Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 51
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 3 of 216    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
What Trump has probably accomplished is improve his golfing, since he likes having meetings at his golf resort and likes to play a round of golf after discussing how he's going to solve all of the world's problems and make America great again. But when Obama golfed during hie presidency, Trump considered it slacking off while on the job and publicly criticized him for it.
 John252817
Msg: 52
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 2/25/2017 8:55:36 AM
"President Donald J. Trump’s First Month: Achieving Results for the American People

FEBRUARY 20, 2017 AT 11:38 AM ET BY THE WHITE HOUSE
After one month in office, President Donald J. Trump is already achieving results for the American people.

Jump starting Job Creation: President Trump is looking out for American workers that Washington has left behind.

Signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering the United States to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement
Hosted the CEO of Intel to announce Intel’s plan to invest $7 billion in a United States factory that will create 10,000 American jobs
Signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline Signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete construction
Signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering that all new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment from the United States
Signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to block the burdensome Stream Protection Rule from causing further harm to the coal industry
Signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 41, to eliminate a costly regulation that threatened to put domestic extraction companies and their employees at an unfair disadvantage
Saving Taxpayers Money: President Trump is fighting to save Americans’ hard-earned tax dollars.

Saved Americans $700 million on a new batch of F-35 fighters
Capped the cost of Boeing’s next-generation Air Force One fleet at millions below that which was agreed to by the Obama administration
Restoring Public Safety: President Trump will work to reduce the threats of crime and illegal immigration to public safety.

Signed an Executive Order to enhance the safety and security of the United States by, among other things, constructing a wall on the southern border
Signed an Executive Order to make sure Federal immigration laws are faithfully enforced throughout the country and that Americans’ tax dollars do not go to jurisdictions that obstruct the enforcement of immigration laws
Signed an Executive Order that directs the Attorney General to develop a strategy to more effectively prosecute people who engage in crimes against law enforcement officers
Signed an Executive Order that establishes a task force, led by the new Attorney General, to reduce crime and restore public safety in communities across America
Signed an Executive Order that re-focuses the Federal Government’s energy and resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations, such as drug cartels
Getting Government Out of the Way: President Trump understands that excessive regulations stifle job-creation and harm our businesses.

Signed an Executive Order instructing Federal agencies “to minimize the burden” of the Affordable Care Act Required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated
Directed the Commerce Department to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers
Signed an Executive Order expediting the environmental review and approval processes for domestic infrastructure projects
An America First Foreign Policy: The President’s first priority is the safety and security of the American people.

Department of the Treasury sanctioned 25 entities and individuals involved in Iran’s ballistic missile program
Signed a Presidential Memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to work with other Cabinet members to develop a plan to defeat ISIS
Called or met with more than 30 foreign leaders
Draining the Swamp: President Trump has taken action to ensure that all members of his Administration are working for the American people.

Signed an Executive Order establishing new ethics commitments for all Executive branch appointees, putting in place a five-year lobbying ban and a permanent ban on lobbying for foreign governments, so appointees serve the American people instead of their own interests
Put in place a hiring freeze for Federal civilian employees to stop the growth of a bloated government
Keeping His Promise to Defend the Constitution: President Trump promised a Supreme Court justice in the mold of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Nominated Judge Neil M. Gorsuch to the Supreme Court because of his consistent record defending the Constitution
Helping Women Succeed in Business: President Trump knows the country cannot reach its potential unless every American has a chance to prosper.

Launched the United States-Canada Council for Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders
President Trump has spent the last 30 days fulfilling promises and helping the American people. He’s looking forward to the many more successful months and years of action to come."

