Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kubatto
Msg: 1251
The biggest threat ever is from Russia becausePage 51 of 64    (24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64)
My insurance is not bought under the exchanges...i.e. it is not Obama care insurance. The health care system itself is distorted because of insurance...not because of the affordable care act. The only viable solution is a one payer system...or do away with insurance entirely. Cost will come way down without insurance.
 deetristate
Msg: 1252
The biggest threat ever is from Russia because
Posted: 7/11/2017 7:10:15 AM
""""""My insurance premiums in the private market just went up 15% for a family of four. It now is costing my family over 18000.00 per year for insurance with a 5000.00 deductible. Fortunately I can afford it, but that's a hell of a lot of money for a middle class family making, say, 50k per year.""""

And that happened under Obamacare, right?

That is what, hopefully, they are fixing.
If they don't, they will pay at the polls.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1253
Posted: 7/11/2017 7:17:40 AM

And that happened under Obamacare, right?

And that came to be because of changes that the GOP made right?
 cotter
Msg: 1254
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 7:50:56 AM
Message 1236 ...
From site to sight ...
Trump probably left the table to make business deals with some big shot international businessmen that were there. That has priority over any international politics.

Well, maybe he needed a nap.

Message 1237 ...
Llove ...
Anyone who defends this corrupt administration is also complicit of treason.

That and being a possible pussy-grabber!

Beware of Trump supporters who post pictures of themselves with their hands all over little girls.

Message 1242 ...
Llove ...
Just because you keep ignoring questions posed to you does not mean the Trump administration/Russian interference will go away.

He will not answer questions he is too dumb to answer. And he will also never post a link ... because those are dumb too!

Message 1243 ...
LMFAO! Don't forget he mows lawns for a living. I think he's been sniffing too much on those gas fumes. That'll fry your brain comparable to the way he posts.
 haplata
Msg: 1255
Posted: 7/11/2017 8:10:49 AM
" I think he's been sniffing too much on those gas fumes. That'll fry your brain comparable to the way he posts."

Pot...meet kettle.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1256
Posted: 7/11/2017 8:43:34 AM
"my insurance premiums in the private market"

>>>is this fictitious person getting more coverage than they had before? Have the children changed in age or maybe there's other changes he forgot to mention? hard to say, since we don't know who this is.

"just went up"

>>as in, just now as Chump and the GOP are running Obamacare? The same people cutting out the government funding for it, and causing chaos in the markets b/c the insurance companies can't plan how much to charge until they know WTF, so they are raising rates to cover what might go wrong? That "just now"? the "just now" that has McConnell saying we better go back to supporting Obamacare or we won't even have that to offer our constituents?

"fortunately I can afford it"

>>>that would be the cost of living. Wait until his kids are 16 and driving on his insurance, will those rates go up too? If he can afford it, maybe its cheaper than being thrown into the risk pool? indeed, hopefully the GOP is fixing Obamacare...after, you know, they TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE.

now imagine, trumpets, if the GOP had simply accepted the health care from the black man, and not cut its funding. Perhaps this fictitious individual wouldn't have so much to complain about...hmmm?

I love D's new plan--when there is nothing of Chump's to support, post the same argument twice. that might work...on trumpets :) oh, and here's how Trump Jr. contradicted himself...when he realized he was going to get caught. Fredo, indeed.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/the-three-stories-of-donald-trump-jr-so-far/533178/
 deetristate
Msg: 1257
Posted: 7/11/2017 8:52:49 AM
Between bad snark, try to read the thread.

The usual maybeing, ifing and conjecturing at play here.

That was a claim made by someone else and I responded. It was posted again because he didn't respond to, or maybe didn't see, the question.

Was Obamacare in place when that hapoened?
Under what system were we functioning?
Obamacare?
I keep forgetting my audience.

Health insurance with high premiums and deductibles so high to make it useless in the advent of Obamacare is why people want it gone.

It gets boring typing it again. Copy and paste is easier.
Especially when you people pretend to not see the things that you can't dispute over and over and over and over again.

Is anything but Obamacare in place now?
Or for the last few years?

Stop.
Really.
It is getting deep.

