Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ja6425
Msg: 5151
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 207 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)
Looks like the president is gaining a lot more black support, polls show. Now that is news you probably won't hear much of with the liberal media. That is scary news for the democrats!! Liberals always have taken the black vote for granted and now you are seeing blacks as not buying the scandalous BS anymore.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 5152
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 5/6/2018 7:39:06 PM
Here you go, John. If you care.

Stelter: How Trump's false claim about African American support ...
www.wlfi.com/content/national/481875211.html

2 hours ago - But it's not. The news organization responsible for the poll, Reuters, says its data is being misconstrued. Here's the story of how it happened -- showing how right-wing web sites, Trump supporters on social media, and the president spread misleading information so easily. This matters because Trump ...
 ja6425
Msg: 5153
Posted: 5/6/2018 8:07:33 PM
Here you go wooby if it matters to liberals:

According to Reuters' weekly tracking poll, which measures approval on how "Donald Trump is handling his job as President", support for the president among black men doubled from 11 per cent during the week ending April 22 to 22 per cent in that which ended April 29. It's the highest approval ratings Trump's had from black men in that particular survey in 2018.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 5154
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2018 8:59:35 PM
" support for the president among black men doubled from 11 per cent during the week ending April 22 to 22 per cent in that which ended April 29. It's the highest approval ratings Trump's had from black men in that particular survey in 2018."

I think they meant support among black men doubled from 11 to 22 men.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 5155
Posted: 5/6/2018 9:09:55 PM

Msg: 5163
Here you go wooby if it matters to liberals....

Maybe if you read the link she included instead of regurgitating the Lying King and FauxNews fake news, you would know the numbers were misinterpreted....

MAGA: My Attorney Gossips A.... .....lot.

How Trump's false claim about African American support happened

Chris Kahn, the U.S. political polling editor for Reuters, said in an email on Saturday that the 11% and 22% data points were misunderstood.

"The sample sizes for those two measurements were too small to reliably suggest any shift in public opinion," Kahn told CNNMoney through a spokeswoman.

This is common sense: The more narrowly you slice the data, the less reliable it becomes. Reuters and Ipsos survey about 350 people a day, 11,000 a month, on the internet. The outlets call the relative precision of the results as a "credibility interval."

In this case, the president's approval rating among black men, "the credibility interval was more than +/- 9 percentage points for each measurement, which leaves open the possibility that his approval also could have dropped in this time frame," Kahn said.

Did anyone in the administration check it out? Did anyone warn the president that the stat was faulty? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the president still went ahead and read it aloud in a nationally televised speech. He further misstated what the poll actually said.

The presidential sound bite gave even more oxygen to the shaky claim. Hosts on Fox brought it up on Saturday and Sunday without correcting it. The idea continued to spread.

And all of this was based on a tiny sliver of an online survey -- that even the pollster says was misinterpreted.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/06/media/president-trump-approval-rating-blacks/
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 5156
Posted: 5/6/2018 9:12:40 PM

In this case, the president's approval rating among black men, "the credibility interval was more than +/- 9 percentage points for each measurement, which leaves open the possibility that his approval also could have dropped in this time frame," Kahn said.
 ja6425
Msg: 5157
Posted: 5/6/2018 9:21:09 PM
CNN's Brian Stelter, host of “Reliable Sources,” failed to cover multiple news stories that were of high importance in his weekly newsletter, further cementing him and his program on CNN as anything but “reliable.”

On Friday, Stelter, whose job is supposed to be examining the week's top media stories, didn’t cover at least two major news stories that were of national significance in his newsletter.

First, Stelter failed to cover the latest developments regarding the nomination of U.S. Navy Rear Admiral and longtime White House Doctor Ronny Jackson, who withdrew his nomination after he was accused of professional misconduct by CNN.

Townhall's Katie Pavlich notes:

CNN reported earlier this week, on anonymous sourcing, that during an overseas trip in 2015 Jackson got drunk and belligerently banged on a female colleague's hotel door. CNN also reported the Secret Service stopped Jackson and that agents were worried he might wake up President Obama.

The Secret Service later disputed the claims, writing: “The Secret Service has no such record of any incident; specifically, any incident involving Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson.”

