Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 from site to sight
Msg: 4576
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 184 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)

Except for the Native Americans, nobody’s had roots here for longer than 1492 and in the United States, no one longer than 1565 (or 1607 if you want to only count “Anglo America”).

If most of the first settlers were from England, it makes me wonder at what point did the people in the U.S. (and Canada) lose their British accents. And how did the people in the south develop their accents-that's very different than people in the north? People in NYC (Noo Yawk) have a different accent as well. When I hear an Australian talking and a British person talking, I can't tell who is from what country-even though Australians probably think they don't sound like the British. But they maintained some of the British heritage.
 topolata
Msg: 4577
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 2/2/2018 7:34:46 AM
""""'topolata" clearly has a hidden agenda for defending slavery due to the Southern Jews that topolata refer to as Ashkenazi Jews better known as Confederate Jews which were little more than White Supremacists and these same Ashkenazi Jews lived in Germany and (according to Holocaust deniers) spawned Nazism"""

I don't recall "defending" slavery. Can you point out the thread. Jews spawned Nazism and Jews are responsible for southern slavery??. I'm beginning to see the similarities between you and Dee...she too blames the Jews for the black plight. Maybe it's a cultural thing. What kills me is the Jews were very much behind the Civil Rights movement..think Bernie Sanders. And although it can be argued Jews should support Trump because he is pro Israel, most are anti Trump because they recognize he is a racist and a bigot. Where does this ignorance in the black community come from Fun?
 gtomustang
Msg: 4578
Posted: 2/2/2018 7:55:26 AM
"No, I don’t have an hour to spend regurgitating all the same arguments we’ve had before in order to deal with a page-long nonsensical post with topics all over the place. Just like I don’t this time, either, so I’m going to have to get a job alongside Doublespy and do some professional cherry picking responses."

>>>you aren't alone in that sentiment, Hawk :) After the third time I've produced a logical argument against someone's irrational, emotional "Spaghetti at the wall" speaking points they got off some far right wing website...I just smirk at what they've done to prove themselves. of course, it helps there are other posters coming in to stem the tide of nonsense. Like when someone tells a racist joke and no one speaks up, you wonder if everyone is bamboozled into thinking this way and then you speak out against the nonsense. but if the group sets the person straight...you can add to the evidence at your leisure.

(I have to say, the whole "GTO personality" thing is really funny. what the hell is a GTO personality--is that anyone who's extremely knowledgeable and intelligent? :) If I've been here so long, what do I need multiple personalities for, I win so many arguments with only one :) lol i'll do my best not to blush)

As for Hitler bankrupting Germany, the Article 231 War Guilt clause in the Treaty of Versailles began that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles

Germany was so rebuilt under fascism. Prescott Bush found them a better investment than the Great Depression. Heck, IBM may have even helped with the record keeping that made other things possible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust

but, yes, Hitler's foreign policy did not help Germany. it become a parasite economy, constantly having to swallow other nations' GDP.

"If most of the first settlers were from England, it makes me wonder at what point did the people in the U.S. lose their British accents. And how did the people in the south develop their accents-that's very different than people in the north? "

>>>this is such a good question...that it comes up automatically in search :) you are not alone in wondering:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/29761/when-did-americans-lose-their-british-accents
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/when-did-Americans-Lose-British-accents-ask-smithsonian-180955291/
http://www.grammarunderground.com/when-did-america-toss-its-british-accent.html
http://www.carlyleobserver.com/opinion/editorial/did-north-americans-lose-their-british-accent-1.1486852

I hope you read these and others, b/c they are interesting. I'll bet the ones I didn't post, point out that Cajun/Cadian language of New Orleans, isn't very French, either. Not all settlers coming to America were English, of course, New York was originally settled by the Dutch. A lot of settlers coming in were, let's say, "low brow" and risked dying at sea b/c they couldn't make do in Europe or England. They may not have been the educated upper crust, so they may not have learned it thru writing, but phonetically--they may have gotten a nasally accent listening to someone in a cold climate, for example. If memory serves, Australia began as a penal colony, and if so, the prisoners may have used slang in order to get away with talking in front of their captors...and perhaps that lead to their rhyming slang words today.

oh, and in case you read this, Hawk, you mentioned Canadians having American accents...that could be due to the amount of Tories (ie, British supporters during the Revolutionary War) who ran up there after we confiscated their properties and et cetera. or maybe they share our Midwest accent, favored by news broadcasters for its neutrality. tho ironically, many immigrants from Chump's fav land, Norway and Sweden, ended up landing in our flyover states.