Msg: 1258
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 9:29:43 AM
""""""My insurance premiums in the private market just went up 15% for a family of four. It now is costing my family over 18000.00 per year for insurance with a 5000.00 deductible. Fortunately I can afford it, but that's a hell of a lot of money for a middle class family making, say, 50k per year.""""

The problem isn't the ACA, it's the medical industrial complex that has used the Government to create a monopoly and to shut down any competition.

The real problem is our healthcare costs being double and triple other countries and still having more poor outcomes.

I think it’s obvious when we spend double per person what Canada spends and triple what New Zealand spends per person that we have a problem with costs

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/issue-briefs/2015/oct/us-health-care-from-a-global-perspective

None of these healthcare proposals address the real problem.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1259
Posted: 7/11/2017 9:34:56 AM

I love D's new plan--when there is nothing of Chump's to support, post the same argument twice. that might work...on trumpets :) oh, and here's how Trump Jr. contradicted himself...when he realized he was going to get caught. Fredo, indeed.

You can see that she is not taking it well either.

Just look at all the spelling and grammar mistakes in her posts.

Sad really, but at least she tries, so maybe johnny can give her one of his participation trophy's.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 1260
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:24:15 AM
Yanno, I sold health insurance for 30 years. And before ACA you could purchase plans with $5k, $10k, and $15k deductibles. I often wondered why people would buy insurance when they didn't have the capital to pay the high deductible. People would buy HSA plans and never fund the savings aspect.

At least ACA insurance has an out of pocket max of $7,150 for an individual plan in 2017, and most people would have some coverage on the way to the max out of pocket.

But, all this talk about healthcare insurance is the radical conservatives way of saying-tRump is fvcked now!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1261
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:29:36 AM
Tree-son

https://i.redd.it/1gp6kwe20z8z.jpg

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 cotter
Msg: 1262
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:44:52 AM
Oh dear ... t seems the biggest threat ever might be ... Bannon and Kushner

Look what they have in mind for our tax dollars ...

http://taskandpurpose.com/afghan-war-plan-erik-prince-blackwater-dyncorp/
This Afghan War Plan By The Guy Who Founded Blackwater Should Scare The Hell Out Of You

By Adam Weinstein
on July 11, 2017

In case you thought James Mattis’ job running the Department of Defense wasn’t hard enough, he reportedly had to sit through a presentation — on a Saturday — by two top Beltway bandits, imposed on him by President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and his top propaganda consigliere, on how the Afghanistan war should be run by defense contractors.

Based on that meeting, your forever war could have gotten a bunch longer and a whole lot dumber, according to this new report from the New York Times:

Erik D. Prince, a founder of the private security firm Blackwater Worldwide, and Stephen A. Feinberg, a billionaire financier who owns the giant military contractor DynCorp International, have developed proposals to rely on contractors instead of American troops in Afghanistan at the behest of Stephen K. Bannon, Mr. Trump’s chief strategist, and Jared Kushner, his senior adviser and son-in-law, according to people briefed on the conversations.

On Saturday morning, Mr. Bannon sought out Defense Secretary Jim Mattis at the Pentagon to try to get a hearing for their ideas, an American official said. Mr. Mattis listened politely but declined to include the outside strategies in a review of Afghanistan policy that he is leading along with the national security adviser, Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster.

Mattis and McMaster have promised to deliver their revised Afghanistan strategy to President Trump this month, and while they’re smart enough to know that not all military contracting is evil, they’re not stupid enough to put stock in Prince, a truly unscrupulous money-eating slug jammed into the cold husk of a crew-cut, flag-pin-flaunting patriot.

OMG ... that would be like turning the Afghan war over to "Beavis and Butt-Head"!

LMAO ... James G. Stavridis (former NATO Supreme Allied Commander) said that would be an idea that falls into the category of "dumb and dumber" ... which reminded me would be at the level of "Beavis and Butt-Head".

Since profiting off of Blackwater’s brutality, Prince has also tried to create a “secret” private army for the United Arab Emirates, militarized crop dusters for use as attack planes by clients in South Sudan, and allegedly helped then-candidate Trump try to set up a backchannel line of communication to the Kremlin through his own sketchy security contacts in the Middle East and the Seychelles.

