Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4426
view profile
History
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 178 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)
“sure but then they will be going back on their pledge ‘to address the question of the Dreamers’ as they said they would”

The only person who made that “pledge” was McConnell – Ryan and all the other GOP House leaders did everything in their power to avoid saying anything until after the Senate CR approval, then Scalise immediately declared no “amnesty” deal would be happening in the House. The majority of House Republicans are immigration hardliners – they would fire Ryan in a Mexican minute if he allowed a vote that allowed DACA recipients to stay legally, much less a path to citizenship. Ryan is apparently sick of his position, so if he had any scruples about him at all, he’d fall on this sword to do the right thing on his way out the door, but despite Ryan being far more likeable than the typical House Republican and willing to call out Trump’s racist and misogynistic behavior, there’s good reason to believe he has a dark heart.

“how would they deport 700K pple between April & Nov?....”

The most difficult and time-consuming aspects of deporting illegal immigrants are finding them and proving through the legal process that they are illegal. The government already knows exactly where all 700,000 of them are and that they are illegal, because they filled out paperwork saying so. On March 5, they will quickly go from being the least endangered illegal immigrants to the most endangered. That said, they won’t all fall into that status immediately because their renewals were staggered, so 700k was a bit of an exaggeration. But with the entire Trump administration including Sessions, Kelly and Nielsen being hardliners, you seriously think they aren’t going to immediately start deporting processes on the first ones up if there’s no law preventing it? On a related matter...

“As for President Trump deporting the DACA grownups, that flies in the face of every thing he has said.”

Trump has said MANY different things about DACA over the past 2 years:

http://time.com/4927100/donald-trump-daca-past-statements/

But it’s important to point out that besides his own contradictory statements on the matter, he’s made almost no attempt to stop his cabinet members from doing whatever it is they want to do. Case in point: he’s letting Sessions run wild on marijuana, which as far as we can tell Trump couldn’t care less about. And currently, ICE is capturing and deporting otherwise law-abiding Dreamers not covered by DACA (because they were too old or in rare cases young). Why in the world would you believe being a DACA recipient would make any difference, once DACA no longer exists? Heck, they’ve actually deported some DACA recipients for minor misdemeanors or otherwise violating DACA requirements, including missing deadlines (sometimes because of mail issues that weren’t excepted).

And of course, my most important argument, as stated by Representative Jerry Nadler yesterday: Trump is a known liar. THOUSANDS of proven lies. Some of them even YOU will admit are lies. Him claiming at a couple points over the past year that he wants to save DACA recipients from deportation is as meaningless as him claiming he had the biggest electoral college win since Reagan during his first press conference.

I will say this to both of you: I wish to be wrong about this – I hope that we can return to this thread in a few months and you’ll say “Told you so!” to me and I’ll be a sheepish “Well, who saw THIS factor coming?” But the overwhelming evidence is in favor of that not being the case.

“How do you do that without encouraging more illegal immigration with minor children? Or even those without?”

Honestly, post-DACA law strict enforcement is pretty much it. We can argue until the cows come home about employment matters and e-Verify and all that stuff, but with kids it’s pretty simple: make new school enrollees with non-USA birth certificates prove they are here legally. If not, send them back where they came from. If for some reason parents of new minor illegal immigrants choose not to enroll their children in school because of that, shame on them. Of course, that’s really just for those sneaking across the border. Much more complicated are the cases of legal immigrants overstaying their visas, but it’s probably time to get a little tougher on that category and start keeping better track of them, and as soon as they become illegal, kick them out. The problem are the ones who bring 2 year-olds here and then it’s 10-15 years later before anyone notices or cares that they’ve overstayed their visa, because at that point, those kids are American and America is all they know. I mean, we just approved a new FISA, right? At this point we really shouldn’t be losing track of any long term visitors on this soil. Most of the adults currently in a DACA mess came here in the 90s before modern technology. I feel like there are currently lots of points to nip illegal immigration in the bud, without having to build a stupid wall that blocks the view I had of Mexico from the United States when I was in Texas and New Mexico a couple years ago.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4427
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 1/24/2018 8:41:31 AM
"While its flattering that you recall my every post, I doubt I said that last September as I rarely posted last September."

