, they build new wall to get more rooms, they move out the next family wants to tear down the same wall to get bigger rooms.

It happens all the time.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2017 10:41:35 AM

Except Justin is right...the Russians are no threat to the US. Our military dwarfs the Russians, but we depend on our enemies to support our war economy and the so many dependent on it for their jobs and riches, including the intelligence agencies.

Doesn't this apply to every country in the world?

They aren't a serious threat because we work to keep them in their place, though they did expand to take over part of the Ukraine.
 Tomfiend
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/21/2017 11:08:08 AM
Yes, it does apply to everybody else, which is why our very bloated defense budget should be halved. Over 450 billion for a few new Jet fighters.???? Our country has been raped by the military industrial complex long enough.....time to undo it. I would rather our money go to the arts and science rather than our greedy **stard defense industries, which of course have Congress in their pockets.

This is the bottom line.....the US is run by the War Party...both dems and repubs...because that's where the money is. That's why we went to war in Vietnam, why we went to every other war, including Iraq.

Only Israel has fought its own battles. Everybody else we have to send our own troops. We have twenty trillion in debt and under Trump it will go up to thirty trillion...and for what. Why are we constantly spending more money on our military....except for the war party always finding reasons to go to war?
 gtomustang
Msg: 38
out of the mouths of babes
Posted: 2/21/2017 3:25:39 PM
the military industrial complex, like health insurance, has made sure to employ many people. I too would love to see it get replaced (the old bumpersticker, what if schools got all the money and the Pentagon had bake sales? comes to mind) by arts and science. DARPA has brought us interesting things like the Internet and GPS and Tang. But countries that don't spend their money on defense, have it to spend on medical science and alternate energy technology. It would be nice to explore space, not seed it with SDI satellites. Of course, if the hoi polloi was more educated in arts, it would be less malleable by the flag waver neo cons taking us to war. And we'd pay more market price for our gasoline, if we weren't using other technologies like localized solar power and cars running off that electrical power b/c we don't commute to work, we dial in.

why do we have NATO die for us in far away places while we pay for bases abroad? O I L, baby. If we aren't using it, we want to make sure the Chinese aren't either to beat us economically, or the Iranians aren't profiting off it by beating the Saudis in proxy wars in Iraq or Yemen.
 deetristate
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:33:21 AM
If they don't have military spending, how will they fight the enemy that leftists are all worried about, RUSSIA

( It's the RUSSIANS, THE RUSSIANS, THE RUSSIANS).

Much of military spending can be cut ( like for planes that will never be and never work and $2000 sinks) but I am wondering about some being so frightened of Russia but yet wanting cuts in military spending.
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/22/2017 5:49:43 AM
If Republicans don't have military pork projects to bring home the votes, they can still fight one of the enemies of America by upgrading computer systems to be less hackable by the North Koreans, the Chinese, and the Russians. Most of the assaults on America lately has been via cyberattacks. Like Stuxnet, these are the invasions of the present time. Instead of bombing infrastructure or putting boots on soil, we're all shutting down computer infrastructure. We could also divert more of that 50% military budget to helping the vets rather than creating new ones. Look at what the GI Bill did after 1945, compared to how vets were treated up to WW1

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-the-gi-bill-changed-america/

tho, I will say, combining home loans with a deregulated industry might lead to another Republican housing bubble recession. but if we support our homeowners with a trickle up bailout, then local governments get property taxes, industries have to make more durable goods to fill those houses, and "Too big to fail" gets bailed out too. Hopefully Chump's Goldman Sachs puppet masters will agree and pull Chump's strings in that direction.
 JustinElle
Msg: 41
The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 3/11/2017 5:43:05 AM
I initially asked

WHO GAINS FROM THE RUSSIAN THREAT

So what is the biggest threat from Russia? Answer Peace!

Are they the most powerful nation on earth, electing people in various countries, turning the citizens against their own government.

Well in the minds of some influential people maybe, hence the NAZI practivce of repeating lie till it becomes an established truth in the target population

Did they make BREXIT happen? NO

Did They Elect Trump? AS if

Are they hacking all government computers? Well the NSA, CIA, GCHQ and the other gangsta out of control world unto itself organisation do a good job, having hacked into the last French elections, the various leaders of the western democratic world, so are the real experts employing hundreds of thousands of hackers, and staff directly and through privately owned security corporations. Its on an unprecedented scale which continuous increases in funding that to date have saved the world from what? Employing death squads in Syria, Ukraine, Africa, the usual persuasive way toward freedom and democracy.

Are they reprogramming the nuclear deterrent?

Well why not, launching other people's missiles should be a consideration as it would lead to war thus more defense and security contracts. Yes please!

Are the planning to launch the Nukes on the nations that have them? Better to do what they managed in Iran, to turn the state computers against themselves thus wrecking whatever they wish, wherever they wish and no fingerprints detected, the perfect of crimes, as its an act of war.

Did The Russian hackers cause the crash in 2008?

Obviously they did, it was Russain greed that forced the banks to print money and sell mortgages to the undeserving so a to rob them, its what Commies do, as they wrecked the banks, in a devious plot.

Are the Russians affecting global weather? We know they are, it was them that caused it, with the tundras being purposely warmed up allowing all that methane to escape, they are a danger to humanity.

Are we all slowly becoming Russian? Niet!

So does this matter? Yes the Russians are invading us all the time, stealing our knowledge, manipulating the population through their insidious media outlets, electing presidents manipulating Wall Street, as they are hell bent on total global control.

Except for one little crack in the official truth messages.

