Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 1226
view profile
History
The biggest threat ever is from Russia becausePage 50 of 64    (24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64)
I’ve been one of those rare anti-Trump people saying the Trump-Russian collusion thing (but not the obstruction of justice thing) was largely a big “nothing burger” because there had been absolutely no proof released (leaked or otherwise) that Trump’s campaign attempted to collude with Russia.

This latest revelation has caused me to slightly amend my previous position and I now admit this might be a “nothing burger with cheese.” Because Trump Jr.’s confessed actions without any doubt amount to ATTEMPTED Russian collusion. I’m still not sure that amounts to anything illegal, and even if it does, Donald Trump Sr. wasn’t there (doesn’t mean he didn’t sign off on it), but there is absolutely no way this activity can be defended as anything other than an attempt at collusion – and I like how Trump Jr. tries to shrug it off by saying “She didn’t have anything useful to give us” – like that somehow absolves them from attempting to collude. That’s like me saying “Well, I thought she was 13 but turns out she was a 24-year-old undercover cop, so that absolves me from enticing a minor, officer.”

Again, I’m still not sure there’s anything illegal here because no one’s sure what laws there are against working with a foreign entity to win an election – I doubt this is even treason, especially if it turns out the Russian lawyer did not represent the Russian government in any way. But it looks BAD. REALLY bad. Impeachable bad if Congress wasn’t so far up Trump’s butt, especially Trump St. himself had been in the meeting (or for that matter, just set it up). But a current member of his White House team and his campaign manager at the time were in the meeting. You know, nobody important but his son, his son-in-law and his campaign manager. No wonder Trump went wild this morning about Comey’s leaked memos. Every time something ugly pops up, he has to distract and deflect, just like his most dedicated followers.

“Many people are satisfied with what Trump is doing policywise snd are not concerned with the trivial matters, style, rumor snd innuendo.”

There was a recent study released on Trump voters that to me seemed like it was basically trying to figure out just how stupid they were. Apparently not all that stupid – the vast majority of them believed Trump was a first class liar and many of his tweets foolish and self-damaging and his behavior often reprehensible... but they just didn’t care, because the ends (Gorsuch, attempted dismantling of Obamacare, destruction of the EPA, tearing apart illegal immigrant families, etc.) justified the means. Basically, if Trump is what it took to reverse 8 years of Obama, then they would just have to learn to live with it. So that’s the point we’ve reached in society. In 45 years, we’ve gone from Republicans being disgusted in Nixon’s hidden questionable behavior and helping to run him out of town on a silver rail despite all the positives he had accomplished, to hardly any Republicans caring how Trump behaves or what he did to get into office, so long as they agree with his policies. And you complain about the disintegration of civility in this country.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1227
no wonder Chump likes his son-in-law over his son.
Posted: 7/10/2017 7:47:28 AM
How do Trumpets know they should be frightened by the latest news, and throw the deflection machine into overdrive and romp on the gas pedal?

Answer: When the Emperor God picks up his Twit account and starts blaming everyone else.

"The president also used Twitter to push out several a “Fox & Friends” clips Monday morning, including one accusing Comey of having his friend leak top secret information, and another accusing the media of not representing half of the country. And later in the morning, he retweeted a missive by Fox News host Sean Hannity, which attacked Hillary Clinton, seeming to refer to her private email server as secretary of state and saying, “HRC mishandles and destroys classified info-NO PROBLEM!” Trump's frustrated, frenzied tweets — at times, he basically seemed to be live-tweeting “Fox & Friends” — came amid reports in the New York Times this weekend that the president's oldest son, Donald Trump Jr. — as well as his son-in-law Jared Kushner and former campaign manager Paul J. Manafort — met with a Russian lawyer with Kremlin ties during the 2016 campaign, after being promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton. The president then urged lawmakers to pass legislation to repeal and replace President Obama's signature health care bill before leaving for the August recess. “I cannot imagine that Congress would dare to leave Washington without a beautiful new HealthCare bill fully approved and ready to go!” he wrote. "

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-accuses-comey-of-illegally-leaking-classified-information/ar-BBE84yz?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

(can Chump desperation can be counted by the number of "Beautifuls" he uses?)

talk about throwing spaghetti at the wall and seeing what may stick! When Chump goes into full-on L'Enfant Terrible, the Republicants duck for cover. Of course, it beats the pink frosted shit out of the media reporting on how health (Don't) care is plodding along. Wow, the GOP has to work with the Dems to save Obamacare! ain't that a kick in their balls. Can't happen to a better bunch of powerbrokers who couldn't rein in a candidate who's election squad was meeting with Russians. Oh, hey KJ and John, how about you talk about the Chump plan to work with the Russians to create an anti-hacking group? Care to comment on that idea, which Linsey Graham admits is one of the stupidest ideas he's ever heard?

