Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 4526
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 182 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)

"Stalin never started a war in the name of Atheism"
Do you think that matters to the 20million he killed.

it matters in this conversation since Stalin didn't start a war in the name of Atheism ..

Posted By: Doubleknotspy7
btw there is only one "Holocaust" and it was not started by religion.

actually there have been holocausts throughout history ....it's called "genocide"... took place here in American ...even happened in Canada

I don't recall Hitler saying God gave it to him when he invaded, Czechoslovakia, Austria, Poland, Denmark, Norway...

I recall Nazis sporting Christian symbols ..Iron Cross etc. ...and the majority of Germans were Christian ...Onward Christian soldiers marching as to War ....so yes....God gave that invaded land to Hitler

The American Civil war-Southern expansion into new territory and those new states allowing slavery

"allowed"?....slavery isn't allowed ...slavery are people "forced" into servitude under a Tyrannical government ...

What do the Palestinians want ... A HomeLand?
What did the Jews want... A HomeLand?

the land god supposedly gave them

All People Are Dreamers!

in dreams nightmares become reality ... funches 3:16

Posted By: deetristate
You do not mind that infrastructure is crumbling.

since Trump's "campaign promise" was to make Mexico pay for the wall that frees up the $25 billion to fix the infrastructure ..but you rather argue instead of admitting that Trump lied
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4527
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 1/31/2018 5:09:39 PM
dee you are so right they are all about land religion just clouds the issues.

Actually there has only been one Holocaust. The Holocaust was a specific event in history.
One genocide was a Holocaust but not all genocides are The Holocaust.
You need to study history.
Go read some history then get back to me.

The Germans had an Iron Cross yes and Stalin was an Atheist so by all your reasoning all 20 million he killed were in the name of Atheism.

Please read a history book regarding the Civil War and the southern states desire to expand their cotton plantations via the western territories. The union was balanced for the most part by an equal division between non slave states (those that bared slavery) and slave states (those that allowed) slavery. Read about the Missouri Compromise and the Louisiana Purchase as the starting points for what later turned into the Civil War.

Your knowledge of history is certainly a nightmare.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4528
Posted: 1/31/2018 5:17:25 PM
Seven million died in the 'forgotten' holocaust
By ERIC MARGOLIS -- Contributing Foreign Editor Toronto Sun
Five years ago, I wrote about the unknown Holocaust in Ukraine. I was shocked to receive a flood of mail from young Americans and Canadians of Ukrainian descent telling me that until they read my column, they knew nothing of the 1932-33 genocide in which Josef Stalin's Soviet regime murdered seven million Ukrainians and sent two million more to concentration camps.

How, I wondered, could such historical amnesia afflict so many? For Jews and Armenians, the genocides their people suffered are vivid, living memories that influence their daily lives. Yet today, on the 70th anniversary of the destruction of a quarter of Ukraine's population, this titanic crime has almost vanished into history's black hole.

So has the extermination of the Don Cossacks by the communists in the 1920s, the Volga Germans in 1941 and mass executions and deportations to concentration camps of Lithuanians, Latvians, Estonians and Poles. At the end of World War II, Stalin's gulag held 5.5 million prisoners, 23% of them Ukrainians and 6% Baltic peoples.

Almost unknown is the genocide of two million of the USSR's Muslim peoples: Chechens, Ingush, Crimean Tatars, Tajiks, Bashkirs and Kazaks. The Chechen independence fighters who today are branded as "terrorists" by the U.S. and Russia are the grandchildren of survivors of Soviet concentration camps.

Add to this list of forgotten atrocities the murder in Eastern Europe from 1945-47 of at least two million ethnic Germans, mostly women and children, and the violent expulsion of 15 million more Germans, during which two million German girls and women were raped.

Among these monstrous crimes, Ukraine stands out as the worst in terms of numbers. Stalin declared war on his own people in 1932, sending Commissars V. Molotov and Lazar Kaganovitch and NKVD secret police chief Genrikh Yagoda to crush the resistance of Ukrainian farmers to forced collectivization.