This post is the type I reference as this posters modis operandi. It is disingenuous and untruthful. He knows that LPR's lag, and that Septembers rate isn't posted until sometime during the next month. His post about September's LPR was in relation to the President's dramatic achievements in increasing the LPR in spite of Houston flooding. Now his claim is (one that's been often made by progressive's-stating supporting facts-and one that the poster vehemently denied in the past during the Obama administration) the low LPR is due to baby-boomers. That only took 9 years for him to admit.

"But the context may be there in another time, I am sure you have all my posts posted on your wall try pulling one or two down"

This self-aggrandizement the poster does, reflects that of another, which is so bizarre as to be pathological in nature.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4428
Posted: 1/24/2018 8:50:04 AM

we just approved a new FISA, right? At this point we really shouldn’t be losing track of any long term visitors on this soil. Most of the adults currently in a DACA mess came here in the 90s before modern technology.

How do you prevent somebody (who comes here to visit a friend or relative) from overstaying their Visa?
especially when it was their intention to do so from the start...and provisions get made to "disappear" into society once the Visa expires...to work underground, "off the books", etc. One way might be to go after the employers but the GOP has never wanted to do that!

About 50% of all illegals are here by the above ^ means....a wall won't do much, as illegal immigration has already died down on the southern border............now if somebody was dead set on coming thru the borders, then they could always go to Canada and then sneak in (as many Euro illegals have been doing)...so do we build a wall on the Canadian border?

But with the entire Trump administration including Sessions, Kelly and Nielsen being hardliners, you seriously think they aren’t going to immediately start deporting processes on the first ones up if there’s no law preventing it? On a related matter...

I'd still like to see how all this is gonna play out!
Do they all get put on trains, cattle cars, buses?
and taken where?

Is mexico (etc), just gonna take them all back based on the paper-work we give them? All at once?...and put them where? If I was in the Mexican leadership, I would say "you should have sent them back, at the time they came in"

In a way, I wish that Trump would actually try to do this, because it would create severe discord within the GOP and more disdain toward his WH & GOP by the voters.........who, by majority, want DACA finalized for these kids.
 kollata
Msg: 4429
Posted: 1/24/2018 9:14:59 AM
^^^^^You may be right and if you are, the US under Trump has turned into one of the most amoral countries in the world, not to mention it is economically cutting off its nose to spite its face by expelling some of its more productive, taxpaying members. It's like the evil emanating from Trump infects everything in trumps sphere of influence. I for one can no longer be proud of being American on the face of our despot leader and congress.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4430
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2018 11:11:16 AM
Wild card I forgot to mention:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/370248-supreme-court-agrees-to-expedite-trump-administrations-daca-appeal

If the Supreme Court rules DACA illegal (which seems likely considering they would have ruled its counterpart for illegal parents of American-born children illegal except they were missing Scalia/Gorsuch at the time and ended up in a 4-4 tie) before there is DACA legislation, all 700k DACA recipients will suddenly lose protection at once. It is interesting that Trump is continuing to pursue this route, which is basically him talking out both sides of his mouth. I suppose the idea is to prevent a future DACA from happening with a different president, but it's just bad optics and bad timing (although, arguably, it's the only good timing, because the Supreme Court is not well known for ruling on cases that no longer have any meaning, so if they don't hear arguments before March 5, then what is the point in their view).

"I'd still like to see how all this is gonna play out! Do they all get put on trains, cattle cars, buses? and taken where?"

Obviously, another factor that's going to keep 700,000 from being deported at once or even by November is that they will clog up the court systems fighting to stay, possibly until Trump is out of office, since the immigration court system is already so backed up. They will mostly ultimately lose, but courts are usually required to examine each and every individual case and they can't all be lumped into one pile just because they are all DACA recipients. But it's difficult to imagine Sessions and Nielsen not getting the ball rolling as quickly as possible. So, yeah, it's hyperbole on my part that all 700,000 will be deported by November -- most will still be here whether they're fighting through the court systems or hiding in the mountains. But it'll only take a few being recorded dragged out of their homes by ICE away from family and friends to create a public relations crisis from which the GOP cannot recover. Unfortunately, that's still going to sacrifice some of them.

"How do you prevent somebody (who comes here to visit a friend or relative) from overstaying their Visa?"

