Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 4551
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 183 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)
You sure do write a lot in response to my deeisms.
Ha!
And all that ad hominem just comes across as you having to struggle ("ummm,ummm,ummm") to come up with something. Umm, umm, umm, lolz

"We feel sorry for them" is not a valid reason.

Non partisan government entities have studied and shown that illegal immigrants cost us more than they provide. I have referenced them in the past. Even Bill Clinton a knowledge that. See also statements by Barbara Jordan. DACA just encourages illegal immigration. " If we just get there, idiot Americans will let us stay."

Too many legal immigrants are also not a,good thing.

To pretend that construction jobs, engineering, medical school slots, public education funds, etc are not negatively affected by over immigration is just too ridiculous.
It also ridiculous to pretend that a doubling of the population since 1950 does not affect the environment or resources. See India.

As ludicrous is,to pretend that an influx of people from a (unsuccessful) culture does not change the culture of the new pkace. We are not talking about pasta and eggrolls.

At least you people are no longer saying that americans do not want to do the eork, as if immigrants,only eirk at chi ken factories and that their kuds,will work at chi ken factories. Americans li ed up for those jobs after the ICE raid, by the way.
There was just recently an article written about the negative economic impact in England of too much immigration.

Maybe you people just like to pu ish yourselves, that guilt thing.

Again, should everyone who wants to live in and move to the USA, criminals aside, be allowed to move here?

What limits, if any, do you believe should exist?

Any?

Just because your parent was a thief does not mean that theft should not be outlawed or laws against theft not be enforced for the good of the community and nation.

As Robert Reich said before it became passed to support borders

""" The only reason any job remains unfilled is because wages are too low. Require it to be filled with Americans and employers have to raise the wage. But if they can get legal guest wirkers, they won't""

funchesf
Msg: 4552
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:04:01 AM

Posted By: topolata
Not justification but the reason it was allowed by state law. It was the economy...nothing more or less. That was all the justification the states believed they needed at the time...morality had nothing to do with it.

in that case Hitler also determined that to help the German economy Jews needed to be slaves or killed ....therefore morality had nothing to do with the Holocaust

Posted By: deetristate
and action absent mind numbing discussions illustrated perfectly by the two posts above

and yet you mention nothing about religion as I have forbidden you to do so .....I have accomplish what others in the forum have only dreamed of for years .....put deetristate in her place ...and it's nothing she can do about it without violating her religion .......shouldn't I receive some type of award or something?

Posted by: Doubleknotspy7
Small "h". Do you understand the difference?

pretty sure the descendants of those slaughtered in the Holocausts throughout history didn't understand or care either ....you're attempting to diminish the horrors of others by placing what happen to the Jews above all others by demanding that others spell their Holocaust with a small "h"....and that only Jews are allowed to use a Capital "h"

When did I say land acquisition was a justification for slavery?.

because you claim what the South was doing was not about slavery but for Land acquisition ...why do they need to own slaves to get land .....and "land" is how you're trying to justify slavery

We get it you hate Jews?

so if I say there's no pot of gold under rainbows I therefore hate Leprechauns? ....I know you tend to think with a Trump mentality....but let's try to have an adult conversation thank you very much

You are a Holocaust denier

nope...what I'm saying is that you and topolata supply Holocaust deniers with the ammunition to deny what actually happen

Have you ever wanted to enslave a Jew?

are you offering to be enslaved? ...sorry.... but I'm not into stuff like that ...but you're welcome to bring me some ice cold brews every Saturday during greasy food, beer, watch a crappy sci-fi movie night..... if that's any consolation

Yea, he is pretty condescending towards jews

didn't you once claim that Orthodox Jews looked weird ...so ...er.. is that you being condescending to Jews or being a hypocrite?

He likes to show his hate plain as day.

hey...I'm everyone's best friend ....and God loved me above all others ....oops...er....wait...that's Satan ...my bad

So we can actually agree when it comes to Fun.

wow.. I got Doubleknotspy7 and topolata to join forces .....maybe I should give Trump some lessons on how to unify the people
 deetristate
Msg: 4553
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:11:34 AM
Interesting, Double.

When you put Holocaust in a search engine, discussions of Holocaust denial rise to the top. Then you see little "h" articles about others like muslims, etc.

Well, you know, now you can be female if you just declare it. Words do ( did?)have meanings. LOL.
 topolata
Msg: 4554
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:19:41 AM
^^^ you are always setting up these straw man arguments...as if we are advocating unvetted, unlimited immigration, or are advocating to allow criminals to enter the country.

Last I heard, there is no body promoting allowing the entire population of India to move to this Country. The indians I happen to know who have moved here are exceedingly bright professinals...generally doctors, engineers and scientists.

But that begs the point. You close your eyes to reality...."""Non partisan government entities have studied and shown that illegal immigrants cost us more than they provide.. Non partisan government entities have studied and shown that illegal immigrants cost us more than they provide""" I haven't seen the study, don't know who is behind it.... but how any study could conclude that immigrants do not by and large contribute to the country more than they take is beyond me, especially projecting into the future. I have to wonder what assumptions they took as true, how they concluded what they did. You don't seem to get that those are against Immigration are racists, by and large, trying to keep the US WHITE. Has nothing to do with the merits of immigration. Your view of their "culture" taking over shows you are just like them.

