Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dinno76
Msg: 226
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?Page 10 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I started off as an inforcer now I am a boss.
 sun___flower
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 11/18/2017 3:31:08 PM

I started off as an enforcer now I am a boss.

Nicely played, Dinno.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2017 9:32:57 AM

I don't message them because I feel if they view me and they don't send a message they are not interested.

That's your first mistake. Most gals don't write guys they are attracted to on here. They expect the guy to see they saw, and to write them, as a default. Women online moreso than IRL will come out of the blue to start conversation, but it's still in the minority when their mailbox gets filled up rather quickly. It's if you Write them, they view your profile / message, and they don't write you back = not interested.

If they view guys they are not interested because they are bored, why don't they browse guy's profiles without the guy knowing, like stealth mode.

Some do. You just don't know it. Duh. :)

Are women on here just attention wh*ring or looking for a ego boost? All feedback is welcomed.

They're not getting an ego boost by merely getting views. That would be frustration -- like you describe. Online, like IRL, for all practical purposes pretty much requires the guy to initiate conversation. So no, you're not giving any ego boost by not writing them. Some gals will get an ego boost getting messages at them -- even when mildly annoying, it still has provides a boost when their ego's been down. But many times the ego boost is increased when going out on a few dates and just window-shopping. Your frustration of women ego-boosting would be gals who'll write you but not want to meet and/or carry on a long-running conversation... or go out on dates and just fizzle out as they're continually online talking with boys.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2017 7:12:48 PM
I don't know how that place could be an ego boost? All it does is make women feel like... a bread bag full of vaseline.
 Walts
Msg: 230
Posted: 11/21/2017 4:38:07 PM
^^^^^^
I'm going with baby on this one. Why would any sane woman be looking to boost their ego by swimming in these waters????? I mean seriously guys. Do we really have that MUCH to offer women that they haven't seen or heard before?

I, personally, know most of the "reasons" why I'm single. Those reasons, themselves, give every sane piece of tail out there more than enough reason not to even be seen with me, just in case, it's catching.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2017 5:48:59 PM
(Above.)

All I heard was "sane" ❤❤
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/21/2017 10:56:48 PM
So, precisely how do we explain the women who incessantly complain about their experience here, but never f*cking leave?

I'm pretty sure this site doesn't give out monthly coupons for free doughnuts just for keeping an active membership here, so....
 Cynderella
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2017 11:41:04 PM
Now I can't get the image of
the bread bag full of Vaseline
outta my mind
 Walts
Msg: 234
Posted: 11/22/2017 3:48:52 AM

So, precisely how do we explain the women who incessantly complain about their experience here, but never f*cking leave?

Same reasons the ones that don't complain have and still stay.
And more than likely, the same reasons the guys we hear from but, are still here.

Hope.
Possibility of a chance.
You can't score if you don't shoot.
Caught in a corner and no where else to turn.

I've been here since forever, and every so often I do have a beef that enters my head, and I even may whine about it. But, being a foolish, stubborn cementhead, I carry on, just because of the chance of a possibility. If that is still around, more than likely, so will I.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2017 10:26:37 AM

I'm going with baby on this one. Why would any sane woman be looking to boost their ego by swimming in these waters????? I mean seriously guys. Do we really have that MUCH to offer women that they haven't seen or heard before?

I have to totally disagree with you on this POV. :) Women, IRL, admit to it -- and it's an obvious ego boost. Not so much for everyone and it can wear off quite shortly (YMMV), and obviously ones like NY who scoffs at anything remotely related to a possible yellow flag as a skull & crossbones, will be freaked out by what's flowing in their mailbox.

