Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 76
What good things has Trump accomplished?Page 4 of 215    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Dayna, sweetheart. You should read what other people post before you make me the subject of your post.
You are not the only person posting. (Psst. Neither is John) Really.

I win $5. Thanks gto. Even though you doth protesteth too much.
I get that.

I wish that I could talk myself into a false reality. I so envy that ability. I really do. I remember when I was a left, left liberal. Oh, how I fooled myself about what was really happening in the world and the societal effect upon society of liberal policies.
Really. I so envy that in you, gto.

You are still in such pain about the election. I hope that you get over than soon.

Otherwise, you are great! You would be fun to have over for coffee.
-----------

I am willing to pay more for vegetables and fruit if it means that some American families will have jobs and be able to buy more stuff from other Americans who then buy more stuff from other Americans, etc. etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is very difficult work to stand in line and repeat the same action with a widget over and over again.

That "down your nose" look at people who do such work is another example of the attitude that brought about TRUMP IS PRESIDENT. Bernie is right. (Did he use the term "vulgar?") You people need to change your attitudes or lose again.
I hope that you people change. It would be good to have some competition for the Republicans in 2018,

-----------------------------------

Yeah, Canada would take them. Canada is already welcoming those illegals who have made it to American cities near the border and now are crossing over. They would like that, based on all the
 gtomustang
Msg: 77
What good things has Trump accomplished?
Posted: 2/27/2017 4:59:18 PM
"Otherwise, you are great! You would be fun to have over for coffee. "

Why, thank you for the kind words, Dee. That was very nice and polite of you to say. I'm not a coffee drinker, so i'd have to order what you like so you could drink it for me :) I do that with eggs, too, when I have breakfast with friends. Love 'em in baked goods, but otherwise....
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 6:59:18 PM
From GTO:

"President Donald Trump's job approval rating stands at just 44 percent — a record low for a newly inaugurated commander-in-chief — and half of Americans say that his early challenges suggest unique and systemic problems with his administration, according to a new poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal. "

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/trump-s-job-approval-stands-just-44-percent-partisan-splits-n725621

Funny thing is, you'd never think that if you listened to RW radio....it's never mentioned at all. Sean Hannity often cites Rasumssen's poll, and he did today...approval of Trump of "well above 50%. " And some RW'er was crowing about this today, an interesting nugget from the NBC-WSJ poll:

But, in a new NBC-Wall Street Journal poll, there's an actual piece of good news for Trump that suggests for all the stumbles and bumbles in his first month in office, his fundamental message of change continues to appeal to a good-sized chunk of the population.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/27/heres-an-actual-good-poll-number-for-donald-trump/?utm_term=.e555a4ef83fc

Maleman wrote:

How much progress has been made on the Trump wall, since Trump said a while ago that construction of the wall is pretty much set and would start soon? Has anybody seen construction equipment, materials, and a labor force at the border, all waiting for a thumb's up from Trump to start construction?

From WSJ:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection plans to start awarding contracts by mid-April for President Donald Trump’s proposed border wall with Mexico, signaling that he is aggressively pursuing plans to erect the barrier along the 2,000-mile border.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-plans-to-award-contracts-to-build-wall-on-mexican-border-by-mid-april-1487984452

Not sure how Congress has to be involved in approving the funding, etc. etc. That would be interesting, considering I believe there would be a not insignificant number of R's reluctant to formally put their stamp on that....because their business paymasters want illegal immigrants.........
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 7:03:51 PM
Yule Liquor wrote:

Apart from the propagandists up above who put up "shopping lists" of all "good " things done by Trump; here is the REALITY of what is Fact, as described in the article below:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-tale-of-2-cities-what-happened-when-factory-jobs-moved-from-warren-ohio-to-juarez-mexico/ar-AAnh18P?li=BBnb7Kz
But this piece illustrates what a "disaster" NAFTA has been...which is exactly what Trump has been saying.
Yule Liquor wrote:

Trump ingenuously thinks that it will magically be reversed, as he doesn't realize that renegotiating NAFTA involves 3 parties. Yet the GOP continues to support Trump's inane assertions, when they themselves have set the stage for many of these companies to be more profitable by allowing them to go offshore.
Unfortunately, none of Trump's trade ideas will pass the House. Trade is one area I agree with Trump. NAFTA and other trade agreements HAVE been disasters.