Ukraine was sealed off. All food supplies and livestock were confiscated. NKVD death squads executed "anti-party elements." Furious that insufficient Ukrainians were being shot, Kaganovitch - virtually the Soviet Union's Adolf Eichmann - set a quota of 10,000 executions a week. Eighty percent of Ukrainian intellectuals were shot.

During the bitter winter of 1932-33, 25,000 Ukrainians per day were being shot or died of starvation and cold. Cannibalism became common. Ukraine, writes historian Robert Conquest, looked like a giant version of the future Bergen-Belsen death camp.

The mass murder of seven million Ukrainians, three million of them children, and deportation to the gulag of two million more (where most died) was hidden by Soviet propaganda. Pro-communist westerners, like The New York Times' Walter Duranty, British writers Sidney and Beatrice Webb and French Prime Minister Edouard Herriot, toured Ukraine, denied reports of genocide, and applauded what they called Soviet "agrarian reform." Those who spoke out against the genocide were branded "fascist agents."

The U.S., British, and Canadian governments, however, were well aware of the genocide, but closed their eyes, even blocking aid groups from going to Ukraine.

The only European leaders to raise a cry over Soviet industrialized murder were, ironically and for their own cynical and self-serving reasons, Hitler and Italian dictator Benito Mussolini.

Because Kaganovitch, Yagoda and some other senior Communist party and NKVD officials were Jewish, Hitler's absurd claim that communism was a Jewish plot to destroy Christian civilization became widely believed across a fearful Europe.

When war came, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt and British PM Winston Churchill allied themselves closely to Stalin, though they were well aware his regime had murdered at least 30 million people long before Hitler's extermination of Jews and gypsies began. Yet in the strange moral calculus of mass murder, only Germans were guilty.

Though Stalin murdered three times more people than Hitler, to Roosevelt he remained "Uncle Joe."

The British-U.S. alliance with Stalin made them his partners in crime. Roosevelt and Churchill helped preserve history's most murderous regime, to which they handed over half of Europe in 1945.

After the war, the left tried to cover up Soviet genocide. Jean-Paul Sartre denied the gulag even existed.

For the western Allies, Nazism was the only evil; they could not admit being allied to mass murderers. For the Soviets, promoting the Jewish Holocaust perpetuated anti-fascism and masked their own crimes.

The Jewish people, understandably, saw their Holocaust as a unique event. It was Israel's raison d'etre. Raising other genocides at that time would, they feared, diminish their own. This was only human nature.

While today, academia, the media and Hollywood rightly keep attention focused on the Jewish Holocaust, they mostly ignore Ukraine. We still hunt Nazi killers, but not communist killers. There are few photos of the Ukraine genocide or Stalin's gulag, and fewer living survivors. Dead men tell no tales.

Russia never prosecuted any of its mass murderers, as Germany did.

We know all about the crimes of Nazis Adolf Eichmann and Heinrich Himmler; about Babi Yar and Auschwitz.

But who remembers Soviet mass murderers Dzerzhinsky, Kaganovitch, Yagoda, Yezhov and Beria? Were it not for writer Alexander Solzhenitsyn, we might never know of Soviet death camps like Magadan, Kolyma and Vorkuta. Movie after movie appears about Nazi evil, while the evil of the Soviet era vanishes from view or dissolves into nostalgia.

The souls of Stalin's millions of victims still cry out for justice.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4529
Posted: 1/31/2018 5:59:03 PM
"the Holocaust" vs "a holocaust"

Mirriam-Webster
Definition of holocaust

1 : a sacrifice (see 1sacrifice 2) consumed by fire
2 : a thorough destruction involving extensive loss of life especially through fire a nuclear holocaust

3 a often capitalized : the mass slaughter of European civilians and especially Jews by the Nazis during World War II —usually used with the Several members of her family died in the Holocaust.
b : a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide a holocaust in Rwanda

Language matters.

Hope this helps you.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4530
Posted: 1/31/2018 6:27:56 PM
"Language matters."

Apparently the ability to read and comprehend eludes "some":

"b : a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide a holocaust in Rwanda"
 K_J521
Msg: 4531
Posted: 1/31/2018 6:42:51 PM
Has anyone here visited the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC?

If not...you should.

It’s an experience that you will likely never forget.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4532
Posted: 1/31/2018 6:48:57 PM
"Has anyone here visited the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC?"