And you know what Dee..... I am perfectly fine with "mexican" construction workers. Best I can tell, they work harder and better than the working native population of construction workers. I want the best workers working on my house. I don't give a damn if they are native Americans or not.

Anyway, your straw arguments don't cut it. You always close your eyes to the facts. That is your modus operandi...but what I find most comical about you is your pretending to care about other Americans who might be displaced by immigrants when it is so obvious to me you care nothing or nobody...which gets me back to my thread above.

And of course none of this has anything to do with DACA. Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY who thinks it okay to rip families apart twenty years after they moved to this country, to deport children who have only known this country as their home.....are nothing more than pieces pieces of Human Garbage. That garbage festering in this country is far worse for the country than any possible harm immigrants might bring to the Nation. The fact that I have to live among that type of human filth....honestly... if I were not so entrenched in this country at my age, if I were younger... I would seriously consider moving to Canada....maybe Israel. To hear that garbage support such a moral indignity because of "the law"....just is further evidence of what despicable human beings. When the law is immoral, you change the law...you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
 topolata
Msg: 4555
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:26:29 AM

in that case Hitler also determined that to help the German economy Jews needed to be slaves or killed ....therefore morality had nothing to do with the Holocaust

That's why I agree with Double about you Fun....... you hate anybody who explains slavery the purposes of slavery so much that you have no problem with showing your hatred of Jews by manipulating the actual history.

You are so angry that you can't think straight. If you can explain the reason for slavery in the Southern States other than for economic reasons, I sure would love to hear them.

But then look at you..... your profile photo is of an angry, naked black man..... hair and all. The attitude you portray is one of "Black Power"..don't tread on me.

Sorry if you can't accept facts Fun and have to malign the jews killed in the holocaust to vent your outrage.

Hitler actually hurt the German economy by the way... he killed or chased away many of Germany's leading scientists, phycisians, business leaders etc. Jews contributed to the economy through brain power in Germany. Slaves contributed to the Southern Economies through brawn. Just a little bit of difference... if you want to argue the facts.
 deetristate
Msg: 4556
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:27:17 AM
When you address what I actually wrote rather than pretending with hysterics that i said, meant or wrote something else so that you can use the typical leftist talking points, I will respond.

Will check back later or tomorrow.

Even though you are essentially conceding already. .

Especially that Amercans are bleeding heart suckers if you just get here....

Anyway....later .
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4557
Posted: 2/1/2018 10:59:07 AM
"Was the murder of 7 million Ukrainians in the 1930's (as per post 4538) a holocaust or a Holocaust-since it happened in Europe?"

Go back and look at our Canadian friends cut an paste from Merriam-Webster. A holocaust is either capitalized or not, either is acceptable.

Actually, I believe all mass murder/genocide qualifies as a Holocaust or holocaust. And I believe our Canadian friend thinks that some mass murder requires more reverence than other. Let me leave you with this nice article from Independent UK:

"Do you know the difference between a Holocaust and a holocaust? The Armenians do.

Despite what some sub-editors might think, the genocide of 1.5m Armenian Christians in 1915 was not a holocaust

Robert Fisk

What’s in a name? Let’s start with the Persian Gulf. Or the Arabian Gulf. Or just the Arab Gulf. I’m indebted to reader (and surgeon) Ross Farhadieh for complaining to me last week about my use of “The Gulf” – bland, dull and historically anaemic – in a column on Iran and its possible return to geopolitical power in the Middle East. Historically, legally – and in the UN – Ross told me, it should be called the Persian Gulf. It was Gamal Abdul Nasser’s nationalism which renamed it the “Arabian Gulf”.

And Ross is right. And I think I know the background to this slippage in nomenclature. When I worked in the Middle East for The Times – long before Murdoch emasculated the paper – we found that whenever we referred to the Persian Gulf, Arab states would refuse to let the paper go on sale in Dubai or Cairo. But whenever we called it the Arabian Gulf, the paper was not allowed into Iran.

So we went for “The Gulf”. Maybe this was a bit cowardly – I wasn’t involved in the decision – but many other papers followed suit. The British press was not going to be censored in the Middle East if a little historical obfuscation could be built in to our copy. The Independent, still unborn at the time, referred quite innocently to The Gulf once it began publication – probably without the slightest idea of why it didn’t carry the Persian or Arabian appellation.

We’d always had a faintly similar problem with Northern Ireland. In the worst days of the war there, we on The Times often used “Ulster” as shorthand for the six-county province – only to find that Irish readers in the Republic took great exception to the name. Ulster, they rightly pointed out, historically contained nine counties, which included the three counties of Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan, which the Protestant seigneurs of the north declined to accept in Northern Ireland because (of course) these three counties had too many Catholics. Irish republicans – or just plain Irish citizens – preferred the “Six Counties” or, at a push, Northern Ireland. They were right. But since The Times still sold in the Republic, we went on using Ulster when we felt like it. Indeed, my first book on Irish history included the word Ulster in the title. And it meant six, not nine, counties.

I tended to take a harsher view of countries whose titles began with the words “the People’s Democratic Republic of” – mainly because they invariably belonged to their dictators rather than their people, and were neither popular nor democratic. Yemen – or the PDRY – for example. So we called it just Yemen – or Algeria, which also likes to call itself popular and democratic.