but, if immigration is so bad, why do Republicants keep offering amnesty themselves?

http://www.businessinsider.com/reagan-and-bush-made-immigration-executive-orders-2014-11

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422081/jeb-bushs-immigration-plan-brought-you-chuck-schumer-mark-krikorian

http://rense.com/general49/immig.htm

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/26/hold-for-alex-lady-daca-meet-the-pro-amnesty-bush-bureaucrat-who-became-trumps-top-pick-for-dhs/

its just so Hillaryous! racists so afraid of HRC continuing Obama's policy (which they admit was to deport!) that they voted for "amnesty Don"!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/trump-turns-again-on-immigration-allies-bash-amnesty-don.html

I mean, do these people know WTF or what? :) lol
i'm not sure if they have their finger on the pulse or lodged in their ear.
and I doubt they know, either.
 deetristate
Msg: 4579
Posted: 2/2/2018 8:03:09 AM
More pretending ( i.e., lying) that I wrote things that I did not.
I am putting you back in time out (ignore), all-atas/marilyn/loltrump whichever name you may choose to use. .

Ha.

I see that the "gto" personality cannot refute anything either.
Oh, well. (can i get a Hawking's "amen" from himself with another name? ha!)

We are not all immigrants and even if that ludicrous claim was true, it not a good reason to not limit immigration and enforce our laws or even allow DACA.
Your reason is,sympathy. Fine. There is no other.

All the histories of the people's of America and the world do not change that.

WILL CHECK BACK FOR RESPONSive POSTS LATER.

HawkingJr
Msg: 4580
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 8:05:46 AM
"If most of the first settlers were from England, it makes me wonder at what point did the people in the U.S. lose their British accents. And how did the people in the south develop their accents-that's very different than people in the north? People in NYC (Noo Yawk) have a different accent as well. When I hear an Australian talking and a British person talking, I can't tell who is from what country-even though Australians probably think they don't sound like the British. But they maintained some of the British heritage."

Most linguists believe this began happening within a generation of the first American settlers, which occurred about 200 years before Australia was settled (1607 vs. 1788). However, they also believe that it was the British whose accents evolved more from what the only accent was at the time of American settlement. Supposedly the "hard R" was in use at the time, and the Americans kept the hard R while the British lost it. Though that doesn't explain "Noo Yawk." You being Canadian, did you ever think it was odd that Canadians and Americans basically have the same accent even though Canada was founded by a different set of British of people and for the most part much later than America? Permanent English-speaking settlements weren't established in Canada until after France gave up control of it in the 7 Years War that ended in 1763. In fact, it wasn't until the end of the Revolutionary War in 1783 that any significant number of English speakers made their way to Canada. Interestingly, they were British loyalists escaping the U.S. It seems likely, then, the British-American accent split had already occurred by that point, or why wouldn't Canadians sound more like Australians (settled at the same time the British took control of Canada) than Americans?

Obviously, isolation drove all regional differences in accents. Which is likely to never be an issue again in the internet age, although to be fair, the "Valley Girl" accent popped up in an area of Los Angeles county in the 1970s and 80s, despite mass communication and the lack of isolation, so it does still happen. I met an American-born woman whose parents were from Portugal and spoke fluent Portuguese and we watched Brazil's "City of God," and she said she mostly "read" the movie with the subtitles I needed because Brazilian Portuguese is so substantially different from Portugal Portuguese, despite Brazil still being a Portuguese colony into the late 1800s.
 topolata
Msg: 4581
Posted: 2/2/2018 8:30:01 AM

More pretending ( i.e., lying) that I wrote things that I did not.
I am putting you back in time out (ignore), all-atas/marilyn/loltrump whichever name you may choose to use.

Good try Dee, but I remember the argument well... particularly because you blamed the Jews for Apartheid in South Africa and of course, being the typical you, you claimed you would no longer defend Jews when you and your friends discussed the issue...as if I believed (1) you would ever defend Jews to begin with or (2)..your friends were possibly educated enough to know anything about South African Apartheid policies or why the Jews were responsible.

It wasn't just your baked jews comment that made me your enemy Dee....it was the total ignorance you showed in that argument referenced above we had.