Yes, of course. I've also been to Auschwitz, Dachau, and Stutthof.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4533
Posted: 1/31/2018 6:56:39 PM
Yes reading and comprehension.
Holocaust with a capitol H as opposed to a small h.
One is a proper noun versus the other a common noun.

Proper noun - A name used for an individual person, place, or organization, spelled with initial capital letters, e.g., Larry, Mexico, and Boston Red Sox.

Common noun - A common noun is a noun that refers to people or things in general, e.g. boy, country, bridge, city, birth, day, happiness.

You do understand the difference, eh?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4534
Posted: 1/31/2018 7:04:11 PM
"Yes reading and comprehension.
One is a proper noun versus the other a common noun."

I'm glad you figured that out, because Funchef used the word "holocaust" in his post 4536, and I feared you could never figure what he'd meant.

And there was my post 4538:

"Seven million died in the 'forgotten' holocaust
By ERIC MARGOLIS"

So, it is a good day, you learned something.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4535
Posted: 1/31/2018 7:09:40 PM
Actually he did not.

Msg 4521

didn't religion cause the last Holocaust

Notice the capitol "H"... dead giveaway!

I figured you were out to lunch so I provide you with a little history. F.O.C.
So glad you now understand capitalization.
Nice try but you can't always hit a homerun but you can always dream.
We understand your confusion.

She has been to the sites of the Holocaust I wonder if she has been to the sites of other holocausts?

"Americans Are Dreamers Too"
 K_J521
Msg: 4536
Posted: 1/31/2018 7:10:33 PM
“Yes, of course. I've also been to Auschwitz, Dachau, and Stutthof.”

Then you know. You have seen.

Maybe tomorrow brings us a step closer to...Freedom. :)
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4537
Posted: 1/31/2018 7:27:43 PM
"Actually he did not.
Msg 4521
"didn't religion cause the last Holocaust""

The sad fact is that you did not recognize the nuance of the change with Funchef's more recent post 4536. This is what many conservatives who've had only basic education lack-critical thinking-the ability to know, and recognize, subtle changes in the discussion. I'm sure Funchef doesn't hold against you, as I don't. You've educational limits built into your life, in spite of great Canadian public schools. I'm also sure Funchef, like me, experiences the same results in his many discussions with conservatives. We live to share our knowledge.

BTW, I'm glad that a Canadian with the social welfare benefits of free healthcare can afford his and hers Harley's. It is a testament to social democracy! You shouldn't wait till 2019 though. With the ever shrinking American middle class and devalued dollar, there's likely to be less American demand-meaning possibly more Harley plant closings.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4538
Posted: 1/31/2018 7:52:45 PM
Oh yes the nuance... Interesting how you jump into the middle of a discussion, make a mistake then try to blame someone else.
Yes welcome to social democracy!

Again you are mis-informed as American wages started growing again last year.
But by all means keep praying for that crash, liberals love a weak economy.

Keep trying or is that dreaming.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4539
Posted: 2/1/2018 5:30:52 AM
"Oh yes the nuance... Interesting how you jump into the middle of a discussion, make a mistake then try to blame someone else."

I was being kind and obviously generous when I used the term "nuance". Clearly, in your attempt to snark and troll you missed the obvious transition. Let me show you you error in comprehension:

Funchef says in post 4521: "didn't religion cause the last Holocaust"

You make the incorrect argument that war is about land only, disregarding cheap labor, resources, and a host of other socio-economic reasons including race, religion, tribe, ect.

And Funchef replies in post 4536: "actually there have been holocausts throughout history ....it's called "genocide"... took place here in American ...even happened in Canada"

Please note (I can't believe I have to point this out) that Funchef has used the non-capital "h"

Then in post 4538, I post an article: "Seven million died in the 'forgotten' holocaust
By ERIC MARGOLIS" Please note there is, again, the non-capitalized "h".

This must have been your aah ha moment, because in post 4539 you tell us what we already know and you've just figured out-there's a difference between The Holocaust and a holocaust. And proceed to tell us that "language matters".

It does-language does matter. And it is clear that you had no idea what was being said to you until you figured out google and learned the difference. We're glad to help.