^^^^^^^ And in one month, wow!
 Tomfiend
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/25/2017 9:01:56 AM
Trump has riled the masses. That is good. He has made people question the integrity of the press. That is good. He is trying to make friends of russia. That is good. He strongly supports a very strong israel. That is very good. He acknowledges the issue with Islamic extremists. Good. Probably casts too wide a net..bad. making enemies of mexico. Bad. Treats people like crap. Bad. Not competent to handle the country. Bad.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2017 9:13:40 AM
geeesh ,,you an KJ get all that from T rumps facebook page ??? I'll just go to your last line tom and the most true of all ,,,,,,,,
"NOT COMPETENT TO HANDLE THE COUNTRY" but one great song and dance man
almost forgot "Yikes" got to say john I like that
 gtomustang
Msg: 55
won't have Donald John Trump to kick around anymore
Posted: 2/25/2017 4:58:22 PM
yeah, I ripped apart the FB page gladhandle back in msg 48, but meanwhile, its Republicans are asking for special prosecutors to look at Chump's good work (for Russia)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-congressman-special-prosecutor-needed-for-russia-probe/ar-AAnoF8V?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

man, its like Nixon, but he waited years to reach this level. Meanwhile Chump is really running away from the press

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-decides-to-skip-white-house-press-dinner/ar-AAnp2BY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

what's the leader of the Free World so terrified about? that he can't even keep himself from looking bad?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2017 4:58:33 PM
Hmmm.

I have been watching and paying careful attention. That long and obviously propaganda-based list, posted a couple of times above, has a great deal of verbiage in it, but doesn't support any claims of actual RESULTS.

Although I appreciate some of the verbal efforts he has made to talk against outsourcing jobs overseas, 100% of the claims made of jobs saved, have been proven to be false.

The EO telling people not to charge ACA related fines "if they can," is completely meaningless, because if you tell someone only to enforce the law as much as they have to, that wont allow them to STOP enforcing it. So that's another non-accomplishment. Trump has not, despite repeating many times during the campaign that he would replace the ACA with something better and cheaper, presented any alternatives. And the Republican Party overall, admitted that despite having complained for seven years that the ACA had to be repealed, that they had not even BEGUN to put any effort in to figuring out what to do instead, or even how to go about repealing it. So again, Trump has done nothing, and the GOP has done nothing.

None of the study EO's have done anything positive yet. All of them have directed Federal Spending to INCREASE, while not actually doing anything for the country (not to say that studies are not of value, it's just that studying a mess doesn't cause any of it to get cleaned up).

I have been warning people since the campaign promises started piling up year before last, that NOTHING will happen unless the Republican controlled Congress votes both the FUNDING, and the ENABLING LEGISLATION required to make things happen. Congress has not yet acted to provide the needed support for any of Trumps agenda items.

I am expecting SOME positive things to happen eventually. If he manages to get Congress to get off the pot and actually enable the INS to get the illegals out of the country, that will be a positive accomplishment. But again, there's no sign yet that the Republicans in control of the budget will allow it.

One accidental positive result, which hasn't received the attention it should:

Trump proved by his rapid fire issuance of E.O.'s that the Republicans have been lying for the last eight years, about Executive Order's being automatically bad. And he proved, by having the one overturned by the courts, that the GOP also lied about Executive Orders being somehow above the law, and outside the control of the Constitution.

By the way, I know no one will take this to heart, but I am STRONGLY opposed to anyone using pejorative distortions of other's names, no matter who's side you are on. I find it to be childish and worse, to be a practice that undermines the goals of the people who indulge in it. Whether you use idiotic terms like Republicants, or Libtards, or variations on Trumps' name, you are destroying your own arguments, by declaring yourself to be entirely biased, and rather immature, as far as I am concerned. I urge everyone to
restrain the urge to behave like they never left Elementary School, and to debate in a civil and mature manner.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/25/2017 5:03:21 PM
well said Igor :) Yes the name calling ( guilty myself) does diminish the cause
Posted: 2/25/2017 10:49:15 PM

By the way, I know no one will take this to heart, but I am STRONGLY opposed to anyone using pejorative distortions of other's names, no matter who's side you are on. I find it to be childish and worse, to be a practice that undermines the goals of the people who indulge in it. Whether you use idiotic terms like Republicants, or Libtards, or variations on Trumps' name, you are destroying your own arguments, by declaring yourself to be entirely biased, and rather immature, as far as I am concerned. I urge everyone to restrain the urge to behave like they never left Elementary School, and to debate in a civil and mature manner.