Bueller? Bueller?

Sarah Palin can see Russia from her front porch, but I can spot the sweat on your brow from here :)
 meowzing
Msg: 1228
Posted: 7/10/2017 9:05:01 AM
It is my hearty opinion that the circus ring known as American media, fueled Americans to be forced to make a choice between two candidates that should have never been running. Now look at the fine mess we are all in.
 deetristate
Msg: 1229
Posted: 7/10/2017 9:18:22 AM
""If there is such evidence and proof of something illegal, Trumptards and Trumpets will turn on Trump and want them all prosecuted.
Until then. . ."""""
Until then, if it ever happens, nothing but reaching by leftists.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1230
Posted: 7/10/2017 10:02:29 AM

If there is such evidence and proof of something illegal, Trumptards and Trumpets will turn on Trump and want them all prosecuted.
Until then. . ."""""
Until then, if it ever happens, nothing but reaching by leftists.

Just because Breitbart and InfoWars are not covering Trump Jr meeting the Russians, after a year of denials by the administration, does not mean it is fake news. After all, that news came straight from the horse's mouth, so it’s true.
 cotter
Msg: 1231
view profile
History
The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 7/10/2017 10:52:26 AM
C'mon ... is it really such a bad idea to share cyber information with Russia?

What can we share with them that they don't already have?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1232
Posted: 7/10/2017 12:56:22 PM
Donald Trump Jr. Is an Idiot of Towering Proportions
Jack Moore
July 10, 2017 8:38 AM

It must be weird to be Donald Trump Jr. Like if you asked me what I did this weekend, I would say, "Oh, not much. Just hung out with my girlfriend and dog. Did a little work. Saw Spider-Man." Not too exciting, but nice. Now if I asked Donald Trump Jr. how his was, he'd have to say something like, "Oh, you know. The New York Times reported about how I met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who was promising me damaging information on Hillary Clinton, which certainly looks bad considering the investigation into collusion between my dad's campaign and Russia... Also, I had a nice brunch." And what's even weirder still is that the above would be Donnie Jr. telling the version of the weekend that made him look the best. In reality, Donnie took a bad situation for him and his father and made it so much worse.

You see, in that New York Times piece, Trump Jr. gave the following statement:

In a statement on Sunday, Donald Trump Jr. said he had met with the Russian lawyer at the request of an acquaintance. “After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

He said she then turned the conversation to adoption of Russian children and the Magnitsky Act, an American law that blacklists suspected Russian human rights abusers. The law so enraged President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia that he retaliated by halting American adoptions of Russian children.

“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting,” Mr. Trump said.

Pay attention to the end of Trump Jr.'s statement. By acknowledging that "claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting," Trump is saying that he took the meeting because he had in fact been promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton from a Russian source, but that it was no big deal because the lawyer didn't deliver. Interesting way of thinking about it, Don. Let's ask anyone who appeared on To Catch A Predator how that argument holds up in court. Oh, sorry. They're not answering the phone. Because they're probably in jail now. (On top of all of that, he apparently had a different explanation for the meeting when he talked to the Times on Saturday. Hm.)

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-jr-russia-meeting-flub/amp
 gtomustang
Msg: 1233
Posted: 7/10/2017 5:46:06 PM
"what can we share with the Russians they haven't already hacked?"

>>>well, Chump's failed attempt to coerce states into giving up voter data, to seek out illegal immigrant voters that don't exist, so the narcissist feels better about absolutely losing his ass in the popular vote by millions...yeah, that comes to mind.

meanwhile, what else has Chump done for Mother Russia? not that it looks suspicious in the least when these things keep coming up, one right after the other.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-admin-lobbied-lawmakers-to-weaken-russia-sanctions/ar-BBE9yYf?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Can't blame the Deep State for this one! Its all on Chump. so let's cut out the Deep State nonsense. Deflection just makes you look foolish.
 from site to sight
Msg: 1234
Posted: 7/10/2017 7:10:23 PM

Now if I asked Donald Trump Jr. how his was, he'd have to say something like, "Oh, you know. The New York Times reported about how I met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer who was promising me damaging information on Hillary Clinton, which certainly looks bad considering the investigation into collusion between my dad's campaign and Russia.