Then we had to acknowledge Father Time. My dad, a veteran of what he called “The Great War” of 1914-18, went on calling it that long after the second and even more titanic bloodbath had been fought around the world. The Brits officially decided to call the Great War the First World War – in, I think, 1948 – because they had to yield to history. My dad’s war had not proved to be the war to end all wars after all, and we had to acknowledge that. I still like the epic ring of The Great War – but by 1945, the Great bit simply didn’t work any more.

Other Great War events remain contentious, not least what I always refer to as the Armenian Holocaust (with a capital “H”), the genocide of 1.5m Armenian Christians at the hands of the Turkish Ottoman government in 1915. It was the first industrialised genocide of the last century – the second being the Jewish Holocaust – and the two mass acts of slaughter had clear historical connections. The Turks suffocated thousands of Armenians in caves – by blowing smoke from bonfires into the cavities where they had imprisoned them in the Syrian desert – and thus created the first primitive gas chambers.

Armenian men were sometimes taken to their execution in railway goods wagons. And junior members of the German Kaiser’s army who were training the Turkish army at the time witnessed the genocide; more importantly, some of the names of these Germans turned up less than a quarter of a century later as members of Hitler’s Wehrmacht in the Ukraine and Belarus, where they were helping to organise the mass killing of Jews. There’s no doubt where they learned how to do that.

Many years ago, therefore, I used the phrase “Armenian Holocaust” in The Independent. A sub-editor immediately changed the capital H to a lower-case h. My phone did not stop ringing. Armenians were outraged. Why did they not deserve a capital H, they demanded to know? Didn’t the Turks murder enough Armenians to qualify them for a capital H? I wrote a long memorandum to my then editor, Simon Kelner, explaining that it was racist to make a distinction between two genocides; we could not base our definition on the numerical difference between 1,500,000 and 6,000,000. Besides, Israelis (as opposed to the state of Israel, which doesn’t even regard the Armenian catastrophe as a genocide) refer to the Armenian massacres as the Armenian Shoah – using the Hebrew word for Holocaust. Kelner later published my memo as an article in The Independent – and it won the DC Watt journalism award.

But we newspaper folk have poor institutional memories. Earlier this month, I again referred to the Armenian Holocaust – and a sub-editor, unfamiliar with the expression, innocently downgraded the poor old Armenians again. He changed the capital H into h! My phone trilled once more. The same unanswerable arguments. Didn’t the Turks kill enough of us, my Armenian callers asked again? So of course we sheepishly upgraded the Armenians on the website version of my report and returned to them their capital H…

And of course, I haven’t even begun to address today the use of that generic, racist (in its use), pejorative and repulsive word “terrorist”. I only use it in inverted commas for direct quotations. But what can we do when the masters of the universe – America and that dreadful chap who’s just won a Save the Children award – long ago embarked on an everlasting “War on Terror”?

Give me the Persian Gulf any day."
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4558
Posted: 2/1/2018 12:41:22 PM
I guess I will take your word for it that you do not hate Jews. However your posts indicate otherwise.
I will admit that there are limitations to this form of communicating.
This is why it is so important in here to cut out the personal insults swearing and name calling.
Things have been much better.
This has actually been for the most part a good discussion.

I do not offer any justification for slavery but I simply report what has been learned from history.
The American South needed slavery to make their cotton plantations profitable on the world market.
The South needed to expand their territory and therefore needed to spread west.
The north was opposed to the south gaining more seats in congress and set limitations on new states brought into the union i.e. no slavery or 1 to 1 matchup of new states entering the Union.
ie the Missouri Compromise and Louisiana Purchase.
Also in Texas, white ranchers who did not have slaves, did not want competition from the Southern plantation owners and their cheap slave labour.
Basically the North wanted whites only in the new territories and the South wanted slave labour.
Then came the Republican Party (opposed to slavery in the new territories) and shortly after Lincoln .
Lincoln won the Presidency with out any southern electoral votes. The South then realized they had lost all influence in Washington and southern states started seceding resulting in the war.

I am as much surprised as you at Topalata and I agreeing but please explain to me how we supply Holocaust deniers ammunition?

Regarding Holocaust vs holocaust...http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/
 hopefulhunk
Msg: 4559
Posted: 2/1/2018 1:03:14 PM
So uninformed.... I will try to help you out Carla.

First- never have I denied the holocaust in Germany. Many Jews were killed. Also many others...
You just like to feel superior and need to persecute others to make up for love and peace in your own life.
I mean it is very sad that you feel the need to have dozens of profiles here. You just want to be heard.
Desperate comes to mind... as does chemical imbalance.
You could always just quote me denying it happened... you so fervently believe.

Second- "gypsy class of people" says so very much about you. Gypsy is a race. A culture.
Not a class like upper, middle, lower, then gypsy...
Google Roma or Romani.

Third- US doesn't need to import illegal aliens to "make up for the aging native population".
There are about 4 million births and about 2.4 million deaths here each year.
There are plenty of young American workers. More every year.

Carla, you seem to be close to "popping".
I know it's cloudy outside where you are... but maybe some fresh air will help you feel better?
Your little pigeon dance is akin to taking drugs.
You get a high... but you know it's hollow and fades fast.
Try to find a healthier way to live. Sad to see you wallow in your hatred and condemnation.
I mean... you are getting up there in years.
Do you really want to look back on the last years and be faced with the fact that you have acted so dishonorably?

I'm glad President Trump is working to secure our borders.
I am all for ending sanctuary cities, deportation of illegal aliens, and harsh punishment for breaking the law.
Including employers who hire them.

