Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeckyHT
Msg: 101
view profile
History
War machinesPage 5 of 64    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I’ve read 4 pages in this thread this morning. All sides.

The one I will agree with here, is tomfield on his statement “This is the bottom line.....the US is run by the War Party...both dems and repubs...because that's where the money is. That's why we went to war in Vietnam, why we went to every other war, including Iraq.” “We have twenty trillion in debt and under Trump it will go up to thirty trillion...and for what. Why are we constantly spending more money on our military....except for the war party always finding reasons to go to war?”

This is the sad truth. I’m not able to predict the future… but our history tells me there will be new reasons… more reasons… to be involved in wars in our not so far future. It might even be some perceived threat from off this planet. Maleman, you talked about “bad people from all over the world”, but some day soon it could be non earth-resident visitors. Already the ‘conspiracy’ talk about aliens paints ‘them’ as being unfriendly. I haven’t seen one alien address the UN or meet any Heads of State, but the propaganda machines are already painting them as bad dudes.

Why does our military budget have to be as much as the combined total of the next seven (7) largest countries?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 102
The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 3/15/2017 1:23:03 PM
Another "hack" job from Russia (and Russian spies) has been uncovered today.
This time Yahoo was victimized and the accounts of 500 million users world-wide have been compromised.

But our Trumpanzee "friends" here say that Russia and the US can be friends...LOL!
 gtomustang
Msg: 103
War machines
Posted: 3/15/2017 1:25:13 PM
Why does our military budget have to be as much as the combined total of the next seven (7) largest countries?

1) so many people get paid with it. From retired generals hired to shill, to the senators rewarded with bringing home the pork military contracts b/c contractors spread their factories to many states, all the way to the workers who labor and the communities they spend their paycheck in. Its like an army base, all the bars and stores and et cetera surrounding it like plants around an oasis.

2)the money going in, is endless. invent a weapon, sell it to the military, then sell it to allies to bind them to the US

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-looks-to-resume-arms-sale-to-saudi-arabia/

and then sell upgraded weapons to the Pentagon, b/c allies now can match us. Develop a technology like GPS, then sell it in a civilian version. And that's not counting the fact that the more the GOP scares its voters, the more they want military spending above all else.

3) what are the other countries spending their money on? Infrastructure. we think the government is the solution to war and to nothing else. the other nations think government is the solution to infrastructure. So they beat us in infrastructure like public transport and media and we beat them in war.
 tomfiend
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/15/2017 1:46:06 PM

Another "hack" job from Russia (and Russian spies) has been uncovered today.
This time Yahoo was victimized and the accounts of 500 million users world-wide have been compromised.

But our Trumpanzee "friends" here say that Russia and the US can be friends...LOL!

Instead we should blow each other up and the world with it.....
calling you a maroon is offensive to maroons everywhere.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 105
view profile
History
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:49:22 AM

1) so many people get paid with it. From retired generals hired to shill, to the senators rewarded with bringing home the pork military contracts b/c contractors spread their factories to many states, all the way to the workers who labor and the communities they spend their paycheck in. Its like an army base, all the bars and stores and et cetera surrounding it like plants around an oasis.

2)the money going in, is endless. invent a weapon, sell it to the military, then sell it to allies to bind them to the US

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-looks-to-resume-arms-sale-to-saudi-arabia/

and then sell upgraded weapons to the Pentagon, b/c allies now can match us. Develop a technology like GPS, then sell it in a civilian version. And that's not counting the fact that the more the GOP scares its voters, the more they want military spending above all else.

3) what are the other countries spending their money on? Infrastructure. we think the government is the solution to war and to nothing else. the other nations think government is the solution to infrastructure. So they beat us in infrastructure like public transport and media and we beat them in war.

I was indoctrinated into the idea from youth, that America was the greatest country on earth. Then I've seen Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq... and I look at the huge debt our Nation's citizens have incurred due to military conflicts... and I ask myself, are we really all that great? None of these 5 wars were due to them attacking our country. None.

The internet has allowed me to see what's going on elsewhere as opposed to being spoon fed what the government wants to tell us. At least now, with Trump, you know outright that he's lying most of the time.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 106
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:56:22 AM

I was indoctrinated into the idea from youth, that America was the greatest country on earth. Then I've seen Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq... and I look at the huge debt our Nation's citizens have incurred due to military conflicts... and I ask myself, are we really all that great? None of these 5 wars were due to them attacking our country. None.

The internet has allowed me to see what's going on elsewhere as opposed to being spoon fed what the government wants to tell us. At least now, with Trump, you know outright that he's lying most of the time.

