Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sandbyday
Msg: 5301
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 213 of 216    (176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216)
Per post 5303 - "a president who's been found guilty of racism" et al, you leftys not only enjoy being lied to, you can’t wait to be lied to again and again. Like this gem -

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Tuesday that the FBI was not at any point spying on the Trump campaign.
“They were not. They were spying — a term I don't particularly like — on what the Russians were doing,”

You all may just as well bend over and grab your ankles. It’s self - evident you can’t get enough of it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/22/fbi-spy-trump-james-clapper-responds-602723
 Whisky_River
Msg: 5302
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 5/22/2018 2:04:03 PM
If I was Hillary...I would have been crying foul.
If any Republican 'spies' were sent in to help her political wise....they did a piss poor job.
Didn't they? Guess the Russians had more pull....they got their guy in...haha

F'uk....you guys will believe anything Trump says.
Spies....... lmao
Politico....lmfao
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 5303
Posted: 5/22/2018 2:55:30 PM
result for How to make a plural of a word ending in y
www.studyladder.com

1. IV. Nouns ending in “y” a. If the common noun ends with a consonant + “y” or “qu” + “y” , remove the “y” and add “ies”. ...
2. b. Common nouns with a vowel + “y”, just add “s”
3. Exception: To form the plural of proper nouns ending in “y” preceded by a consonant, just add an “s”.
4. Challenges:

Forming Plural Nouns in English - Part 4A - Words Ending in "y ...
www.spanishdict.com/.../forming-plural-nouns-in-english-part-4a-words-ending-in-y-

Short form examples: Kennedys and lefties.

You're welcome.
 ja6425
Msg: 5304
Posted: 5/22/2018 5:47:16 PM
"If I was Hillary...I would have been crying foul."

^^^^^^^^Where have you been???? She and her snowflake followers are still crying.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5305
Posted: 5/22/2018 6:35:34 PM
Trump wants an investigation to investigate the investigation because he's wondering how on earth the investigation can be finding out all these truths. He's surrounded himself with corrupt dumbasses...no spies necessary.
 Llove2LaughToo
Msg: 5306
Posted: 5/22/2018 8:10:56 PM

Msg: 5311
Where have you been???? She and her snowflake followers are still crying.

Donald Trump = The Whiner in Chief

This man-child can't stop crying wildly out of control everyday on twitter.

#VoteRepublicansOut2018
 Sandbyday
Msg: 5307
Posted: 5/23/2018 11:51:40 AM
Well, what do you you know?

USAtoday-
New rules boys.
“NFL's national anthem policy: Players on field must stand, show 'respect'“

The league also now has the power to fine any franchise that has representatives who do not stand or "show respect" while present on the sideline for the anthem.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said the agreement was reached unanimously by owners at the league meeting in Atlanta, but Jed York of the 49ers said his team abstained.

“We want people to be respectful to the national anthem,” Goodell said in a news conference. “We want people to stand. That’s all personnel, and make sure they treat this moment in a respectful fashion. That’s something we think we owe. We have been very sensitive in making sure we give players choices, but we do believe that that moment is important and one we are going to focus on.”

TRUMP WINS AGAIN!!!
 ghostata
Msg: 5308
Posted: 5/23/2018 12:14:43 PM
Trump wins ...First Amendment loses until the issue is raised in Court....then Goodel loses. He has no right to dictate to NFL players that they must jettison their reasonable First Amendment Rights on a taxpayer supported park.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 5309
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 12:16:41 PM

Where have you been???? She and her snowflake followers are still crying.

Trumpanzees lose.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 5310
Posted: 5/23/2018 2:38:15 PM
If fans & players are forced to stand, some will either not attend or hide out in locker rooms.

This sounds very Nazi-like, forcing people to stand, next will we have to goose-step?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 5311
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 3:28:34 PM
I don't really see the NFL/anthem situation as a big deal -- the NFL is a private business (although one given a government pass for being a monopoly) and if it wants its employees to behave in a certain manner while they are "on the clock," then there is nothing illegal or unconstitutional about that mandate. If I decorated my office with confederate flags or wore T-shirts to work with tons of profanity on them, there's nothing in the Constitution to prevent my bosses from telling me to cut it out and firing me if I don't -- pretty much the same situation, no matter how noble the kneeling cause is.