Maybe President Trump will round up the illegal aliens and put them in a labor camp on the border?
Make them provide the labor... I'm all for that.
1st offense= 6 months hard labor.
2nd offense= 1 year hard labor.
3rd offense= 2 years hard labor.
Ect...

The mock ups of the wall look good. Progress is a good thing.
Immigration reform is a good thing too.
Being kind is also a good thing
 from site to sight
Msg: 4560
Posted: 2/1/2018 1:10:37 PM

^^^I'm glad President Trump is working to secure our borders.

How is construction of that wall going-that Mexico is paying for?
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4561
Posted: 2/1/2018 1:36:18 PM
As I sit here and think about the colonial genocide that enveloped, South America, North America, and Africa, and the 100's of million lives lost, the uniqueness of "The Holocaust" is not lost on me. And the attempt to diminish The Holocaust to a differentiation of proper or common nouns is asinine. There has been only one holocaust, though there have been holocausts, or genocide, throughout the ages. Conservative politicization of mass murder is just one more instance of the identity politics conservatives do.
 topolata
Msg: 4562
Posted: 2/1/2018 1:37:27 PM

First- never have I denied the holocaust in Germany. Many Jews were killed. Also many others...

I see... the Jews were in the way... they were just collateral damage.

You are so far gone...and yet so blind to your disabilities. Talk about sad.

I don't "feel" any need to have more than one profile. They are simply a necessity.

Thank you for your expert opinion about immigration and their contribution or not to the economy. I have no dooubt you are a very learned man and know exactly what you are talking about...and therefore your opinion will be given all of the respect it deserves.

Do you really want to look back on the last years and be faced with the fact that you have acted so dishonorably?

That's another tough question. At least won't have to live my life as a brain damaged scum-bag. That's got to be worth something?
 topolata
Msg: 4563
Posted: 2/1/2018 1:41:22 PM

As I sit here and think about the colonial genocide that enveloped, South America, North America, and Africa, and the 100's of million lives lost,

Its not just "genocide" but war itself.

50,000,000 died in World War 2.

Tens of millions died in World War 1...and that war could and should have easily been avoided.
 chameleonf
Msg: 4564
Posted: 2/1/2018 2:03:03 PM

Third- US doesn't need to import illegal aliens to "make up for the aging native population".
There are about 4 million births and about 2.4 million deaths here each year.
There are plenty of young American workers. More every year.

One thing the poster neglects is that while the birth rate sounds like a high figure, the working age doesn't start at birth. As well, although the birth rate outpaces death rate, the age of retirement or inability to work prior to death makes for a higher requirement for replaceable workers - in all areas, not just highly trained/skilled.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/health/united-states-fertility-rate.html
Notably: “Yes, it’s below replacement level, but not dramatically so,” Dr. Brady said. “We have a high level of influx of immigrants that compensates for it.”

Some people, one in particular, repeatedly states that ALL immigration (including legal) should cease for a period. Although illegal immigration creates it's own set of problems and should definitely be tightened up as much as possible (barring more wall), thinking that the U.S. is sustainable by only allowing highly trained/skilled workers to legally immigrate is ridiculous. Simply crunching numbers without factoring in the types of work forces required, is equally ridiculous. For instance, that child born today isn't going to be able to feed/take care of today, physically or through taxes, those who fall below the death rate numbers.
 from site to sight
Msg: 4565
Posted: 2/1/2018 2:05:56 PM
"Tens of millions died in World War 1...and that war could and should have easily been avoided."

World War 1 was dubbed "The war to end all wars", when people saw the atrocities of war, and thought people will never do something that terrible again. Little did they know, that it was just the beginning of the horrors of wars to come.

The only "war to end all wars" would be a full out nuclear war, where all life form on Earth would be gone and uninhabitable for thousands of years. Has there ever been a time when the whole world was at peace, with no conflicts anywhere? I doubt it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4566
Posted: 2/1/2018 2:54:45 PM
the European continent had wars before

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Years%27_War

but it was the technology found in the Great War, that made it so murderous. The punitive damage forced on the vanquished by the victors, helped create a desire by brownshirts/blackshirts following a nationalist politician, to throw off these shackles applied by outside countries, in the 1930's..as the world recovered from a stock market economy that had risen then crashed spectacularly. As for Hitler's plans, first he wanted round up the Jews and force their emigration (doesn't sound familiar at all, does it)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan

but the West, suffering the Great Depression, turned them back (ironic in hindsight, as our modern America First movement seeks to repeat history). The work camps were begun in 1933 for political opponents--probably an idea taken from Stalin--but expanded in 1939 as war brought in POWs to join the other "undesirables". In 1941, the Final Solution was devised, but the grind of war by 1942 and 1943 created the decision to turn prisoners into slave labor, as the tide of the war turned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_concentration_camps
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4567
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2018 2:59:24 PM
“Again you are mis-informed as American wages started growing again last year.”

You keep saying this as if this is fact.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LES1252881600Q

You see that dip at the end of that graph? Wages took such a big dip in 4Q17 that it wiped out all the very small gains in the first 3 quarters and ended up below 1Q16.