I'm really not entirely sure but Big Brother can accomplish almost anything when he sets his mind to it. Perhaps holding the Americans they're visiting responsible and constantly checking in on and threatening them if they disappear?

On a completely unrelated-to-immigration matter but yet another thing Trump has (indirectly) accomplished:

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/370417-alabama-state-house-votes-to-end-special-elections

"Clouse told the Advertiser the bill was about saving the state money and has 'nothing to do' with the candidates in the December special election, which saw Sen. Doug Jones (D) defeat Republican Roy Moore in a stunning upset."

I don't believe legislator Clouse one iota, but I do agree with him doing what he's doing, because calling a special election instead of just waiting until the next election (of any kind, not necessarily that particular senator class election) to vote on a new senator just makes sense (financial and otherwise) and is how most states do it anyway. But there is no way this is not a reaction to Jones taking away a GOP seat (even though supposedly Clouse had introduced this bill previously prior to the special election, but no one paid much attention to it). This is a rare case of doing the right thing for the wrong reason.
 deetristate
Msg: 4431
Posted: 1/24/2018 11:13:13 AM
Hey, Double.

Even yahoo, while trying really hard to make it a negative, published a list of all the bonuses and wage increases, etc., that the companies say are in response to the tax bill.

End chain migration, give the money requested for border security, add everify to I-9 requirements and provide money for more raids on known employers of illegals and a hotline,

the very limited original daca people but not their parents, can stay but they can never vote, or become citizens or have a federal government job or hold a public office. And they cannot bring in any relatives. They have to stand in line. And there can never be an expansion of daca and you cannot sue to claim that you qualify for daca.

Never gonna happen.

Otherwuse, just,stop treating them like lawful residents. They will mostly trickle away. Self deportation through employment methods. Especially the parents.

A couple of years ago even Mother Jones had an article basically saying how practical it is, self deportation.

And, yeah, send back all those overstaying visa Russians and Indians and Estonians and Nigerians and Chinese. And close those anchor baby hotels in California.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4432
Posted: 1/24/2018 11:51:42 AM
So which post was it?
Which thread which number?
If I did I will admit it.
Tell us which post so I can go back and review.
I am glad you keep track of my every word though.

The list is growing dee and will continue to as profits roll in for companies.
Companies want to grow and that means new jobs and competition for workers.
Competition is the best factor for raising wages.
Artificial minimum wages are a job killer.
 kollata
Msg: 4433
Posted: 1/24/2018 12:05:44 PM
""""Artificial minimum wages are a job killer."""

Typical racist white trash bull. We don't want to kill the golden goose, so come up with an excuse to pay slave wages. No wonder they turn to selling drugs....white America supported by white trash, does everything it can to keep them working under slave like conditions. Even white trash living on the Canadian dole needs to pipe in to stick up for white American trash.

Guess nobody convinced Henry Ford to pay slave wages though.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4434
Posted: 1/24/2018 12:26:08 PM
"So which post was it?
Which thread which number?
If I did I will admit it."

You cannot remember what you wrote at the end of November? My my, that is hard to believe.

I'll just repost my commentary to you:

""The 8 year record show a full 4 points of decline."

That's nice, but let me give you the explanation for that decline. The oldest baby boomers started to retire in 2011. I'll even help you understand this by providing you with a few links:

"As the year 2011 began on Jan. 1, the oldest members of the Baby Boom generation celebrated their 65th birthday. In fact, on that day, today, and for every day for the next 19 years, 10,000 baby boomers will reach age 65."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2010/12/29/baby-boomers-retire/
https://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/articles/2014/06/16/the-youngest-baby-boomers-turn-50

As to the labor participation rate, when one compares 2016 to 2017, there is no statistical significance. Even when we look at your cherry picked month of September 2017 @ 63.1@ it is no statistical significance between the 62.9% rate from the same month in 2016. Because if that were the case then October 2017 having a lower participation rate to 2016 would be alarming to someone like you. It would have you racing to your retirement plan and cashing out. (But, that is another issue.)"

