Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 51
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?Page 3 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I keep seeing this thing about OLD. What is OLD? Oh so some people don't use the meet me notifications after viewing a profile they may be interested in. Hmmm.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 52
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 3/8/2017 9:32:01 AM
OLD = On Line Dating

What perplexes me are the women who add me to their faves, I send them a msg and all I get are crickets ?

Wtf ?

Don't add me if you're not interested - DUH !
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/8/2017 10:43:08 AM
This is exactly what I mean. I do think it is attention wh*ring/ego boost for some.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/8/2017 10:49:23 AM
It's pretty sad if a woman adds a guy to her faves for the sole purpose of going to the mirror and giving herself a high five if he messages her
 sun___flower
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover ?
Posted: 3/8/2017 11:53:24 AM

What perplexes me are the women who add me to their faves, I send them a msg and all I get are crickets ?

Wtf ?

Well what do your messages say? Do you use that weird Canadian spelling where you write such things as 'sense of humour'? That might be your problem right there.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/8/2017 11:57:54 AM
^^^^

I basically say

" I'm glad you added me to your faves cuz I could REEEEEEEEEALLY used a good shag about now ! Your place or mine ? "

( shrug )
 sun___flower
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:08:08 PM
Too British. Replace 'shag' with 'f*ck' and see what happens. #yourewelcome
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:09:49 PM
F uck is too crude IMO

Btw, Curse words won't show up unless you space them apart like this :

f uck

# prego isn't just a spaghetti sauce
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:28:00 PM

Fullmoonguy,

I really enjoyed your feedback. You are hilarious. Great humor.

Muchas gracias, rc.

MANY of them do not expose themselves

That's one of my biggest complaints.

Many women just do not expose themselves to me.
 sun___flower
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:28:20 PM
Seriously, it is really weird when someone adds you to faves and then ignores your message. Really f ucking weird.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:33:03 PM
Yes, it IS f ucking weird .....

Perhaps the OP is on to something

# hashtags are fun
 sun___flower
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:37:25 PM
I do agree with the OP that some people create a POF profile for strictly attention-seeking purposes.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/8/2017 2:30:28 PM
Some men do so, for sex seeking purposes.

I call that a match made in heaven.

Some people deserve each other, as far as I'm concerned.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:39:43 PM
I am on to something. I've read through other forum and alot of themy claim they will message first, also I noticed how alot of females express how they do not appreciate the d*ck pic sent to them but just how my profile was address for being negative, they consider how they present themselves in photos i.e. cleavage shots and bikini pic send the wrong message. For the ones that are obviously attention wh*ring need to be redirected to Instagram, just my suggestion.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/8/2017 6:46:46 PM

Chuck - What perplexes me are the women who add me to their faves, I send them a msg and all I get are crickets ?

Wtf ?

Don't add me if you're not interested - DUH !

OP - This is exactly what I mean. I do think it is attention wh*ring/ego boost for some.

Then there must be a lot of men attention wh*ring too since I've had, probably, around 200 men favorite my profile and maybe a handfull actually follow through and write.

I have the same reaction as Chuck. I just delete favorites now. An actual email is the only thing that means anything.

OP - Aren't thereally any indicator that hint to women waiting for guys to intiate the message such a view then sending a meet me notification. I figure if they did that, that would be a good hint to contact them first, but if not why even bother looking at their profile, let alone message them?

So over the course of 3 pages you've moved from 'confused' to 'chicken shit and lazy'. Congratulations. I'm sure the OLD god will rain down hotties on you any time now.

OP - I am on to something. I've read through other forum and alot of themy claim they will message first, also I noticed how alot of females express how they do not appreciate the d*ck pic sent to them but just how my profile was address for being negative, they consider how they present themselves in photos i.e. cleavage shots and bikini pic send the wrong message. For the ones that are obviously attention wh*ring need to be redirected to Instagram, just my suggestion.