Quoted from Yule's article:

Since NAFTA went into effect, there has been no change in the number of Mexicans living below the poverty line — more than half.
So...NAFTA has resulted in the bottom dropping from beneath U.S. wages....and Mexican wages ave largely stayed the same. Who pocketed all that money? Is there any surprise inequality is a problem? No wonder we have a Trump, folks. If I was that Delphi guy in the article, I would have voted for Trump, too.

But NAFTA made things hard on small Mexican farmers, who found themselves competing with imports from giant U.S. agribusinesses, many of which received healthy subsidies from the U.S. government. In places like Bermejillo, a generation of young people were suddenly out of work, and many headed north to the U.S.
..and NAFTA has resulted in Mexican labor coming to the U.S...probably to work at U.S farms...since NAFTA put them out of business. More pressure on U.S. wages. No wonder we have a Trump.
 daynadaze
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2017 7:15:48 PM
Oh Dee, sweetheart, blah blah blah blah
 gtomustang
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/27/2017 8:06:47 PM
"funny thing is, you'd never think that if you listened to Right Wing radio"

>>>the funny thing is. that's not a surprise :) a polite answer would be, they're trying to reach certain audiences to sell ads. Does that make everyone happy? :)

Maybe Chump wants the wall to be another memorial to himself, like the Great Wall of China. But, there are issues, like the Rio Grande moving its bed around, private land that has to be bought by people who wouldn't sell to Bush, and there also is getting the Tea Party to pay along. Heck, just the sequester and budget is an issue they won't agree on

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/trump-wall-mexico-challenges/index.html

price? "An internal Homeland Security Department report prepared for Kelly estimates the cost of extending the wall along the entire U.S.-Mexico border at about $21 billion, according to a U.S. government official who is involved in border issues. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the report has not been made public.
The Homeland Security report proposes an initial phase that would extend fences 26 miles and a second wave that would add 151 miles, plus 272 "replacement" miles where fences are already installed, according to the official. Those two phases would cost $5 billion."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/25/trump-administration-makes-first-tangible-step-to-building-border-wall.html

it has to be bid on first. perhaps by the end of next month, we might find out details, like

"One of the biggest beneficiaries of Trump’s wall may be Mexico’s Cemex SAB, the largest cement maker in the Americas, Bloomberg News reported Jan. 25. It would be one of the best-positioned companies to profit because it has operations on both sides of the border."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-24/trump-administration-makes-first-move-to-build-that-border-wall

now that's funny.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/27/2017 9:08:27 PM
#79 says

But this piece illustrates what a "disaster" NAFTA has been...which is exactly what Trump has been saying.

NAFTA is not a disaster for big US businesses....which is why the GOP was fully for it, in its present formatt.

none of Trump's trade ideas will pass the House.

The GOP won't let him.....they are not gonna go against their political donors; however, if there was a Democrat house majority and if Trump had the ability to reach accross the isle; he'd have a better chance to undo NAFTA with Dem support more so than GOP support.

NAFTA has resulted in the bottom dropping from beneath U.S. wages.

But they knew this was gonna happen at the outset!.....NAFTA was enacted largely for the benefit of big Business, but NAFTA also allowed for opening up of the Mexican market to the US & Canada...where we sell a good amount of goods & products....therefore, undermining NAFTA will not come without inflicting damage on US based businesses that deal with Mexico.