Prince — who is Education Secretary Betsy DeVos’ brother — reportedly coordinated that latter effort with Bannon and Kushner, the same Trump confidants who got Prince his July 8 audience with Mattis. Prince was a popular guest on Bannon’s radio show during the 2016 campaign, specializing in spittle-flecked conspiracy theories about Hillary Clinton’s emails, rhetorical broadsides that appear more ironic and hilarious with every passing day.

Yep ... and now we see what's coming out about all that.

So what’s Prince’s and Feinberg’s idea for winning Afghanistan? The New York Times’ sources say their spiel mirrored a May Wall Street Journal op-ed by Prince, in which he said “an expensive disaster” could be averted by turning control of the Afghan war over to “one person: an American viceroy who’d lead all coalition efforts.” That man — gosh, who could fill such a crucial role? — would report directly to the president and run the war through “private military units” patterned after the East India Company, because that worked so well in Afghanistan in 1842.

Feinberg’s contribution to the conversation was to propose giving “the C.I.A. control over operations in Afghanistan, which would be carried out by paramilitary units and hence subject to less oversight than the military,” a source told the New York Times. That strategy was being called “the Laos option,” because operating covertly in Laos to win the Vietnam War was a smashing success for the U.S. with no strategic complications or troubling human rights implications whatsoever. But such an option in Afghanistan could be hugely profitable for Dyncorp, and for Feinberg himself, a college ROTC dropout who was rumored to be under consideration for a Trump administration job last year.

OMFG ... what is this 3-ring circus going to come up with next?

Now, imagine again that you’re Mattis, and you’re spending a Saturday “listening politely” to these yahoos beg for complete control over your theater of operations to practice empire for fun and profit, because the president’s pals say you should. It’s a testament to the defense secretary’s integrity that he shot them down. It’s testament to his self-control that he didn’t go HAM on them. Here’s hoping that a Mad Dog can keep the wild hyenas at bay a little longer.

Well I guess only time will tell what "the biggest threat ever" really is.
 haplata
Msg: 1263
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:46:58 AM
My only point was to state how expensive the insurance...not implicate the ACA. Yes it is an HSA policy...5000 deductible
. 5000 out of pocket maximum. Yes we are all a year older. No..nothing else has changed other than the 15% increase in premiums...now costing us over 18K per year. My point is...regardless of the ACA or any new act..health insurance premiums are becoming outrageously expensive. If people can't afford to buy the insurance, they won't do so. Eventually the entire system will implode unless health care costs come down or at least stop escalating.
 haplata
Msg: 1264
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:52:21 AM
And as I understand it, my spicy through one of the blues..has been grandfathered in since the ACA and has never been part of the ACA. ACA policies were worse..more expensive, much smaller networks...higher deductibles. Terrible policies unless you are subsidized the cost.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 1265
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 1:17:45 PM
“The difference between leftists and others is that leftists want politicians to fix things or be the nanny state. Others want politicians to get rid of government interference and government created problems and can regulations that are not good for the country or its people. This includes freedom to not get health insurance and suffer the consequences.
Freedom to not partcipate in behavior contrary to your moral code.”

I’m not sure how this thread has lurched off in the direction of health insurance, but here’s an editorial you should definitely read:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/10/opinion/health-insurance-free-market.html

Excerpt:

>>>When it comes to health care coverage, House Speaker Paul Ryan says, “We’re going to have a free market, and you buy what you want to buy,” and if people don’t want it, “then they won’t buy it.” In this model of health care, the patient is consumer, and he must decide whether the goods and services he wants to protect his life are worth the cost.

But this is often impossible. And what Republicans, and many Democrats, forget to stress, is that in a totally free market health care system, you must be willing to let some patients die. >> We know that in an empathetic and caring society, life is valued above all else, especially when the life in question is in the most helpless condition possible. Deep down inside, we all intuitively know that health care is not a free market, or else society would not allow me to routinely care for people when they are in no position to make decisions for themselves.

Republicans need to be honest with themselves and the public: If they want medicine to be truly free-market, then they have to be willing to let the next man or woman they find lying unconscious in the street remain there and die.<<<

So it’s interesting that the same people that get all riled up about the possibility that fetuses might die in an abortion and go all crazy at the thought of an 80-year-old cancer-riddled man being aided in his suicide could not care less about poor people (particularly the WORKING POOR) not being able to pay for cancer treatments or dialysis or head wound trauma from a car accident. It’s their own fault they’re poor – they should have gotten a better job. Let them go to the E.R. if they’re that ill because the hospital has to take them – the bills will get paid somehow.