I finally realized and accepted that in your case...despite your purported Temple University Graduate Degree ...and Temple is a good school....that there was a hell of a lot you did not know and that many of your opinoins were still based on nothing but ignorance and alternative facts.

But I am not as ignorant as you, and I am fully aware...have been for years....that despite the fact many Jews were the leaders in promoting Civil Rights and they have a group dedicated to "anti-defamation" and anti - bigotry and racism... many in the Black community are anti-semitic.

Why is that? I always assumed the Blacks look at Jewish success... and the Jews who run the local businesses where they shop...and they resent the Jews...maybe even envy them. Those damn Jewish money changers. Its been the same story nation to nation through the ages.

Don't get me wrong...I don't think you are an overt bigot like Hopeless Nutcase...an antisemtic person to his core...a holocaust denier beyond doubt ...although he of course denies that now. A guy who targeted me when he posted as totally screwed up brain & 8 early on and continually attacked Jews through lying about what the Talmud said... a man who then, as soon as he started his hopeless nutcase profile, targeted me again. even when I tried to speak to him civilly... to be "nice" to him at the request of KJ521...his caustic anger and contempt for Jews came out loud and clear. ...But though you are not as bad as hopeless.......it is obvious to me that you blame the jews...just as Fun also shows his contempt. Same old Story...which is why I and almost all Jews support Israel so strongly. We know in the end it is our salvation if push comes to shove..........(which is why when elphaba constantly blasted "zionists" she was in fact showing contempt for all jews herself).
 funchesf
Msg: 4582
Posted: 2/2/2018 9:52:14 AM

Posted By: Topolata
I don't recall "defending" slavery.

humm a case of selected memory perhaps?...your posts that the South "needed" slavery for economic reasons ....is called "defending" ...

I'm beginning to see the similarities between you and Dee.

and I'm beginning to see the similarities between you and Trump

What kills me is the Jews were very much behind the Civil Rights movement.

clearly you're not one of them

And although it can be argued Jews should support Trump because he is pro Israel, most are anti Trump because they recognize he is a racist and a bigot.

I don't remember Trump stating that he likes to walk among Confederate monuments ...but yet you did ...your attempts to romanticize the South and you "supposedly" being a Jew is what give Holocaust deniers ammunition

hopefully one day it might dawn upon you that "no six degrees of separation" exist between the Confederacy and Nazism ...that both exist as one within a philosophy of White Supremacy
 Jo van
Msg: 4583
Posted: 2/2/2018 11:22:02 AM
^^^ Marilyn still believes that "the people who think that they're jews" are a "race", otherwise she can't mentally justify European "westerners" deciding they "belong" there, and that somehow gives them some magic "god-given right" to kill the slightly browner people, who were already living there.
She will hold up some examples of alleged "superior intelligence" and follow up with some "Israeli" film star, as an example of their "typical beauty".
And then we'll 'dance' round and round, about whether "race" exists at all, (which it doesn't) again.

Hawking, as usual, I agree with everything you've posted.
-And while it's true that immigration isn't popular in Japan, and the official government policy is to "dissuade it", in reality, they're desperate for more immigrants.
See:
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/its-population-ages-japan-quietly-turns-immigration

Accents are fascinating (IMO), and certainly over here, it's amazing just how "local" some of the "regional accents" are.
I don't think the internet will have all that great an effect, because it's how you hear a word, when you're growing up, and learning to speak, and how other children around you speak, which has the most effect on how you pronounce a word.
Later in life, people often change their accents.

The American accent has evolved from many varied "cultural" contributions, over the years, but I think many of the original "settlers" came from the "west-country", and Cornwall and Devon, (Plymouth is where the "Mayflower" sailed from, in Devon).
It continues to evolve, and still maintain regional differences.
Accents change, over time, the cultural and the sociological drivers are fascinating.
Sadly, "celebrity-worship" is now playing an increasing role in that.

On my first visits to the USA, the word that really perplexed me was "buoy".
We pronounce that the same as "boy", so I didn't have a clue what they were talking about, when they said "over there, to the right of that boowee".

Trump's about to "release the memo"
-Which will "prove" precisely that a republican trump-"loyalist" agrees with trump, that anyone who doesn't declare their "loyalty" to trump; above nation, law, and constitution is "disloyal" and or "biased"......
So much for "the party of law and order" eh?