The Delphi guy may have lost a good paying job, but doing away with NAFTA will likely not bring that job back to the US, because these corporations are multi-national and can switch countries of business faster than you can change your socks

If I was that Delphi guy in the article, I would have voted for Trump, too.

He would have been better off voting for Kasich

NAFTA has resulted in Mexican labor coming to the U.S...probably to work at U.S farms..

No doubt that NAFTA hurt Mexican agriculture....but there was a bigger payoff for the Mexican Oligarchs by having big Industry populate Mexico...........Mexico has no shortage of peasants, pre or post NAFTA, and many would have come here regardless of it!
 N2U16
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/27/2017 9:41:51 PM
The question is silly, doesn’t matter what President Trump accomplishes, because Democrats will never recognize anything positive. They can’t!

I am confident the “question” was regurgitated from some legacy media aka Propagandist and Fake News. I see it more as the “Bewildered Herd” (not smart, impulsive, and emotional) being jerked around for political purposes by Democrats. It can be dangerous if the herd stampedes so best to control and teach it tricks (rollover, jump, bend over, etc.). The Invasion from Mars: A Study in the Psychology of Panic is a good book! Perpetual controlled panic is the new norm for the Herd.

The “Accomplishment” that matters most is that the world has President Trump instead of President Clinton. There is a glimmer of hope that President Trump will be different from President Obama, Secretary Clinton, and President Bush (etc.). A glimmer of hope that the “Problem, Reaction, and Solution” (Hegelian Dialectic) of Regime Change (international and local) will end. Hopefully, an end to the military and economic rampage across Africa and Middle East and engineered mass migration for falling birth rates (engineered and 1 of a few different reasons) of all Western Countries. How many millions must be slaughtered and how many different cultures sacrificed for the birth of the New World Order (Plato)?
 deetristate
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/28/2017 4:14:00 AM
You are correct. It doesn't matter what he does. Leftists will complain or make up something to complain about or talk about history that has nothing to do with reality of now.

As far as the businesses wanting illegals, so do leftists. It makes them feel good about themselves to be bleeding hearts where in reality they like having poor people from other countries doing labor that THEY look down on for close to slave wages and conditions. They feel superior and superior.

They still are not over that Trump won. We will know that they are over it when they stop with the childishness about him and his supporters and yelling loudly at town hall meetings and name-calling (tantrums) and instead put more work into electing someone else and the mid terms and policy proposals.

Until then, we watch then suffer and thrash and tantrum.

It is sad.

And they still don't seem to get the difference between the GOP and Trump.
The powers that "used to be" in the GOP hate him almost as much as leftists do and are having tantrums like the leftists.

(I love you too, Dayna. LOL! Even though you copy what I write and have written and misuse it. I bet that you can be original. Really. I bet that you can. Try, sweety.)

I would bet that a large part of the Mexican economy over the past few decades has been people sending money from the United States. There was an article a few years ago about some subdivision in Mexico being built with a lot of money sent from the USA.
 Jo van
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/28/2017 4:56:01 AM

A glimmer of hope that the “Problem, Reaction, and Solution” (Hegelian Dialectic) of Regime Change (international and local) will end. Hopefully, an end to the military and economic rampage across Africa and Middle East

And Trump's announcement that he's increasing the military expenditure by 10% ($50Billion?), and that the USA is going to "start winning wars again", gives you this "glimmer of hope", does it
Trump approved a Navy Seal mission in Libya, and it went horribly wrong, resulting in the death of a Seal.
It's been claimed that the intelligence just didn't justify this attack, and that it was nothing more than an ill-conceived "big gesture".
Funny how those who "talk tough", and send troops to die, to 'prove' how "tough" they are, are never at any risk themselves.

He has been critical of generals, describing them as "weak". (from memory, or something similar)
Trump's 'popularity' relies on cultivating a 'tribal' hatred of "the other", based on "race"/ 'Nationalism', and/or religion.
He's a demagogue.
He will inevitably lead you into new wars.

