Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4876
view profile
History
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 196 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)
I’m not sure how much intelligence has to do with Trump mania. There have been many highly intelligent people throughout history that used their brilliance for “evil” purposes. The vast majority of Nazi and Confederate leaders were intelligent but had what most of us consider today to be evil philosophies and therefore used their intelligence to do destructive things. Though, certainly, it’s all relative: very few people (besides most slaves) considered slavery to be evil when this country was founded, so it shouldn’t be all that surprising that almost half the country (including many intelligent people) still considered slavery “good and necessary” in the 1860s. Over 90% of America’s population considers that concept absurd today, but 150 years from now probably 90% of the country will consider what about 50% of the country believed today to be absurd.

KJ’s problem is more selective empathy, which she would probably argue is OUR problem as well. While our upbringings have led to us feeling great empathy for those threatened with deportation from the only country they’ve ever known, KJ’s and Dee’s upbringings have led to them feeling far greater empathy for those citizens of this country who are the victims of crimes of those from other countries (however rare that might actually be). Reasonable people with different viewpoints on that topic can have honest, intellectual discussions about it.

What starts seeming truly unintelligent on KJ’s behalf is the inability to see that Trump is highly dishonest despite overwhelming evidence supporting that position ("fake news!"). Furthermore she also appears to be very susceptible to cults-of-personality and conspiracy theories, which again, not necessarily a sign of limited intelligence so much as a personality issue, or not, depending on your point-of-view on the matter. But apparently there is a cult-of-personality limit even on Trump worshippers. The fallout on his absurd veto threat then retreat just keeps getting worse... today anyway – I will admit, they do seem to have short memories, so he might send out a “Crooked Hillary/Mueller” tweet in a couple of days and they’ll all be licking his feet again.

And of course the stock market crashed again today, so if that keeps up with every tariff move he makes, even his own economic advisors might start wondering if the emperor has no clothes. Actually, from what’s leaking out of the White House (“unnamed sources”), most of those there know this (“f**king moron”) and apparently keep supporting him purely out of fear... of what, exactly, I’m not sure. You really think those who tell the truth about Trump are going to be ostracized forever? They just need to man up like that Fox News Contributor that quit the other day and be the heroes from the inside that help put an end to this “Being president for life like that Chinese guy sounds great!” madness. Not that Trump being fully exposed by those closest to him will stop the KJs from believing. As you know, madness is like gravity...all it takes is a little push...

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah!

(Yeah, we pretty much live in a comic book world at this point.)
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4877
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 3/23/2018 2:32:40 PM
"you really have to start wondering if Trump truly is Mentally Ill"

>>I don't wonder, I predicted it a while ago based on his prior activity. The wonder is how dump Trumpanzees have to be to resist seeing it. The Vandal barbarian in them just wants to see the world burn...and John Bolton simply has to be his usually bullying self, throwing nonsense claims and insults around, and he'll fit right into the White Again House. The same Republicans who supported Bolton's neo con wet dreams only to decide Iraq was a failure, will forget all over again the things that just get in the way of their Neanderthal grunts.

"is hell bent on damaging the country as much as possible in retribution"

>>>here's the scary thing--the Trumpanzees who feel like their lives are out of control, their jobs are lost to automation, and America is no longer a color they realize...already think the country's damaged. That's why they don't worry about it getting worse than it is--they already think its rock-bottom. They can only see it go up (ie, backwards) from here. The days of the world kissing our ass is done, as China's response to the trade war is revealing. And our plans for Afghanistan, now that the spring offensive is around the corner?

oh, we're going to do the same bullshit that did nothing the last few years. We haven't figured out you can't talk peace while blowing up the enemy in hopes of getting a better position to talk peace. Didn't work in Vietnam, no matter how many years we tried to do it.

The Republican party probably realizes, it has one last use for Chump--wait for the election, then dump Chump. The American voter can only remember the last thing it heard, and it will hear the GOP proclaim it (finally) listened and did the right thing.

"and I don't understand why other intelligent people like KJ don't see what I see."

"I would suggest that because an individual seems intelligent in some areas, does not mean they are intelligent when it comes to all things."

