Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kollata
Msg: 4401
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 177 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)
Its not over yet... the Dems can still force the issue in three weeks.

Deporting 700K people? How is that possibly going to happen? How many years is this going to take? This will be like Nazi Germany....people will be hiding from the Storm Troopers....you can also expect there is going to be lots of bloodshed... Not all of these people are going to go quietly into the night. So is Homeland security going to turn its attention to DACA rather than worry about Terrorists. Its just not going to happen imho.

Schumer right about now is looking bad. He may act tough in three weeks to salvage his reputation. It ain't over until the Fat lady sings.. the Fat man in the whitehouse is going to have little say over the outcome imho.

Arguably, Trump and his worshippers have already won. The damage they will have done in 2 years to families, race relations, the climate, the environment, civil rights, civil liberties and the world's view of America could take decades to undo.

Yes, he will cause lots of outstanding damage....but face it, he never could have won anyway but for the racist population who voted for him. I don't think there is much dispute about Trumps call to arms from a racist country when he asked to make America Great again. The Media knew what was happening of course, one reason Trump has tried to delegitimize it.
 kollata
Msg: 4402
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 1/23/2018 12:03:05 PM

As much as we all would like to forget him, his mediocre economy and soft on terrorism stance, he is the main reason for ISIS and President Trump.

Double Dole, so sad...so much ignorance.... so much hate.... so little knowledge...so little facts. Read below DD... learn something. SInce you are retired and living on the Dole, you don't have much of an excuse to not put in the effort...unless you are trying to emulate fat, old-man Trump.

https://intpolicydigest.org/2014/10/20/the-rise-of-isis-who-s-to-blame/
 kollata
Msg: 4403
Posted: 1/23/2018 12:25:41 PM
Short excerpt from Stockman today (Yes DD..the guy is brilliant, even more so than your humblebrag self)

Likewise, today the Russell 2000 sits at 1600, which represent a preposterous 135X reported earnings of the small and mid-sized main street companies which comprise the index. Yet the most central bankers can muster in the face of that sheer insanity is that stock prices have become slightly "elevated".

No they haven't. They have shot the moon and then some. And now the indices continue to melt-higher only because the massive sea of reckless liquidity that has been generated by the central banks over the last two decades is financing a level of speculation and momentum based trading---- by carbon and silicon based units alike--- that has no precedent in all of recorded history.

Alas, the present momentum-driven insanity is, mercifully, the last gasp of the Keynesian central baking era. The $22 trillion of central bank credit outstanding is the high water mark. Someday it will be recorded by historians as the turning point in modern economic history when the central banks pivoted to QT under the mistaken conclusion that they had delivered the nirvana of Full Employment to main street.

No they haven't. There are 43 million food stamp recipients, 102 million adults without jobs (of which only 50 million are 65 or older), stagnant real wages, 30% lower real household net worth, and $67 trillion of public and private debt outstanding which all suggest otherwise.

Moreover, the entire edifice of inflated financial assets is predicated on ultra-low interest rates essentially forever and an endless business cycle expansion, world without end.

But that's not going to happen as the central banks move into QT, led by the Fed's plan to dump bonds from its balance sheet at a $600 billion rate come October. And not surprisingly, the bond market is slowly arousing from its slumber owing to that prospect.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4404
Posted: 1/23/2018 12:54:00 PM
Oh well so much for decency...
Good try however how can one expect excellence when nothing close to has ever been on exhibit prior.
The search goes on.

What are you talking about deflecting LL?
Are you not aware of the thread you are in?
Here let me remind you... help you out even.
The thread topic is "What good things has Trump accomplished?
Hence my post about decimating ISIS
I was bang on topic with my post it is you and the others who deflect.
Get your head out of your emoji and read the thread topic.

Always amusing!
 kollata
Msg: 4405
Posted: 1/23/2018 12:57:56 PM

I was bang on topic with my post it is you and the others who deflect.

Perhaps your post was on topic...but it sure would be "decent" of you to use actual facts to make your point...Alternative facts get old.
 kollata
Msg: 4406
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:00:23 PM
More winning....good job Trump:

US drops to 8th on 'best countries' list
© Greg Nash
The U.S. has dropped to eighth place in U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Countries” ranking.

This is the second straight year that the U.S. has dropped in the rankings. In 2017, the U.S. came in 7th place. Switzerland came in at the top spot for the second year in a row.