And your reply:

"ok Toot so lets assume the steady decline under Obama is as you say?
How do you explain the rise after Trump?
Care to bet where it is going next 12 months under the Trump Economic Plan Boom?
We will continue to watch.
Why would I run to cash in when I see an economic boom happening right in front of my statistic watching eyes.
Labour Participation Rate Rising, GDP Rising , Consumer Confidence
Rising , Manufacturing Rising, Business Confidence Rising, Stock Market Rising
A one month fluctuation after 2 hurricanes does not scare me in the least.
Knowing that tax reform and cuts are on the way just tells me that all those indicators will only improve.
The US economy is ready to soar again and that is good for Canada.
Winning Is Kryptonite To Trump Haters!"

You want the post# and thread, go look for it, it's there for all to see what type of liar you really are.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4435
Well, he sent dollar's value down to 3 year low
Posted: 1/24/2018 1:29:42 PM
"The U.S. dollar fell on Thursday as traders piled into the euro, yen, sterling and other major currencies, prompted by concerns over a possible U.S. government shutdown as lawmakers struggled to cobble together a federal budget deal. "
"The dollar has fallen since 2017 largely on expectations central banks besides the Federal Reserve are seeking to end their policy of ultra low, even negative, rates that they adopted to combat the 2008 global financial crisis and the recession that followed. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-global-forex/dollar-slips-on-jitters-over-possible-u-s-government-shutdown-idUSKBN1F6063

"The value of the U.S. dollar fell to a three-year low on Wednesday after Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said a weak dollar has trade advantages."

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/01/24/Value-of-US-dollar-sinks-to-3-year-low-after-Mnuchin-comments/8531516813918/

>>>Doublebubble will be here, any second now, to praise Chump for what he's accomplished...as he always tries to do.

Happy Devalued Dollar Day, Double!

and, hey, lets cheer Chump's attempt to kill the fastest American job sector, too!

"The solar industry has been growing at an annual rate of nearly 68 percent, putting somewhere between 260,000–374,000 Americans to work across the country. “Solar installer” is set to be the fastest-growing job in the U.S. for the next decade. With the cost of solar dropping nearly 70 percent since 2010, the industry has made incredible strides in the effort to expand, and solar no longer seems like a niche avenue for the environmentally concerned to meet their electricity needs. But now, there are strong fears the tariff is going to put this kind of growth to a screeching halt and lead to massive layoffs across the industry. At least 23,000 jobs could be lost this year alone according to the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) and tens of thousands of more later on. "

https://slate.com/technology/2018/01/trumps-solar-panel-tariff-will-kill-more-jobs-than-it-can-create.html
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4436
Posted: 1/24/2018 1:59:16 PM
Ya, I don't remember what I wrote back in November and you don't remember what you wrote yesterday because yesterday you said it was September.

Find something a little more important to obsess over.
Now you can put my post back up on your wall and dream about me some more.

Now for something a little more relevant...

As for people not caring about the missing 5 months of emails i would bet its a bout the same number as care about the Russian Collusion conspiracy.... funny you don't hear much about that anymore.
And then this;

Starbucks (SBUX) became the latest company to increase wages and enact other perks for more than 150,000 U.S. employees as a direct result of recent tax reform, joining other corporations in rewarding workers.

The Seattle-based coffee chain said on Wednesday it will give all of its U.S.-based hourly and salaried workers an unspecified raise in April, in addition to a wage increase already dispersed earlier in the Starbucks’ fiscal year, which began last October. Starbucks says it is investing roughly $120 million in the wage increases.

Starbucks is also awarding workers stock grants worth a total of more than $100 million to those employed by the chain as of Jan. 1, 2018. Retail employees will receive at least a $500 grant, while store managers will receive grants of $2,000, the chain said.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018/01/24/tax-reform-windfall-these-companies-are-hiking-pay-delivering-bonuses.html

WOW imagine that a Chump can create so much goodwill and windfall for so many Americans.
If he's a chump and a President what does it make the guy in here?
Hmmm....Things that make you go Hmm...
 kollata
Msg: 4437
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:13:48 PM
You will get the below GT. This is from Peter Schiff....who is a perpetual doomsdayer selling fear.. I agree... but the question is, does his opinion below make sense:

The important thing, is if you look at what’s happening in the dollar, for example, last year was the first year in five years that the dollar went down and it was the biggest decline in 14 years. We has the biggest drop against the Chinese Yuan in nine years, and in fact, I think this year we’re gonna fall to an all time record low against the Yuan. I think we’re gonna hit record lows against other major currencies like Euro and the Yen maybe by 2019 or 2020.”