"There have been many highly intelligent people throughout history that used their brilliance for “evil” purposes. The vast majority of Nazi and Confederate leaders were intelligent but had what most of us consider today to be evil philosophies and therefore used their intelligence to do destructive things. Though, certainly, it’s all relative"

>>>ding ding ding, Hawk and Cham get the Occum's Razor award. A parrot can repeat what its heard, doesn't mean its intelligent. A person who can't explain what they said, may not be shy. A person can be knowledgeable about facts, but not have the intelligence to apply it. A person may have common sense about factors that relate to them, but not have a clue how other people live. a lot of people cannot spot red flags in other people, that are just like the red flags in their own lives. Personally, I was never surprised KJ "turned" into what we see, I always saw it a long time ago. now I can merely put a name to it, but she's acted recently the way she's always acted around here. the person who labeled her "cheerleader", saw it as well.

but she's not the first, on either side of the political spectrum, to mistake cult of personality for aptitude. and for what its worth, I really do try as hard as I can to not hold peoples' actions against them. She could be a real Southern Belle in life.
 trinity818
Msg: 4878
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 4:22:09 PM

ok sure no problem I'll call you.... is your phone number still (666) 666-666 ?

2Irish11111
Msg: 4879
Posted: 3/23/2018 5:49:24 PM
Rosablancaonly....I wonder...what in a name???
 ja6425
Msg: 4880
Posted: 3/23/2018 8:50:11 PM
Nunes memo raises question: Did FBI violate Woods Procedures?
By Sharyl Attkisson, opinion contributor For all the debate over the House Republican memo pointing to alleged misconduct by some current and former FBI and Justice Department officials, one crucial point hasn’t gotten the attention it deserves.

And it relates in an unexpected way to special counsel Robert Mueller.

The point is: There are strict rules requiring that each and every fact presented in an FBI request to electronically spy on a U.S. citizen be extreme-vetted for accuracy — and presented to the court only if verified.

There’s no dispute that at least some, if not a great deal, of information in the anti-Trump “Steele dossier” was unverified or false. Former FBI director James Comey testified as much himself before a Senate committee in June 2017. Comey repeatedly referred to “salacious” and “unverified” material in the dossier, which turned out to be paid political opposition research against Donald Trump funded first by Republicans, then by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Presentation of any such unverified material to the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to justify a wiretap would appear to violate crucial procedural rules, called “Woods Procedures,” designed to protect U.S. citizens.

Yet Comey allegedly signed three of the FISA applications on behalf of the FBI. Deputy Director Andrew McCabe reportedly signed one and former Attorney General Sally Yates, then-Acting Deputy Attorney General Dana Boente and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein each reportedly signed one or more.

Woods Procedures

Woods Procedures were named for Michael Woods, the FBI official who drafted the rules as head of the Office of General Counsel’s National Security Law Unit. They were instituted in April 2001 to “ensure accuracy with regard to … the facts supporting probable cause” after recurring instances, presumably inadvertent, in which the FBI had presented inaccurate information to the FISA court.

Prior to Woods Procedures, “ncorrect information was repeated in subsequent and related FISA packages,” the FBI told Congress in August 2003. “By signing and swearing to the declaration, the headquarters agent is attesting to knowledge of what is contained in the declaration.”

It’s incredible to think of how many FBI and Justice Department officials would have touched the multiple applications to wiretap Trump campaign adviser Carter Page — allegedly granted, at least in part, on the basis of unverified and thus prohibited information — if normal procedures were followed.

The FBI’s complex, multi-layered review is designed for the very purpose of preventing unverified information from ever reaching the court. It starts with the FBI field offices.

According to former FBI agent Asha Rangappa, who wrote of the process last year in JustSecurity.org, the completed FISA application requires approval through the FBI chain of command “including a Supervisor, the Chief Division Counsel (the highest lawyer within that FBI field office), and finally, the Special Agent in Charge of the field office, before making its way to FBI Headquarters to get approval by (at least) the Unit-level Supervisor there.”

At FBI headquarters, an “action memorandum” is prepared with additional facts culled by analytical personnel assigned to espionage allegations involving certain foreign powers.