He's said that he will "destroy ISIS". (the Iraqis and the Syrians are already doing this, but he will no doubt claim 'credit', just as he's claimed 'credit' for Intel's recent announcement, despite the planning having taken years already, and liked he claimed 'credit' for "god" keeping the rain away. )

The only glimmer of hope I can see is either impeachment, for some sexual deviancy or other, a serious rug-infection, or having a terminal ego-failure.

The Trump Organization will press ahead with multimillion-dollar plans to expand one of the president-elect’s golf resorts in Scotland, despite its apparent pledge to halt new investments overseas.

Trump officials said the plans for the Trump International Golf Course Scotland in Aberdeenshire – likely to immediately involve extending its boutique hotel and building a second 18-hole golf course – did not conflict with his promise not to pursue new or “pending” deals outside the US.

“Implementing future phasing of existing properties does not constitute a new transaction so we intend to proceed,” a Trump Organization spokeswoman told the Guardian.

The expansion plans could see the resort grow substantially, with a new 450-room five-star hotel, timeshare complex and private housing estate. This would greatly increase the value to the Trump Organization of an investment on which Trump originally boasted he would spend up to £1bn.

Richard Painter, a former White House chief ethics adviser to George W Bush, said this extra investment was a “perfect example” of the clear conflicts of interest between Trump’s newfound power as president and his family’s business interests.

“He’s using language which is ambiguous. It clearly illustrates that around the world, he will just simply expand around the various holdings and as they continue to expand, the conflicts of interest expand,” Painter said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/14/trump-scotland-golf-resort-conflicts-of-interest
Could he invest that £1 Billion in the USA., and create jobs and homes there
And that's just one country where he has investments.
For a list of others, see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trump_Organization

But he wants to stop "other companies" from investing overseas.
Here's how he's bullied a 92 year-old, because he wants her land:

The 92-year-old has refused for years to leave her cottage in Blamedie, which is on the edge of the US presidential nominee’s £1 billion new golf course near Aberdeen.

The presidential hopeful has consistently tried to move Molly and her son, Michael, from their homes she says.

But she is so determined to stay she has been collecting stream water in a wheelbarrow for four years after builders working on the course damaged a water pipe to her home.

Molly claims she has been the victim of intimidation including cutting off her water supply, floodlighting her bedroom window and building a massive wall against her property.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/27/scottish-pensioner-92-whos-taking-on-donald-trump-6218253/

It's very important that the rich can play golf.

OT:
I'm not sure it's a "good thing", but "racists" and fvcktards may now feel they can openly display their dimwittery to the world, , so at least we might know who they are, and 'give them a wide berth'.

That moron who shouted "get out of my country", before murdering that guy, for no reason other than having darker skin, looked like a typical "Trump supporter" to me.
It's not so much a "glimmer of hope",
It's more of a "crack in the hull".

Have a pleasant day.
 gtomustang
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/28/2017 5:48:56 AM
"there is a glimmer of hope President Trump will be different"

>>>what happened to that glimmer when he hired the billionaire cabinet? People from Goldman Sachs, as was feared HRC would do? People tied into the oil industry just like the Bush cabinet? here's more of your "glimmer", sorry:

"The plan Trump has proposed greatly increases the government's child-care generosity, but the largest beneficiaries of her proposal are high-earning dual-income families relying on paid child care, says Alan Cole, an economist with the Tax Foundation, a politically conservative, nonprofit research group."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/heres-who-benefits-the-most-from-ivanka-trumps-child-care-plan/ar-AAnyNPN?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

there's a really good reason Dems have been upset about Chump getting into office--they saw way past your "glimmer" a long time ago. Chump didn't hide it at all, it was plain as day....but frankly, some just didn't want to see it.

there ain't no such thing as a "billionaire investor populist". Two of those three words work together, but not all three.

to answer the question below,

"Although illegal immigrants are spread throughout the U.S., California has a major concentration. In fact, the Public Policy Institute of California predicted about 2.7 million of the nation’s approximately 11 million undocumented workers live in the state. And those unauthorized workers make up 10 percent of California’s labor force, researchers from the University of Southern California’s Center for the Study of Immigrant Integration estimated.