Trump wants to start a new trend, by making collusion a family affair.

If you were to ask Ivanka how her week was, she would say something like "Not Bad. I took my father's place, representing the United States, at the Group of 20 meeting in Hamburg." Trump probably left the table to make business deals with some big shot international businessmen that were there. That has priority over any international politics. He'll let his underlings handle all of the political stuff involved in being president.
 John252817
Msg: 1235
Posted: 7/10/2017 7:17:13 PM
The DNC Is Debt Ridden, Unpopular and Failing, but they do have that participation trophy...Oh YA!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1236
Posted: 7/10/2017 7:19:43 PM
Just Donald Trump Jr. posing with the republican party

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEZfDV4W0AEVCva.jpg
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1237
Comrade Trump is the Lying King
Posted: 7/10/2017 9:19:30 PM

Msg: 1237
The DNC Is Debt Ridden, Unpopular and Failing, but they do have that participation trophy...Oh YA!!

The only thing failing is that the Trump regime lies are being exposed. Anyone who defends this corrupt administration is also complicit of treason.

This is the best evidence to date showing that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russian government to affect the outcome of the election in Trump's favor. And they all lied about it.

Email To Donald Trump Jr. Reportedly Spoke Of Russian Plot To Aid Trump Campaign

The email claimed the Kremlin was the source of information that could hurt Hillary Clinton, The New York Times says.

Donald Trump Jr. was told in an email that a meeting to obtain information damaging to presidential rival Hillary Clinton was connected to intelligence gathered by the Russian government to help elect his father, according to a report published in The New York Times on Monday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-email-candidacy.html
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1238
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 9:21:42 PM
Hillary Clinton and Donna Brazile Left The DNC Without Debt. Was That Wise?

WASHINGTON ― Tom Perez inherited numerous challenges upon winning the chairmanship of the Democratic National Committee last month. Pulling the committee out of debt wasn’t one of them.

Despite a grueling 2016 presidential campaign, the DNC had $10.8 million cash on hand and $3.7 million in debt at the end of January. That balance has given Perez a rare gift in politics: space and resources to turn around a party with immediate organizational needs. And for that luxury, he can thank two people: Hillary Clinton and Donna Brazile.

During the 2016 campaign, the then-candidate struck a deal with the interim DNC chair to ensure that whoever replaced Brazile in the upcoming elections would assume control of a committee in the black.

“[Clinton] felt very strongly that it was responsible to make sure the party was in good financial position,” said Charlie Baker, a Democratic strategist who served as the Clinton campaign’s chief administrative officer. “And we were able to do that. There were obviously very many generous progressive donors who were happy to contribute to the DNC and it was important to everyone to make sure the party could get off on a good footing going forward.”

At the time, the arrangement seemed like a strategic no-brainer. Clinton’s election prospects looked comfortable and she had promised, during the primary campaign, to help rebuild a party apparatus that had gone neglected during the Obama years.

But with Clinton’s unexpected loss, the question now confronting party officials is whether the $10 million set aside to keep the DNC out of debt could have instead been used to ensure victory.

“It is pretty obvious we thought we were going to win,” conceded one top Clinton official. “It was a plan made during a situation that ended with a very unfortunate outcome.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dnc-no-debt-clinton-brazile_us_58c805a2e4b0428c7f134148

John, I think that maybe 3 years out of date?
 John252817
Msg: 1239
Posted: 7/10/2017 9:37:40 PM
Sorry dragon, the story is only about 14 hours old but nice try
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 1240
Posted: 7/10/2017 10:15:07 PM
I noticed John is too quiet avoiding the question about those "experts" he was referring to. John, what is your response about Trump Jr email that a meeting to obtain information damaging to presidential rival Hillary Clinton was connected to intelligence gathered by the Russian government to help elect his father?

Just because you keep ignoring questions posed to you does not mean the Trump administration/Russian interference will go away.