Jones then asks Schiff what Trump is supposed to do to stop the crash. Schiff says there’s nothing he can do. It’s set up to crash so the United States will end up with a left-of-socialist dictator such as Bernie Sanders as the next president.

“He [Trump] campaigned and said it [the stock market] was a bubble. It wasn’t his bubble. Now it’s his bubble; that’s the problem. But if he would have said ‘it’s a bubble and it’s going down,’ it wouldn’t have been his fault. Because part of the cure for the economy is deflating these bubbles. It has to be done. Someone has to rip this bandaid off and he was elected to do it.”

Jones then asks Shiff to walk him through what an economic implosion would look like.

“Here’s how it’s gonna go down. So, what’s gonna happen is interest rates are gonna keep rising, commodity prices are gonna keep rising, the dollar’s gonna keep falling, so you’re gonna start to see pick-ups in the official inflation rate. And so, rising consumer prices and rising interest rates are gonna start to be a powerful headwind for the economy because Americans are gonna be spending a lot more money on basic necessities, if they have an adjustable rate mortgage…costs are going up. Credit card debt, auto loans, all this cheap money is gonna be gradually going away and the economy is going to be weakening. And as the economy is weakening, unemployment is gonna start to pick up. Now the Fed is gonna see this. The Fed is gonna see the economy slowing down, and if they continue to raise rates, it will go into recession. Now, that’s better than the alternative.

But, the alternative, if the Federal Reserve decides that they want to prevent a recession or maybe fight off a recession if it happens and they don’t recognize it in time, if they wanna prop up the stock market, then what they have to do is call off the rate hikes. In fact, I think that they have to go back to zero, they have to launch QE4 in order to keep interest rates from really spiking and to prop up the market, but that will set off a currency crisis. The dollar will plunge, not just make new lows. That will set of an economic crisis that’s far worse than the financial crisis or the recession that we are trying to avoid.”

Schiff then says the problem is also unfunded liabilities such as social security and Medicare. He says that China doesn’t have any of those. The Chinese rely on themselves, have disposable income, and save 30% of their income and taxes are almost nothing to keep businesses booming. While Americans pay a lot of taxes, save only 3%, live paycheck to paycheck, and rely on the deeply indebted government. Becoming self-reliant and preparing yourself for this crash will give you a hand up in during the dollar’s collapse.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4438
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:34:09 PM
" don't remember what I wrote back in November and you don't remember what you wrote yesterday because yesterday you said it was September."

English must be your second language, or your parents should ask for a tax refund on that public schooling you received. The September labor rate of 63% does not reflect in any way when you made your claims.

"This is not what you said when you were touting that momentary rise in the LPR to 63% in September. "

I believe I'm done giving English lessons now.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4439
Posted: 1/24/2018 2:55:35 PM
On the campaign trail, Chump said his plan for the deficit was to default, like he did on his own debts, and pay back pennies on the dollar. Which just raises future borrowing costs. Some adult whispered in his ear about that nonsense, and Chump corrected it to say, wait, we print money, right? we'll just inflate our way out of the debt!

http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/11/the-media-missed-donald-trumps-point-about-u-s-debt/

I wonder if Peter Schiff might have remembered this.

Munchkin said, at Davos today, that a weak dollar is great for exporting product. If you sell cheap crap, then that's true. If you sell valuable product, then you want to maintain its value, not try to hock it at WalMart for Rockafellar's descendants to buy (tho even WalMart is moving upmarket, a sign the middle class is shrinking).

www.businessinsider.com/walmart-invests-as-american-middle-class-shrinks-2017-3

Interest rates go up, solar cell prices are raised by tariff, moving expenses and mortgage deductions are getting curtailed so Chump can give himself a tax break...we'll see what this does to the construction industry. And we export a lot of fracked oil...what happens to its price when the dollar it sells in, is weakened?

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/weak-dollar-us-petroleum-reserves-behind-strong-oil-price

if oil jumps past $60 a barrel, does that help the cost of producing items to sell? the cost of fertilizer this spring? What does it do to sales of cars and trucks that use a lot of gas (hint, we import most of our fuel efficient vehicles. some from Mexico, and Chump wants to charge a tariff on them, too, to pay for the wall).

we'll see how it goes. the point is, there is no silver bullet. its all a zero sum game. and the Trumpanzees refuse to see that.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4440
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:14:06 PM
toot, so let me get this straight I supposedly said this in September but maybe not since it might have been in November or perhaps I said it also years ago during President Obamas administration.
toot, do you even know what day today is?