The majority of those workers are in agriculture and construction. Undocumented workers make up 21 percent of California’s agriculture industry and nearly half — 45 percent — of the state’s construction industry, USC researchers said.

kicking out illegal immigrants could reduce the state’s economic output by 9 percent, said Giovanni Peri, an economist at the University of California, Irvine."

http://www.ibtimes.com/not-enough-workers-trump-immigrant-deportation-order-may-cause-labor-shortage-2496952
 Maleman999
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/28/2017 6:00:14 AM

Mexico has no shortage of peasants, pre or post NAFTA, and many would have come here regardless of it!

It's well known that a lot of the peasants from Mexico end up working on U.S. farms by the border, or a small local business. In farming communities, where everybody knows everybody, it would be common knowledge among the locals, who is hiring the illegals. That leads to the question: When they ask around and get a tip that farms X, Y, and Z are using illegals, why haven't the immigration authorities raided the farms where they suspect illegals are there employed as farm workers, and have a plan to raid all suspected farms at once, to avoid the word getting out and having the illegals flee before they're rounded up? It should be easy pickings. As well, the farmers who use illegals should be fined and/or jailed. That would stop the practice of using illegals in a hurry.

But how many Americans want to be migrant farm workers, living in a shack on a farm during growing and picking season, for a meager wage, and working outdoors every day from morning until night? Maybe that's why the government is turning a blind eye to illegals from Mexico working on U.S. farms.
 gtomustang
Msg: 88
paging SS454 :)
Posted: 2/28/2017 2:39:33 PM
b/c SS454 likes it when I work my carpal tunnel vision :)

what's caused the fall in wages since 1970? Well, NAFTA's a bit more recent than 1970, of course.

"The decline in employment has been accompanied by increases in incarceration rates (my note: can the drug war started by Nixon be part of this?), higher rates of enrollment in the Social Security Disability Insurance program and more Americans struggling to find work."

"When we consider all working-age men, including those who are not working, the real earnings of the median male have actually declined by 19 percent since 1970"

"Men with less education face an even bleaker picture; earnings for the median man with a high school diploma and no further schooling fell by 41 percent from 1970 to 2010."

"Women have fared much better over these 40 years, but they started from a lower level, and the same problems faced by their male counterparts are beginning to have an effect. Since 1970, the earnings of the median female worker have increased by 71 percent, and the share of women 25 to 64 who are employed has risen to 71 percent, from 54 percent. But after making significant wage gains over several decades, that progress has slowed and even reversed recently. Since 2000, the earnings of the median woman have fallen by 6 percent."

"Among the most robust findings in economics is that education reduces unemployment and increases earnings. But even with the remarkable capacity for education to produce growth, the rate of educational attainment in the United States has slowed, especially for men. The share of men 25 to 34 with a college degree, for example, has barely increased over the last 30 years. (The trends are much better for women.) The United States, once the world leader in educational attainment, has been surpassed by many countries."

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/22/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-american-wages/?_r=0

also:

"Over the next 10-20 years, if some prominent forecasts of the reach of service-sector offshoring hold true, and, if current patterns of trade roughly characterize this offshoring, then globalization could essentially erase all wage gains made since 1979 by workers without a four-year college degree."

