Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curvylady1965
Msg: 301
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?Page 13 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
To be fair John, I find that I have to stop myself from saying anything complimentary to a person of either sex at work. I've been exposed to way too many conversations where someone is talking about how so and so made them uncomfortable. I try to just avoid making personal remarks. And I was always a natural arm toucher. Had to put that habit to bed in a hurry. Last thing I want is a grievance over harassment or something similar. Overall, the longer I live, the more sensitive I find people get. My circle of trust gets smaller over time.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 9/19/2018 7:31:24 PM
was at a funeral about a year ago, seen old classmates and friends from 30 years ago. shake hands with the men, hug the women as usual. when I got up to the deceased sister and gave her a hug, you would of thought I felt her up! I will NEVER greet a women with a hug again EVER unless she hugs me first!
 Onelionheart
Msg: 303
Posted: 9/19/2018 7:40:47 PM

! I will NEVER greet a women with a hug again EVER unless she hugs me first!

Bingo, that is exactly what they want Sir.

They want you to be controlled. Learn to say NO and reject. This video below from a woman that may teach you something.

BELIEVE ME, women will beg you and I mean it literally, bag you for please having sex with them, when you care less about having sex.

Do not care so much sir. Deal with respect, but do not care. There are things in life much better than thinking of a woman. Thinking of a woman except one of your family, is wasting time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTSJUnphCg
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:03:29 PM
I'm afraid all of the good advice above will fall on deaf ears. Men and women want each other and think of each other and that's why there are so many of us on this planet.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:31:12 PM

They want you to be controlled. Learn to say NO and reject.
don't think I would take it that far. I neither want to control nor be controlled. while I understand and even agree with some of what you say, it just isn't a game I care to play. my comments was reinforcing that men have to be careful when they approach women because a select few can really create an issue over it.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 306
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:37:15 PM

I'm afraid all of the good advice above will fall on deaf ears. Men and women want each other and think of each other and that's why there are so many of us on this planet.

They need each other, yes, but with different percentage. A REAL man does not get a period each month, reminds him, he needs a baby. A REAL man does not feel he is over 35, and gets worried about the decrease of his probability to have a baby. A REAL man does not wear a makeup and has outfits with cleavage to grab attention.

Alfa men, work very well by themselves. They respect all human beings, regardless of their religion, color, or sex. However, they cannot be controlled by ANY DESIRE.

Have you read Anne-Marie Slaughter's article: Why Women 'Still Can't Have It All' ?
 Onelionheart
Msg: 307
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:52:33 PM

my comments was reinforcing that men have to be careful when they approach women because a select few can really create an issue over it.

You have to be sir. Do not touch any woman, except the women you trust from your family.

It does not worth it.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:53:13 PM
^^^No... not my kind of reading.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 309
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:57:32 PM

^^^No... not my kind of reading.

My pleasure, however, Anne-Marie Slaughter, served as Director of Policy Planning for the United States Department of State, the first woman to hold that position.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 8:58:57 PM
Being a woman doesn't automatically make me interested in the subject though.
 cooldog65
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 9:05:47 PM

Agreed, and with this #MeToo era we're living in, God forbid a man strike up a conversation with a pretty lady for fear of being branded a sexual predator.

That may depend on her boundaries (healthy or not) or how attracted she is to him.

Chatting up a woman with tact and grace is a dying art, so is turning a person down with charm.

Almost anything now is a dying art. Too much technology too quick.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 312
Posted: 9/19/2018 9:08:19 PM

Being a woman doesn't automatically make me interested in the subject though.

Ma~am, you do not need to care about high profile smart people's articles.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 11:46:52 PM

I wish people did strike up conversations like that in real life. But it's now increasingly rare. Again, everyone is checking their cellphones a million times a day.

Strike up conversations IRL?! In person?? No! Whoah whoah whoah! You're supposed to email them for weeks, THEN have a conversation in real life! Sheesh, don't be hasty with boys! ;)
 siisaa
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:04:07 AM

Calling total BS on that one.

The #MeToo movement isn't about getting chatted up by a stranger. It's about being sexually assaulted, raped, and other forms of sexual intimidation. HUGE difference between the forms of assault under MeToo and casual conversation.

It may have started out with those intentions but it has degenerated into demonizing men for any and every little thing. Young women who bemoan "ew, creep!!!!" at guys who talk to them but then whine in the same breath that no one approaches them come to mind. A lot of decent men simply don't want to risk chatting up women in public anymore, especially with sexual assault & harassment accusations flying about.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 1:33:27 AM
"France just outlawed street harassment."

French lawmakers approved a bill early Thursday morning that makes catcalling and sexist comments a crime, Reuters reported. Street harassment is now a punishable offense with on-the-spot fines of up to 750 euros, or around $870. According to earlier reports, harassers could be fined more for repeat offenses or cases that become physical.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/france-street-harassment-crime_us_5b634939e4b0b15abaa0f552
 Onelionheart
Msg: 316
Posted: 9/20/2018 9:44:16 AM
Question,

so if a man called a woman, morning pretty eyes, does that consider sexual harassment for women?
 siisaa
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 10:40:37 AM
^ lol, depends on how she feels about him. Refer to my 11-page-long "What is Creepy?" thread. If it's a man a woman is attracted to, it's harmless flirting. If it's someone she is repulsed by, it's harassment.
 spot4username
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:01:12 PM

so if a man called a woman, morning pretty eyes, does that consider sexual harassment for women?