Next, it goes to the Justice Department “where attorneys from the National Security Division comb through the application to verify all the assertions made in it,” wrote Rangappa. “DOJ verifies the accuracy of every fact stated in the application. If anything looks unsubstantiated, the application is sent back to the FBI to provide additional evidentiary support – this game of bureaucratic chutes and ladders continues until DOJ is satisfied that the facts in the FISA application can both be corroborated and meet the legal standards for the court. After getting sign-off from a senior DOJ official (finally!).”

There’s more

But there are even more reviews and processes regarding government applications for wiretaps designed to make sure inaccurate or unverified information isn’t used.

In November 2002, the FBI implemented a special FISA Unit with a unit chief and six staffers, and installed an automated tracking system that connects field offices, headquarters, the National Security Law Branch and the Office of Intelligence, allowing participants to track the process during each stage.

Starting March 1, 2003, the FBI required field offices to confirm they’ve verified the accuracy of facts presented to the court through the case agent, the field office’s Chief Division Counsel and the Special Agent in Charge.

All of this information was provided to Congress in 2003. The FBI director at the time also ordered that any issue as to whether a FISA application was factually sufficient was to be brought to his attention. Personally.

Who was the director of the FBI when all of this careful work was done?

Robert Mueller.

Perhaps ironically, Mueller isn’t in charge of the investigation examining the conduct of FBI and Justice Department officials and whether they followed the rules he’d carefully implemented 15 years before. Instead, Mueller is leading the probe into Russia’s alleged illegal connections with Trump associates. Congress is looking at the wiretap process.

With so much information still classified, redacted and — in some cases — withheld, there is much we don’t know. Perhaps we will eventually learn that there’s a good reason unverified material was given to the court. Maybe there was no violation of rules or processes.

But there’s a reason Woods Procedures exist in the first place. They aren’t arcane rules that could have been overlooked or misunderstood by the high-ranking and seasoned professionals working under the Obama and Trump administrations who touched the four Carter Page wiretap applications and renewals. And unless they’ve secretly been lifted or amended, Woods Procedures aren’t discretionary.

In the past, when the FBI has presented inaccuracies to the FISA court, it’s been viewed so seriously that it’s drawn the attention of the Department of Justice Office of Professional Responsibility, which investigates Justice Department attorneys accused of misconduct or crimes in their professional functions.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4881
Posted: 3/23/2018 9:05:01 PM
"Presentation of any such unverified material to the Federal Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court to justify a wiretap would appear to violate crucial procedural rules, called “Woods Procedures,” designed to protect U.S. citizens."

>>>and since the Nunes memo, last paragraph, clearly says the probe began from Carter Page yappin' to a diplomat, the whole thing is out of the Woods. I mean, why would Chump renew the whole thing that got himself into hot water, if Chump didn't think it was perfectly legal?

Now let's talk about real news, Chump hiring a neo-con...
 ja6425
Msg: 4882
Posted: 3/23/2018 9:10:54 PM
Thankfully, it sounds like we will be getting another Special Counsel to investigate the many many names I have talked about in other posts. Facts that liberals are not going to like at all!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 4883
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2018 9:26:41 PM

..............you really have to start wondering if Trump truly is Mentally Ill ..............

????????Start????????????wondering?
 Tomata
Msg: 4884
Posted: 3/24/2018 7:51:14 AM
"Rosablancaonly....I wonder...what in a name???'

In my mind...I see a blonde wigged bimbo bottom dweller. My mind also tells me tomata is gone. But I will let Rosa be. She is entertainingly in a tiff with babbling funchesf.
 Tomata
Msg: 4885
Posted: 3/24/2018 7:51:32 AM
"Rosablancaonly....I wonder...what in a name???'

In my mind...I see a blonde wigged bimbo bottom dweller. My mind also tells me tomata is gone. But I will let Rosa be. She is entertainingly in a tiff with babbling funchesf.
 Tomata
Msg: 4886
Posted: 3/24/2018 8:25:12 AM
"""Now let's talk about real news, Chump hiring a neo-con..."""

This can only mean that Trump will be taking us to war or pulling off a huge Bluff. The man has no idea about the contents of the Iran agreement but he claims it's a terrible deal. The CIA should just take this f***** out before he truly does destroy the country and the world.
 from site to sight
Msg: 4887
Posted: 3/24/2018 9:24:22 AM

The man has no idea about the contents of the Iran agreement but he claims it's a terrible deal.