Bravo.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/26/2017 9:15:21 AM
Apart from the propagandists up above who put up "shopping lists" of all "good " things done by Trump; here is the REALITY of what is Fact, as described in the article below:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-tale-of-2-cities-what-happened-when-factory-jobs-moved-from-warren-ohio-to-juarez-mexico/ar-AAnh18P?li=BBnb7Kz

Its gonna be impossible to draw back a company who pays workers $1/Hr in Mexico ( benefits provided by Mex Gov't); versus $30/Hr, that this same company was paying its workers here in the US (plus benefits) to make the same product.

As a businessman, you have to be outta your Fkn mind to even consider returning, even if a 20% tariff is imposed (which will likley never happen). And if it is not Mexico where these businesses move to, it will be somewhere else.

Trump ingenuously thinks that it will magically be reversed, as he doesn't realize that renegotiating NAFTA involves 3 parties. Yet the GOP continues to support Trump's inane assertions, when they themselves have set the stage for many of these companies to be more profitable by allowing them to go offshore.
 Maleman999
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/26/2017 12:48:50 PM
How much progress has been made on the Trump wall, since Trump said a while ago that construction of the wall is pretty much set and would start soon? Has anybody seen construction equipment, materials, and a labor force at the border, all waiting for a thumb's up from Trump to start construction?
 razors_edge55
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 2:31:38 PM
Igor ,,what is the chance of produce ,,fruit and veg prices to rise without immigrant labor to bring in the harvest ???more jobs for americans ,,,,they won't do ???
 daynadaze
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 2:34:22 PM
John, again, do you really believe this stuff? Do you not know the difference between BS and what Trump has really done, or not done?
 gtomustang
Msg: 63
he's making history, and not in a good way
Posted: 2/26/2017 2:38:49 PM
well, Chump (yes, I use naughty words to get the point across--he's a moron, let's not forget that in a search to find whatever minor things he may be doing correctly. A spade is a spade is a spade. If Trumpets can be in such a rush to undo everything Obama did, claim he didn't do a darn thing but endanger America, we can also remind ourselves of how much Chump is doing to ruin America. A rose by any other name is a rose. so's a chump). is finding out that government isn't like running a reality show, he just can't snap his fingers. His bold promises that he was going to make things happen fast, are hitting the wall of reality--if you spent your time insulting Congress, they're going to remember that. Diplomacy exists for a reason. Those who came before Chump didn't do things his way, for a darn good reason--they'd have his lack of success and egg on the face as a result.

Its silly to praise Chump for having a brutal bedside manner, then blame "fake news" for making him look like he has a brutal bedside manner. The question is, will the narcissist start listening to good advice? He fired the attorney general who warned him about the problems with his national security advisor, for example.

"“The difficulty is that Trump has a lot of crazy ideas in his head — like we should steal Iraq’s oil or we should kill the relatives of terrorists or we need to ban Muslims from coming here,” said Max Boot, a military historian at the Council on Foreign Relations. “And I’m sure someone like McMaster, like Mattis, understands how crackpot these ideas are.
“So can you say to the president, ‘Hey, Sir, you’re full” of it? Mr. Boot continued. “Or do you have to sugarcoat it and handle him with kid gloves? I suspect it’s the latter, and that’s not been H. R.’s approach. We’ll see if Trump is man enough to take it.”

"Using newly declassified records, General McMaster came to a conclusion that upended the conventional wisdom within the military that it had been betrayed by President Lyndon B. Johnson and undercut by antiwar protesters and never given the chance to win the war. General McMaster concluded that the chiefs had been absorbed by the parochial interests of their different services and had never adequately pressed their opposition to the gradual escalation strategy favored by Johnson and Defense Secretary Robert S. McNamara."

(that's going to be hard for the contrarians to swallow!)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/will-trump-take-brutally-forthright%E2%80%99-advice-from-mcmaster/ar-AAnp1Qh?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

"President Donald Trump's job approval rating stands at just 44 percent — a record low for a newly inaugurated commander-in-chief — and half of Americans say that his early challenges suggest unique and systemic problems with his administration, according to a new poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal. "

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-s-job-approval-stands-just-44-percent-partisan-splits-n725621

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/father-of-dead-navy-seal-refused-to-meet-trump-at-ceremony/2017/02/26/567f39ca-fc37-11e6-9b78-824ccab94435_story.html
 deetristate
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/26/2017 2:47:42 PM
You use funny names because you think that it is cute and you know that it is annoying. Like my son when he was 10. To use your word, "Silly."