Is the man my boyfriend? Are we dating? If the answer to either of those questions is yes then it is fine. It sounds awkward but whatevs.

Is he a stranger? No, it is not okay. It is not sexual harassment but it is far too familiar and just weird. Working with the public I deal with this sort of thing a lot and situations like this are a common topic of conversation. The majority of women be they young, old, ugly, attractive, fat, skinny, short, tall, poor, rich, etc. do not feel comfortable when a strange man acts too familiar. And no, looks do not matter. I had a pretty darned attractive man say something rather like this today and when he walked away the two female coworkers who were behind the desk with me both remarked on how cringe it was. One is older than me and single and the other is younger and married. The younger one said "he's hot but ugh, no thanks". We both agreed with her.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 319
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:07:25 PM

lol, depends on how she feels about him. Refer to my 11-page-long "What is Creepy?" thread. If it's a man a woman is attracted to, it's harmless flirting. If it's someone she is repulsed by, it's harassment.

Very understandable. I hope guys reading your comment learning something.

Another Question,

How about a woman works as Customer Service calling a customer "HON"? Of course, most men consider it as a way of being friendly, and never think of it sexually or offensively, either they like or dislike the word or the woman herself.

*********************************************************************************************
There is a Jewish morning prayer says," “Blessed are you, Lord, our God, ruler of the universe WHO HAS NOT created me a WOMAN.”
*********************************************************************************************

norwegianguy456
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2018 12:20:11 PM

French lawmakers approved a bill early Thursday morning that makes catcalling and sexist comments a crime

So you get parking-in-a-handicapped-spot level fine for that. Which, I can understand plainly obvious cat-calling. There's no "I didn't mean that", if it's true cat-calling which is yelling at them (usually from a decent distance). Sexist comments -- I can see, but of the non-interpretive variety, but freaking plain as day.

The problem is when things Aren't really sexist or plain as day, but someone's uber-sensitivity + skewed lens how they see things will see it as such. That's where law-making needs to be strict to it. Yeah, people will say things that you don't like, but "this" applies only to straight-up non-interpretative, plain-as-day executions.

No, that wouldn't hold up. If that's All that happened, and it did hold up for some reason -- there'd be something terribly wrong with that.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 6:34:57 AM

The majority of women be they young, old, ugly, attractive, fat, skinny, short, tall, poor, rich, etc. do not feel comfortable when a strange man acts too familiar. And no, looks do not matter. I had a pretty darned attractive man say something rather like this today and when he walked away the two female coworkers who were behind the desk with me both remarked on how cringe it was. One is older than me and single and the other is younger and married. The younger one said "he's hot but ugh, no thanks". We both agreed with her.

I hear you... good-looking people sometimes feel their attention should be treated as God's gift... they lose touch with reality.
 RareLiam1994
Msg: 322
Posted: 9/21/2018 9:54:15 AM

good-looking people sometimes feel their attention should be treated as God's gift

And who's fault is that other than all the people who feed their egos? You yourself have most definitely made good looking guys feel like they are worth more than someone who wasn't blessed with the looks.

I don't blame good looking people for being so awful. They've been showered with love and affection since an early age and it's all they're used to. Spoilt rotten basically. My advice is to stop treating the good looking people like they're better! See a girl that is good looking? Don't tell her she's pretty, don't feed her ego, she won't care about you nor the other 100s of males messaging her. If you are going to message a pretty girl then make sure you're actually good looking enough for her and make sure she has put some effort into writing something on her profile!
 Onelionheart
Msg: 323
Posted: 9/21/2018 10:36:43 PM
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 5:31:07 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

^^^ the vid is a good one, never thought about guys getting comments quite like that.
But dont think it happens to most guys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Women only want nice guys when they are over their reproductive age......Dinno
^^^^^^
I have always been drawn to the typical nice guy, and at almost 59, I still am.

lnitia
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2018 9:17:42 PM
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/12/03/female-footballer-wins-historic-award-is-promptly-asked-if-she-can-twerk/23607576/ The harrasment of the #metoo movement is not public displays. While the above spokesperson was chastised greatly- there are no harassment charges. It is way different to have authority figures "bosses, supervisors, instructors, doctors, religious leaders, parents, childcare providers etc" soliciting/pressuring/forcing sexual advances or making unwanted advances" these typically are not happening in front of numerous other people (in public) because it clearly would not be acceptable appropriate and those in authority know this!

I personally do not like anyone to call me out of my name man or woman.It is extremely offensive when customer service representatives call me hun or sweetie, dearie. I have a girlfriend who does it all the time- finally after asking her numerous times to stop, i began utilizing the most sickly, sweet, infantile terms of "endearment" (sic) "baby child, baby girl" for her - she rarely does it now. I also prefer service agents to utilize Ms. or my first name- seems nobody in the world know how to pronounce Ms.: mihzz.

Certainly having intimate (not gross general terms that are interchangeable with any human being) nick-names or terms of endearment/empowerment are enjoyable and fun!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?