U.S. News said the drop can be attributed to Trump's unpopularity, with other countries viewing the U.S. as less trustworthy and more politically unstable since he took office.

A Gallup poll recently found that global approval of U.S. leadership sank to its lowest point in nearly two decades during President Trump’s first year in office.
The U.S. has also dropped significantly in the U.S. News rankings of trustworthiness and political stability. The greatest U.S. decline was in rankings of countries having open travel policies, likely related to Trump’s attempts to block visitors to the U.S. via the travel ban.

The publication says the list is based on a survey of more than 21,000 "global citizens" who rank 80 countries in 24 categories, including "cultural influence," "heritage," "adventure" and "quality of life."
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4407
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:16:46 PM
Thats right bang on and here you go with the facts...

"And while the destruction of the ISIS caliphate was a validation of the Obama strategy of working “by, with, and through” partner forces, U.S. commanders gave Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis credit for ending what was largely perceived as micromanagement and overly restrictive rules of engagement under Obama.

“We don't get second-guessed a lot. Our judgment here on the battlefield in the forward areas is trusted. And we don't get 20 questions with every action that happens on the battlefield and every action that we take,” said Lt. Gen. Stephen Townsend when he turned over command of the coalition in September.

“Commanders now don't, aren't constantly calling back to higher headquarters asking for permission,” he said. “They're free to act.”

White House special envoy Brett McGurk, who also served in the same post under Obama, agrees the Trump adjustments accelerated the pace of defeat.

“These delegations of tactical authorities from the president has really made a difference on the ground,” McGurk said in August, “I've seen that with my own eyes.”"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/heres-how-much-ground-isis-has-lost-since-trump-took-over/article/2644137

It was all very simple really just get out of the way and let the commanders fight.
Similar to how he got the economy rolling again by getting the federal gov out of the way through elimination of regulations that were holding the economy back.

Brilliance!
 kollata
Msg: 4408
Posted: 1/23/2018 2:41:28 PM

Similar to how he got the economy rolling again by getting the federal gov out of the way through elimination of regulations that were holding the economy back

You mean those regs that protect our health, water and air and environment . . . . give consumers a fighting chance against the Oligarchy? ..that would have helped to fight climate change? Those regs.... Brilliant? I have another word for it.
 from site to sight
Msg: 4409
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:00:37 PM
^^^Exactly. The booming coal industry has turned the economy around. lol
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4410
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:01:50 PM
The Oligarchy?
So let me get this straight... the regs were sorta like a "draining of the oligarchy swamp" then.

Gee and here I thought they just stymied the economy.
Well then between the Bilderbergs, the Trilateral Commission, the Illuminati and the Lizard People it sure is a good thing that those useless regs were there for protecting.

Hey your real name is not Hanzi is it?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4411
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:04:46 PM
My goodness, there must still be 90,000,000 unemployed Americans, because the labor participation rate is still 62.7%. So much for bring back all those unemployed baby boomers. One would think the LPR should be 64-65% by now with all the economic winning President Trump has claimed.
 kollata
Msg: 4412
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:14:35 PM

Gee and here I thought they just stymied the economy.
Well then between the Bilderbergs, the Trilateral Commission, the Illuminati and the Lizard People it sure is a good thing that those useless regs were there for protecting.

Hey your real name is not Hanzi is it?

I'm pretty sure this is babbling sarcasm... . . comparing regulations that protect people and the environment to nonsensical conspiracy theories..at least I hope it is. So sad... and you think your opinions are worth more than a pitcher of _ _ _ why again? Oh that's right... you are smarter than folks like David Stockman. LOLOL
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 4413
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:20:53 PM

Doubleknotspy7 - Msg: 4422
What are you talking about deflecting LL?
Are you not aware of the thread you are in?