Think how much advertising revenue he could make, if he just "live-streamed" himself, constantly being an idiot, all the time, , all day.
-I feel sure they could easily hide a "go-pro" somewhere......under his "thatch"...?

Your politics is so much funnier than ours usually.
We've got the vicar's daughter, over in china, probably begging them to build more reactors for us, and to own some more of our infrastructure.
You couldn't make it up...
 topolata
Msg: 4584
Posted: 2/2/2018 11:22:30 AM
Fun ^^^^ Is there something wrong with your analytical abilities. Stating why the South needed Slavery is in no way defending what they did. It is simply stating a fact.

Let me reiterate... I like to walk among historical monuments... confederate or otherwise. I like History. I am not going to shun the State of Georgia because it was part of the Confederacy. I wills till eat its peaches. I am not going to pretend I don't like historical monuments because you are offended by the same. That you think this somehow shows my support of slavery is just based on ridiculous, muddled thinking on your part.

You obviously do not understand either Confederancy or Nazism if you think you can compare the two

And yea... I do think the South has many Romantic attributes.

The only thing that gives Holocaust deniers ammunition is the evil that lurks in their minds.

If only you could stop babbling.

^^^ Marilyn still believes that "the people who think that they're jews" are a "race", otherwise she can't mentally justify European "westerners" deciding they "belong" there, and that somehow gives them some magic "god-given right" to kill the slightly browner people, who were already living there.
She will hold up some examples of alleged "superior intelligence" and follow up with some "Israeli" film star, as an example of their "typical beauty".
And then we'll 'dance' round and round, about whether "race" exists at all, (which it doesn't) again.

I have justified it thousands of time. You will never get it Herod unless and until you understand Human Psychology, which in most cases requires tribalism...which you don't believe in, and spiritiuality which you don't believe in. You have no concept of what makes people Human... that's is why your repetitive ranting really comes down to having no value. Even if you believe there is no difference between the races... the fact that most people do believe it is all that matters. As for Jews.....yea, they were isolated long enough to develope to a degree their own characteristics. One of those characteristics was the beautiful dark eyes and body of Gal Gadot. Sorry if you can't enjoy female beauty. How sad for you. I do remember my primarily jewish high school, and although I do not particularly like their inherent arrogance... one thing about them... gosh they were beautiful, and going to my high school reunion, some of them are still beautiful. Jewish women, who tend to be both intelligent and pretty.... hard to beat. Sorry.
 Jo van
Msg: 4585
Posted: 2/2/2018 11:52:19 AM

UN Jerusalem vote list: The 128 countries that didn't back US over their Israel capital decision
Britain was among the nations who voted in favour of the UN motion against the US recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/un-jerusalem-vote-latest-updates-list-countries-voted-against-us-israel-capital-nikki-haley-general-a8124136.html
128 countries -that's 2/3 of the world voted against "israel"
-that's not good...
Looks like they're determined to become "isolated" once again!

-Only 9 countries voted against, and they were probably "threatened" by trump, or his goons,
Which is why most of the others simply "diplomatically" abstained.
Otherwise, it could have been 191 against 2!
(Trump, and "israel")

Here's a "heads-up" Marilyn: The bible doesn't belong in the "non-fiction" section of the library!

"Spirituality" is a made-up word.
You can't define it, and if you try, it's purely subjective opinion.
You can't measure it.
Any more than you can measure love.
I have known love, therefore I'm "spiritual".
I am full of "wonder" and hapiness, at the variety of life, and the vastness of the cosmos, and the tininess of particle physics, therefore I'm "spiritual".

Beliefs are just that Marilyn, they can be changed.
You're not dim, think it through.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 4586
Posted: 2/2/2018 12:26:04 PM
Well...what a disappointment...another nothing burgar!
Released modified/cherry picked memo from the Republicans...seems to be heading no where fast....smh.
Don't even need the "whole" legitimate memo to pick apart the timeline and the actions warranted for any fisa investigations.
And it's about Carter Page...of all people.
Remember he was a nobody in the Trump administration....ffs.

A big diversion...of course, listening to Trump....I'm thinking he was probably in on the orchestration of it all.
What an idiot!! The Democrats don't even need to release their memo.
Put it in the dumpster with the ...7th Vault from Wikileaks.
And the Secret Society....
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 4587
Posted: 2/2/2018 12:33:45 PM
^^Whiskey R.

OMG THE VENeTION BLINDS...