The only reason the Grinch hasn’t won out in this argument like so many other recent Trump administration and GOP arguments is because much of Obamacare is irreversible – you can’t give millions of the working poor health insurance in many red states for the first time and expect them to just lie down and die while you take it away from them. Nothing, and I do mean, NOTHING will destroy the GOP like trying to “fix” Obamacare by taking health insurance away from millions of poor people to give tax cuts and better premiums to rich and upper middle class that’s been complaining the most about Obamacare. Many morons who somehow believed Trump wouldn’t hurt their Obamacare despite campaigning directly on ending Obamacare are feeling like fools now.

“And that happened under Obamacare, right?”

Pretty much all studies on the topic show that premiums would have risen just as fast if not faster under the pre-Obamacare laws as they did under the Obamacare laws. Who here wasn’t experiencing health care insurance premium increases a decade ago? Actually, my employer junked our wonderful PPO for a high-deductible HSA-oriented plan to avoid increasing our premiums substantially, in 2007... BEFORE Obama was elected.
 deetristate
Msg: 1266
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:24:30 PM
No one died in the street due to lack of insurance prior to the ACA. Even illegal aliens can get free healthcare before during and after the ACA.

If the congress passes a bill and 5 years later premiums drastically increase, will the reason be "they were increasing under the ACA anyway?"

If you choose not to buy insurance, then that is on you.

We go back to the programs for truly can't do better than poor, elderly and invalid. Middle class gets transportable and insurance for kids up to 26 (which may be more expensive than a seperate policy, but your choice..

LOLTrump
Msg: 1267
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:30:31 PM

No one died in the street due to lack of insurance prior to the ACA.

About 45,000 people die every year in the USA due to lack of health care.

New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage
Uninsured, working-age Americans have 40 percent higher death risk than privately insured counterparts
September 17, 2009
By David Cecere, Cambridge Health Alliance

Nearly 45,000 annual deaths are associated with lack of health insurance, according to a new study published online today by the American Journal of Public Health. That figure is about two and a half times higher than an estimate from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in 2002.

The study, conducted at Harvard Medical School and Cambridge Health Alliance, found that uninsured, working-age Americans have a 40 percent higher risk of death than their privately insured counterparts, up from a 25 percent excess death rate found in 1993.

“The uninsured have a higher risk of death when compared to the privately insured, even after taking into account socioeconomics, health behaviors, and baseline health,” said lead author Andrew Wilper, M.D., who currently teaches at the University of Washington School of Medicine. “We doctors have many new ways to prevent deaths from hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease — but only if patients can get into our offices and afford their medications.”

The study, which analyzed data from national surveys carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), assessed death rates after taking into account education, income, and many other factors, including smoking, drinking, and obesity. It estimated that lack of health insurance causes 44,789 excess deaths annually.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2009/09/new-study-finds-45000-deaths-annually-linked-to-lack-of-health-coverage/
 haplata
Msg: 1268
Posted: 7/11/2017 2:57:48 PM
Dee..
Not trying to sound like loltrump... but you are so ignorant and never attempt to research before you say really stupid stuff. So sad for you

trinity818
Msg: 1269
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 3:14:51 PM

If you choose not to buy insurance, then that is on you.

Hmmm...well I guess I could just not pay my mortgage and live in my car...

Then maybe I will be able to afford the monthly premium it's likely to cost me.
 gtomustang
Msg: 1270
Posted: 7/11/2017 3:15:06 PM
Well, Haplata, please excuse me for saying you don't exist :) I;m used to D pulling things out of thin air.