"Again you are mis-informed as American wages started growing again last year."

Oh my, the modis operandi of claiming something I never said and telling me I'm wrong. How very small of you.

Wages did grow during 2017, albeit less than they did in 2016. But if you think a .1% increase in the real wage growth is going to help middle class Americans buy a Harley, then I've just figured out I'm discussing something with someone who hasn't used that one neuron God gave him, and this discussion is over-because you can't fix stupid.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/realer.pdf
 gtomustang
Msg: 4540
Posted: 2/1/2018 5:52:58 AM
"has anyone here visited the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC?"

>>>I think Melania just did. it must have been more interesting than Davos. Thankfully, the Secret Service had the budget to separate itself again.

Now Nunes has to admit, that the "damning memo" has "subtle changes" to it. Apparently they must be rather obvious, that he has to admit they are in there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/schiff-accuses-nunes-of-making-secret-changes-to-classified-memo-before-white-house-review/ar-BBIxqmj?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Its turning every day, into more and more of a nothing burger. Trey Gowdy is yet another to see the light at the end of the tunnel. its Hillaryous to watch the GOP "shoes" fall apart before they even get a chance to drop.
 topolata
Msg: 4541
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:33:38 AM
I first visited Yad Vashem when I was 16. Left a lasting impression and forever made me cynical about the goodness of man, one reason I have so much contempt for holocaust denying scum like hopeless nutcase...aka screwedupn8 aka hopeful loser.
 funchesf
Msg: 4542
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:36:33 AM

dee you are so right they are all about land religion just clouds the issues.

deetristate recently suggested how women should be kept in their place ....the bible teach that women "should remain silent" when it comes to religion ...now let's hear no more from deetristate regarding religion ...or I'm going to tell Jesus on her

b : a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide a holocaust in Rwanda

you just provided the information that prove yourself wrong ......that's what happens when you "google cut and paste' without reading first ............but anyway......... if a Holocaust took place in Rwanda (as suggested in your post) then clearly the Jews wasn't the only Holocaust ....but anyway thanks for proving my point ....that Holocausts have taken place throughout history

The Germans had an Iron Cross yes and Stalin was an Atheist so by all your reasoning all 20 million he killed were in the name of Atheism.

nope... Stalin killed to retain power within the USSR...so you're beating a dead horse ...the religious generally hide behind Stalin as a failed example....can't you find another Atheist that "did" start a major war in the name of Atheism ....I'll wait .

Please read a history book regarding the Civil War and the southern states desire to expand their cotton plantations via the western territories

and please get out of the mind frame that land expansion or money is justification for slavery ..or that it was "allowed" ....if the slaves were White ...would you still argue that it's "allowed" ...or would you argue that slavery is immoral and unconstitutional

Your knowledge of history is certainly a nightmare.

it clearly is a nightmare for you ...might I suggest you stick to Canadian history .....and learn about the Holocaust that took place there

wow...you're really grabbing at straws ....but anyway "any Holocaust" that took place in History is an event...and a capital "H' is appropriate .... the Jews do not have a copyright on the term "Holocaust' .....if a Nuclear Holocaust takes place ...is history only allowed to use a little "h"?.............what say you?

Posted By: K_J521
Has anyone here visited the National Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC?

did anyone know there is a Native American Holocaust Museum? .... or even care?
 topolata
Msg: 4543
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:42:46 AM
""""and please get out of the mind frame that land expansion or money is justification for slavery ..or that it was "allowed" ."""

Not justification but the reason it was allowed by state law. It was the economy...nothing more or less. That was all the justification the states believed they needed at the time...morality had nothing to do with it.
 deetristate
Msg: 4544
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:46:59 AM
I do not blame them. In this,environment, I would leave as well. People in Congress worth anything have become bored with the gamesmanship, lying, substantiveless and action absent mind numbing discussions illustrated perfectly by the two posts above. They are also tired of dealing with " I must get my way" banshee leftists showing up at their homes and terrorizing their lives.

But, alas, it is on us. We made a change in the Presidency. Let more of us do a better job with changing representatives.

