Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sniper308
Msg: 67
How much of an age difference is too much?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If she wasn't at least on this planet when Armstrong walked the moon, we're not going to relate.

By the way... Neil, not Lance.
 Sniper308
Msg: 69
How much of an age difference is too much?
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:08:13 AM

I find older men SEXY!!!! For some reason, I would love to date someone older.

Any nursing homes in your area?
 ffryan
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2005 9:59:46 AM
9 years isn't bad. I once dated somebody who was 9 years older as well and we really did hit it off great and truly enjoyed each other. It didn't work out for reasons that couldn't have been avoided and had nothing to do with age. I don't think age on its own can determine the fate of a relationship. Just because somebody is young doesn't mean their immature, much like being older doesn't mean they are mature (which a lot of people simply assume). So my answer to your question would be no it's not destined for disaster.
 HB2
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/27/2005 10:03:06 AM
more than 15 yrs
 jackyfrost01
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:32:18 AM
as long as your both legal adults, its no one else's beeswax but yours and thiers
 mhughes875
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/16/2006 3:41:02 PM
its just a number anyway
 crazymoronx
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:57:31 AM
It really depends on how old you are.

If you're 15, the whole "10 year" rule wouldn't work now would it?

I like that age/2 + 7 rule, it's general and works usually, unless you're really old.

Just follow your nose!
 Bandito
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:25:59 AM
No exact rule or science to age differences...it is more about compatability.

I do find now that I am 45 very finicky about things that I look for in what is compatable for me. I look for class, intelligence, independence, well travelled, knows what she likes wants...all these things are usually in someone more mature and close to my age.

If they truely existed in someone 10-20 years my junior, sure why not....look inside yourself to see what is right for you, not what status quo dictates.

Bana-dito
 OneMansQuest
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:45:35 AM
Men's Health magazine listed the following as a guide: For men the minimum age you should consider is your age/2 + 3 years; for women, your age/2 + 7 years. For me the bottom line is, if you share similar interests, have common goals (if you are looking long term), are attracted to each other, and have a great time together, then what else matters?
 Bandito
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:07:36 AM
^^^not to call you out bikebowman but then I have to ask the always asked question? If you have a girlfriend that is younger and so wonderful...why are you here seeking a LTR according to your profile? Seems to me your not happy or your profile is wrong
 Bandito
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:15:35 AM
^^^^you are good to go now
 canadiens
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:07:46 PM
good one! I don't think it matters too much..depends on the person. I have a friend who is very happily married and he is much older than his wife. They are there for each other which is very cool and
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/9/2006 4:22:23 PM
When it's outside of a university? No age difference is too much, apparently, in this widely tolerant society... (learned from personal experience.
 and still single
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:14:46 AM
compatability compatability compatability - doesnt matter the age difference - as long as the youngest person is old enough to realize what he/she is gettig into and that neither person has been lied to in any way
 Electrik1
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:59:58 PM
Smiley you ole COUGAR you!!!!!

Personally 30 to 50 works for me. Ok Ok 20, if she has a great ummmmm.......personality.

Sorry......I just had to LOL
 neomyth69
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/7/2006 4:28:02 PM
I think the maturity of the individuals have to be taken into account. I've met some amazingly mature 18-20 year old persons, and on the other hand have met some amazingly immature 35 year olds.

While there's a certain "creepiness" factor when involving a 40 year old with a 15 year old for example, I think a lot of cases have to be considered on an individual basis.
 honestonly
Msg: 126
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:00:54 PM
as long as the female is reproductively viable ie under 35 and the male is in under 80 the age discrepancy is irrelevant. just repect the female biological clock. we dont want disabled or retarded children.
 CommandHer
Msg: 127
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:28:49 PM
IMHO, there is no such thing as "too much of an age difference." Now I realize that some on here are going to accuse me of having too much of a personal interest in this to be objective. So allow me to explain.

What eartly relevance to anything does the fact that the earth has made however many cirtcuits of its star since you were born? I have seen teenagers wiser than 80 year olds, and I have seen 80 year olds who were more active than teenagers. It's attitude and taking care of yourself physically that make the difference.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2006 9:27:31 PM
I agree with KSue a lot of the guys 10 to 20 years younger are a lot more mature than the guys in their 40's & 50's. So age doesn't matter - what makes you happy does!
 IncarnationD
Msg: 134
Posted: 4/9/2006 10:34:06 PM
I find the only time age difference matters is if they make you ask yourself if they are too young or too old.
 Bandito
Msg: 137
Posted: 4/20/2006 6:39:37 PM
^^^I totally I agree No. 7. I love making jokes using references to TV shows in the 60's/70's and even 80's. I hate getting the blank stares because they were born after the programs were finished and long past syndication. At this point in my life +5/-7 works for me.
 sparticuss
Msg: 140
Posted: 6/30/2006 2:50:35 AM
AT 18 you know you want older men & I agree with ya dear. I was 18 & dating older men. only because boys 18-25 dont mature as we women do...
===============================
They sure don't. Tantrums and sulks are the common signs of immaturity. I've seen both genders throw tantrums age 18 but far far morre common among the females.
When it comes to sulks I've never seen an 18 year old male sulk but I've seen females of the same age sit in one spot and sulk for up to a week.

If pubic hair is a sign of maturity in men then grey hair isthe only sign of maturity in women.
========================

But stop girl! Think~ Have fun dating older men! Just dont expect anything more! The younger boys will become men some day! & when you are in your 40's they will chase ya

======================
Actually, they wont. 40 year old single men are so damaged by a lifetime of females who treat them like dirt, that they don't chase anyone. And those lucky enough to find a woman who doenst treat them like dirt marry them in the early years and stick to them like glue.
 sparticuss
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/30/2006 2:57:38 AM
I suspect that these instances are rather rare, though, as long as the 80 year olds still have all their mental capacities. Personally, I have not seen this.
==================
Angell
Log on to the web site of the Ulysses Motorcycle Club

Very active mob. Junior Membership age 45. Senior Membership age 55. (Junior members have to help senior members with arthritus on and off their bikes.)

Total membership forty thousand plus. Biggest bike club in the world.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/30/2006 5:54:01 AM
I really don't understand all of the threads about age difference. I say if you and the other person are happy, and are adults do what you want to do.

I think it might matter more if you aren't looking for true love, but rather looking to produce children, but I really could not imagine becoming ivolved with or marrying someone just to have children. If you find the true love of your life, wouldn't that be more important than reproducing?
 syn_ap
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/30/2006 7:19:11 AM
A cousin of mine was 17, and she was dating a 42 eyar old man.... They are now married, and have a child... It sort of baffled the rest of our family, since she's a hot young woman, and could have scored any other younger man. But if they are happy, thats all that matters.

The youngest woman I've been interested in has been 7 years younger, and the oldest has been 5 years older.

I used to believe I wanted someone my own age.. but I've dabbled with the older woman thing, and found I wasn't quite ready for what they had in mind (settling down,9-5 job, kids, dog, picket fence house, etc... ) Their biological clocks were ticking, and I was made aware of it... lol. Not quite ready to get into the daddy role.

So younger women are now appealing to me, so far I like it. There's more maturity issues to deal with, but I've met a few really fun girls with their heads on straight but sitll want to have a good time in the world. Haven't found the girl for ME yet though, but such things should not be rushed.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >