Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chameleonf
Msg: 4951
hey, did anyone get fired today?Page 199 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)

Exactly Chame, you should relay that to woobs!

Me thinks Woobey's intelligence is "actually" above 135 on the IQ scale as opposed to your "almost" 100. See how that works?
 ja6425
Msg: 4952
hey, did anyone get fired today?
Posted: 4/5/2018 3:31:23 PM
Well Chame, if "almost" and "exact" is the same with your intelligence level, not sure we could give you an IQ of 60 and that could be generous. See how you will mock and then find out you probably shouldn't???? I know, with your IQ that wouldn't compute.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4953
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 4/5/2018 4:51:09 PM
"In any case, even 2.9 is NOT twice as much as 1.8%. Good deduction wooby...... Your reading comprehension needs some work. "Almost" is NOT the same as saying something is "exact"."

>>>yeah, 1.8 x 2 = 3.6 So if I want to buy something from John Quixote and he wanted $36,000 for it, I could say, "hey, i'll give you $29,000, that's almost close" and he'd say, "oh, yeah, you're right! when you're right, you're right".

didn't Chump say those numbers are fake news and can't be trusted when he ran for prez?

Meanwhile:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-floated-replacing-sessions-with-pruitt-this-week/ar-AAvwiy1?ocid=spartanntp
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 4954
hey, did anyone get fired today?
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:10:00 PM
John, if Obama's figure were doubled, it'd be 3.6. The latest turnip figure is 2.9. 2.9 is 80.5555555556% of 3.6. In my book, 80.55555555% doesn't equal either *exactly* double, or *almost* double. Not even in horseshoes. Not even close, bunky.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 4955
Pruitt is next on the list!!!
Posted: 4/5/2018 5:10:25 PM
President Trump admamately claims he's not starting a trade war and then threatens the Chinese with $100 Billion in new tariffs

NewYorker58
Msg: 4956
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2018 7:20:32 PM
Mustang, I read this npr article. It's saying the P.O. is in the red. Doesn't someone have to pay more to make them profitable? Why not Amazon & Wal-Mart? Walmart has been advertising deliveries now too. I'm providing the article link for the blurb below. They're talking an uptick in revenue, but conspicuously missing is, what is Amazon paying vs the P.O.'s costs for labor, etc?

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/04/599579232/fact-check-is-the-post-office-losing-money-by-delivering-packages-for-amazon

NAYLOR: In fact, package deliveries have been the bright spot in the Postal Service's financial picture the last several years. It reported more than $19 billion of revenue from package deliveries last year - an increase of 11 percent.

Still, that wasn't enough to put the Postal Service into the black. In part, that's because fewer people are mailing first-class letters and bills. The Postal Service lost some $2.7 billion last year.
 ja6425
Msg: 4957
Posted: 4/5/2018 9:56:04 PM
Hillary "almost" won the election. California and that liberal wacko state gave her "approximately" 3 million more votes then her opponent. She won California but "not exactly" the election. Those two words(exactly and almost) that the liberals get confused with and "try" to use examples that make no sense. Sorry if you like that 1.8%, most would rather have that 2.9%. Yup, EXACTLY!!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4958
Posted: 4/6/2018 5:29:05 AM
As the NPR article pointed out, the PO has a big hole in its budget that its competitors (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) do not have:

"Democratic Senator Tom Carper of Delaware says there's another reason for the red ink - something few, if any, other businesses have to deal with. TOM CARPER: The other thing that's hurting the Postal Service's bottom line is a requirement to pay off, over a 10-year period of time, health care costs for their pensioners. That's what's really choking the Postal Service - that and the decline in first-class mail."

>>>are the customers of the PO required to fill in that hole? they may not be able to. While the Amazon deal is sealed, an advantage can be seen:

"the vast majority of their packages are being entered locally, and they're very cost-efficient for the Postal Service to handle for the most part. NAYLOR: In fact, package deliveries have been the bright spot in the Postal Service's financial picture the last several years. It reported more than $19 billion of revenue from package deliveries last year - an increase of 11 percent."
...it's ready to be handed over directly to the carrier who's going to deliver it, unlike when you or I take a package into our local post office."

in short...it may not automatically be a bad deal for the PO, which needs a few contracts for package shipping to make up for a lack of letter shipping. But there's still that hole to deal with, which it doesn't share with its competition.

Meanwhile, Chump wanted to replace Sessions with Pruitt, and maybe its good that fell thru:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/scott-pruitt’s-job-in-jeopardy-amid-expanding-ethics-issues/ar-AAvujjz?ocid=spartandhp

and the stock market continues to reflect Chump's economic policy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-futures-indicate-more-than-350-point-drop-at-market-open-after-trump-threatens-more-tariffs-on-china/ar-AAvwHi5?ocid=spartandhp

Where is double bubble to champion the tax cuts and how we libs are going to have to accept their benefits no matter what? he's so quiet on this issue now. what could possibly cause that to happen?
 voltata
Msg: 4959
Posted: 4/6/2018 6:52:09 AM
Where is double? Obviously some miscreant terminated him. Double did nothing to be terminated other than having a contrary opinion.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 4960
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 1:06:38 PM
Well… 5 of the top 15 Dow point declines of all time have now occurred during the Trump administration, including today’s. The most interesting thing about all of the massive selloffs of the past 2 months is that they all happened directly as a result of something Trump said or did, whereas practically none of the other 500+ points selloffs in history could be directly connected to the president. Yeah, sure, in this case it didn’t help that the March jobs report came out today and it was not great (only 100,000 new jobs, a 6 month low) and a little later the Fed chairman muttered something about hiking interest rates because of inflation, but the tailspin started yesterday right after the markets closed when Trump requested $100B in new tariffs on China (of course the jobs report from his administration and Fed chairman that he appointed are all on Trump anyway). Trump's mouth and actions are also what started the other 4 big selloffs (and several slightly smaller ones, including earlier this week). SO MUCH WINNING. I mean, we’re all so used to Trump’s exaggerations that this morning’s highly understated “We’re gonna hurt a little” felt very frightening. Man, I do not need a recession right now. My employment is already teetering as it is. Thanks, Donald.

It will definitely be interesting to see how much longer 3% GDP growth continues with all this going on. Some like to claim GDP is unrelated to the stock market, but so much investment that drives GDP comes from capital gains – you have to believe the past 3 quarters of growth were inflated some by stock market profits. The effects of the past couple months on the GDP may not kick in until we get the 2Q report in 3Q. It’ll be a messed up way to get a “blue tsunami” but Trump directly crashing the economy would probably do it. Already a lot of Republican congressmen men like Sasse are outright calling him stupid, and farmers that voted for him are getting mad as hell about the effect tariffs and anti-immigrant strategies had on their businesses. The Wisconsin Supreme Court election and Pennsylvania congressional election might just be the tip of the iceberg. Still, I continue to scratch my head on how this guy’s up to 40% in most polls. Seems almost a backlash against Stormy, or maybe he did get a couple points from the tax cuts. But if this keeps up, he’ll be in the 20s by November and impeached (with the approval of many of his voters) by February. Even with the Democrats capturing Arizona, Nevada and according to the latest polls Tennessee, I still don’t see a Senate conviction, but who knows? I’m sure by now the majority of Republicans are begging for a President Pence. Probably none of the crazy worshippers on this message board, but most "normal" Republicans.