But in general, it's an eye-roller, something to complain/laugh/irk about -- but that doesn't mean it doesn't take care of a "guys aren't that into me" bug. And for relatively attractive gals, they will get relatively attractive guys hitting them up, too. There's a 2.5:1 ratio of dudes to gals on here. It doesn't have to be a party of male models to boost the ego. Far from it. They don't have to even be great looking enough to date -- it gives ya a feeling of "I can date, I can get dates if I want", that otherwise wouldn't be there before for some (hence, going online).
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2017 1:18:23 PM
OOOOOOk, I'll admit it. I could use a good "boost".................No, not my ego..............sheesh, "things" are headin' south, yep, I could use a boost.
 alpha__waves
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/26/2017 3:54:32 PM

There's a 2.5:1 ratio of dudes to gals on here.

Are we China now?
 spot4username
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 2:14:31 AM
The only boost I need is reaching the top cabinet.

No photos + hidden profile = not attention seeking.

I get plenty of "ego boosts" in just plain old every day life. For the most part I find people to be very complimentary or maybe it is a response to the fact that I am. I am one of those people who will tell a complete stranger that I like their shirt/hair/shoes/smile. Who knows?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 4:39:50 AM

OOOOOOk, I'll admit it. I could use a good "boost".................No, not my ego..............sheesh, "things" are headin' south, yep, I could use a boost.

That too. :) Even for guys who have an uphill battle to climb, getting some action can be a decent ego boost when their cupboard's been kinda empty for some time. It is for Everyone, even if mild while thinking it's not, when they're not getting enough sexual attention underneath it all, but then do get it. I think for many gals though, the negative "connotation" to just-sex counteracts a mild ego boost (which usually has been realized thru after-the-fact prior experiences).

No photos + hidden profile = not attention seeking.

Sure, if they're not using online dating (but want to keep their profile for forums, on hold when taken, etc). But those two factors don't automatically mean they're not using it for online dating at any point. Many gals will hide their profile to keep from bombardment ("Okay, I get it, I can get guys' attention; I'm past the ego-boost") -- and want to write guys, then providing pics, and getting attention via that being just fine enough.

I am one of those people who will tell a complete stranger that I like their shirt/hair/shoes/smile. Who knows?

That is a good thing to do. It's a good move for guys to do who are too shy to approach gals at a bar and the like in any standard boy-meets-girl scenarios. Just make passing positive comments to folks briefly passing by -- without aim of picking anyone up, but certainly open to engaging with them If/when that were to uncommonly happen... as it will not only "unwind" one to mingling in general for more standard routines, but given enough time -- Will get a # or whatever.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 240
Posted: 12/27/2017 1:09:06 PM

Same reasons the ones that don't complain have and still stay.
And more than likely, the same reasons the guys we hear from but, are still here.

Hope.
Possibility of a chance.
You can't score if you don't shoot.
Caught in a corner and no where else to turn.

I've been here since forever, and every so often I do have a beef that enters my head, and I even may whine about it. But, being a foolish, stubborn cementhead, I carry on, just because of the chance of a possibility. If that is still around, more than likely, so will I.

I missed this the first time around, but anyway....what would possess someone to stick with a method or option that is producing absolutely nothing? "Definition of insanity" and all that. Keep in mind we have people here who claim to have been going at this for the better part of a decade with no luck whatsoever. Call me crazy, but 10 years of failure with one method is enough to convince me it's not going to change, and I would be better off looking for alternatives.

That is a good thing to do. It's a good move for guys to do who are too shy to approach gals at a bar and the like in any standard boy-meets-girl scenarios.

The only problem here is, most of those guys aren't assertive enough to even give a compliment.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 1:33:38 PM

Me ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

That too. :) Even for guys who have an uphill battle to climb, getting some action can be a decent ego boost when their cupboard's been kinda empty for some time................

NG ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

JAYSUZ, NG,............. GET your fricken head, off sex, will ya? Can you manage that for 30-60 secs?
In no way shape or form was I referring to SEX! I was referring to my ass and my boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good grief, how old are you?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 4:29:21 PM

GET your fricken head, off sex, will ya? Can you manage that for 30-60 secs?