But hey, some grown men are silly. And some women like that.
Go figure.

People can write all that they want about Trump. I think that they should. Like you, it gets out the venom and maybe they will stop protesting destroying things and setting things on fire.

He is the President, you people are still not over that facet.

Just like some people could never get over Obama being President.

I guess that there are immature people on both sides.

So Trump is sometimes brutal. Meh.

That you all are saying that he should have accomplished everything in less than two months, particularly when you all are doing everything to stop him.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2017 8:09:06 PM
Another one of Trumps glorious achievements could be getting folks like myself off their duffs and getting involved in the process of "Keeping America...America... still.

I mean, the first amendment says...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, OR OF THE PRESS; or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of greivances.

Knowing this, how is it either right, or constitutional for him to ban news outlets at his press conferences? The first amendment applies to Our President especially and restricting press coverage is the first step to ... well I don't think where it goes is somewhere I want to be..... so... I guess I will carry out the last part of the 1st Amendment and do my duty as a citizen.

Tomorrow, Monday ... when the office is open I will call my Congressional representative and petition my Rep. to let Trump know he needs to conduct fair press coverage and give equal access to all press outlets... WE THE PEOPLE depend upon fair press coverage of what our Govt is doing. I will then demand my Rep bring up my concern during session of congress. It's American... If you are American and care about freedom of OUR press then let YOUR govt know.
 nastybastage1011
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/27/2017 3:39:02 AM
Canceling TPP is something I or anyone should give him credit for. Obama and Hilary would have put TPP into action as soon as possible but not Bernie sanders and not Trump and if people were honest they would give him credit for this one act.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:05:25 AM
tRUMP has made me take a good look at my life.

I will NOT ALLOW his toxicity to rob me of my JOY for life.

I will persist AND I will LIVE, JOYFULLY!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:13:55 AM
# 61 says:

what is the chance of produce ,,fruit and veg prices to rise without immigrant labor to bring in the harvest ???

They will rise without a doubt, as California farmers have already stated

more jobs for americans ,,,,they won't do ???

Oh they will do the work, but it won't be for $10/hr or without benefits...........remember that GM was paying workers over $40/hr (union wages) just to screw in lug nuts on an assembly line.

Guess how much we'll be paying for a head of lettuce, or a pound of tomatoes?
 razors_edge55
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:14:09 AM
Wilkes-y that 's just what we all should be doing ,,,no matter who is the "Prez"
 gtomustang
Msg: 70
trigger warning, i use bad words.
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:22:02 AM
Women like silly men? I wish the hot ones got that memo :) Its nice to know what annoys the annoying people, I thought they said they don't read what I type b/c its so annoying. I guess substance still does win the day. But I have to agree that, yes, pointing at BS and calling it what it is, is good for the soul. keeping it in and pretending its not total BS, just feels fake. and there's enough falseness to go around. The Trumpets love it when I do what they ask and tell them the truth, with no polish on it. Trumpets love disrupters so much, its a surprise they complain about it. what's that about children who can dish it out, but just can't take it?

Chump unfortunately is as much responsible for his own disasters. Maybe we can chalk some of it up to inexperience, but it would help if he would listen to those who have it, as an actual good businessman would (I was just dealing with an estate salesman yesterday who pointed out, you don't need to know everything, you just need to know who to ask who does). Ignoring advice from the State Dept, for example, just b/c you don't like how Foggy Bottom does business or you think your voter base doesn't. Even idiots can tell you something. Meanwhile, the naval secretary choice has decided to show what ethics in politics really means. The EPA head may be connected to the...oil bone, but the navy secretary feels that business ties has no business in government

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trumps-choice-to-be-navy-secretary-withdraws/ar-AAntEtv?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

see? the Dems has as much to do with that as a Russian mole leaving security advisor status does. sometimes, Trumpets actually do what's right. well, after they've tried everything else, but hey, let's give them a gold star and a medal for showing up, right? (oh, I'm sorry, I guess that was annoying. Apparently, the Trumpets need a trigger warning--how ironic, the snowflakery)