So, your HSA went up 15%, and Trump once thought HSAs were the great replacement for Obamacare, how interesting:

"Now Americans wait to see what will emerge to replace Obamacare and reshape the U.S. health care landscape. All signs point to HSAs being a cornerstone of whatever plan that may be.Coinciding with President-Elect Trump’s inauguration, and while we wait to see how this will unfold, let’s look at how the 45th President and several GOP lawmakers could utilize HSAs as part of their collective approaches to health care reform. Donald Trump Favors HSAs Bigly. Throughout his campaign to secure the Republican presidential nomination and then to claim the White House, President-Elect Donald Trump has spoken about the benefits of HSAs. He spoke to the need for these accounts when addressing high deductibles that could otherwise prevent insurance holders from seeking care.“I’m OK with the savings accounts. I think it’s a good idea; it’s a very down-the-middle idea. It works. It’s something that’s proven,” Trump told George Stephanopoulos in an October 2015 interview. He went on to say in that interview that “it’s possible” HSAs could eventually make Medicare unnecessary."

http://www.connectyourcare.com/blog/hsa-contributions-rules-may-expand-trump-gop-congress/

What has the GOP done to these under Chump?

"For a plan to meet the qualifications of one of the standard options on the exchanges, it must conform to a uniform set of features related to deductibles, out-of-pocket limits, co-payments and coinsurance levels. Plus, first-dollar coverage must apply to specific services. But the standard option deductibles and out-of-pocket limits of the new rules contradict the requirements to be considered an HSA. And the requirement that high-deductible policies offered on the health care exchange provide first-dollar coverage for non-preventive services eliminate HSAs entirely.
"In a letter to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Acting Administrator Andy Slavitt and 22 Republican senators posed a series of questions about the reason for the new rules. “It is clear to see the potential disruption in consumer choice by creating the 'standard option' and limiting the types of plans that qualify for it to exclude HSAs,” the lawmakers said. “These accounts have been widely popular, [but] your agency continues to try to suppress these popular plans.”

http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20160729/FREE/160729922/health-savings-account-limits-to-increase-for-some-in-2017

"The total cost of Mr. Trump’s repeal and replace health care plan would be $330 billion over a decade under dynamic scoring and $550 billion under conventional scoring. Those numbers would be smaller (and the direction could differ) if he retained some of the Medicare cuts and/or tax increases from Obamacare"
"According to CBO, about 27 million Americans will lack health insurance coverage in 2018. Repealing Obamacare would increase that number by 22 million, whereas Mr. Trump’s replacement plan would only increase coverage by 1.1 million. In other words, the plan would increase the number of uninsured individuals by about 21 million and only cover about 5 percent of individuals that would lose coverage from Obamacare repeal."

http://www.crfb.org/blogs/analysis-donald-trumps-health-care-plan

if you don't choose to buy insurance, its not on you...its on the next guy's bill. Its why aspirin costs $48 in an ER. Funny how the GOP doesn't want to make car insurance voluntary...why is that? why do they want to force us to pay for car insurance? hmm.
 deetristate
Msg: 1271
Posted: 7/11/2017 3:26:49 PM
The ignorance is that you people change the question or statement and allow the okey doke on the response. To a different premise, statement or question and then give it kudos.

I can't make you people sharper.

You have to build your self esteem however you can. I get that.

And the HSAs went up when? What heathcare system was in place?

(Psst. Don't fall for the okey doke)

$d$$ssd$!!!$!$sd!!$!d!!!!!!

What's interesting is that for two pages you people argue against changing the healthcare system while pointing out the things that obamacare, under which exists the current system, did not fix.

Amazing.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 1272
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:20:57 PM
“What's interesting is that for two pages you people argue against changing the healthcare system while pointing out the things that obamacare, under which exists the current system, did not fix.”

Nobody’s arguing against changing the healthcare system – they’re arguing against making it worse, which is exactly what will happen if we revert to pre-Obamacare status – or enact the House or Senate GOP bills. Certainly, Obamacare needs fixing. And far better than fixing Obamacare would be a single payer plan. POSITIVE change would be a good thing.

“No one died in the street due to lack of insurance prior to the ACA.”

Not having insurance meant many people had to ignore mild to moderate symptoms of deadly diseases, as you can’t just walk into a hospital’s ER and ask them to give you cancer tests because you’ve noticed some weird bruising on your side. By the time they were experiencing major symptoms that ERs had to test, it was often too late – and even if it wasn’t quite too late, you can’t hang out at hospital’s ER getting cancer treatments for months -- you have to get that from an oncologist, who wants insurance or cash upfront. Health insurance was a major game changer for people in those positions – it literally saved their lives, and they’ve said so many times to the faces of those GOP congresspeople trying to take Medicaid and subsidies away from them.