"The most well-known outcome of this process is that the gross gains for professionals outweigh the gross losses of workers, hence the national economy sees net gains from trade.2 It is these net gains (which are much smaller than either the gross gains or gross losses) that constitute the argument in favor of global integration. However, it is (obviously) the gross losses that worry many workers about globalization, and this fear is utterly rational in light of economic theory.3"

http://www.epi.org/publication/bp196/

and just for laughs:

"the most recent economic evidence suggests that, on average, immigrant workers increase the opportunities and incomes of Americans. Based on a survey of the academic literature, economists do not tend to find that immigrants cause any sizeable decrease in wages and employment of U.S.-born citizens (Card 2005), and instead may raise wages and lower prices in the aggregate (Ottaviano and Peri 2008; Ottaviano and Peri 2010; Cortes 2008). One reason for this effect is that immigrants and U.S.-born workers generally do not compete for the same jobs; instead, many immigrants complement the work of U.S. employees and increase their productivity. For example, low-skilled immigrant laborers allow U.S.-born farmers, contractors, and craftsmen to expand agricultural production or to build more homes—thereby expanding employment possibilities and incomes for U.S. workers. Another way in which immigrants help U.S. workers is that businesses adjust to new immigrants by opening stores, restaurants, or production facilities to take advantage of the added supply of workers; more workers translate into more business."

"But while immigration improves living standards on average, the economic literature is divided about whether immigration reduces wages for certain groups of workers. In particular, some estimates suggest that immigration has reduced the wages of low-skilled workers and college graduates. This research, shown by the blue bars in the chart above, implies that the influx of immigrant workers from 1990 to 2006 reduced the wages of low-skilled workers by 4.7 percent and college graduates by 1.7 percent. However, other estimates that examine immigration within a different economic framework (the red bars in the chart) find that immigration raises the wages of all U.S. workers—regardless of the immigrants’ level of education."

http://www.hamiltonproject.org/papers/what_immigration_means_for_u.s._employment_and_wages/

no quotes from this, this post of mine is long enough with quotes, but its still interesting:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/04/economist-explains-12
 daynadaze
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 3:37:10 PM
I know, you've been coping me for so long I almost forget who started saying what. Aren't we just the twins!
 BeckyHT
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 3:42:25 PM

"What good things has Trump accomplished?"
He's gotten people out getting exercise in the fresh air with their marches.

Unless you've been in one like the Women's march, you don't really know why so many people (who never thought they would march in their lifetime), got out and marched. I did, and everyone I talked to, had the same concerns and reason as to why they joined the march. We all see Trump as incompetent and wrong to lead America.

One good thing Trump has done is recognized the Leftist Trash for what it is and has taken it on head-on. I am beginning to appreciate Trump in that regard.

tomfiend... Trump doesn't have the intelligence to recognize much of anything. Evidence "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated". Millions knew, just not Trump.

Now to talk about money laundering. About following the money trail. Rachel Maddow has amazing investigative reporting on her team... and yesterday, Monday night, she realized a bombshell... "Wilbur Ross At Nexus Of Donald Trump Russian Deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8dgbr5EI8&feature=share

Oh... to be part of the billionaire club... and have to hide your money... the German Deutsche bank and more.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/28/2017 4:31:19 PM
#87 says

It should be easy pickings.

It doesn't happen because the farming collective does not want this, by way of influencing the politicians. They want cheap labor plain & simple. Labor that does not involve paying benefits, etc.

There is an extra windfall for the US treasury that doesn't often get talked about....and that is all the illegals who have fake SS numbers and are employed! Guess what! They get taxed on their paychecks the same way a legal worker gets, but they don't ever get the money back in the form of Medicare of SS benefits.

As well, the farmers who use illegals should be fined and/or jailed.

The GOp was never for this ^...it will never happen under Trump. The GOP wants big business (their contributors) to make big money; whether doing business in the US...or outside it!

But how many Americans want to be migrant farm workers, living in a shack on a farm during growing and picking season, for a meager wage, and working outdoors every day from morning until night?

When I was a kid, nobody wanted to be a Sanitation worker (garbage man)....but then pay somebody $40/Hr with good benefits and union support, and then see what happens!

Try getting a job in Sanitation in most US towns and see what the waiting period is!