However, the damage from CNN was already done and Stelter did not report this in his newsletter. Stelter also refused to respond to members of the media who sought clarification from him about why he did not include the update:

Sean Davis

@seanmdav
Weird. No mention of this in @brianstelter’s latest media newsletter, either. Probably because he doesn’t cover media; he covers for the media. And so the infection spreads... https://twitter.com/KatiePavlich/status/989974955566694400 …

8:40 PM - Apr 27, 2018
828 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Arthur Schwartz

@ArthurSchwartz
What the hell is going on over there, @brianstelter? You going to cover this on your Sunday show? https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/04/27/secret-service-we-have-no-record-of-dr-ronny-jackson-banging-on-a-door-while-drunk-n2475436 …

2:18 PM - Apr 27, 2018
612 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

The biggest story that Stelter hid from readers was the revelation that Obama's Director of National Intelligence (DNI), James Clapper, leaked information about the infamous anti-Trump dossier to CNN's Jake Tapper and then was rewarded with a contract at CNN.

The development was significant as it further backed up The Federalist's Mollie Hemingway's assertion that CNN helped orchestrate a setup of Donald Trump that was the catalyst that eventually led to the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Once again, Stelter was called out, and he refused to answer:

Mollie

@MZHemingway
Replying to @brianstelter @ReliableSources
Brian, I didn’t see info on today’s major media story involving CNN contributor James Clapper and CNN anchor Jake Tapper. Did I miss it?

________________________________________________________________________________________

Brian Stelter...........Just another hack for the liberal cause. It's a good thing that we see the liberals not knowing the news going on because of the "selective" reporting/non-reporting of the liberal media. Educate yourselves!!!
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 5158
Posted: 5/6/2018 9:44:15 PM

Msg: 5167
Brian Stelter...........Just another hack for the liberal cause. It's a good thing that we see the liberals not knowing the news going on because of the "selective" reporting/non-reporting of the liberal media. Educate yourselves!!!

Educate yourselves? Practice what you preach amigo. Your brainwashing is complete; how can you be so obtuse? This is what happens when critical thinking is lacking.

Chris Kahn, the U.S. political polling editor for Reuters is the one saying the poll was misinterpreted. Read my previous comment/quote for God's sake.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/06/media/president-trump-approval-rating-blacks/
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 5159
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:15:50 AM
So Kanye West spouts some nonsense, and suddenly twice as many black males allegedly support Chump...but its still less than one quarter of black males in America supporting Chump. Oh well, when you are in a terrible position of your own making, you have to accept any little thing.

At least Chump has realized (today) not to support Coal Convict Don Blankenship in his run for office, while he makes fun of McConnell's Asian wife. And who was it that claimed the most dangerous place in NYC was between Fooliani and a microphone? He's claiming Cohen may have paid off other women and that Chump is so innocent he should take the 5th.

but its still Monday, there's a chance the story can change 3 times (from this lie to another lie and then Trump will return to the original lie) before the end of the week.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 5160
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:23:33 AM
“Charles Krauthammer's interesting take on Mr. Trump:”

Charles Krauthammer didn’t write that. Jesus, you fake news people – all you have to do is the tiniest bit of research before posting everything that shows up in your social media feeds to avoid these embarrassments. I’ve read dozens of Krauthammer columns over the years and seen him many times on TV and immediately recognized that was not his writing or talking voice. More importantly, he is about as never-Trumper as you can get, loudly announcing his refusal to vote for him and practically being disowned by the conservative movement for doing so. So I knew that article made absolutely no sense and looked into it:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/krauthammer-interesting-take-trump/
https://www.weeklystandard.com/holmes-lybrand/fact-check-did-charles-krauthammer-write-an-op-ed-arguing-for-trump-the-pragmatist

“Krauthammer, however, is not the author of this essay. The piece was written by Mychal Massie in January 2016 and posted on his personal blog at the time. Since then, the article has been misattributed to Krauthammer several times.”

As for Trump’s black approval rating, it’s situations like this that put even more distance between modern day Republicans and black people, because they’re acting like all black people are idiots just because Kanye West is an idiot, which is what the vast majority of black people now think of Kanye – it’s one thing to try to steal a pretty white girl’s award on national TV, but it’s quite another thing to claim slavery is a “choice.”

If you think his black fans (or likely now former fans) are going to blindly follow him as he sports his MAGA hat, then you are as out of your mind as he is. Admittedly, I’m not exactly a typical person with African-American heritage with a large black social circle, but I don’t know a single black person around me or in my family that is even REMOTELY supportive of Trump – of course, most of the ones I know are extremely well-educated, and Trump’s followers of all colors fall mostly into the “poorly educated” and “easily snookered” category, but even in the working class black barbershop I frequent, every time I got there it’s “Goddamn that Trump this” and “Goddamn that Trump that.” Wish I’d needed a haircut this past week just to hear what they had to say about Kanye.

Nearly all black people know that black unemployment fell by more than 5 points/50 percent during Obama’s terms (which started in the Great Recession) and the smaller decrease under Trump is just a continuation of what was happening under Obama because no president can have much effect on the economy in a single year (though one sure can make the stock market crash if he keeps imposing tariffs and threatening trade wars). So, yeah, as the only person with black ancestry participating in this topic, I think I’m going to have to agree with dragonsbyte: “I think they meant support among black men doubled from 11 to 22 men.” As Michael Che said when it was time to discuss Kanye during “Weekend Update” on “Saturday Night Live” this week... “Skip.” (BTW, if you haven’t seen the Ben Stiller/Michael Cohen cold opening from this past weekend featuring the real Stormy Daniels, you need to seek it out – the funniest, best written and best acted skit “SNL” has done all season.)
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 5161
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:03:02 AM
"The biggest story that Stelter hid from readers was the revelation that Obama's Director of National Intelligence (DNI), James Clapper, leaked information about the infamous anti-Trump dossier to CNN's Jake Tapper and then was rewarded with a contract at CNN"

>>>and Chump pardoned Scooter Libby, who exposed a CIA agent seeking WMDs. Any comment on the morality of that one?

Hawking, thanks for the 411 on Krauthammer, I was thinking he was anti-Trump, pro-old fashioned Republican party, but didn't bother to double check the source of the article. He usually does a better job making arguments that don't fall on their face while you're reading them. Trump has made me respect him and George Will lately, for having the guts to speak up and announce their emperor has no clothes.
 ja6425
Msg: 5162
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:19:49 AM
"but I don’t know a single black person around me or in my family that is even REMOTELY supportive of Trump – of course, most of the ones I know are extremely well-educated, and Trump’s followers of all colors fall mostly into the “poorly educated” and “easily snookered”

^^^^^^^^ Now that is the typical liberal BS playbook we hear over and over. If you are black or anyone else that voted for someone you don't care for you are poorly educated. Sounds like some people are dragging that corrupt hillary participation trophy back out of the closet.
 from site to sight
Msg: 5163
Posted: 5/7/2018 6:33:39 AM
" I think I’m going to have to agree with dragonsbyte: “I think they meant support among black men doubled from 11 to 22 men.”

Those additional Trump supporting men are probably in Kanye's entourage and his employees. So if Kanye says he supports Trump, they will say "Me too", to please the boss.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 5164
its roy moore all over again, KJ is happy the Establishment is getting challenged
Posted: 5/7/2018 9:37:41 AM
"if you voted for someone we don't like, you are poorly educated"

>>>this is a fair observation, but of course we have Republicans here who question someone's support for HRC and their intelligence level for doing so. It occurs on both sides. Meanwhile, PU is driving himself nuts over Don Blankenship. He's running for a Republican seat and yapping about Mitch McConnell's "Chinese family". You know how PU hates identity politics, he'll be here any second to complain about a Republican using race during a campaign. And to use it on a GOP Establishment incumbent...gosh, so ironic!

I wonder how it feels for the GOP to be a target of it--and by a white collar criminal, to boot! oh well, its in a southern state, everyone knows race baiting fails down there. Oops I just accused his supporters of being poorly educated.

I must therefore be biased against racist assholes.
 Tootiefrutie1
Msg: 5165
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:19:16 PM
"If you are black or anyone else that voted for someone you don't care for you are poorly educated."

Well, most of us have empathy for the plight of African-Americans who have to, by in large, endure segregated underfunded public schools and the urban ghetto. But, for those uneducated white men,there is absolutely no compassion for their ignorance.

Speaking of dragging Hillary out of the closet, just more whataboutery Hillary... This obsession with anything not tRump is pathologic. Maybe medication could help with that, but I'm thinking some serious inpatient treatment is required accompanied by a strong dose of lithium.

In other news the coal company convict, whose mine killed 29 miners, Don Blankenship is the Repuglicant front runner in West Virginia. Awesome!!!

Repuglicants are running against the repuglicant establishment in 2018...better than good :))))
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 5166
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:33:20 PM
Donald Trump loves the 'poorly educated' — and they love him
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/24/donald-trump-nevada-poorly-educated/80860078/

Feb 24, 2016 - He may have meant meant "less educated," but the numbers say they love him, too. ... Trump told supporters in Las Vegas that he got votes from well educated and poorly educated people, adding "I love the poorly educated." (Feb. 24) AP. Donald Trump speaks what's on his mind, often as soon as it ...
 APRILIKESWHITEROSES
Msg: 5167
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:03:24 PM

of course, most of the ones I know are extremely well-educated, and Trump’s followers of all colors fall mostly into the “poorly educated” and “easily snookered” category, but even in the working class black barbershop I frequent, every time I got there it’s “Goddamn that Trump this” and “Goddamn that Trump that.” Wish I’d needed a haircut this past week just to hear what they had to say about Kanye.

No offense, you do not come across to be what you claim to be. In my opinion you sound ignorant because the "well
educated" do not talk or express their ideas in order to offend so you come across worst than the "uneducated people" you despise. These uneducated people (as you state) might be living a better and more dignified life and have more in the bank than You and the Rest who are trying to silence others by calling names and putting others down.!!

Repuglicants are running against the repuglicant establishment in 2018...better than good :))))

Really? You think they're going to do the same thing the DemocRats did with Bernie Sanders?:):)
 daynadaze
Msg: 5168
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:19:11 PM
That makes no sense.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 5169
Posted: 5/7/2018 7:28:24 PM

Msg: 5177
You and the Rest who are trying to silence others by calling names and putting others down.!!

Haven't you heard your Messiah calling other people names and putting others down? Your president is the poster child for bullying behavior.

On a related note, Melania's new anti-cyberbullying guide for parents unveiled today is copied from an Obama administration leaflet. And it even has the same design and colors. Amazing, not an original thought in her empty head.

Now that I got your attention I am going to ask for the third time:
"as a christian woman, have you ever witnessed Comrade Trump lie to the American people? Is it ok to you how your president lies every day? "

APRILIKESWHITEROSES
Msg: 5170
Posted: 5/7/2018 8:24:48 PM

Amazing, not an original thought in her empty head.

Speaking of Empty Head, I would like to know your opinion about Obama's responses to jobs and companies returning to the United States.!

Here I go posting this again, and again and again, until I see some comment...:))

FLASHBACK: Obama Mocks Trump Plan.

ERIC COTTONHAM, Carrier Employee: How are you doing, Mr. President?
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: How are you?

ERIC COTTONHAM: My name is Eric Cottonham and I’m representing the Steelworkers Union, Local 1999. And I’m trying to find out, what do we have left far us — all of our jobs are leaving Indianapolis. I see here you’re doing a lot of things, but in Indianapolis, there’s nothing there for us. I mean, what’s next? I mean, what can we look forward to in the future as far as jobs, employment, whatever? Because all of our jobs has left or in the process of leaving, sir.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: Well, in fact, we’ve seen more manufacturing jobs created since I’ve been president than anytime since the 1990s. That’s a fact. And you know, if you look at just the auto industry as an example, they’ve had record sales and they’ve hired back more people over the last five years than they have for a very long, long time.

But for those folks who have lost their job right now because a plant went down the Mexico, that isn’t going to make you feel better.
And so what we have to do is to make sure that folks are trained for the jobs that are coming in now because some of those jobs of the past are just NOT GOING TO COME BACK , and when somebody says, like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do?
There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, “Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.” Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? - And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer
 ghostata
Msg: 5171
Posted: 5/7/2018 8:37:53 PM
^^^ Obama's answer was accurate and truthful. Those jobs gone for good. Trump was just speaking BS and Obama was calling him on it. So?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 5172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 1:53:52 AM
Here is a link to an article that may be of interest to yous shermans. The full article is worth reading like. There are photies of the monuments and also of the american flag that locals made so they could honour your war dead.........

The Scottish island that buried America's dead.

Between them, the sinkings of the SS Tuscania in February and HMS Otranto in October, claimed the lives of about 700 men in the last year of the war.

But the isle of Islay, in the Inner Hebrides, is now being recognised for an almost forgotten example of huge courage and humanity.

A hundred years ago, Islay was on the frontline in the battle at sea during World War One.

The island coped with mass casualties from two major troopship disasters just eight months apart.

Between them, the sinkings of the SS Tuscania in February and HMS Otranto in October, claimed the lives of about 700 men in the last year of the war.

Both will be officially commemorated on Islay this week.

A century ago, the island was enduring considerable pain. It had already lost about 150 sons on the Western front, from a population of just 6,000.

The American monument on Islay's bleak Mull of Oa.

Every household grieved for someone killed in a far away field. And then the carnage of war came to them.

The Tuscania had almost completed its transatlantic voyage, carrying US troops, among a convoy of ships.

As it turned into the north channel between Scotland and Ireland on 5 February 1918, danger lurked beneath the waves.

The SS Tuscania was carrying more than 2,000 US troops when it was torpedoed off Islay

A German U-boat stalked the convoy, got the Tuscania in its sights and fired two torpedoes - one of which ripped a huge gash in its side.

It was a fatal blow. The former luxury liner, converted for the war effort, would soon be on the seabed.

The Tuscania was carrying almost 2,500 US soldiers and British crew.

Incredibly, most were rescued by the Royal Navy. But some of those who made it into lifeboats were not so lucky.

They were swept towards the cliffs and rocks of Islay's Oa peninsula and shipwrecked for a second time.

The troops were shipwrecked off the island's Oa peninsula.

Private Arthur Siplon was thrown into the sea when his lifeboat capsized.

"He thought he was going to die," his youngest son Bob told me.

"But at last he grabbed hold of a rock and when the sea receded he managed to hang on and climbed to the shore."

The civil authority on this almost crime-free island was a police sergeant on a bicycle, called Malcolm MacNeill.

Sgt MacNeill and his three constables had to recover, identify and bury the remains of almost 200.

They did not have an American flag for the funerals, so a small group of locals hand-stitched one from the materials they had - working late into the night.

That flag has been preserved by the Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC, which is sending it home on loan to Islay for the centenary.

Despite the ferocious weather, the Royal Navy destroyer, HMS Mounsey came to the rescue under the command of Lieutenant Francis Craven.

"In my viewpoint, Captain Craven was a real hero. Perhaps the real hero of the event" said Chuck Freedman, whose grandfather, Sam Levy, was on the Otranto.

Many others tried and failed and were crushed to death between the two ships.

By the time the Mounsey left the scene there were still hundreds of men aboard the sinking Otranto.

Their best hope was to be swept towards one of the beaches on Islay's Atlantic coast. But that wasn't to be.

Only 21 men made it ashore alive.

After the war, the remains of the American soldiers were exhumed and returned home.

Only one American - private Roy Muncaster - is still on the island. At the request of his family, he was left to rest where the people of Islay buried him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43948079
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 5173
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:39:29 AM
"In my opinion you sound ignorant because the "well educated" do not talk or express their ideas in order to offend"

>>>they may not intend to offend, but as we all know, certain people can take offense at any little thing.

"These uneducated people (as you state) might be living a better and more dignified life"

>>>they may be less stressed if they have less responsibility in life, yes.

"and have more in the bank"

>>>they may be more liquid, and the more educated may be more asset-wealthy. For example, those who rent living quarters versus those who own a house--esp. if that renter is working a fracking oil rig.

and that's not the first time Melania ripped off the Obamas, either. As for the Obama flashback, we could quote Carrier workers questioning the first Chump act, giving $7 million of their taxpayer dollars and yet watching their jobs disappear anyway. Why didn't Governor Pence offer the same deal? Probably b/c he knew he wouldn't get re-elected for that boondoggle. So much for dealmaking to get those jobs back.

that was a nice story, thanks Vlad. Canada also helped us on 9/11, when planes were banned from the sky, they took in our flights. not the same as handling our war dead, but the idea that we can be isolated from the world....we all need each other at times.
 robin-hood
Msg: 5174
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 11:01:02 AM
GTO, you keep going back to Carriers Deal, but nothing is absolute. Read the conditions of the $7 million tax break, it has conditions attached, and spans 10 years. These things were done in good faith, and Trump as least made a good try. There are still a good deal of those saved jobs remaining.

One other grip. Your president's name is Trump, like him or not, he deserves the respect of the office.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/01/indiana-reportedly-gave-utx-7-million-in-tax-breaks-to-keep-carrier-jobs-in-state.html
 NewYorker58
Msg: 5175
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2018 11:14:05 AM
Shhhhh! Our president is speaking right now! Good-bye Iran deal. Finally, we have a strong president!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?