I just laughed so hard, I cried!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 4588
Posted: 2/2/2018 12:39:23 PM
Hey that's a great Picture...gonna find it and put it up.
Do we all come back here?

Oh...while I'm at it...What the hell is happening with the Dow...ooops.!!
 chameleonf
Msg: 4589
Posted: 2/2/2018 12:41:58 PM

Heading into the last hour of trading, the Dow is now down 576 points, or 2.2%.

US stock market is suffering the biggest weekly fall since 2016, as rising bond yields spook investors

Perhaps the bubble is starting to burst. As stated before, let's see if Trump will take credit for it - being that he took credit for it's rise. He'll likely blame it on the FBI.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 4590
Posted: 2/2/2018 12:47:00 PM

Do we all come back?

SOME DO! i POSTED MY COOKING PIC- UR INVITED! I left off the fried cabbage & key lime pies & other stuff.

The internet is great to find recipes bec. u have too much of one ingredient & want to not have it go to waste.
I freeze leftovers. Then the young uns on a budget come over- they get to go home w/ some food!
 funchesf
Msg: 4591
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:07:39 PM

Posted By: jovan
Marilyn still believes that "the people who think that they're jews" are a "race",

Marilyn believe that Jews are a tribe that maintain itself by choosing a spouse from a selection of relatives that meet up at the Family reunions and spawn little inbred children that sit on the porch in the swamps of Georgia playing dueling banjos

Fun ^^^^ Is there something wrong with your analytical abilities

How Rude ....I have you know that every one of my school teachers said that I was smart ....or did they say that I was a smart a$$ ....heck, it been so long who knows ...but anyway .....I'm going to ask you a question that someone should have asked you a long time ago ..

THE QUESTION

explain what makes "you yourself" a Jew

it's these Perry Mason moments that makes it all worthwhile
 topolata
Msg: 4592
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:16:45 PM
^^^ I suppose I could say I was born jewish... to two jewish parents, and genetic testing indicates I am something like 98% Ashkenazi Jew...don't ask me how they get it to such a precise amount... I do know my anscestors hale from the Ukrain and Germany....so I'm pretty much European.... but I am guessing you mean do I "practice" Judaism...and the answer is an unequivical NO. I suppose I am fortunate being born into the Tribe so I don't have to prove I deserve to be there. Hope that answers your question.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4593
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:17:18 PM
“Well...what a disappointment...another nothing burgar!”

That there is a highly accurate assessment. My favorite joke about “The Memo” that was going around prior to its release is that the situation was similar to Geraldo Rivera’s Al Capone’s vault special. Anybody remember that? I won’t fully detail the joke here, but the joke ended up being on the joke writer in that this situation turned out EXACTLY like Al Capone’s vault: empty and a huge “letdown.” And certainly nothing particularly useful for anyone other than the Trump worshipping echo chamber.

And, please, tell us Doublespy: what the hell was with the market this week? Especially TODAY. In fact, I’ll be perfectly honest: I don’t understand today at all. Fairly good employment numbers (though black unemployment rose despite Trump’s best efforts) and yesterday we had one of the Fed banks claiming the GDP was heading toward a ridiculous 5%. And the market’s reaction to that info is crashing?

Maybe it was “The Memo."
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 4594
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:21:53 PM
I think it all comes down to a heated economy, which leads to inflation, which means higher interest rates. Combine that with the ruinous tax cuts for the rich, and you've got a recipe for a fiscal catastrophe.
 LGL1975
Msg: 4595
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2018 1:50:52 PM

I think it all comes down to a heated economy, which leads to inflation, which means higher interest rates. Combine that with the ruinous tax cuts for the rich, and you've got a recipe for a fiscal catastrophe.

Yes it's business as usual for the republicans. But they really fooled everyone with the populism gimmick.
 topolata
Msg: 4596
Posted: 2/2/2018 2:18:13 PM

In fact, I’ll be perfectly honest: I don’t understand today at all. Fairly good employment numbers (though black unemployment rose despite Trump’s best efforts) and yesterday we had one of the Fed banks claiming the GDP was heading toward a ridiculous 5%. And the market’s reaction to that info is crashing?

Its really simple.... Interest Rates are going up. Not so much because of a heated economy as much as the fact of Quantitative tightening has just begun.....The Fed, rather than buying up all of the debt, is now reducing its balance sheet... in an escalating fashion into the future. And with the deficit growing much larger under Trump and His tax cuts, without treasury debt being bought up by the Fed....all of that debt in the market needs to pay higher interest rates to find buyers. As interest rates go up.. stock prices come down. Ten year bond yields reached a high, I believe yesterday, that was twice its level in 2016.