Also, perhaps it is a good sign that people no longer see these elected positions as lifetime jobs.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4545
Posted: 2/1/2018 7:51:48 AM
There was no Holocaust in Rwanda the Holocaust was in Europe. Your statement should read "if a holocaust took place in Rwanda (as suggested in your post)". Small "h". Do you understand the difference?
Ok so we get it you do not understand the difference between a proper noun and a common noun.

You project that any war started by a member of a religion must therefore be a religious war then disavow a projection that all killings under Stalin, an atheist, were not for atheism.
Get a grip man!

When did I say land acquisition was a justification for slavery? - I did not. I just stated history.
There is no justification for slavery and yet it goes on today.
So there must be reasons why others justify it.

We get it you hate Jews? You are a Holocaust denier. This is why you attempt to diminish there culture by mis appropriating the proper noun Holocaust. Very subtle. But Busted!
Have you ever wanted to enslave a Jew?
What is your justification if so?

English and History lesson F.O.C
 topolata
Msg: 4546
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:04:19 AM
""""We get it you hate Jews? You are a Holocaust denier. This is why you attempt to diminish there culture by mis appropriating the proper noun Holocaust. Very subtle. But Busted!
Have you ever wanted to enslave a Jew?
What is your justification if so?"""

Yea, he is pretty condescending towards jews....hes not even that subtle about it. He likes to show his hate plain as day. So we can actually agree when it comes to Fun.
 from site to sight
Msg: 4547
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:14:51 AM

There was no Holocaust in Rwanda the Holocaust was in Europe. Your statement should read "if a holocaust took place

Was the murder of 7 million Ukrainians in the 1930's (as per post 4538) a holocaust or a Holocaust-since it happened in Europe?
 _babblefish
Msg: 4548
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:26:05 AM

Ok so we get it you do not understand the difference between a proper noun and a common noun.

lolz

This is why you attempt to diminish there culture by mis appropriating the proper noun Holocaust.

iffin you're going to nitpick like some grade school educator learn the difference between "there" and "their"
 topolata
Msg: 4549
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:26:07 AM
^^^^ Can we just agree that genocide is the normal human condition, for whatever reasons...the difference with the Holocaust is it was systematically planned and executed by an advanced Tier One Western Nation against people based on religion and other attributes like disabilities, political affiliations and whatever you would call the "gypsy" class of people.
 topolata
Msg: 4550
Posted: 2/1/2018 8:48:17 AM
Per Dee above

"We are,all immigrants," is the most inane and incorrect statement ever uttered when leftists can give no valid reason for their stance on immigration.

I'm really not sure what your issues are...why you seem utterly incapable of deductive or inductive reasoning, analystical thought processes. You are much like Flick in this regard.

"leftists" here have put forth lots of reasons to allow for immigration, after proper vetting....

1) To begin with, it is absolutely essential to have young, hard working, taxpaying people coming into the country to make up for the aging of the the native population. You have totally ignored this issue... i.e. the economic issue.

2) But more important than the economic issue is the moral and decency issue. It is decent and moral and just to allow immigration into the country and completely amoral to even consider exporting people who have been in the US since children.

Your biggest problem is you are likely a Sociopath...by that I mean you appear to be a person bereft of Compassion and Empathy for other people....much like Trump is a sociopath in the same vain. Normal functioning human beings have inherent levels of compassioin and empathy either genetically, or as learned by them as infants. People like yourself, who do not, probably had very cold parents who showed them no love, or maybe there is a genetic component. Regardless, part of being human is caring about other people. If you lack that ability, you lack the core of humanity, of what makes a human being. So to allow immigration into this huge country is not only Good for the economy, but is the right and just thing to do. Doing what is "right and just" has no meaning to you. You have already indicated you could care less if all Daca people were deported and/or immigration was completely disallowed for years.

In a way, I almost feel sorry for somebody like you. I mean I don't like you so your lack of humanity is not something that haunts me. On the other hand, I do recognize you are likely not responsible for who and what you are. You can't help it how you were brought up and maltreated by your parents, nor can you help your genetic code. You are what you are. On the other hand, people need to be held accountable in this world for who they are regardless of the reasons or whys explaining how they got there. Very sorry DEE. You are missing so much.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?