I can’t stop by without saying something about Pruitt. He may very well be the most corrupt cabinet-level appointee of all time, and that’s saying a lot in the most corrupt administration in modern history. Forget the shady condo rental from his lobbyist. Forget the first class and chartered flights because he’s so “hated” he can’t fly coach (but don’t forget he used government money to pay for his personal trips to Disneyland, too). This dude made a formal request for raises for his favorite aides, which was denied by the White House, then he gave them the raises anyway, then acted like he had no idea how they got the raises. He demoted aides that tried to stop him from making illegal purchases. He relieved his security chief of duty because he wouldn’t use sirens to get Pruitt through traffic faster. This bugger is a first class corrupted tyrant to the nth degree. If he was in a Democratic administration, Republicans in Congress would have bypassed the president to fire him 5 scandals ago. Yet most Republicans are coming to his defense, claiming he’s far more good than bad and the corruption stories are liberal MSM fake news. Yeah, he’s done good – if by good you mean poisoning the earth beyond salvation. Just like Trump likes it. But now even John Kelly’s telling Trump that Pruitt’s gone too far and he needs to be fired if he won’t resign. Supposedly Trump’s no longer paying any attention to Kelly so we’ll see how far that goes. The big question at this point is how many more scandals can Pruitt get entangled with before he gets a free one (stamp card joke).

Oh, and after Trump finally waded into Stormy territory yesterday (throwing Cohen under the bus and likely invalidating the contract by lying that he knew nothing about the payments), evangelical leaders are demanding a meeting with him to discuss. Now those are the wrong people’s side to get on for Trump. It is interesting none of the reporters asked him if the affair allegations were true, just questions about Cohen’s involvement. Of course, legally... that’s all that matters.

Back to the original subject: the best thing Trump has accomplished is turning the country so blue that come 2020, the GOP might cease to exist. Of course, by then, the entire country might cease to exist...
 voltata
Msg: 4961
Posted: 4/6/2018 2:19:37 PM

Of course, by then, the entire country might cease to exist..

No question the country is fuked..... but the blame can not be put entirely on Trump. The country has been rolling to economic catastrophe for quite a while now...Trump could have tried to prevent the coming disaster....instead he has made things much worse.

The economy is still strong...but when the market crashes, it will take the economy with it....its just a question of time now.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4962
Posted: 4/6/2018 2:26:55 PM
its just flat out amazing, that Chump could have taken the bonanza Obama handed him, just rode it into a second term.

instead, he flat out couldn't STFU, and he'll sink things in a frenzy to distract from his own scandals with twitter nonsense.

meanwhile, the TV show Rosanne got ripped for its "deplorable" joke:

"Numerous viewers condemned the recently revived series over a scene in Tuesday's episode where John Goodman's character, Dan Conner, tells Roseanne they "missed all the shows about black and Asian families" because they fell asleep in between "Wheel of Fortune" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" "They're just like us," Roseanne Barr's character responds. "There, now you're all caught up." The line seemed to take aim at "black-ish" and "Fresh off the Boat," which air between "Wheel of Fortune" and "Kimmel" on ABC, the same network that broadcasts "Roseanne."

"He then said he wouldn't expect Barr and Goodman's characters to watch series like "black-ish" or "Fresh of the Boat," but contended there was no reason to make the joke in the first place. "Consider what exactly the audience is laughing at," he wrote. "What exactly is the punchline here? I'll tell you what it is: it's an endorsement of dismissiveness and disregard. It's a familiarity and comfort with the culture of objectifying and demeaning people of color."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/‘roseanne’-ripped-over-‘belittling’-joke-about-minority-led-shows/ar-AAvyw81?ocid=spartandhp

>>>so, is it a sign of progress that Trump supporters are just like blacks and Asians, or is it dismissive to say the problems of all groups are exactly the same? is it class consciousness to say that they all have economic problems and have similar issues inside their families?
 chameleonf
Msg: 4963
Posted: 4/6/2018 3:36:34 PM

so, is it a sign of progress that Trump supporters are just like blacks and Asians, or is it dismissive to say the problems of all groups are exactly the same? is it class consciousness to say that they all have economic problems and have similar issues inside their families?