Also I did not not go to public school, all my schooling was private and then university.
You know it would be easier if you just came right out and asked me straight up if I could send you an autographed poster for your wall.

But in order to humour you, when you figure out what day hell if you could just pinpoint the year I said it please send me the post numbers and I will gladly then send you a poster for your wall as a prize.
But why are you so obsessed with my posts from over a year ago?
As for you giving English lessons perhaps you should learn to spell first.
Just what is
momentary rise
?

Please do not take offence to anything I have said as I am just trying hard here to understand a fan.... albeit a little overly obsessed fan but a fan no less.

Happy Hunting!

But I digress...

BNY Mellon

"Starting on March 1, Bank of New York Mellon Corp. will raise minimum wage to $15 per hour for roughly 1,000 of its 52,500 employees, the Wall Street Journal reported.

BNY Mellon executives noted the new tax code will allow for savings of roughly $250 million per year, which will be used on technology upgrades."

It's becoming a trend!
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4441
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:27:52 PM
" so let me get this straight "

Sorry, English lessons are over. But I do see that all the other progressives are attempting to give you lessons in morals and ethics with the same results I've achieved. Sometimes a rock is just a rock, and you can't teach a rock.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4442
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:32:20 PM
lol- sure they are.
So you don't know when these posts were made?
toot, should I get a bodyguard?

Trending...

Boeing

The aerospace and defense company immediately announced $300 million in investments after the bill passed, with $100 million toward corporate giving including employee gift-match programs, $100 million toward workforce development, training and education and $100 million toward enhancing Boeing’s workplaces.

"On behalf of all of our stakeholders, we applaud and thank Congress and the administration for their leadership in seizing this opportunity to unleash economic energy in the United States," Boeing (BA) President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg said in a statement. "It's the single-most important thing we can do to drive innovation, support quality jobs and accelerate capital investment in our country."
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4443
Posted: 1/24/2018 3:37:49 PM
"So you don't know when these posts were made?"

I know exactly when and where they were posted. Are you denying you made the posts?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 kollata
Msg: 4444
Posted: 1/24/2018 4:04:51 PM
JOHN PAVLOVITZ
Stuff That Needs To Be Said

White Evangelicals, This is Why People Are Through With You
JANUARY 24, 2018 / JOHN PAVLOVITZ

Dear White Evangelicals,

I need to tell you something: People have had it with you.

They’re done.

They want nothing to do with you any longer, and here’s why:

They see your hypocrisy, your inconsistency, your incredibly selective mercy, and your thinly veiled supremacy.

For eight years they watched you relentlessly demonize a black President; a man faithfully married for 26 years; a doting father and husband without a hint of moral scandal or the slightest whiff of infidelity. They watched you deny his personal faith convictions, argue his birthplace, and assail his character—all without cause or evidence. They saw you brandish Scriptures to malign him and use the laziest of racial stereotypes in criticizing him.

And through it all, Christians—you never once suggested that God placed him where he was,
you never publicly offered prayers for him and his family,
you never welcomed him to your Christian Universities,
you never gave him the benefit of the doubt in any instance,
you never spoke of offering him forgiveness or mercy,
your evangelists never publicly thanked God for his leadership,
your pastors never took to the pulpit to offer solidarity with him,
you never made any effort to affirm his humanity or show the love of Jesus to him in any quantifiable measure.

You violently opposed him at every single turn—without offering a single ounce of the grace you claim the heart of your faith tradition. You jettisoned Jesus as you dispensed damnation on him.

And yet today, you openly give a “mulligan” to a white Republican man so riddled with depravity, so littered with extramarital affairs, so unapologetically vile, with such a vast resume of moral filth—that the mind boggles.

MonumetricADVERTISE WITH USREPORT THIS AD
And the change in you is unmistakable. It has been an astonishing conversion to behold.

With him, you suddenly find religion.
With him, you’re now willing to offer full absolution.
With him, all is forgiven without repentance or admission.
With him you’re suddenly able to see some invisible, deeply buried heart.
With him, sin has become unimportant, compassion no longer a requirement.
With him, you see only Providence.