The bonehead doesn't know anything about any international deal. He just parrots the same mindless phrase all of the time- that every deal is a bad deal for the U.S. That way, he doesn't have to know anything, but make it sound like he knows what's going on. So his solution is to scrap every deal, no matter what the consequences-especially if it's a deal that was done during Obama's reign as president. Scrapping any and all of Obama's deals is priority number one for Trump. The Trump motto is "Love Me and Putin, and Hate Obama and Hillary". I think Trump secretly admires Bill Clinton for banging women while in the White House. Two peas in a pod.

Guess who is going to pay in Trump's quest to impose high tariffs on goods made in China-and eventually, all other countries. It will be people in the good ol' U.S. of A. (or as Canadians would say "U.S. Eh?) who will be paying for it by paying more for everything. Trump has convinced the equally stupid people in the U.S. that imposing high tariffs on foreign made goods will make companies shut down their overseas operations where wages and operating costs are very low, and will open up factories in the U.S. and pay American workers high wages and benefits. It ain't gonna happen. Either way, the cost of living is going to go up significantly. And of course, Trump won't care, because inflation doesn't affect him.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 4888
Posted: 3/24/2018 10:27:02 AM

Guess who is going to pay in Trump's quest to impose high tariffs on goods made in China-and eventually, all other countries

Say Whaaaaaaat??
Who the hell thinks these things through?
That's why his job is so easy... No thinking involved
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4889
Posted: 3/24/2018 3:19:38 PM
"guess who's going to pay for Trump's quest to impose high tariffs on Chinese goods?"

>>>oooh, ooh, I know!

The same people paying for that dumbass wall.
 hootata
Msg: 4890
Posted: 3/25/2018 7:56:13 PM
What happened to poor Rosa? Lol. Could somebody have assumed Rosa was the blonde wigged bimbo bottom dweller? Blondee looks like you never get to post..and yet I'm still here. 😃🤣🤣🤣
 hootata
Msg: 4891
Posted: 3/25/2018 8:00:56 PM
Just so you know blondee...i did not contribute to your demise, this time....i get the feeling you have more here that dislike you over even those who might dislike me. Very sad. 😥😣
 KPOL52
Msg: 4892
Posted: 3/26/2018 4:48:16 PM
Well he HAS added more proof to the pudding, not that any more proof was really necessary.

The broken c!ock pudding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day or something to that effect.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters".

Ironically and sadly, that 17 word salvo is probably the most accurate statement to ever leave his lips.

Make no mistake though, the clock is ticking for him running the country.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4893
Posted: 3/27/2018 7:18:28 AM
considering what has happened since he made the statement, it is as accurate as it is ironic. I imagine he could be caught with a live boy or a dead girl in his bed, and still not offend those who's only wish is to "shake things up". If he campaigned on who can use what bathroom, they might even follow like lemmings. or they'll just assume its another "let Trump be Trump" moment, like "let Manny be Manny" in baseball.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4894
Posted: 3/27/2018 5:41:44 PM
As time marches on, I give George Will more credit...he's one of the few conservatives who can admit the emperor has no clothes on