Sounds more to me like a sign of Trumpism progression if it's believed that all groups are as loud mouthed, red necked, and racist as some of the characters in this show are - family economic issues aside. Never liked it for that very reason - the same reason I never liked Archie Bunker. The writers tend to use racist/bigoted humour in one character and then attempt to walk it back by use of another character, thereby absolving them of targeting. That's fine when the audience is comprised of thinking individuals who understand the premise and it makes them ponder the actual issues, but the majority who are fans don't understand that concept and like it because they see themselves in the first character. Therefore, in their minds, it must be alright because it's on TV and other like minded people tuning in have made it a hit. In other words, they're learning the wrong lessons by watching it. Instead of "they're just like us"...it should be "I hope that's not just us".
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 4964
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 5:42:43 PM
Personally, I like Chief Executive Orifice's bellicosity on trade. If for no other reason, it draws attention to the charade trade deals we've agreed to over the past few decades. But I don't support his seemingly willy-nilly style about it, and another problem is that the public may associate tariffs with Trump, and thus make the inference that Tarriffs = Trump, Trump = Crazy, thus Tariffs = Crazy. Tariffs make sense, but only in a careful, strategic approach, not a dictatorial, seemingly random style as Trump is doing.

And I'll throw this out there...is it just my imagination, or is it that the U.S. export industries that will be most hurt by China tariffs is basically agriculture, or ag related? I mean, does Ag really produce that many good jobs anyways? We all know they produce tons of low skill, temporary, migrant jobs...many jobs that undocumented immigrants do now.....so if these jobs go away ...who really cares? Yes maybe the price of soybeans or pork may rise, but maybe they're artificially low anyway, based on artificially low wages paid to undocumented immigrants...???

I think we all need to realize things can't be cheaper forever, and that an increase in prices of these things won't be a financial Armageddon. Wall Street and business elites want us to believe that, but it isn't true.
 voltata
Msg: 4965
Posted: 4/6/2018 6:03:04 PM
Bad trade deals? Such as? China simply had more to offer to us than we had to offer to it. There were no bad trade deals, except in Trump's mind.

the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 4966
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 8:16:29 PM
Voltata wrote:
Bad trade deals? Such as? China simply had more to offer to us than we had to offer to it. There were no bad trade deals, except in Trump's mind.
Trump is wrong about so many things, but right about trade. Last I looked, the U.S. provides 25%-30% of the world's consumption. China offers <10%. Sure, China theoretically offers more growth, but that's theoretical. China has more to offer us? Um...no. My belief is they need us more than we need them.

A $300 billion trade deficit is a $300 billion dollar trade deficit. Don't know what's so hard to understand about that.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 4967
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2018 8:56:16 PM
Mustang, your statement, "As the NPR article pointed out, the PO has a big hole in its budget that its competitors (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) do not have"

>>>>Are you suggesting Trump privatize the P.O.?☺

You copied a line from npr article saying the Amazon business is a "bright spot", which is code for that person saying Amazon has a deal, and I have no idea what it is". Somebody at the P.O. that made the deal is probably getting free deliveries from Amazon without subscribing to Prime, with a healthy white envelope at Christmas time.

I saw about 15 mins of Roseanne. Too political for me, and not funny. They open the show with Dan playing an irresponsible Republican by saying he doesn't know where his gun is. That wasn't funny at all. Then they make the child in the show ambiguous as to what his sexuality is with his nail polish and the potential to show up at school wearing dresses. Then of course Roseanne's sister shows up at the door with that pink hat and the shirt saying nasty women.
 daynadaze
Msg: 4968
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 1:06:27 AM
That was the only thing that rang true to character for me, Jackie all ruled up and 100 percent committed. The rest of the characters were all askew, didn't make any sense. Darlene made no sense, she's now afraid to mother her children, that's not her at all, that might have worked for Becky but not Darlene. I watched the first night, which was the first and second episodes, and I don't plan to watch it again.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 4969
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2018 6:10:17 AM
Campaign slogans for 2022?

After listing to too much Stormy, I am thinking a backlash is coming.

Make America Respectable Again!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4970
Posted: 4/7/2018 6:53:12 AM
I'm sure that it isn't really government that benefits from companies building or buying Chinese products that are cheaper and bought by Americans as a result of its price tag. Way back in the old days, factories in the snow belt of America went to the southern sunshine states to pursue lower wages. Its just a fact of life. Meanwhile, we don't import the amount of oil we used to, due to fracking. And then there's the service sector--we export more services to the world than we export. we like to ignore that when we talk about deficits--we focus on goods, not on intellectual property, transport, etc.