The same goes with Farm-hands.....you'll have to give them more than $40/hr, but raise it to that sweet spot, and the positions will be filled.........but that is a far cry from what an illegal migrant was getting paid...and what WE are gonna be paying for Produce at your supermarket!

Some jobs cannot be outsourced.....so you either get cheap labor and keep consumer prices within reach, or pay union wages, and start seeing prices sky-rocket at your supermarket.

```````````````````````````````````

to be part of the billionaire club... and have to hide your money... the German Deutsche bank and more.

Which is why the GOp won't have a bi-partisan investigation.....even they know that Trump is up to his neck in nefarious sh.it like this.......all they want is a closed door committe review, and they'll come out with the predicted conclusion that "there is no evidence of any wrong doing by Trump"....so they can focus of more of their agenda and consolidate their power!

Its really up to the middle class, the working poor, the disinfranchised, the soon to be poor and those without health benefits, to become VOCAL in the streets...demand transparency and justice every chance they get, at every event, all year long...until the GOP is rocked at its core.

As was famously said:

"the reason why men of evil thrive, is because those of good will.....take no action! "
 cotter
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2017 7:59:20 PM
What good things has Trump accomplished? ...

He does a really good job of jutting his chin out and squinting as he looks out to see who is clapping for him when he spouts all kinds of lies.

If he can get a bi-partisan bill passed to fix up our infrastructure and put people to work doing that ... then go for it. But he's pulling so much money out of things to pump up the military, I doubt there will be any money for such an "American fix-up".

It's time for us to start up the WPA again!
 deetristate
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/1/2017 3:09:34 AM
I record president speeches to fast forward through the clapping and standing.

As someone noted, even Schumer couldn't come up with a complaint. Ryan looked like a proud papa and he should be proud. It was a great speech.

He put forth an agenda and he even got a very subtle dig at the media when he talked about the Voice office.
He talked about "muslim partners" in combating isis.

Even cnn noted more than 2/3 polled had a positive reaction to the speech and policies therein. There are always the "my candidate didn't win" whinners but they couldn't even come up with anything except "how can he do all those things" while at the same time encouraging the dems to oppose trump on everything.

As far as the ACA, it has problems. While technically more people have insurance, if you have to spend thousands before it kicks in and it costs more per month than your home, you may as well not have any. It is good for the country if leftists accept the challenge to work with the white house.

How we will pay for some of this is a good question. But we will see what they come up with rather than knee herk oppose when it is not yet lroposed.
Also, to expect the government to reveal everything acquired on military or covert missions is like expecting soldiers not to die. Unrealistic and impractical.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/1/2017 5:07:46 AM

If he can get a bi-partisan bill passed to fix up our infrastructure and put people to work doing that ... then go for it. But he's pulling so much money out of things to pump up the military, I doubt there will be any money for such an "American fix-up".

Do not get taken in by his lies; he is taking outta his ass.

If Obama had said that about infrastructure fixes, he would have been severely attacked by the GOP
WE spend more on Military as it is, then the next 5 countries behind us put together; he is just too stupid to realize that we now fight "asymmetric" battles....that require finesse and stealth. Does he think he is gonna scare China, N Korea, etc when they all have Nukes?

The Generals are not gonna complain because they are getting new "toys", but they realize that much of it won't be used and not even needed.
 Maleman999
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/1/2017 6:04:25 AM
A trillion dollars on infrastructure, as well as more money for the military? Is the money just lying around under Trump's mattress, and he doesn't what to do with it? Are they going to gold plate the roads that rich people live on? I'm betting the infrastructure money, wherever it comes from, won't be used to improve the decay and run down areas in inner cities. It will be used to make the nice areas nicer. Trump's idea of improving the inner cities is more police presence and using strong-arm tactics against all of those bad people that live there. You will never see Trump denouncing the killing of unarmed civilians by gun happy police. He would just praise them for doing a good job.
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/1/2017 6:47:04 AM