I am surprised you haven’t posted this yet, though:

https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/atlanta-fed-economy-trump/2018/02/01/id/840891/

If that 5.4% actually happens, it might be the end of the Democrats “blue wave,” although to be fair, the average Joe has no understanding of GDP growth and will look at his wallet and go “Where’s mine?” Furthermore, it’s become rather obvious that Trump’s behavior and anti-majority policies (that is, policies not supporting by the majority of Americans) will cancel out almost any good economic news. This also brings me back to the one question I can’t get any Trump worshippers to answer: would you not be better off with Pence as president? Almost everything would be exactly the same, expect you’d have a sane, honest, stable person at the helm instead of an idiotic internet troll.

“Trump gave a good sotu address. Even never Trumpers had to admit that.”

Trump is by any expert’s standard a terrible teleprompter reader with a generally grating voice. There are thousands of better political speakers than he is. The only time he sounds genuine is when he’s speaking off the cuff, and “genuine” for him is idiotic, mean and, ironically, disingenuous – which to be fair is a reason why many people support him, and also why many more don’t: because he talks like a real (street) person instead of a politician. Trump obviously didn’t write his SOTU speech (most modern presidents don’t) and he’s basically being praised for not going off script and saying something stupid. If by “Never Trumpers” you mean conservative Republicans that think he’s an unpresidential moron but support many of his policies, then, yes, those people probably are saying it was a good address. But if you mean the 60% of Americans that are also “Never Trumpers” who think he’s an unpresidential moron but DON’T support the policies laid out in his speech, then, no, I don’t think any of those people are “admitting” he gave a good speech.

“So now they are focusing on the mysterious memo.”

Who is Washington ISN’T focusing on the memo? That’s all Republicans can talk about. On a related matter:

“I am enjoying the leftist pivot from ‘it should not be released because it contains classified information’ to ‘it should not be released because it is inaccurate.’”

That’s not a “pivot” – both of those things are true, and they were true originally, and they will continue to be true long after the memo is forgotten. And you know who is and has been saying both of those things? The “leftist” Republicans Trump appointed to the DOJ and FBI. So are you telling me Trump didn’t appoint the “best people” in this case?

“Have the Dems countered with a plan of any kind regarding infrastructure?”

Do you know how little effort it would have taken for you to answer this question yourself? Search “Democratic infrastructure proposal” and the first hit is:

https://www.democrats.senate.gov//files/documents/ABlueprinttoRebuildAmericasInfrastructure1.24.17.pdf

As for Trump’s plan, apparently the Democrats were cool to it because Trump is cutting hundreds of billions of dollars in domestic programs to pay for most of it AND requiring states and local governments to raise taxes to pay for the rest of it (in other words, the US government wouldn’t pay for any of it).

Basically, there is no such thing as a GOP federal infrastructure plan. You can’t be a conservative Republican in 2018 and support federally funded infrastructure. Turn in your conservative Republican card.

“’We are,all immigrants,’ is the most inane and incorrect statement ever uttered when leftists can give no valid reason for their stance on immigration.”

Just because most of OUR ancestors were dragged into this country against their will, kicking and screaming, doesn’t mean we are not the product of immigration – it was just FORCED immigration. Of course, I am 50% English so about half my ancestors probably came here on their on, unless it was a debtors’ prison thing.

“What limits would you impose, if any?”

Although I could really care less about the visa lottery, Trump has been lying about it in every speech he’s made. Participants are already subject to “extreme vetting” and their education and job skills are taken into consideration, all before they are placed in the “lottery” – the randomness comes after our government has already determined the submitter would be a positive asset to our country. I do think “chain migration” could probably be reduced, but not to the extent that Trump is wanting. You’d think the party of “family” would understand why people that immigrate here would want to be reunited with their family. But the reality is, Trump’s (and yours and the majority of Trump supporters’) true reason for wanting to end these policies is rooted in bigotry, which you can tell from phrases like “sh*thole countries” and “As ludicrous is,to pretend that an influx of people from a (unsuccessful) culture does not change the culture of the new pkace. We are not talking about pasta and eggrolls.” Having been the victim of extreme bigotry my entire life, I simply cannot support any policies that are rooted in bigotry, regardless of their merit. Unless, you’re talking about bigotry toward the bigoted. Then I’m 100% for such policies.

All of the rest of that nonsensical post would require far more time than I have to refute and undoubtedly would just be repeating myself at this point. But I’ll join Chameleon in working on your (new?) ally:

“Third- US doesn't need to import illegal aliens to ‘make up for the aging native population’. There are about 4 million births and about 2.4 million deaths here each year. There are plenty of young American workers. More every year.”

Unfortunately for all you bigots, those “more every year” young American workers are primarily Hispanic (you know, the people that Trump and the GOP have PO'ed the most -- that sure will be helpful to your party as they become the largest percentage of the population). The fertility rate population replacement level is 2.1. White Americans are at 1.8, blacks at 2.1 and Hispanics at 2.4. Japan’s fertility rate is 1.4 and has been below 2.1 for decades. It also has almost zero net immigration, due to it being an island country and having extremely limited resources. So let’s see what Japan’s population trends look like these days:

2000 126,925,843 +1.1%
2005 127,767,994 +0.7%
2010 128,057,352 +0.2%
2015 127,094,745 -0.8%
2017 126,672,000 -0.3%

That’s America’s future if it kills immigration, because eventually the Hispanics that are driving population replacement will assimilate and get down to 2.1 or lower fertility rates themselves. Then we'll all be screwed, just like Japan and its 214% of GDP debt.
 K_J521
Msg: 4568
Posted: 2/1/2018 5:01:04 PM
“to be fair, the average Joe has no understanding of GDP growth and will look at his wallet and go “Where’s mine?”