Becky, I invite you to read a book written by Stephen Kinzer, (Overthrow: America's Century of Regime Change from Hawaii to Iraq) it is an excellent read.

Starting with the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy in 1893 and continuing through the Spanish-American War and the Cold War and into our own time, the United States has not hesitated to overthrow governments that stood in the way of its political and economic goals. The invasion of Iraq in 2003 is the latest, though perhaps not the last, example of the dangers inherent in these operations.
 gtomustang
Msg: 107
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 10:34:05 AM
or Greg Palast's book, "Armed Madhouse". Or go back in time to a classic by Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler, who a bunch of rich guys tried to hire to overthrow the American government, until he did his patriotic duty and turned them in.

https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html
 forumslady
Msg: 108
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 1:54:45 PM
beckyht- My family, particularly on my father's side, has had a LOT of men go to war and not come back, or come back changed forever.
IMO, the ONLY war's we should have fought were World War 1 and 2. Every other war has been questionable, as far as our motivations to go to war. (The REAL reasons, NOT the reasons they gave)
I refuse to blame the people who enlist with good intentions. They buy what the government tells them. The number of homeless veteran's, mentally ill veteran's, is PROOF just how much the government cares, once they come home. It's a national disgrace.
As far as Trump and how much he says he plan's to spend on defense, look at what he plans to CUT...........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/16/trump-budget-seeks-defense-spending-boost-major-cuts-in-other-agencies.html

That's right, the source is FOX news! :o Let's see the Trumpets dispute THIS. Their favorite news source (AHEM!) is saying the SAME thing other news agency's are saying about the cuts Trump HIMSELF has said he wants to make.

I bet you a MILLION dollars, they won't say THIS is fake news, simply because the source is Fox News. ;)
 LOLTrump
Msg: 109
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:05:20 PM

As far as Trump and how much he says he plan's to spend on defense, look at what he plans to CUT...........

-31% Environmental Protection Agency

-29% State Department

-21% Agriculture Department

-21% Labor Department

-18% Department of Health and Human Services

-16% Commerce Department

-14% Education Department

-13% Department of Housing and Urban Development

-13% Transportation Department

-12% Interior Department

-6% Energy Department

-5% Small Business Administration

-4% Treasury Department

-4% Justice Department

-1% NASA
 forumslady
Msg: 110
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:18:29 PM
LOLTrump- Thank you for this. ^^^^ That breaks things down quite clearly, doesn't it?

Who needs clean water, a clean/healthy environment?
Education smeducation, an educated population is a GREAT danger to people like Trump. I mean, it's not like he put someone in charge of education that had absolutely NO experience in education! She did, however, contribute millions to his campaign. But, I'm fully convinced that had nothing to do with why she got the job. :D
Why not cut jobs in the labor department? Trump is just soooo worried about jobs, the best jobs. ;)
Safe, affordable housing? Affordable, financially feasible health care? Meh, let them eat cake.

I go back and forth between sad and mad.

I know how we got here, but that doesn't make it any easier to stomach. :(
 Maleman999
Msg: 111
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:27:44 PM
When all of the cuts are done, will there be enough money to pay for the wall too? Trump and the Trumpets care more about the wall than cuts made to essential services and other programs, or Russian hacking. Let the Russians hack away, as long as Mexican peasants are stopped from entering the U.S.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 112
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:33:56 PM

Let's see the Trumpets dispute THIS.

they won't ever question of dispute their orange emperor...they will just find ways to rationalize it all.
In other words, they'll say: " well, if this or that is being cut...then it doesn't need to be there to begin with"
Have you ever seen any of these Trumpanzees question anything that Trump want or wishes to do?
 tomfiend
Msg: 113
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:41:04 PM
His budget plan is despicable yes.... but:

1) As we all know it is a starting point from which he intends to negotiate.

2) Regardless... his Budget plan is already dead on arrival. As I previously said... no wall, no health care plan, no one-trillion infrastructure program.... no tax cuts. None of that is going to happen.

This is what is going to happen:

bickering and intransigence. Now that the debt ceiling deadline is here.... there will be manipulations and transfers from the trust accounts... etc...to fund government expenditures, and as we get closer and closer to the government running out of money, likely by early May, there will be more and more negotiating....BUT....and here is the point....

They are not going to reach a deal to raise the debt ceiling. There is too much ill will to do so. All but essential government services are going to come to a halt. The Stock Market is going to go into Free Fall...the next great recession is then going to take hold.