The one issue I do have is that this came about pretty much because of the actions of the President of the United States. Let us not forget, Colin did this in 2016 (he didn't even have a job in 2017) and almost no one else joined in -- if Fox News and the rest of conservative talk show land hadn't kept hootin' and hollerin' about him long after he was out of work, this whole episode would have died off with no action from the NFL or rule changes, but they got Trump all riled up so he had to go to war over the topic, which P-O'ed a whole BUNCH of players that hadn't been protesting and next thing you know, several hundred are kneeling -- in protest of Trump's interference much more so than Colin's original protest reasons. Which led to Trump riling up his base even more on the matter and even threatening legal action (because of the NFL monopoly). Which helped force the owners' hands. For a guy who claims to be a champion of the free market, Trump sure is interfering with it a lot. So arguably Trump did "win" in this case. But how is that a good thing, to have the President making private businesses bend to his will for personal reasons? Same thing with Amazon (actually trying to twist the head of the USPS into making the organization uncompetitive just to get back at Bezos, which wouldn't work, of course). And let's not forget this ZTE mess which he is personally benefitting from. And manipulating foreign worker rules to benefit the Trump Organization. Some TRUE conservative is going to have to explain to me how all this is good for business (I mean, other than his own).
 ghostata
Msg: 5312
Posted: 5/23/2018 4:18:21 PM
^^^^^^ The NFL may be a private employer but they use taxpayer supported parks...that's a huge difference.
 ja6425
Msg: 5313
Posted: 5/23/2018 5:28:47 PM
I don't care what a president says or doesn't say about this kneeling BS. These players are paid by the owners. The owners have a right to tell the players what they can and can't do as far as kneeling. It is simple as that...period!! Now when players go out on their own time and support what they want to or peacefully protest something, go for it. That is all our right!!
 ja6425
Msg: 5314
Posted: 5/23/2018 5:35:05 PM
Why the Left Won’t Call Anyone ‘Animals’
By DENNIS PRAGER
May 22, 2018 9:53 AM

If you want to understand the moral sickness at the heart of leftism, read the first paragraph of the most recent column by Washington Post columnist E. J. Dionne:

It’s never right to call other human beings ‘animals.’ It’s not something we should even have to debate. No matter how debased the behavior of a given individual or group, no matter how much legitimate anger that genuinely evil actions might inspire, dehumanizing others always leads us down a dangerous path.

Let’s begin with the first sentence: “It’s never right to call other human beings ‘animals.’”

x
This is so self-evident to Dionne that he adds, “It’s not something we should even have to debate.”

Only someone who has never debated the issue could make such a claim.

So allow me to debate the assertion.

My view is the antithesis of Dionne’s. As I see it, it is not right to never call another human being an “animal.”

Calling the cruelest among us names such as “animal” or any other “dehumanizing” epithet actually protects humans. The word “beastly” exists for a reason and is frequently applied to human beings. By rhetorically reading certain despicable people out of the human race, we elevate the human race. We have declared certain behaviors out of line with being human.

Biologically, of course, we are all human. But if “human” is to mean anything moral — anything beyond the purely biological — then some people who have committed particularly heinous acts of evil against other human beings are not to be considered human. Otherwise “human” has no moral being. We should then not retain the word “inhumane.” What is the difference between “he is inhumane” and “he is an animal”? Both imply actions that render the person no longer human.

Dionne provides his answer at the end of the paragraph: “dehumanizing others always leads us down a dangerous path.”

He provides not a single argument or illustration for this truly absurd comment.

Anyone who refuses to “dehumanize” the Nazi physicians — who, with no anesthesia, froze naked people for hours and then dropped them in boiling water to rewarm them; put people in depressurized rooms where their eardrums burst, driving them out of their minds from pain; rubbed wood shavings and ground glass into infected wounds; etc. — is, to put it very gently, profoundly morally confused.

What would Dionne have us call those Nazi physicians — “not nice,” “badly flawed,” “evil”? Why is rhetorically ostracizing them from the human race “a dangerous path”? He doesn’t have an answer because he lives in the Left’s world of moral-sounding platitudes. Leftism consists almost entirely of moral-sounding platitudes — statements meant to make the person making them feel morally sophisticated. But based on their relative reactions to the sadists of the MS-13 gangs, I trust Donald Trump’s moral compass more than E. J. Dionne’s.

It is ever dangerous to use dehumanizing rhetoric on people? Of course — when it is directed at people based on their race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or any other immutable physical characteristic. The Nazis did what they did to Jews and others because they dehumanized them based on their religious/ethnic/racial identity. That’s why racism is evil. But why is it dangerous to use such rhetoric on people based on their behavior? By equating labeling the cruelest among us “animals” with labeling Jews “animals,” Dionne cheapens the fight against real evil.

I once asked Rabbi Leon Radzik, a Holocaust survivor who had been in Auschwitz, what word he would use to characterize the sadistic guards in the camp. I will never forget his response: “They were monsters with a human face.”

Incredibly, Dionne would not agree with him.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Plus 500!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 5315
Posted: 5/23/2018 6:00:41 PM
actually, the argument is, "humans are homosapiens, they are mammals, they are literally animals descended from apes and monkeys and gorillas." But that runs into Creationism versus Evolution. Tho labeled Nazis as human is interesting, b/c it reminds us--as we torture our prisoners and kill nations to get their oil--that we can be just as depraved.

besides, if Nazis aren't human, then Chump is very wrong to say some are good people--they literally aren't people. And to prove Chump wrong, annoys the Trumpanzees.

meanwhile, for april:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/seething-over-russia-probe-trump-tears-into-spygate/ar-AAxFcMS?ocid=spartandhp
 ja6425
Msg: 5316
Posted: 5/23/2018 6:22:07 PM
Little gto glossed right over that article......amazing....NOT!!!!! Nancy pelosi and this dionne snowflake thank you , happy to see a snowflake added to their list.
 Jo van
Msg: 5317
Posted: 5/24/2018 5:32:41 AM
Trump's just not clever enough to have made that argument though, little johnny.
His problem is sweeping generalisations, like when he implied all Mexicans were rapists or drug dealers,
or when he wanted to ban "ALL muslims",
or when he referred to several entire countries as "Shithole countries",
or when he claimed that the "caravans" were "raping women like never before", (without any evidence of a single rape)
or when he claimed that "Obama "imbedded"[sic] a spy in his campaign.

He's dimmer than CMB?

Still, back on-topic: a good thing HAS happened
- he's not allowed to block people from twitter anymore...

People will be able to point out his lies, as soon as he twits.
Why do the republicans want to ban free speech so much???
 Whisky_River
Msg: 5318
Posted: 5/24/2018 6:33:17 AM

he's not allowed to block people from twitter anymore...

Yeah...I had a laugh at that too.
Being that he wants to use twitter as an official Presidential message and all.
Man...is he going to be called out and trolled.

Banning free speech and a closed cabinet meeting amongst the chosen, to get their 'facts' straight....
Can't make this stuff up
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 5319
Posted: 5/24/2018 11:54:45 AM
Point seems pretty simple ti me--calling other humans animals, and believing it, was what *allowed* those German doctors to do what they did. And the guards at Auschwitz et al. . . . .

Dehumanizing others dehumanizes you.
 chameleonf
Msg: 5320
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:55:30 PM
MS13 may be human, however, their behaviours are animalistic (which is what I assumed Trump was referring to instead of jumping to the conclusion he was going where he usually goes when denigrating so many groups of brown peoples). I've watched documentaries where apes and monkeys have more human behaviours than this group and many others around the world. Perhaps Planet Of The Apes isn't all that far off. It seems the animal kingdom is evolving at a faster pace than humans, and the human race in many instances is going through some kind of reversion to caveman tribal behaviours.

vvv What?? not proud of your flagellate/ciliate/protozoan heritage?
 ghostata
Msg: 5321
Posted: 5/24/2018 2:59:18 PM
^^^^^ Oh come on....mankind has always been the bane of existence..... a genetic mutation that got out of control.
 happata
Msg: 5322
Posted: 6/5/2018 1:00:52 PM
Welcome to the Trump Economy (excerpt from David Stockman yesterday)

And that gets us the true state of affairs: The current business expansion does not represent a strong recovery, with or without the Donald; it's actually a weak, busted recovery that is leaving the US economy in dire straits as it faces the demographic and fiscal headwinds just ahead.

We can see that in every single trend metric that matters. For instance, one a peak-to-peak basis, real final sales have posted the slowest rate of expansion since the modern NIPA accounts were formulated nearly 80 years ago.

Thus, between the 1981 peak and the 1990 cycle peak, real final sales grew at 3.45% per annum. That slowed only slightly to 3.30% annually during the 1990s tech boom, but then dropped to just 2.5% during the 2001-2007 housing/mortgage driven expansion.

Now, however, the Donald is boasting about the last gasps of a 108 month old cycle, but the cumulative growth rate since the prior peak has only been 1.45% per annum or just two-fifths of the 1980s rate; and it has not accelerated a whit since January 2017 owing to Trump-O-Nomics, as we demonstrated above.

In other words, rather than address the structural causes of this dramatic slowdown, the Donald is happily tweeting the squirrely BLS numbers that----meaningless as they are--- will most surely be revised dramatically lower when the economy buckles into a Wall Street meltdown-triggered recession in the months ahead.

The story is the same for every other significant economic series. Thus, industrial production grew at a 2.26% per annum rate during the 1980s expansion and 3.45% during the record 119 month expansion of the 1990s.

Thereafter, however, it has been heading south with malice aforethought. The growth rate during the 2001-2007 cycle was only 1.60% annually, and even that plunged to just 0.18% per annum during the 2007-2018 so-called recovery.

Stated differently, there is no way for a modern economy to grow if its industrial sector is dead in the water. It actually is in the US today, and it's that part that the Donald not only failed to mention, but actually intends to make worse with his seat-of-the-pants dive into trade protectionism and fiscal debauchery.

Likewise, you can't get higher growth without more labor hours---even if productivity is growing by historic rates, which it most definitely is not.

Consequently, the Donald's purportedly MAGA economy has increased its use of total labor inputs (hours) by only 0.58% per annum since the pre-crisis peak in Q4 2007. That compares to 1.75% annually during the 1990s expansion and 2.03% per annum in the 1980s.

And again, there has been no acceleration of the current tepid growth rate of labor hour use since January 2017.

Nor has there been any improvement in inflati0n-adjusted net CapEx. In fact, since the 2016 figures shown below, which were still 30% below the turn of the century level, real gross CapEx has barely exceed current period capital consumption. That is, the net capital stock is not growing, either.

At the end of the day, most of the main street economy is flat-lining, not bounding back. Then again, who can blame the Donald for hyping the BLS' junk labor stats.

That's what Wall Street's day-traders and sell-side stock peddlers do day-in-and-day out.
 Looney_TTT
Msg: 5323
Posted: 6/5/2018 1:28:17 PM
#5324 -
- he's not allowed to block people from twitter anymore...

People will be able to point out his lies, as soon as he twits.

Hmmmm - so basically every time he opens his mouth or tweets?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 5324
Posted: 6/5/2018 2:09:38 PM
"Thus, between the 1981 peak and the 1990 cycle peak, real final sales grew at 3.45% per annum."

>>>probably began with a clearing out of surplus items built in the 1970's, and fed by the creation of a new consumer item--the home computer (TRS-80, Ti 99, Comadore 64 and Amiga 500-2000, etc) that no one had before 1981 but suddenly needed afterward. Until it reached its zenith, and then cellphones were the new computer device until they too reached a point where an old phone could keep up with the latest new one and didn't need to be replaced instantly. Everything else (refridgerators, cars, etc) were just replacing a decade-old model with a new one, so its a regular purchase cycle.

"there is no way for a modern economy to grow if its industrial sector is dead in the water"

>>>I may argue that the internet economy can, but how does it really get measured? Does it really provide services rather than products? Of course, if 3D printers really take off...we could eventually have low level factories inside our houses. but for today, there is only a manufacturing base if there is a customer demanding product rather than services. The biggest purchasers were classically the USG...and recently, Wal Mart. and who is WalMart buying from? As for production per labor hour, I think automation is going to affect that, but again...without a demand for product, there are no sales. And that's why most CEOs aren't engineers, they have law or finance background. Big corporations profit from juggling the books, cheating on taxes by moving the HQ, buying the competition to get their customer base (And save on advertising) or just flat-out suing each other and collecting the settlements

"so basically every time he opens his mouth or tweets?"

>>the asshole holds up an open envelope from NK, says its a great letter, then admits he hasn't read it. Talk about a habitual liar! even in small things, he has to hype.
 happata
Msg: 5325
Posted: 6/5/2018 2:51:07 PM
^^^ Stockman's stock in trade is being a Contrarian. But to me he makes lots of sense...other than when i can't follow him. If he is right, then the US is screwed...almost past the point of no return. As goes the US so goes the World.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?