There are pluses and minuses to the TPP, I posted before about the revolution of boxing out China. We are in a new Industrial Revolution. The days of "20 and done", when GM would pay you well to work and retire b/c you'd probably die before you cost them to not work, are over. America has a lot of industrial competitors since 1945, when they were bombed out. Computers can do a lot of repetitive jobs cheaply. GM can no longer be "a health care company that makes cars", but the Pentagon may turn into a "health care company that goes to war", as VA bills rise. Our Rust Belt isn't going to fade away, but its sure going to change into something unrecognizable, if it still wants to employ people and sell products to Wal Mart. Keeping Buick in business by paying Buick employees enough to buy Buicks, is going to be a twinkle in Grandpa's eye. just like stable hands and blacksmiths went slowly out of business once cars decided whether to use gas engines or electricity or steam to be the designated power source. But those stable hands who got into pumping gas, those were the ones who continued putting coins in their pocket.

Some will evolve, and unfortunately, some will lose. History is full of both of their stories. I will say, I personally feel that going backwards in economics won't help America, it would be like eschewing cellphones to return to landlines so we can keep AT&T and Eastman Kodak (run out of biz by cameras in cellphones) in business. We live in a new world of computers and 3 D printers and CAD/CAM and internet B2B sales and et cetera. I think America is going to have to evolve with it. oh, i'm not saying its going to be easy. When my mom got dementia, I had to learn medicine and geriatric law basics to help in what little spare time I had then, but I did it. If an old timer can learn enough about computers and the internet to come online and complain in forums they're too old to learn how to work computers to put food on the table, i'm sure they can learn how to use 'em :)

As for produce in California, there was a drought that might have shrunk production, and the head of EPA could have furthered that. But the recent rains may have wiped out the drought. if so, production might go up, but golly....who's going to pick it, now? Gosh, that sure could backfire. Gee, let's hope the Chump EPA destroys things so that production levels decrease enough to the level of workers willing to pick crops, and then everything's honky-dory again in Trumpland! Sides, no self-respectin' murican eats food that's good for him, anyways.
 Maleman999
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/27/2017 7:07:33 AM

Canceling TPP is something I or anyone should give him credit for. Obama and Hilary would have put TPP into action as soon as possible but not Bernie sanders and not Trump and if people were honest they would give him credit for this one act.

Once Trump's wall is completed on the U.S.-Mexican border, they can start on the wall across the entire Pacific Ocean. If Americans are so fiercely in favor of total isolationism, why aren't these people complaining about the U.S. having military bases all over the world? The military bases that are in foreign countries might make the mistake of buying certain products, like food, from a local source in the country they're in, and buying merchandise from a local retailer, putting American workers out of a job.

What is the point of having American military covering the entire planet if Americans don't want to be part of the rest of the planet? Station the U.S. military along all borders instead, to make sure no foreigners ever get in. Cancel all airline flights and shipping to and from other countries, to make sure no foreign cooties get in. Cancel any and all foreign language programs in schools, and ban foreign entertainment and music. It's Joseph McCarthyism all over again, Trump style-where hate and paranoia rules.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 7:59:00 AM

Cancel all airline flights and shipping to and from other countries, to make sure no foreign cooties get in. Cancel any and all foreign language programs in schools, and ban foreign entertainment and music. It's Joseph McCathyism all over again, Trump style.

I have a cheaper idea that everyone would like.

Set up bus stations at deportation centers on the USA side of the border, any illegal aliens that get across will be guaranteed a free bus trip to Canada.

As it stands now, the majority of people that illegally cross over the Mexican border are NOT Mexicans, they are from Central America. Mexico will only accept them back IF the USA pays Mexico to take them, they are calling this a border exchange levy. It was briefly discussed about the USA having to pay Mexico to build a wall along their Southern boarder, but that didn't seem to go over well with Trump.

If we ship them all to Canada, it will be a win / win / win !.
 daynadaze
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 12:25:49 PM
Oh Dee you are at it again, people aren't saying that Trump should have accomplished so much in two months, John said Trump HAD already accomplished all that, when in fact, he has not accomplished all that.
 sun___flower
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 3:18:15 PM
The poster in Message 2 said it best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzN3yJXlWrg
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/27/2017 3:26:13 PM
^^^^^

As usual, Sun flower is SPOT ON !
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?