Now, there is a big issue with the Chinese bootlegging our intellectual property. but there's also this issue of our interconnectivity. Its not SS454's imagination that China is hitting Trump red states with agriculture. And of course, whatever money we send to China tends to return to us in T-bills, which helps us pay less in taxes right now (but we have to of course pay it back with interest in the future). Whatever we win in a trade war over metal, gets lost in anything we build in metal--cars, air conditioners at Carrier, etc. As workers lose jobs, they are going to need cheap products at Costco and WalMart etc. Point is, if the trade deficit was a black and white simple thing to solve, it would have been solved decades ago. we are caught in a web over it. If countries isolate their trade...they aren't buying our products and services either, and there go even more jobs.

I wouldn't want to see the Post Office get privatized, for obvious reasons. Letters are old tech, but retirees still need their Social Security checks (for example) and a private industry will look at that in terms of profit.
 from site to sight
Msg: 4971
Posted: 4/7/2018 7:24:52 AM
"Make America Respectable Again!"

Along with that sentiment is "Make Americans Look Intelligent Again". Trump has been and is still trying to kill every international agreement with every country in the world. His excuse is every agreement with other countries is somehow always a bad deal for the U.S., and the U.S. is getting ripped off left, right, and center by the rest of the world. That implies that American politicians and negotiators are all idiots, since Americans can't get an agreement with other countries that benefits the U.S. only-or at least favors the U.S. a lot more. And that's a reflection of the quality of people available.

Then there's Trump's core base of gun toting, uneducated, red neck hillbillies, who are praised for hating non-whites. Whatever Trump tells them, no matter how ridiculous or outrageous is taken as gospel. Trump lies automatically become truths. How are people in other countries expected to consider Americans as smart as the rest of the world, when the leader of the country is a totally incompetent idiot, who promotes idiocy? It;s harder to dupe people who have a functioning brain
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 4972
Posted: 4/7/2018 8:03:24 AM
I used to have a poster over my bed, of a 427SC Cobra roadster, and the caption was:

It ain't bragging, when you can do it.

Around that time, I dealt with an individual who pointed out every company not to do business with, b/c he had and they sold an inferior product. The list got so long, I wondered how they stayed in business. So I asked questions, and found out the complainer was....really bad at following instructions given to him by every company that sold him product.

So, if you think the world is full of incompetents...it may just be that you're doing something wrong. Chump can think everyone before him was incompetent merely b/c it polishes his brand, but in reality....America would be far worse off if it was true. Most importantly...when the best actor to show up for your nomination is a wash up, when you have to lie about the number of people at your corrination, when every damn week your staff drops like flies....

its really hard to prove to people you actually know WTF.

Trump's dumping of every deal ever made (14 million jobs come from NAFTA, for example) just b/c it doesn't have his name on it, reminds me of an old retiree we had working for us, who could take anything that worked, and mess it up, just to say he had his fingerprints on it. it was far more important to his ego to say he had a hand in it, than for it to work (he was salary, so he got paid whether he screwed the company or not).
 survata
Msg: 4973
Posted: 4/7/2018 11:48:57 AM
Not questioning lopsided figures ss45...but that's not due to bad trade "deals"...
It's simply sure to the facts on the ground...what they have at what cost vs what we have
 survata
Msg: 4974
Posted: 4/7/2018 11:50:45 AM
By the way, in case you haven't guessed, I was last voltata. Survata may leave to be replaced by another ATA...so you know who talking to.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 4975
Posted: 4/7/2018 11:52:58 AM
Was it Trinity that mentioned there was a program on Netflix about Trump?
Up early...so I decided to watch it.
No big surprises for me about his bad character and low morals...it shows how he has always been a "Don the Con"...so it is not a pretense. A known opportunist and shyster pretty much all his life.

He has bullied....lied and cheated many people. I can see why the city of New York hates him.
He didn't pay taxes for years on his buildings and left many unpaid labourers in his wake.
Even when he supposedly rebuilt the New York Central Park rink.
Worth a watch.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?