I can manage sex for a whole 90 seconds! Oh wait, oh, sorry -- I thought you said 30-60 seconds of getting off on sex... my bad! ;)

In no way shape or form was I referring to SEX! I was referring to my ass and my boobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Honestly though, I did think you were (wink wink) referring to sex, and saying you could use a boost in getting (more) of some action from the S.O., and that isn't something that would affect one's ego. :)
 Cynderella
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2017 6:18:36 PM

I can manage sex for a whole 90 seconds! Oh wait, oh, sorry -- I thought you said 30-60 seconds of getting off on sex... my bad! ;)

I think as humans we all could use a boost from time to time.

I personally don't need them from random strangers.
But...
Nice from the one you adore.
 THEMFNMAN
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 2:35:41 PM
Almost all of the women on dating sites are there to date. However, most of these women are not as attractive as they've been told and unfortunately the lies they've been told have them holding out for Chad: 6Feet+, Chiseled face, very fit body.

Reading a lot of these women's profiles is like reading case studies on narcissism, entitlement, and delusion. You'll have an overweight girl who is barely a 4 in the face DEMANDING all kinds of things from men on her profile, and she really believes she is on that level.

Thirsty men are partly to blame for that, hovering women's facebooks and instagrams all day telling them how beautiful they are even when they're not beautiful at all (those are the compliments that cause the most damage to the dating market). So this created a legion of women who are 3's and 4's being told they're 10's and now they come here with that mentality, never responding to messages and holding out for guys who are WAY out of their league.

If everyone were honest with women about how they actually look, the way they USED to be, dating sites would be a lot more effective. But when media and thirsty simp men spend all day telling every woman she's beautiful it causes an imbalance in se.xual market value and men on lower levels that would've been able to date lower level women are now being left with nothing as the lower level woman is now ego boosted enough that she thinks she deserves Chad and only Chad.
 cooldog65
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 6:25:17 PM
I have to admit that I used to be one of these thirsty simp dudes...

I'm a much better man now...
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2018 6:44:07 PM

Why would any sane woman be looking to boost their ego by swimming in these waters?????

The same reason the kings and queens of old used to ride their carriages among the adoring riff raff they couldn't have cared less about, except to see and hear their adoration.
 Platinum_Blonde_Angel
Msg: 247
Posted: 2/7/2018 6:49:13 AM

Almost all of the women on dating sites are there to date. However, most of these women are not as attractive as they've been told and unfortunately the lies they've been told have them holding out for Chad: 6Feet+, Chiseled face, very fit body.

Reading a lot of these women's profiles is like reading case studies on narcissism, entitlement, and delusion. You'll have an overweight girl who is barely a 4 in the face DEMANDING all kinds of things from men on her profile, and she really believes she is on that level.

Thirsty men are partly to blame for that, hovering women's facebooks and instagrams all day telling them how beautiful they are even when they're not beautiful at all (those are the compliments that cause the most damage to the dating market). So this created a legion of women who are 3's and 4's being told they're 10's and now they come here with that mentality, never responding to messages and holding out for guys who are WAY out of their league.

If everyone were honest with women about how they actually look, the way they USED to be, dating sites would be a lot more effective. But when media and thirsty simp men spend all day telling every woman she's beautiful it causes an imbalance in se.xual market value and men on lower levels that would've been able to date lower level women are now being left with nothing as the lower level woman is now ego boosted enough that she thinks she deserves Chad and only Chad.

I cannot speak for your experiences only the ones I had in the past over the years (& it was a long time that I used dating sites while being a single Mom raising my kids back when online dating was in it's infancy)

I would say I started approx 20 years ago, & I did not hold out or even look for a "Chad" but rather "a nice guy". When I was in my late 30's early 40's the majority of the women doing OLD were single Moms, & plenty of the men had kids too, so it was harder. Back then not everyone had a cell phone or even a pager, there was no Facebook, Amazon Prime, etc. The internet was semi-new.