Yeah...that would be me. (except Jane...an average Jane)

I did get one of Pelosi’s “Crumbs” today, though! Yay Me!

Not sure...but don’t think Trump’s tax cut bonuses was suppose
to include having to watch the office pet therapy beast while my boss
goes on a ski vaycay...but hey...not complaining. :)

Btw...for the next week only...if any local snowflakes need to pet a golden retriever to reduce stress triggered by “The Memo” release..DM me.
$50 for 30 mins and will travel to you. ;)
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4569
Posted: 2/1/2018 5:10:19 PM
The changing workforce.

December 2016 28.23 million part time workers
December 2017 27.37 million part time workers

December 2016 123 570 million full time workers
December 2017 125 965 million full time workers

Part time workers declining full time workers returning.

Median weekly earnings of the nation's full-time wage and salary workers were $849 in the fourth quarter of 2016
Median weekly earnings of the nation's full-time wage and salary workers were $857 in the fourth quarter of 2017

United States Department of Labour

Wages are rising.
 deetristate
Msg: 4570
Posted: 2/1/2018 9:57:23 PM
""All of the rest of that nonsensical post would require far more time than I have to refute"""

i.e., He, again, cannot dispute what I wrote.

We all get what that really means. LOL!
Again, it is not necessary that you disagree. It really is not,

And you are still talking a lot about the HOW and not the WHAT.
Again, because you have nothing valid against the WHAT.
You sort of admit that every time you post. You just cover it with the loud whine about the HOW.

Given your defense of the ' we are all immigrants," everyone is the world must be an immigrant according to your working definition. Everyone all over the world is from somewhere else if you trace back far, far. far enough. Even biblical people left their native lands. So ridiculous is the claim "we are all immigrants."

Again, even if we were (which is a ludicrous claim) that does not mean that the law should not change. You people have no good reason for that. Sympathy is not a good reason. Childless people in particular have no valid say in any of this.

It is like Canadians saying that the USA should keep its immigration policy as it is and not even enforce that while Canada tightens its immigration laws.

Whether the Dems do not like Trump's plan does not answer whether they have offered an alternative - on ANYTHING?
other than for illegals and other immigrants ( foreigners).
Since you referenced a Dem plan from January 2017, the answer is that Dems did NOT come up with a counter plan on the Trump recent proposal on infrastructure?
Thanks.

As far as the "memo" pivot, I ALREADY SAID that they were not mutually exclusive. I expected that pivot from you or someone like you.
I didn't expect the pivot to "Trump did not pick the best people" LOL!

Whoever is doing the lottery selection needs a better definition of "positive."

Calling someone a bigot is meaningless when it is repeated as much as "Hello." Again, words used to have meaning.
And we are all numb to that leftist debate tactic ( End a discussion you cannot win by calling them a bigot, homophobe, blah, blah, blah (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUBO6qKotZw).
Meh.

Just because you are half thief doesn't make theft OK or mean that anti-theft laws shouldn't be made more effective to benefit us rather than thieves or that we should not enforce anti-theft laws that are already on the books.

So what the birth rate increased mostly because of latinos, as you claim?
If the birth rate increased due to Martians, the fact is that you leftists can no longer use the "we need replacement population" to let the borders remain open and not enforce immigration laws or to prevent a change to those laws that we have to further limit immigration.
We do not need them at this moment in time. Let us do some favors for citizens.

All societies and cultures are not equal or the same or advantageous. That is a fact.
If they believe that their cultures are so great, why not stay there?
Just because we let you come doesn't mean that you get to bring uncles and aunts, in-laws and third cousins....... and the people you bring in get to bring theirs. ( And I taught ESL to immigrants so do not pretend that this does not happen.) That is what boats, planes and trains are for. And they can visit you, too. They just cannot stay or get a work permit. That is the sacrifice of starting in a new country. You cannot have everything.

That is redolent of the "Dreamers" first saying that they want to stay and then when Trump says, "fine, stay" (Which I would never offer. They can get in line and come back.) but you cannot be a citizen for twelve years, they respond "No, We want it now."
How about you go back to where you were born instead? Just incredible.

Again how does DACA not encourage more illegal immigration with minors?

Your persona of growing up as a down and trodden black person culture is not equivalent to my Jack and Jill/Links culture. They are just not. That is life. If you want to join mine, leave your down and out habits behind. Simple.

Bleeding heart is not a valid reason to not do something about immigration, i.e., reduce it.

Why is a not more than replacement fertility rate a bad thing? I really would like someone to explain that. Particularly the same people who cry about "over population. "

Leftists need an enemy and a slave. Low wage immigrants is the best that you can do these days as far as slavery. There is always Russia, Russia, Russia. Oh, and let "those people" have babies because we cannot be bothered. Patronizing and pompous. And not economically sound.

Interesting take on this:

"""Abstract
I show how the influences of unskilled immigration, differential fertility between
immigrants and the local indigenous population, and incentives for investment in
human capital combine to predict the decline of the West. In particular, indigenous
low-skilled workers lose from unskilled immigration even if the indigenous lowskilled
workers do not finance redistribution, do not compete with immigrants in the
labor market, and do not compete with immigrants for publicly financed income
transfers. For the economy at large, high-fertility unskilled immigrants and a lowfertility
indigenous population result in economic decline through reduced human
capital accumulation and reduced growth of per-capita output. """"
 gtomustang
Msg: 4571
Posted: 2/2/2018 5:36:41 AM
“Trump gave a good sotu address. Even never Trumpers had to admit that.”