They will finally reach a deal..... but its going to be based on saving the republic....and tax cuts are not going to be part of the bargain, nor will the military get a 10% increase. It will be lucky to keep the money it has.

Stay tuned.
 tomfiend
Msg: 114
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 2:48:48 PM
And by the way, if anybody was paying attention, Obama handed off a cash cushion of 400 billion plus to Trump... to deal with the coming debt ceiling fight.

Rather than borrow money after his inauguration, the Trump Admin burned through most of that cash. . . that money went directly into the economy (instead of money being drained from the dealers who would have bought treasury bills, etc. as the government borrowed more), so that cash cushion is no longer there to help us get through the debt ceiling crises.

It is that cash cushion that fueled the Trump Stock Market rally. Now that the cash stimulus has dried up, and when it is apparent to the Street there will be no Trump stimulus to the economy.....the market will falling like a hot knife through butter.

Stay tuned folks. It is going to be an interesting ride coming up.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 115
view profile
History
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 3:31:04 PM
And like the last 2008 recession we had... the global market will become unsteady as well.

The problem is, the man at the top thinks a Nation runs the same as his real estate businesses. And due to his age, he's lost enough brain cells that he simply won't understand.

He can't remember what he said even a month ago. Sometimes not even a week ago.

These roller coaster rides are no fun at all.

Will Congress be able to right a sinking ship when it begins to sink? One where one half is at civil war with the other half?
 tomfiend
Msg: 116
War machines
Posted: 3/16/2017 3:39:25 PM

Will Congress be able to right a sinking ship? One where one half is at civil war with the other half?

Highly unlikely this Congress will be able to do anything until the crises is upon us. We will be worse off than in 2008 because at that time the Fed had something to work with, QE3 and QE4, which pumped lots of money into the system, and saved the banks. It may not have the guns this time given it can't perpetually print money the way its been doing and interest rates are still close to zero.

We'll just have to wait until this plays out....but I'm giving the opinions I am because I see little possibility this Congress can work out a budget deal because it is going to be contingent on raising the debt ceiling...so there is going to be a lot of intransigence ...especially by the tea party people. We'll see. But if you are heavily invested in the market, you may want to lighten up until this storm blows over... the typhoon is just beginning.
 JustinElle
Msg: 117
War machines
Posted: 3/17/2017 4:21:07 AM
The cuts, the revisions and the increase in security and defense spending is a demonstration how the deep state now has Trump by his testicles. Flynn was the last incarnation started in earnest by Kennedy who said he would shred the CIA.

Flynn was going to cut down the deep state, and they fought back, and won. How it was presented was farce, but it proved the point, who actually runs things, and we all know that Obama was in effect its prisoner. Syria, Libya, Yemen, Ukraine, and other expansions in Africa and South America. The control of the assassination drones all under the umbrella of the ever increasing and out of control power of the state within the US state. The power behind the throne so to speak.

Meanwhile the corn fed populations are bombarded with military this or that, security this or that, the enemy within, the Reds under the beds, the deceptions, the lies all required for funding the deep state, who employ millions, through privately run security cleared corporations.

Destabilization equals increased profits, and with no overall oversight these organizations have been allowed to expand into every individuals life who uses any telecommunication medium. As for information on company research, people against foul water, or oil spills, they can be targeted effectively while the profits continue to roll.

With Russia messing up the successful terrorist threat by interfering and killing these US trained, financed and militarized force, caused a problem for the war industry. So after the Libyan fiasco where the most prosperous, richest and most modern country was magically reinvented into chaos, which the weapon supplied by the container load spreading throughout Africa, causing further chaos, Putin refused the blueprint to be expanded to Syria and refused the bombing request by the USA.

This pissed of the Neo Cons who hated the USSR and Communism, all still alive apparently in RUSSIA under Putin. So we got the Russian threat, which was really a threat to profits, but vilifying Russia who spends a paltry amount on defense, less than Saudi Arabia or the UK, this threat which is now everywhere including under your beds, allowed the profits to boom again. Without a credible threat its a threat to the security and military spending.

Meanwhile while the war machine cranks up profits the country falls apart, socially and economically, but not in the world of the mass media, where sensationalism thorough emotional packaging, overrides fact or evidence, diverting attention from the poor, homeless, those defrauded by the banking scams, those being swindled through medicare, to important matters of blaming Russia for everything.