And white Evangelical, all those people who have had it with you—see it all clearly.

They recognize the toxic source of your duality.

They see that pigmentation and party are your sole religion.
They see that you aren’t interested in perpetuating the love of God or emulating the heart of Jesus.
They see that you aren’t burdened to love the least, or to be agents of compassion, or to care for your Muslim, gay, African, female, or poor neighbors as yourself.
They see that all you’re really interested in doing, is making a God in your own ivory image and demanding that the world bow down to it.
They recognize this all about white, Republican Jesus, not dark-skinned Jesus of Nazareth.

MonumetricADVERTISE WITH USREPORT THIS AD
And I know you don’t realize it, but you’re digging your own grave in these days; the grave of your very faith tradition.

Your willingness to align yourself with cruelty is a costly marriage. Yes, you’ve gained a Supreme Court seat, a few months with the Presidency as a mouthpiece, and the cheap high of temporary power—but you’ve lost a whole lot more.

You’ve lost an audience with millions of wise, decent, good-hearted, faithful people with eyes to see this ugliness.
You’ve lost any moral high ground or spiritual authority with a generation.
You’ve lost any semblance of Christlikeness.
You’ve lost the plot.
And most of all you’ve lost your soul.

I know it’s likely you’ll dismiss these words. The fact that you’ve even made your bed with such malevolence, shows how far gone you are and how insulated you are from the reality in front of you.

But I had to at least try and reach you. It’s what Jesus would do.

Maybe you need to read what he said again—if he still matters to you.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4445
Posted: 1/24/2018 4:12:18 PM
No toot, as I said earlier I don't recall my every post especially ones made that long ago.
Since you, my biggest fan, can't seem to get it straight as to when they were posted I'm not losing any sleep.
But by all means please keep looking for the dates.

It's good to have fans!
btw... Your spelling is getting better.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Comcast

The Philadelphia-based telecom corporation said it would award $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 non-executive employees. In addition, Comcast (CMCSA) NBC Universal Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts said the company plans to spend more than $50 billion in the next five years on infrastructure investments that are expected to create "thousands of new direct and indirect jobs."

In a press release, Comcast said the initiatives were "based on the passage of tax reform and the FCC's action on broadband."
 kollata
Msg: 4446
Posted: 1/24/2018 4:35:41 PM
The impact of the tax cut still far beyond you DD. It's terrible for the deficits and the economy, and benefits the rich far more than the less rich. The fact a few bonuses to a few people irrelevant compared to the harm caused. So sad.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4447
Posted: 1/24/2018 5:47:39 PM
Meanwhile more seriously...

Fifth Third Bancorp

The Cincinnati-based banking corporation said it would raise the minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15 per hour and dispense $1,000 bonuses for more than 13,500 workers. The company says tax reform was directly responsible for the initiatives.

“It is good for our communities, employees and Fifth Third Bank (FITB),” Fifth Third President and CEO Greg Carmichael said.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 4448
Posted: 1/24/2018 6:30:49 PM

Msg: 4459
I do see that all the other progressives are attempting to give you lessons in morals and ethics with the same results I've achieved. Sometimes a rock is just a rock, and you can't teach a rock.

You can try to lead a horse to water.....(but you can't "make" it stop being an orange kool-aid drinker). You are trying to debate an insecure person, egomaniacs and insecure people always have to have the last word.

What good things has Trump accomplished?....

MAGA: Making America Pay Stormy Daniels Again.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4449
Posted: 1/24/2018 7:01:26 PM
But I love you LL even with your immature emojis.

But back to the thread title...

Walt Disney Co. said it will give employees a one-time cash bonus of $1,000, joining a growing list of companies handing out awards in the wake of federal tax reform.

About 125,000 U.S. employees will be eligible, the company said Tuesday in a statement, putting the cost at $125 million. Disney also plans to put $50 million into a fund to help hourly employees with tuition costs and plans to provide as much as $25 million annually for that purpose afterward.
 from site to sight
Msg: 4450
Posted: 1/25/2018 3:01:02 AM
Toys R Us has declared bankruptcy and is closing 182 stores. Is that also due to Trump's tax reform?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?