I see you want to join John in the Deflection Hall of Fame. You are now officially the new Deflection King!.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4414
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:32:10 PM
The LPR is not a great indicator as it does not factor in the aging US population.
Baby boomers are simply growing old and retiring.
A better indicator is average hourly earnings and it is definitely on the rise.
That means more money in peoples pockets.
But that goes hand in hand with a better economy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4415
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:44:47 PM
"I guess you forgot the President Obama years. he is the main reason for ISIS"

>>>uh huh, going into Iraq for WMDs that did not exist, planning to hand it over to Ahmad Chalabi, having no backup plan (Rule #1 for military operations, have a backup plan when SHTF) when he didn't show up for work, standing around while Shia killed Sunni, and the Sunni decided to let terrorist groups that evolved into ISIS, yep, that wasn't the main reason at all. Arab Spring in Libya, Syria, and other war zones? yep, Bush had nothing at all to do with that. Obama at least let Hezbollah knock itself out going after ISIS, and the Pentagon under Chump bombed some airport that was open a few hours later..oh, and Chump let the Russians do the fighting.

"President Trump does not think he needs new war-making authority from Congress regarding Syria, even as the U.S. mission there expands beyond the military campaign to wipe out ISIS, a senior administration official told reporters on Tuesday."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wont-seek-new-authority-wider-syria-mission-despite-widening-focus-231108228.html

>>>Wait, the pres doesn't need to ask Congress for permission to go to war? why goodness, where did we hear this one before? But wait...didn't Isolationist Chump say we shouldn't be in Syria?

"While Trump made clear that he was willing to deploy American military power in some instances – “If there’s a problem going on in the world and you can solve the problem” – he continued to question most US interventions, including what he described as an ill-considered Obama administration policy in Syria.
“The United States owes $19tn,” he said. “We have to straighten out our own house. We cannot go around to every country that we’re not exactly happy with and say we’re going to recreate [them].
“It hasn’t worked,” Trump said. “Iraq was going to be a democracy. It’s not gonna work, OK? It’s not gonna work and none of these things will work.”
Referring to Iraq, he said: “We’re nation-building. We can’t do it. We have to build our own nation. We’re nation-building, trying to tell people who have [had] dictators or worse for centuries how to run their own countries.
“Look what’s happened in Iraq. We got rid of Saddam Hussein. I don’t think that was a helpful thing. Iraq is a disaster right now and it’s going to be taken over by Iran and Isis, so I think we have to focus on ourselves. "

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/13/donald-trump-foreign-policy-doctrine-nation-building

"deporting 700K people? how is that possibly going to happen?"

>>>and even better...how much is it GOING TO COST? They have to be caught, processed, warehoused, fed, air conditioned, and finally shipped once their country decides to even accept them (and what if they don't?). Has any Republicant worried about government spending...you kn0w...figured out the price for Operation Wetback 2.0?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

wait until Congress sees the pricetag! wooo, they'll cut the crap, real quick! Good luck getting the deficit hawks on board for this nonsense. if unemployment is really low, then the immigrants aren't taking jobs--otherwise more americans would be unemployed. so much for the Republicant raw meat that immigrants are taking jobs and hurting the working class.
 kollata
Msg: 4416
Posted: 1/23/2018 3:51:08 PM

wait until Congress sees the pricetag! wooo, they'll cut the crap, real quick! Good luck getting the deficit hawks on board for this nonsense.

Except this Congress wants to pay 30 billion for a worthless wall and passed a tax cut that will cost the government another two trillion in debt over the next decade...not to mention its tax cut is speeding up the coming of financial armageddon.

but yep... Congress expects 700,000 aliens to just voluntarily march onto buses for the ride south.

Just google tax cut and recession by the way. Here is one:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-tax-bill-plan-budget-recession-financial-crisis-great-depression-1929-robert-mcelvaine-a8086781.html
 from site to sight
Msg: 4417
Posted: 1/23/2018 4:37:35 PM
"Congress expects 700,000 aliens to just voluntarily march onto buses for the ride south."

I guess Trump wants to have all these people deported before his "beautiful" wall is built, because how are the buses going to get through if there's a huge wall in the way?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4418
Posted: 1/23/2018 6:46:12 PM
"The LPR is not a great indicator as it does not factor in the aging US population.
Baby boomers are simply growing old and retiring.
A better indicator is average hourly earnings and it is definitely on the rise.
That means more money in peoples pockets.
But that goes hand in hand with a better economy."

This is not what you said when you were touting that momentary rise in the LPR to 63% in September. Your words at that time were very gratuitous of the LPR. And I seem to remember your words back in the Obama days about LPR being in the 62-63% range and showing great outrage at the 90,000,000 unemployed. This was 18 months ago and you don't remember? That is unbelievable. No wonder I don't wish to debate with you, you're a liar.