In the USSR no one believed a thing the government ever said, as for the 5 year plans, or the increase in industrial agricultural productivity, as the shops were bare, and people were mainly just surviving. But these day everyone is fed by the mainstream media nonsense that are believed to be true. The deep State has done the most brilliant of jobs on its resident population, proving the USSR were incompetent when it came to brainwashing a population.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 118
ISIS IS THE BIGGEST THREAT
Posted: 3/17/2017 4:32:57 AM
According to a November 2014 study from the Doha-based Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies, 13 percent of Syrians  have a “positive to some extent” view of ISIS.

The study shows that, in general, the majority of Arabs all over the Middle East have a negative view of ISIS. While 85 percent view ISIS negatively, 11 PERCENT VIEW THEM FAVORABLY.

as Abraham Lincoln noted our biggest threat is from WITHIN the United States and the un-American traitors who reside here and their dupes who want open borders.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/22/poll-18-percent-of-syrian-refugees-have-at-least-somewhat-positive-view-of-isis/#ixzz4ba7fN6f8
 LOLTrump
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/17/2017 8:10:39 AM

as Abraham Lincoln noted our biggest threat is from WITHIN the United States and the un-American traitors who reside here and their dupes who want open borders.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

Also, according to the real world, right-wing terrorists twice as likely to kill Americans than Muslim jihadists.

https://www.rt.com/usa/269506-american-terroist-attacks-study/
 Maleman999
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/17/2017 8:18:29 AM
If someone goes to the inner city of any large city, among the "projects" where the gangs and druggies hang out, do people there think ISIS is the biggest threat?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/17/2017 8:56:56 AM

Also, according to the real world, right-wing terrorists twice as likely to kill Americans than Muslim jihadists.

Right wing Islamophobes love to spread fear, they don't care about facts.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:07:14 AM
I want to thank the Unamerican traitor and Canadian turd burglars for being liars in this forum.

the report the other idiot cited was old. who knows if any of it is true.
it's source was from an unknown publication-New American???? huh?
it said 49 people were killed in jihadi attacks.

49 people alone were killed at the Pulse nightclub. over 50 maimed.
you ass pirates are just like the other snowflakes who want to bring our country down.

people who don't want extreme vetting, close examination of muslims in America or want open borders are seditious traitors to American life, safety and prosperity.

America will be destroyed from within not only by the brainless idiots above but by those low lifes that think like them.

thank God the United States has a chance now. let's pray for America.

by the way you may be interested in knowing I appeared live on Fox And Friends with Abby Huntsman. she a very sweet person and smart as well.

I was interviewed and filmed by the BBC at the St. Petersburg Hilton where the RNC gathered on election night in regards to the similarity of Brexit and the fantastic Republican victory and Democratic loss.

I won't mention that Bill O'Reilly read my email on The O'Reilly Factor last year because I don't want to brag.

you all know how modest I am.

vvvvvvv to the low IQ buffoon below:
you're a knee slapping joke pal. there over 350 million Americans in this country. I guess being killed by another American WOULD be better odds than a foreigner!! DUH

the only thing I could learn from a feather brain like you is how to take illegal drugs in mass quantities and I have no interest in that. vvvvvvv

I guess non of you Styrofoam minds lock your doors at night. damn snowflakes!

tomfiend
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:19:15 AM
^^^^^ Nobody is against Vetting and vetting is taking place, delaying entry into the country by years. Isn't that good enough?

It is absolutely factual that the risk of being killed by another American is far, far, far greater than being killed by a foreign terrorist.

You have some learning to do Tom....Very sad.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:47:31 AM

...the report the other idiot cited was old. who knows if any of it is true.

Great point, as anyone who would post garbage like: According to a November 2014 study from the Doha-based Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies, 13 percent of Syrians have a “positive to some extent” view of ISIS. clearly is a loon.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/17/2017 10:18:04 AM

Msg: 122
I want to thank the Unamerican traitor and Canadian turd burglars for being liars in this forum.
I guess non of you Styrofoam minds lock your doors at night. damn snowflakes!
the only thing I could learn from a feather brain like you is how to take illegal drugs in mass quantities and I have no interest in that.
by the way you may be interested in knowing I appeared live on Fox And Friends with Abby Huntsman. she a very sweet person and smart as well.

I was interviewed and filmed by the BBC at the St. Petersburg Hilton where the RNC gathered on election night in regards to the similarity of Brexit and the fantastic Republican victory and Democratic loss.

I won't mention that Bill O'Reilly read my email on The O'Reilly Factor last year because I don't want to brag.

TomdaBomb.......ad hominem are not facts, and dishing out insults is not a sign of intelligence. Are you aware that constant bragging is a hidden sign of insecurity?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because