>>>he didn't slur his words, he didn't clutch a water bottle, he didn't mention Pocohontas, he didn't mispronounce as many words, he stayed on topic, and sold only a little fear. By those standards...he reached George Bush levels. I have to grant him that.

“Have the Dems countered with a plan of any kind regarding infrastructure?”

>>>by that measurement....have the Republicans come up with any health care plan after all these years they had the time to do so? Shall we judge them on that? The GOP infrastructure plan is to let someone else pay for it....b/c getting Mexico to pay for that other infrastructure plan, ie, a wall, sure worked out so well. it could turn out to be an empty promise, or maybe we'll get a bunch of private toll highways across the nation. Why else would private industry want to patch a road for free? Except that maybe there may be less traffic to pay the tolls:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/california-could-see-return-of-dollar4-gas-in-may-as-oil-rises/ar-BBIwUEf?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

At least we figured out who is Newt Gingrich 2.0:

"Representative Devin Nunes once called fellow Republicans “lemmings in suicide vests.”
Now it is Mr. Nunes, Republican of California and chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, who appears ready to blow things up — in this case the delicate relationship between American intelligence and law enforcement agencies and the committee that oversees them."
"Mr. Nunes, 44, has made an unlikely transition from a leadership loyalist who once heaped scorn on Republican hard-liners to one of the hard-liners’ idols. His “lemmings” comment came in 2013 as Senator Ted Cruz, Republican of Texas, and the conservative House Freedom Caucus were pressing to shut down the government unless President Barack Obama agreed to stop all funding for the Affordable Care Act. At that time, he was quick with a quip to dismiss his party’s impractical right flank."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/with-memo-devin-nunes-once-a-scourge-of-the-hard-right-becomes-its-hero/ar-BBIAJjS?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

the man who was investigated for mishandling classified intel, is now Chump's new friend to replace Chris Christie. we'll see how long the bromance lasts. But perhaps not before he hammers another wedge into the GOP

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-divide-deepens-over-risks-of-releasing-classified-memo-about-fbi-surveillance/ar-BBIA7V9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
 from site to sight
Msg: 4572
Posted: 2/2/2018 6:15:06 AM
"By those standards...he reached George Bush levels. I have to grant him that."

I don't know if I would go that far. Did Bush go around saying any sotu speech he gave-or any speech at all-was the most watched in history-even if it wasn't? Trump can't go one day without telling lies. He probably has welts on his back from patting himself on the back all of the time, after telling some whopper lies that his brain dead supporters buy into. When Trump farts, he would probably say it's the loudest or smelliest fart in presidential history-a true historical moment.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4573
Posted: 2/2/2018 6:18:48 AM
"Did Bush go around saying any sotu speech he gave-or any speech at all-was the most watched in history-even if it wasn't?"

>>>and i'll have to grant you that :)

Chump is the most personally-insecure presidents in recent history.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4574
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 6:23:48 AM
“Median weekly earnings of the nation's full-time wage and salary workers were $849 in the fourth quarter of 2016. Median weekly earnings of the nation's full-time wage and salary workers were $857 in the fourth quarter of 2017. United States Department of Labour. Wages are rising.”

Man, I hope they paid you well in your job as a cherry picker, because you were obviously one of the best in history. The stats I used came from exactly the same source:

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/wkyeng.pdf

But the chart I pointed out had the same stats adjusted for inflation. But let’s just go with your unadjusted numbers, without cherry-picking, and start during the Obama administration:

1Q15: $801
2Q15: $803
3Q15: $811
4Q15: $822
1Q16: $823
2Q16: $827
3Q16: $824
4Q16: $846
1Q17: $857 (half Obama/half Trump, though Trump could not possibly have had any effect)
2Q17: $862
3Q17: $866
4Q17: $854 – which is higher than 4Q16, yes, but below 1Q17, Trump’s first quarter in office and in fact lower than all the quarters he’s been in office. So during Obama’s last full year, wages rose net $23. During Trump’s first year (including 1Q17), wages fell net $3.

BTW, you mind helping me top this sundae?

“He, again, cannot dispute what I wrote.”

No, I don’t have an hour to spend regurgitating all the same arguments we’ve had before in order to deal with a page-long nonsensical post with topics all over the place. Just like I don’t this time, either, so I’m going to have to get a job alongside Doublespy and do some professional cherry picking responses.

“Everyone all over the world is from somewhere else if you trace back far, far. far enough.”

The Americas, aka the New World, are much different than the rest of the world (sans Australia/Oceania). Except for the Native Americans, nobody’s had roots here for longer than 1492 and in the United States, no one longer than 1565 (or 1607 if you want to only count “Anglo America”). Most African, Asian and European cultures and ethnicities are thousands of years old. It’s very difficult to take the “American culture” concept seriously in comparison to those, especially since the “American culture” is by definition a mixture of all those other cultures (and Native Americans).