WikiLeaks and the CIA agency’s hacking and spying secrets.

The WikiLeaks documents question the official US intelligence stance over Russia’s alleged efforts to influence the November election.

The CIA has from the evidence presented so far, routinely used techniques that enable the spy agency’s hackers to stage false-flag operations in cyberspace and leave behind “fingerprints” of hackers from Russia. A deliberate construct, to mislead the public? .....as the CIA has the ability to impersonate cyber-attack techniques used by hackers in Russia and other countries. Or to put it another way, the hacking technique enables the CIA to fake digital forensic fingerprints to make the Russians look guilty of infiltrating the Democratic organizations such as the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

So who is inventing fake news, to fool the public?
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:24:43 AM
How is Trump's counter-attack and smoke screen "Obama wiretapped the phones in Trump Tower" working out for him, to distract from the Russia connection allegations?

During his campaign, Trump said when he becomes president, he will get the best prosecutor around to go after Hillary and have her tossed in jail, which led to the infamous "Lock her up" rallies. Why isn't Trump using the same tactics and rally cry against Obama, if he thinks Obama broke the law by authorizing illegal wiretaps of Trump Tower?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:47:34 AM

^ it figures that the OP would say something as inane as this....hoping that there are idiots who believe it^

To expect peace from Putin is like expecting to get wine from a bottle of water!

Right now, Russia is waging an all out Cyberwar in Ukraine...disrupting power grids (1/2 the power went out in Kiev); disrupting transportation registers, gov't archives, etc.

They are not doing this just to be spitefull..........they are using Ukraine as their "dry run" or experimental lab for their treacherous deeds that they plan to refine and hone down. ...kinda like pre-season training!

We are in danger of being compromised to a great degree, as Putin may already have the means to hack into N American electrical grids, Nuclear plants (and cause a meltdown)...if not more!

What is worse is that Putin now has compromised Trump (who will not say anything negative about Russia or Putin..no matter how much evidence to him has been presented by US agencies); and has instead fearfully praised Putin and "accused" Obama...despite not having any proof.

If this does not suggest that Trump is compromised by Russia....then nothing is!
 Maleman999
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/12/2017 10:15:34 AM

We are in danger of being compromised to a great degree, as Putin may already have the means to hack into N American electrical grids, Nuclear plants (and cause a meltdown)...if not more!

Wouldn't the U.S. and at least half a dozen other nations have the same hacking capabilities as the Russians, and cause the same destruction on foreign nations? There is no Hacking Olympics, where the best hackers in the world compete, and the Russians are Olympic Champs. Anything the Russians can do, other nations are capable of doing as well. What's just as scary is hackers know how to make themselves untraceable and make it look like someone else in a different country did the hacking, so that nobody is sure who is responsible.

So a hacking whiz kid sitting in their parent's basement can cause nations to go to war by hacking into military and power systems of different nations, messing up their systems, and make it look like another country is responsible.
 _babblefish
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/12/2017 10:36:46 AM

I initially asked

WHO GAINS FROM THE RUSSIAN THREAT

since election day not the 8 suddenly deadz Russian diplomats
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/12/2017 1:42:02 PM
@ MM

Wouldn't the U.S. and at least half a dozen other nations have the same hacking capabilities as the Russians, and cause the same destruction on foreign nations?

We certainly have hacking capabilities....but there may be things they can hack better than we can, and vice versa...the point is that in this kinda warefare, we have no way of knowing...until it happens.

If you see what is being done in the Ukrainian battlefield, it can certainly give a good idea of what the Russians can do and how dangerous they are...they can basically with their voting mechanisms and even cripple a whole country down to cause an economic collapse.
 daynadaze
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:33:24 PM
I would think the point would be that the Russians were let in, and by the highest place in our government.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/12/2017 6:02:03 PM
the Russians are peaceful! Black is now white! up is down!

Apparently the biggest threat is the GOP health plan to replace Obama's masterpiece:

"House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) said Sunday that he doesn’t know how many Americans would lose coverage under his proposal to revise the Affordable Care Act, which is under fire from fellow Republicans, AARP and virtually every sector of the U.S. health care industry. “I can’t answer that question,” Ryan said in an appearance on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/trump-says-none-but-paul-ryan-says-he-doesnt-know-how-many-would-lose-coverage-under-obamacare-repeal/2017/03/12/be643bfc-0750-11e7-93dc-00f9bdd74ed1_story.html?utm_term=.91e47d19f4ff

why can't he answer that question? because he has to wind you up for the classic Republican answer--its always the victims' fault!

“It’s up to people,” he said. “Here’s the premise of your question. Are you going to stop mandating people buy health insurance? People are going to do what they want to do with their lives because we believe in individual freedom in this country.”

you can't get insurance coverage b/c....'murica! You can't be covered b/c America is so great! Be glad you can't be covered! Whoo hoo!
 tomfiend
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/12/2017 8:49:55 PM

^ it figures that the OP would say something as inane as this....hoping that there are idiots who believe it^

Actually, to any thinking man and not a dim-wit..op is right. RUssia is no threat to the US. We don't need and can't afford another cold war much better to be friends.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:36:51 PM

RUssia is no threat to the US.

Like a moronic Trumpanzee that you are...totally bereft and oblivious that there is a cyberwar in progress whose outcome will determine socio-economic superiority to the leader(s)for decades to come. You think they are spending all this time, effort & resources just for sport, fool?

We don't need and can't afford another cold war much better to be friends.

Tell that to your Russian puppet in DC...so he can keep kissing Putin's ass!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because