Interest rates, i.e yields will continue going up..far more than already... so a market drop is coming. . . just a question of how much. There is no getting around this. We are now in a Bond bear market. The Fed is clearing the liabilities on its balance sheet and looks like nothing is going to change that...even another market crash.
 gtomustang
Msg: 4597
Posted: 2/2/2018 2:43:13 PM
"Well...what a disappointment...another nothing burger! Released modified/cherry picked memo from the Republicans...seems to be heading no where fast....smh. Don't even need the "whole" legitimate memo to pick apart the timeline and the actions warranted for any fisa investigations. And it's about Carter Page...of all people. Remember he was a nobody in the Trump administration....ffs."

>>>good call, WR. The first clue, was the release of the news...on a Friday. That's where the administration goes for news to die. They made the big hype thru the week, and then released it on Friday, so that the reporters couldn't spend the week tearing it apart. Maybe the Sunday morning talking heads will laugh at the administration for wasting White Again House relations with the intelligence community:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sen-john-mccain-on-nunes-memo-release-we-are-doing-putins-job-for-him/ar-BBICr2b?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Meanwhile, higher employment means higher overhead costs for business, and the market is crashing, crashing under Chump!

"The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 665.75 points to close at 25,520.96, capping off the index's sixth-largest points decline ever. The 30-stock index also fell below 26,000. Friday also marked the first time since June 2016 that the Dow fell at least 500 points. The S&P 500 fell 2.1 percent and finished at 2,762.13, with energy as the worst-performing sector. The Nasdaq composite plunged 1.96 percent to 7,240.95 as a decline in Apple and Alphabet offset a strong gain in Amazon shares. The Dow posted its worst day since June 2016. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq had their biggest one-day fall since September 2016 and August 2017, respectively. "
""The reaction in the bond market is due to the rise in average hourly earnings," said James Ragan, the director of individual investor group research at D.A. Davidson. "I think the market is now thinking of the possibility that the Fed could raise rates four times this year rather than three."
"Wall Street also assessed key corporate earnings. Exxon Mobil reported weaker-than-expected earnings on Friday, sending its stock lower. Tech giant Apple reported better-than-expected quarterly results. But the stock fell 4.4 percent after the company said it expects profit margins of 38 percent to 38.5 percent, tighter than the expected 38.9 percent. Apple also reported lighter-than-expected iPhone sales for its previous quarter. Google-parent Alphabet also reported quarterly results, with earnings per share missing expectations. The company's stock dropped 5.3 percent on the back of the report. "

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-plunges-665-points-as-stocks-post-worst-week-in-2-years/ar-BBIBtvE?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

where's Doublebubble to blame Chump? Will he ask us if we're winning? will he ask about out retirement funds? oh well, he'll tuck his tail betwixt his legs, hide underneath his seat, and be quiet as usual. B/c that's the other problem with Friday news, Faux isn't around to reach up his ass and move his lips like a good puppet. Well, maybe the interest rate will shrink in fear? who knows, this isn't an administration known for doing anything intelligent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stock-plunge-may-not-end-until-interest-rates-stop-going-up/ar-BBICCaD?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-20/yellen-says-she-ll-leave-fed-once-powell-sworn-in-as-chairman
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 4598
Posted: 2/2/2018 5:16:34 PM
Average hourly wages jumped 2.9 percent in Jan 2018 over last January.
Unemployment rate down to 4.1%.
GDP growth of 2.6% in last quarter 2017.

Inflation is the concern now as the economy further heats up.
Markets drops ... well you win some and lose one.
Voters will vote based on them having jobs and money in there pockets.
2018 looking good.

Its the Economy Stupid!
 Imported_labor
Msg: 4599
Posted: 2/2/2018 6:20:27 PM
Oh, wow! That 3% means that people making $11.00 will now be earning the fantastic sum of $11.33 per hour. You think that they will now be able to rent a place to live, or buy health insurance?
 Sandbyday
Msg: 4600
Posted: 2/2/2018 9:28:13 PM
^^^ Yeah. You're right. Would be much better if wages dropped 10%. That would be another impeachable offense. Along with the drinking of diet Coke and having three scoops of ice cream.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?