Arguably the most interesting moment in American history occurred in 1848. Having conquered Mexico City in the Mexican-American War, many American government officials wanted Manifest Destiny to run north-south as well as the original east-west concept that started the war and were in favor of annexing the entire country of Mexico into the United States. Southern congressmen vetoed the concept, because, in their opinion, the United States was a white, English-speaking country and adding 8 million brown-skinned Spanish-speaking people to the 20 million mostly white (and black slave) English-speaking population was a recipe for racist disaster. So they just took what is now the Western United States and departed the rest of Mexico. Imagine how much different the world would be if the non-Southerners had won that debate. But that decision has led us right back to that point today, with Trumpettes crying about Hispanics (particularly Mexicans) poisoning this white English-speaking culture. So we might as well have taken Mexico and avoided all this. And created a whole bunch of other problems!

“Since you referenced a Dem plan from January 2017, the answer is that Dems did NOT come up with a counter plan on the Trump recent proposal on infrastructure?”

You do realize Trump literally just announced his plan 3 days ago during the State of the Union, right? Before that point, it was largely a mystery. Originally, it had been much closer to the Democratic plan, but as I previously pointed out, the Tea Partiers in the White House said “No way, Jose” and it evolved into the current mess that no one likes. There is no “meet in the middle” because the plans have basically nothing in common. “Meeting in the middle” would be taking the Democratic $1.5T federal plan and reducing it to $750B. Which is still $550B more than Trump’s plan, which again, would be paid for by reducing some popular and/or necessary domestic program. Major infrastructure change will never happen with the GOP in charge of Congress, regardless of what Trump wants, because the party is fundamentally against the concept of federal spending, and infrastructure requires a lot of it. BTW, it’s an interesting coincidence that the Democratic infrastructure plan and the GOP tax cut both were estimated to add $1.5T to the deficit.

“All societies and cultures are not equal or the same or advantageous. That is a fact.”

I won’t disagree with that. And that fact is why within 2 or 3 generations, nearly all immigrant descendants basically become “Americans.” You base most of your prejudice and bigotry on first generation immigrants. As I’ve pointed out before, even Muslim immigrants often become “non-religious” several generations in. American-born kids don’t want to be different from their peers. It is arguably the prejudice and bigotry heaped onto children of immigrants that make them more likely to hold onto their family’s culture.

“Again how does DACA not encourage more illegal immigration with minors?”

We’ve gone over this many times before, but the one new thing I will add is that it is the American government’s responsibility to both prevent illegal immigration and to take care of those who are American in every way except birth. Which is the reason why most of those who are expressing humane opinions about “Dreamers” aren’t opposed to stronger humane immigration enforcement. As you yourself said, there will always be illegal immigration. Even in Japan, there is illegal immigration, and that is an extremely anti-immigration (legal or otherwise) country that’s sitting on some islands in the ocean. We just have to keep trying (humanely as possible) to prevent illegal immigration until we’re good enough at it that illegal immigration is negligible and the DACA concerns will cease, regardless of motivation or encouragement.

I’m a little bit bothered the plights of Haitians and El Salvadorans aren’t getting the

“Your persona of growing up as a down and trodden black person culture is not equivalent to my Jack and Jill/Links culture.”

As usual, you’re making little sense. I didn’t grow up in “down and trodden black person culture.” My parents were middle class teachers and I grew up on a peaceful farm in the middle of the whitest rural area imaginable, not the ghetto. Now it was also the most racist area imaginable, which is the primary difference between our life experiences despite similar skintone. What I don’t get about you is that you obviously believe there is strong prejudiced behavior among law enforcement against “our kind,” yet you support politicians who support strong prejudiced behavior but don’t believe it exists as a culture among law enforcement.

“Why is a not more than replacement fertility rate a bad thing?”

If the population was replacing itself exactly (which is actually Japan’s long term goal), that could theoretically be fine, but the white population is NOT replacing itself in the United States, despite the efforts of “19 and Counting.” The entire world economy throughout history has long been based on population increases, though it’s pretty obvious that can’t be true forever. But we’re nowhere near the point of that being an issue yet. Again, the United States is very sparsely populated, despite that not being obvious on the East and West coasts.
 funchesf
Msg: 4575
Posted: 2/2/2018 7:19:59 AM

That's why I agree with Double about you Fun

I'm glad to bring you two together ....

If you can explain the reason for slavery in the Southern States other than for economic reasons, I sure would love to hear them.

slavery is a result of man's inhumanity to man ...nothing more nothing less

But then look at you..... your profile photo is of an angry, naked black man..... hair and all.

why Marilyn ....I do declare.....are you flirting with me again? ...

Hitler actually hurt the German economy by the way..

Hitler took a bankrupt country and nearly became a World Power ,, he tried to make Germany Great Again

Posted By: Doubleknotspy7
The American South needed slavery to make their cotton plantations profitable on the world market.

your acceptance that the South "needed' to torture rape, murder and kidnapped people in order to be profitable on the world market is why slavery still exist today....

Posted By: Doubleknotspy7
I am as much surprised as you at Topalata and I agreeing but please explain to me how we supply Holocaust deniers ammunition?

sure no problem ..your insistence that only Jews are allowed to use a capital "H' to spell Holocaust plays right into the hands of Holocausts deniers and 'topolata" clearly has a hidden agenda for defending slavery due to the Southern Jews that topolata refer to as Ashkenazi Jews better known as Confederate Jews which were little more than White Supremacists and these same Ashkenazi Jews lived in Germany and (according to Holocaust deniers) spawned Nazism
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?