Whether a man or woman is overweight & whether you OP deem them a "4 in the face" doesn't mean people cannot expect the basic tenets of good character.

Maybe many of these women do not respond bec. they were not serious to begin with, or are shy, met someone & didn't take their ad down, etc. This is a free site & there is no motivator to delete an old & perhaps forgotten ad. As far as judging them on their photos, maybe some used plainer pics to downplay their looks to weed out the more superficial men?

What did people do before online dating?
They had a personality, social skills, hobbies, interests, a sense of community & family. They engaged & participated in activities & hobbies.

They met organically, the old fashioned way.

From what I've seen over the years, people still meet the old fashioned way & value each other as human beings.

Online dating can be de-personalizing, like ordering an item from Amazon or Ebay or whatever your fave online purchasing site is.

People may forget that just clicking does not a relationship make.

I said in another post in another thread, that all this clicking is meaningless, it's a fidget spinner designed to generate advertising income
 Dinno76
Msg: 248
Posted: 2/7/2018 4:29:15 PM
You cannot make people date who they do not want to date. If they are not attracted to you then there is nothing you can do about it . Just have to move on with your life.
 THEMFNMAN
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2018 12:50:10 PM
@Platinum_Blonde_Angel

If your picture is any indication, my guess is that you experienced many years of men showing you interest. So you know as well as any woman what it's like to have men throwing themselves at you. You bring in the internet age and you can multiply that by as many as thousands. Women today experience a level of attention that was never possible before and with that comes an all-time high ego inflation that has had a detrimental effect on the dating market. Understand though, this isn't a problem inherent to women, if men experienced this the same outcome would happen, it's a human nature thing.

Today, all a woman has to do is put up a pic and men flock, and she doesn't even have to be all that attractive to get that attention. Instagram has given us an amazing glimpse into that dynamic. Before the internet age, women had to put in a real effort to get male attention. They had to get fixed up, show up someplace, and be at least mildly pleasant and they had to COMPETE for that attention as many other women would be in the same place. None of those things are necessary anymore because all it takes is an uploaded pic and men show up. I've seen women on these sites that look like they just rolled out of a steam factory and their profile has stuff on it like, "Stop messaging me for sex!" You have to figure, if a woman that looks a mess is getting tons of messages with many asking for sex, what are average, above average, and hot women getting?

Certainly, some women on these sites are not serious, but that's one of the many frustrations men deal with. It's just another wasted effort to connect. There are also women who get a kick out of stringing men along only to disappear at some point, many times right before a date is supposed to take place. There is a notorious one named Mateena Simpson that sets up profiles across the country and her entire hobby is leading men on with the allure of wanting a nice guy and love, etc, then disappearing without a trace.

Platinum_Blonde_Angel said: "As far as judging them on their photos, maybe some used plainer pics to downplay their looks to weed out the more superficial men?"

That would be a clever idea, but it's probably giving people a bit too much credit. If a woman is attractive even a plain photo will reveal that. It's like the photos they've shown of Taylor Swift without makeup... she's still hot. There are just a number of women who don't put in any effort and many who don't even know how. Personally, I'd prefer the woman not wear makeup but I also realize that for many women this would be a major disadvantage for them in the dating market and they realize it as well, hence the astronomical sales numbers of cosmetic products.

Platinum_Blonde_Angel said: "I would say I started approx 20 years ago, & I did not hold out or even look for a "Chad" but rather "a nice guy"."

Women with children tend to be a bit more realistic than women without when it comes to dating, but that's necessary because there are a lot of men who won't date women with children.

I think if you ask any woman she will SAY she is seeking a nice guy. The interesting part is that what women SAY and what they actually DATE are very often much different.
 Dinno76
Msg: 250
Posted: 2/12/2018 6:51:28 AM
Women only want nice guys when they are over their reproductive age.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?