It was nice to see that Trump can finally give a speech where he doesn't blame the media for his problems, talk about his election results rather than doing something about those "radical Christian terrorists" terrorizing JCC's, or talk about how everyone before him dropped the ball or how bad America is. Oh wait, two out of three ain't bad. But then, when the bar is low, all one can do is go up. No kidding about the clapping tho, someone close to the mike must have sore hands this morning, their clapping sounds like they were really pounding away. but I think America finally saw a politician at the mike, not a buffoon. Hopefully he can last a few more days and we'll finally have one week of no dumb mistakes.

His agenda was the same agenda he's been talking about all this time, but I like the part about the infrastructure. Like maleman says, it will likely be in neighborhoods like Mar-A-Lago, just like tax breaks for child care go to the wealthy, but i'd rather see our water and sewage networks and our electrical grids get brought into this century, than a bunch of new nukes (notice the JCS sat still during much of the clapping?). Our enemies right now are guerrilla forces and cyber attacks. In this age of global warming, let's get water pipes that don't leak, handle rains rather than snow melt in California, aren't susceptible to massive power outages, etc. let's be more efficient in how we deliver our daily services to the populace. That would be a better investment than raising the military budget, but of course it all has to pass the sequester. Let's see if the Tea Party finally wants to play ball or not.

the thing about health insurance is, it shouldn't cover every little pill. It won't make a profit that way. It should cover the catastrophic stuff that can bankrupt a family, not make every pill cost $5. That's a separate issue, and that requires going after the pharms. They advertise on TV to "ask your doctor", and we pay thru the nose so that the drugs can be cheaper elsewhere...while likely, half of them were probably discovered in a lab in a public university. But the GOP has had almost a decade to find a solution, and agree on it, and their answer is, "whew, it sure is complicated!" Yeah, thanks for the vote of support for what the Dems were able to pull out of that confusion. A half ass solution that works for some, beats not having any solution. A hole in a dyke beats tearing out the dyke and flooding the valley until the GOP can come up with a new type of dyke.

so far, Trump thinks we'll pay for it all by decreasing corruption and waste in government (like, uh, gee, lining his pocket with rent money!), and increased national productivity that will magically come about somehow (hey, who says the stock market may crash?), and getting rid of government programs/agencies/spending that he doesn't like. The problem of course is that getting rid of number one and three doesn't cover a military budget that is 50% of the Fed budget, and as for number two...even the Dems have written budgets based on future pie in the sky productivity proposals. No bank ever loans money to an investor who thinks they're going to have record profits as a way to pay back the loan.

then again, this time the "bank" is a Republican Congress. Hey, its only debt on our children, when's that ever been a problem before?

felt bad for the SEAL's widow, I think she was really wishing the camera would leave her alone to her tears. Wonder how the father felt, if he's changed his mind on the whole subject.

and now, from the "bucket of cold water" department, some salient points:

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/141043/donald-trumps-speech-wasnt-actually-good
 razors_edge55
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:09:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing GTO about all the clapping ,,,did someone turn up the sound ???
I just bet some Dems are happy they lost cause after 8 years of doing all the clapping ,,they can now
rest for at least 4 years ,,It's hard to think anyone "enjoys" going to this type of shin-dig ,,
unless they really really like being seen,
and by the looks of it ,,,the "swamp" is alive and well
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:13:51 AM
It was an uplifting and positive speech that spoke to a brighter future for America and Americans.
 Walts
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:26:10 AM
^^^^^^
POTENTIAL brighter future for America and Americans.

Mr.Trump just turned a corner, and "released" some of his campaign tactics and finally clued in, he's not going to do squat without the a little help from his "friends". Last night, he began trying to gain some.
 John252817
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:27:40 AM
It was a very good speech, a speech that the liberals just can't stand that it was. They were not going to be happy no matter what, "on the outside". But on the inside there were many democrats there that agreed with some of the speech and needed to look like they weren't. We see it all the time.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What good things has Trump accomplished?