Can someone translate this into English please?
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/9/2017 4:10:25 AM
Cynthia,

Just to sum it up, I am on to something with women wanting attention for thone women and even men that want just attention should go to Instagram that website is more appropriate for their needs.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 7:35:52 PM
Ricky wrote:

I've received alot of views, for example one day I received 33 views on the binocular symbol but no messages. This has been my experience in LA and El Paso.

Well, your experience goes against what many here say about pictures.... they say the pix are what gets you OLD dates; the profile text is not important. You have the looks, so there must be something in your profile turning women off. To me, your profile text seems quite bland, but then again, I'm a guy who is not experienced in OLD. But all I am saying is you have the looks, so that is not the problem. If you have not done so already, may want to go the profile review section.
 Seki1949
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:21:26 PM

Can someone translate this into English please?

Really, it's so much better in the original Klingon.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/9/2017 9:33:56 PM
My apologies, the auto correct on this phone keeps changing words around that don't need to be changed and it'seems messing up the grammar in my post.
 Nestaron
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/10/2017 4:59:28 PM
In a year I have received 1 message from a woman first is aggressiveness restricted to american women only it seems. I hear woman say they message first but no one I know ever got a message first except me and that was a bullshit employment question so I was totally uninterested. I have no problem boosting women's egos someone needs to do it might as well be me I have nothing else better to do at them moment. No worries though I good little things like being ignored dont really bother me I got used to that my mother did that all my life.
 BriningIt
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 6:13:08 PM
I get messages initiated by women often. The problem is all they say is "hey there". Sorry, not interested in replying to that. Not to mention their profile fits into the "will respond" category. Have you seen that? It usually comes up when I first log in. I can see why they "will respond".

Anyway, I quit initiating a conversation. The no response is a response is my history. Saying that, I started reworking my pro and haven't finished yet so if you go looking, send me a "hey there" lol
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/10/2017 6:45:59 PM

I get messages initiated by women often. The problem is all they say is "hey there".

In case you were not aware, women have available to them a feature that men do not called "flirt". It's kind of like Meet Me or like "wink" in that it's a one-button method for a woman to indicate interest. The flirt sends the "hey there", the woman didn't type and send those words.

That is not to say that you should reply to them. I don't reply to those kinds of messages that men type and send to me either. Just trying to clarify that those messages are the result of a woman specifically trying to show interest. She may not know the exact message the computer sends. But I agree with you, if she was actually interested then she could write a real message.
 BriningIt
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2017 6:53:50 PM
Cynthia, thanks for telling me that. I haven't been on POF since after they limited us free loaders. I was thinking bots since they were all the same. But yea, say more than "hey there" if you really want me to respond.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2017 2:47:48 PM

Purple, if it really takes you that long to write a 2 to 5 sentence email, then I can see why you've given up.

2 to 5 sentence intro? I'd expect to get about zero replies doing that. I'd be better off writing to this theme-

"Why do I want out of the dumb stupid dating scene" In 25 dirty words or less.

Makes about as much sense as hiring someone to do work on something you own, because that person said "I can do it".

But then, my way doesn't work ether. Obviously, I won't shovel the proper bs to grab a woman's interest. Yet I keep reading comments from women, about how they got snookered by some fast talking lowlife that fed them a pack of lies. In the 5+ years I've been on here, I never handed out one bit of information that I couldn't, or wouldn't stand behind. It works, in my business. But not here.

First couple years, I used to feel sorry for women that got screwed over by a guy. My opinion has changed. Now, I see it as-" You let yourself get suckered into it". I came acrossed those smooth talkers in my work. 99 times out of 100, I found out they weren't worth fooling with. That was during my early years. I wised up, and stopped dealing with those jokers. Women, on the otherhand, never seem to learn. They get duped, time and again, until their only recourse is to stop dating altogether. I may ask for a chance, but since they were never willing to give me one, then what's the point of asking?
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:46:40 PM
It is strange, now I have women that viewed me before view me again but no message. Everyone has different opinions about this topic including me. So in my opinion I just think some are looking for an ego boost and are really shallow, it makes no sense to be on this site for 5 years unless you are really shallow and have sky high standards . If they are not a Channing Tatum or Stephen Curry look a like, then men are going to struggle on here. C'est la vie!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?