BTW, real wages are up .2% from last year for hourly workers, big whoop

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/realer.nr0.htm
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4419
Posted: 1/23/2018 7:15:19 PM

So, basically, the shutdown was for nothing. McConnell can kind of keep his promise by allowing a DACA-savior plan to be debated and possibly even pass the Senate with bipartisan votes, but the House GOP will treat that bill exactly the same way they treated the 2013 immigration bill:

sure but then they will be going back on their pledge "to address the question of the Dreamers" as they said they would; in short, the Dems handled the shut down the right way....because it would have hurt them in the long run, had it persisted....but what the GOP doesn't like is not having a permanent fix on things, and are kept going on CR's...and this is what the Dems can have some leverage over them....as long as they don't over play it to the point that it hurts their cause...its like keeping someone in a strangle hold, but not tight enough that you cut off blood supply to the brain....The Dems have to "rope a dope" the GOP into tripping themselves up in some way!

too late for the 700,000 deported innocent victims, because you can bet Trump will waste no time rounding them up, since they're the easiest illegal immigrants to find.

how would they deport 700K pple between April & Nov?....yeah, they can deport a few groups of pple at a time, but that would take a century (or more) to get them all out!

If history taught us anything....I don't think that large numbers of Pple (here or anywhere) are gonna passively let themselves be rounded up and shoved into cattle-cars (or whatever equivalent)....without a fight!
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4420
Posted: 1/23/2018 7:51:35 PM
While its flattering that you recall my every post, I doubt I said that last September as I rarely posted last September.
But the context may be there in another time, I am sure you have all my posts posted on your wall try pulling one or two down.

As for President Trump deporting the DACA grownups, that flies in the face of every thing he has said.
FAKE NEWS!
In fact he wants their future written into law unlike President Obama and the Dems.
 Imported_labor
Msg: 4421
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:27:00 AM
The clown wants to reap a profit from the construction of the wall that, according to him, Mexico was going to pay for. Instead of working a deal with Mexico, he now wants to stick the American taxpayers with the bill so he can get a cut for himself. If he truly wanted to have the future of the dreamers written into law he wouldn't be blocking the bipartisan efforts in Congress. He is just using them as leverage to get the funding for a wall that the majority of the people doesn't want.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 4422
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:34:44 AM
^^ Ya OK. Should we impeach him for that one too? Hahahahahaha!!
 deetristate
Msg: 4423
Posted: 1/24/2018 5:49:32 AM
Question for the "let dreamers stay" people:
Illegal immigration will never be,zero
BUT

How do you do that without encouraging more illegal immigration with minor children? Or even those without?
 from site to sight
Msg: 4424
Posted: 1/24/2018 6:32:38 AM
There are measures in place already to discourage people arriving and staying illegally. The illegals are not automatically granted a green card as soon as they arrive-even though that's the perception many Americans have. They have to go through a long process before having a chance of not being shipped back.

There are Mexicans who have sneaked into the U.S., got caught, and deported multiple times. It's worth the risk for them, since the worst thing that can happen is being deported back home. Many Americans are going to say "Throw them in jail when they are caught." First of all, there aren't enough jails to house the thousands that are sneaking over all of the time. Secondly, will the taxpayers be happy, seeing their tax money being used to house and feed the illegals? And how long should they be jailed before being deported?

As far as refugees arriving from some African nation or somewhere else half way around the world-poor refugees are not buying airline tickets to arrive. There is organized crime that's smuggling them. The solution is to go after the criminals who are in the people smuggling business, shut them down, and make penalties harsh enough to discourage the business. Easier said than done though-especially if the refugees are coming from a country with a corrupt government.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4425
Posted: 1/24/2018 6:51:43 AM
"First of all, there aren't enough jails to house the thousands that are sneaking over all of the time. Secondly, will the taxpayers be happy, seeing their tax money being used to house and feed the illegals? And how long should they be jailed before being deported?"

>>>hey, that could be a new employment for cash-strapped Trumpland--after the factories automate and shed jobs, the government can open detention centers. Refugees escaping poverty, come to America for 3 hots and a cot. Or we could invest in s-hole countries, give them a middle class, and then they won't need to risk their lives coming here. Of course, they'll have to become our economic competitors in order to rise up to middle class. or we could keep paying them pennies to build our consumer goods, and we'll continue to wonder what their problem is.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?