Email To Donald Trump Jr. Reportedly Spoke Of Russian Plot To Aid Trump Campaign

The email claimed the Kremlin was the source of information that could hurt Hillary Clinton, The New York Times says.

Donald Trump Jr. was told in an email that a meeting to obtain information damaging to presidential rival Hillary Clinton was connected to intelligence gathered by the Russian government to help elect his father, according to a report published in The New York Times on Monday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia-email-candidacy.html
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 1241
Posted: 7/10/2017 10:33:20 PM
^

the story is only about 14 hours old

You mean the story you read in the Observer?
You know, the publication owned by Jared Kushner (that he bought back in 2006)

Wow, whatta source of UNBIASED information !!!!

Man put away the booze before all your remaining brain cells get pickled!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1242
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 10:57:51 PM
"Sorry dragon, the story is only about 14 hours old but nice try"

I asked because the story is directly countered by the other story, so I was confused. And I have seen the "date" on some stories automatically updates each day so it appears new, sometimes it is tricky to determine if a story is old or not.

If I read your story(In the Observer) and the story about the DNC having $10 million in cash, that story also said the DNC had $3.9 million in debt. That was about in Jan.

So the DNC can currently has $1.9 million in debt, but still have $10 million in CASH. Your story made no mention how much cash the DNC had on hand.

So, both stories can be true (about the debt) but the Observer is slanted by only talking about debt and not cash on hand. And once I determine an author is deliberately misconstruing data to give an false impression, I tend to dismiss the whole story.

I was trying to be positive by thinking maybe the story was out of date, but it's likely current and its just propaganda. (misleading in nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 1243
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2017 11:26:42 PM
John, nearly all these stories we read, they are derived from a single source of data, someone, usually a Government agency, put togehter. Then a 1000 "news" sites put their spin on the story, but it's really only one story with a 1000 different spins. It's not always easy to find out where the original "story or data" came from.

It rather looks like the Observer story came from this source.

http://classic.fec.gov/disclosure/partySummary.do

financial data on both parties over time.

Democratic National Committee and Republican National Committee

This shows the DNC with 1.9 million in debt, with 7.6 million in cash, which correlates with the story in Jan about 10 million in cash and 3.9 million in debt. Note that the RNC has $41 million cash on hand and no debt. Which is positive for the Republicans assuming money can win elections.

The website lets you look back to 2008, 2010 , 2012, 2014, 2016, and while I don't exactly get it, also 2018. Not sure how they project the future.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1244
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:08:27 AM

Just because Breitbart and InfoWars are not covering Trump Jr meeting the Russians, after a year of denials by the administration, does not mean it is fake news. After all, that news came straight from the horse's mouth, so it’s true.

Here's some news that prolly wan't in Breitbart or InfoWars:

Donald Trump Jr., the president's son, has hired New York lawyer Alan Futerfas to represent him in connection with Russia-related investigations, the lawyer and Trump Jr.'s office said on Monday.
Futerfas, a sole practitioner who specializes in criminal defense, would not say when he was retained or whether he had any input into the statements Trump Jr. made over the weekend about a meeting with a Russian lawyer.

We've gone from:

1) We did not meet with the Russians.

2) We met, but it was all routine business.

3) Where's my criminal defense lawyer?

Man put away the booze before all your remaining brain cells get pickled!

too late :/
 gtomustang
Msg: 1245
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:09:24 AM
yeah, John is an easy poster to make a fool of, all you have to do is look up his source. He ALWAYS picks the worst source, he beats KJ in this field...why would anyone want to constantly look out of touch? It must be self hatred, he strives to make himself look bad. Even when we do our best to educate him. No wonder he sees nothing wrong with Chump. And what is up w/ Chump Jr, can't this guy ever tell the same lie twice? Can't wait 'til he gets sworn in someplace and gets nailed for perjury, that would be Hillaryous.

Meanwhile, where does "drain the swamp" get his military advice from?