“We go back to the programs for truly can't do better than poor, elderly and invalid.”

“Poor” is where the problem is. The original Medicaid definition of “poor” did not cover the vast majority of the working poor, plus many states refused to make any able-bodied childless adults eligible, regardless of their poverty or work status. I worked in the theater industry for many years (as a weekend job – I had health insurance through my weekday job). Many of the older (that is, non-teen/college kids) employees, including managers, worked 40-50 hours a week at those theaters, but most of the companies I worked for did not offer a health insurance plan (and didn’t have to – even after Obamacare was implemented, the last one I worked at didn’t have to because it was a small company with less than 50 employees… although the owner actually had far more than 50 employees, but in anticipation of Obamacare, he broke his business up into several smaller units that were less than 50 employees each to get around that requirement). They barely made minimum wage (even the managers) and most lived paycheck-to-paycheck, with barely enough to cover rent, utilities, car payments, car insurance (which is required by law) and food. An individual health insurance policy for these people before Obamacare would have put them deep into the negative. So they all just about went without. And these were HEALTHY people, mostly without pre-existing conditions. Heck, even now, I have a friend who has a wife and a child and a half-decent blue collar job, and he doesn’t have health insurance – he bought it for his wife and child and decided he didn’t have enough money for himself left over (and they were above the Medicaid poverty line, which is pretty easy to do in a state that didn’t expand Medicaid). A couple months ago he had a major kidney stone occurrence that required hospitalization and lasers – now he has a 5 figure bill to pay off! And again, both he and his wife work over 50 hours a week, and they only have one kid, and they STILL got put in this predicament because they slipped through the Obamacare cracks in a non-expansion state and his small employer didn’t have to offer insurance plans.

So, Dee, it’s not so cut-and-dried as Obamacare is giving free health insurance to a bunch of lazy jobless bums – in fact, it’s largely not like that at all. And nothing in either the House or Senate bill is going to make life better for the people I mentioned in this post – it’s probably not going to make it worse for them either, but it’s going to make it worse for millions of other people, including Trinity. They will make it better for all the rich people that are being taxed to pay for the subsidies and Medicaid expansion – YAAAAAY! Now they get insurance AND another yacht!
 haplata
Msg: 1273
Posted: 7/11/2017 4:39:09 PM
There is another factor nobody has mentioned. Quality Insurance or Medicare is necessary for adequate medical treatment of course, but there is also the mental stress of not having insurance, especially for those who have medical issues. The fear of where do you turn. When my wife came down with breast cancer at a relatively young age, we had good insurance and drove across state to the best cancer facility in the state...never would have been accepted without insurance. There this wonderful breast cancer surgeon basically set her at ease by telling her how hard he would fight for her. It was a great relief to her..to know a skilled physician was in her corner. That was a decade ago and so far all is well. The point is medical insurance is a security blanket.

The Republican bullshit Is that it is a choice. It's not a choice if insurance is unaffordable and anybody who argues it is, is nothing but the scum of the earth.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 1274
Posted: 7/11/2017 6:27:29 PM
Based On A True Story!

https://i.redd.it/ezf5bnypy19z.jpg
 deetristate
Msg: 1275
Posted: 7/12/2017 3:21:34 AM
"""""
So, Dee, it’s not so cut-and-dried as Obamacare is giving free health insurance to a bunch of lazy jobless bums """"

You are directing that comment to me why?

It is hard to have a conversation with people who take creative license with what I actually say.

You gave more examples of why the health system under Obamacare isn't working.

When someone says "repeal and replace" or "repeal" and the response is

" Noooooooooooo!!!"

that sounds like "keep the system as is." However, now you say that isn't so.
Umm, ok.

What healthcare did people like Trinity have before the ACA?

You could choose catastrophic and pay really low premiums. You could get medicaid or Medicare. You could walk into a place that had to treat you ( unless in a "flight" areas, where I have read they turned undesirables away..)

No. The system wasn't perfect. But you weren't required to buy costly insurance with deductibles so high that you couldn't use the insurance.

( By the way, empty your cache,kj and John)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The biggest threat ever is from Russia because