"Because John Bolton is five things President Trump is not -- intelligent, educated, principled, articulate and experienced -- and because of Bolton's West Wing proximity to a president responsive to the most recent thought he has heard emanating from cable television or an employee, Bolton will soon be the second-most dangerous American."
"Even this scatterbrain's Swiss cheese-style tariffs are too sloppy to reflect forethought. He has sentiments, and visceral reactions to which he is attentive. But to speak of, say, a sincere sofa is to commit what philosophers call a "category mistake" -- sofas are incapable of sincerity -- and to speak of this president's convictions (or plans, or policies) about this or that is a category mistake.
It is frequently said that the decision to invade Iraq was the worst U.S. foreign policy decision since Vietnam. Actually, it was worse than Vietnam, and the worst in American history, for two reasons. One is that so far we probably have paid no more than 20 percent of the eventual costs of that decision that enhanced Iran's ascendency.
The other reason is that America gradually waded waist deep into Vietnam without a crossing-the-Rubicon moment -- a single clear, dispositive decision."
"For the first time since World War II, when the mobilization of U.S. industrial might propelled this nation to the top rank among world powers, the American president is no longer the world's most powerful person. The president of China is, partly because of the U.S. president's abandonment of the Trans-Pacific Partnership without an alternative trade policy. Power is the ability to achieve intended effects. Randomly smashing crockery does not count. The current president resembles Winston Churchill's description of Secretary of State John Foster Dulles -- "the only bull I know who carries his china closet with him."
"Bolton's belief in the U.S. power to make the world behave and eat its broccoli reflects what has been called "narcissistic policy disorder" -- the belief that whatever happens in the world happens because of something the United States did or did not do. This is a recipe for diplomatic delusions and military overreaching. Speaking of delusions, one died last week -- the belief that this president could be safely cocooned within layers of adult supervision. Bolton's predecessor, H.R. McMaster, wrote a brilliant book ("Dereliction of Duty") on the failure of officials, particularly military leaders, who knew better but did not resist the stumble into the Vietnam disaster.
McMaster is being replaced because he would have done his duty regarding the impulses of the most dangerous American.

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will032418.php3#ov6WdGFCQByBpCmf.99
 chameleonf
Msg: 4895
Posted: 3/28/2018 9:15:05 AM
So, what good things has Trump accomplished to date. Not much.

He is now attempting to take credit for NK meeting with China "secretly" although he was told about it after the fact. It would seem to be a clear signal that China is proving that it holds the upper hand and perhaps it's another signal that Trump's ever waffling sanctions on China (never mind clawed back trade "negotiations" with most other countries) aren't having the intended effect, and possibly the opposite, and may ultimately result in the U.S. being booted from the strategic location of the Korean Peninsula. Couple this with China's current friendship with Russia and what would appear to be a developing stronger alliance between the two, the U.S., particularly under Trump's fly by the seat of his pants method of global relations, is further decreasing the State's standing as the once touted world leader. Have no fear though, Trump will still tell you that was by design.

Of course, as stated by others, there's the good ol' wall not being paid for by Mexico but by those who voted for him based on the rah rah siss boom bah of the campaign and just up until recently. In his business style of rob Peter to pay Paul, he now wants this to occur by taking from Pentagon funds. What a doofus.

So many detrimental examples with so little space to list them all. It should be hoped that his personal-come-political scandals will take the man out of office - the sooner the better.
 ja6425
Msg: 4896
Posted: 3/28/2018 5:21:10 PM
GDP is almost twice as much in 2017 as it was in 2016. Whether you like trump or not, you can't deny that. Obama's figures in 2016 were dismal.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4897
Posted: 3/29/2018 4:06:25 PM
Yes, thank goodness Europe and Asia has bought more of our goods and services in 2017 than I 2016. And golly, Sessions has decided investigating HRC isn't worth much, either:

"House Republicans nevertheless first urged Sessions to appoint a special counsel last year to investigate various matters surrounding Hillary Clinton, including how the FBI dealt with her handling of classified information, as well as allegations that a Russian energy nuclear agency donated to the Clinton Foundation in order to later secure her approval of its purchase of a uranium mining company when Clinton was secretary of state.
"The allegations are unproven, and Democrats and Clinton say the allegations are false and an attempt to distract from the Russia investigation."
Fox News host Sean Hannity has devoted considerable coverage to, as he calls it, the Uranium One "scandal," and Trump has scolded reporters for purportedly failing to highlight it as the "real Russia story."
"Attorney General Jeff Sessions is not naming a new special counsel to investigate Republican-driven accusations against the FBI"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sessions-does-not-appoint-second-special-counsel/ar-AAvghsQ?ocid=spartandhp

and the Russia probe is taking a new turn...as usual

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-special-counsel-probing-russia-contacts-at-republican-convention-sources/ar-AAvg1O6?ocid=spartandhp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/exclusive-fbi-looked-into-trump-plans-to-build-hotel-in-latvia-with-putin-supporter/ar-AAveONO?ocid=spartandhp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/source-mueller-pushed-for-gates-help-on-collusion/ar-AAvgw03
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?