"President Trump’s advisers recruited two businessmen who profited from military contracting to devise alternatives to the Pentagon’s plan to send thousands of additional troops to Afghanistan, reflecting the Trump administration’s struggle to define its strategy for dealing with a war now 16 years old.
Erik D. Prince (He has cultivated close ties to the Trump administration; his sister, Betsy DeVos, is Mr. Trump’s education secretary), a founder of the private security firm Blackwater Worldwide, and Stephen A. Feinberg, a billionaire financier who owns the giant military contractor DynCorp International, have discussed their proposals to rely on contractors instead of American troops in Afghanistan with both Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s chief strategist, and Jared Kushner, his senior adviser and son-in-law, according to people briefed on the conversations."
"The highly unusual meeting dramatizes the divide between Mr. Trump’s generals and his political staff over Afghanistan, the lengths to which his aides will go to give their boss more options for dealing with it and the readiness of this White House to turn to business people for help with diplomatic and military problems."
"Mr. Bannon has also questioned what the United States has gotten for the $850 billion in nonmilitary spending it has poured into the country, noting that Afghanistan confounded the neoconservatives in the George W. Bush administration and the progressives in the Obama administration."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-aides-turned-to-businessmen-for-afghan-war-advice/ar-BBEddkb?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Gosh, Trumpets hire a rich man to fix their problem with Wall Street in the White House...what an obviously stupid mistake to make. No wonder they fear college education....they flunk lunch.
 deetristate
Msg: 1246
Posted: 7/11/2017 5:15:30 AM
They would be idiots not to lawyer up when every "the" instead of "thee" is whined about by leftists.
Smart man.

The difference between leftists and others is that leftists want politicians to fix things or be the nanny state. Others want politicians to get rid of government interference and government created problems and can regulations that are not good for the country or its people.

This includes freedom to not get health insurance and suffer the consequences.
Freedom to not partcipate in behavior contrary to your moral code.
Etc.
 kubatto
Msg: 1247
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:16:06 AM
Dee...my wish for you and all those like you:

1) You have a chronic disease requiring regular medical teeatmwnt.

2) you lose your employer paid for health insurance.

3) you have to make a choice to purchase your own insurance at a oost of 50% of your take home pay or choose instead to eat that month.

It's so easy to be a heartless **stard, like you, when it is somebody else suffering the consequences.

My insurance premiums in the private market just went up 15% for a family of four. It now is costing my family over 18000.00 per year for insurance with a 5000.00 deductible. Fortunately I can afford it, but that's a hell of a lot of money for a middle class family making, say, 50k per year.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 1248
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:20:40 AM

And what is up w/ Chump Jr, can't this guy ever tell the same lie twice?

Don Jr...was supposedly referred to as "Fredo" (from the God-father character....representing the Dumbest of the 3 Corleon sons)...by members of the Trump transition team.

"Fredo" was a dimwit, tripping over himself and easily Duped...but he thought he was as smart and slick as Michael, etc.
 deetristate
Msg: 1249
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:33:32 AM
""""
My insurance premiums in the private market just went up 15% for a family of four. It now is costing my family over 18000.00 per year for insurance with a 5000.00 deductible. Fortunately I can afford it, but that's a hell of a lot of money for a middle class family making, say, 50k per year.""""

And that happened under Obamacare, right?

That is what, hopefully, they are fixing.
If they don't, they will pay at the polls.

Someone on the radio read Trump, Jr's statements. While different, they didn't contradict one another. Maybe the person reading omitted something.

Can you explain how they were contradictory?

LOLTrump
Msg: 1250
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:35:58 AM

Sorry dragon, the story is only about 14 hours old but nice try

What is the over under on johnny deflecting this to his grave?

Hey johnny, looks like you f*cked up buddy and got caught spreading fake news.

Either way,

Trump Jr. Was Told in Email of Russian Effort to Aid Campaign
By MATT APUZZO, JO BECKER, ADAM GOLDMAN and MAGGIE HABERMANJULY 10, 2017

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

Mr. Goldstone’s message, as described to The New York Times by the three people, indicates that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information. It does not elaborate on the wider effort by Moscow to help the Trump campaign.

News of the meeting involving the younger Mr. Trump, Mr. Kushner and Mr. Manafort blunted whatever good feeling the president’s team had after his trip to Europe for the Group of 20 economic summit meeting.

The president learned from his aides about the 2016 meeting at the end of the trip, according to a White House official. But some people in the White House had known for several days that it had occurred, because Mr. Kushner had revised his foreign contact disclosure document to include it.

The president was frustrated by the news of the meeting, according to a person close to him — less over the fact that it had happened, and more because it was yet another story about Russia that had swamped the news cycle.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because