Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sun___flower
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover ?Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
^^^ How do you know they're viewing you again? And yes, some people (both men and women) on this site are looking for an ego boost and are really shallow.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 77
Are Women on POF Just Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover ?
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:20:53 PM
I remember the face, on the main pic from, they viewed me in February and again today this is actually the 3rd time someone has done that. I don't know if theyve created an account and started browsing again or if they are really bored.
 sun___flower
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:32:34 PM
Do you have a standard (free) account? On standard accounts, the pictures on the Viewed Me page are sorted by last log-in, not by last view of your profile.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:47:41 PM
I have the free one. Ok good to know then. Thanks.
 sun___flower
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 9:52:00 PM
You're welcome.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/17/2017 5:45:23 PM
I'm starting to wonder if location and race/ethnicity is the issue. Hmmmm but why are they looking?
 quicktyper
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/18/2017 6:54:54 AM
Now 4 pages in and you're still prancing around this subject like a teenage girl. If you haven't messaged them then take some action and see what happens. What have you got to lose?
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 83
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 11:18:12 AM

If they view guys they are not interested because they are bored, why don't they browse guy's profiles without the guy knowing, like stealth mode. Are women on here just attention wh*ring or looking for a ego boost?

Men do the same thing. Does that make them attention w h o r e s, too? A lot of people don't know or care about browsing in "stealth mode". Are they hoping to get a message for an ego boost???

The way I see it...people browse profiles the same way one might, while looking for a new pair of shoes. They might like the view of the main photo and then after reading the profile or seeing some more pics...decide that they don't actually care to try them on. Ya know???
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 84
view profile
History
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 11:42:53 AM

........they don't actually care to try them on. Ya know???

Aww come on now, IMayBeCrazy, you can not make sense here, LOL
Dontcha know, it's aginst the rules!
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 85
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:12:25 PM
I'm starting to wonder who the views whore is here.

OP complains of lots of views but no messages. So what does he do? Continues to****around with his main photo (to draw more views) but nothing to improve his profile that is barely above bad (to draw messages).

But his thread has hit 4 pages so he does have that.

Actions speak louder than words.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 86
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:30:01 PM
Why are you being hostile? It's just an opinion.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 87
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:36:10 PM
Yes I believe men attention wh*re but my issue is with the women on here which I suspect do it for an ego boost in "my locations" I can not speak for other areas, I'm not into men so that is not my concern if they do it.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 88
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:39:54 PM
Cynthia,

Why are you so hostile? If you don't like what I have to say just ignore this post. This is not meant to start arguments. It is my problem not yours and I'll pursuit advice as I please.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 89
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 12:58:01 PM

Yes I believe men attention wh*re but my issue is with the women on here which I suspect do it for an ego boost in "my locations" I can not speak for other areas, I'm not into men so that is not my concern if they do it.

Right, but do you send a message immediately after viewing someone's profile?
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 90
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 1:16:06 PM
My time being on POF, I only view profiles that viewed me first and I did not send a message. I only did that the first three weeks and I stopped viewing the profiles that viewed me. So currently I don't view profiles.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 91
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 1:55:10 PM

Why are you so hostile?

Not hostile at all. Just following the tone you set in the OP. Remember this?

Are women on here just attention wh*ring or looking for a ego boost?

You could have stopped at asking why all the views but no messages. But, no, your expressed presumptions bashed the women and you are clean in the outcome.

If you don't like what I have to say just ignore this post.

Again you seem to have forgotten your own OP.

All feedback is welcomed

Uh huh. Apparently only if it agrees with your negative presumption of the women's behavior and motives.

It is my problem not yours

true dat

and I'll pursuit advice as I please.

Unfortunately that's not how the forums work. You put it out there and people will comment. Like it or not, you can't control how they comment.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 92
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 4:40:27 PM
Yes all feedback is welcomed noto bashing you referred to me as being chicken sh*t and lazy on an earlier post, it just seems this post is aggravating you, so just don't reply if it is going get on your nerves. Also I have had male member confirm that some are on here to attention wh*re and looking for an ego boost so I'm not alone in my thinking
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 93
view profile
History
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 4:56:03 PM
Ricky, I don't believe anyone is trying to be hostile, but .................Do you know what a dead horse looks like?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 94
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 4:58:38 PM
A "male member"?
Buttercup I know it is hard to accept that women aren't swooning
But they are no more attention whores that you are for posting in theis thread.
Alone
Yea, that's the key word
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 95
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 5:18:16 PM
Ok, there were two other post that were similar to mine and just brought back my initial thoughts regarding women on POF. But yes I understand I just go to let it go and except the status quo, it's not cool but I guess that's how it goes in this OLD
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 96
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 5:34:05 PM
Swooning? I'm not looking for an inbox full of messagesurprises but views and not one damn message is alarming. Alot of thoughts come across my mind: For the black women not attractive? For the non black women is because of race? But then why would they view me in the first place. At this point if some were to be straight up and just say I'm not attractive enough to get a message, that would probably be the most accurate response I've gotten this post lol..... My problem won't be resolved anytime soon. Its cool have a good weekend everyone.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 97
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/18/2017 7:00:27 PM
Male members, I really hate my auto correct. Messing up my grammar seriously. Lol
 quicktyper
Msg: 98
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/19/2017 1:17:01 AM
Your photo set introduces us to you, and your muscles. There's precious little about you in your profile. You seem to think that should be enough to have the ladies messaging you. And because they're not, you're laying the blame everywhere else, including the 'race' card??

This will put some off "I can't change my age" (err, yes you can, you're not upgraded so you can easily scrap this profile and start again with the correct DOB).

You're not viewing the ladies who viewed you, which means you don't find any of them attractive, right? You're not sending any messages out yourself either. What makes you think not doing any work will get you results? Did those muscles on your arms just appear overnight?

If you want results you need to take some action, not whine in here like a teenage schoolgirl.
 2ufo2
Msg: 99
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:10:43 AM

But then why would they view me in the first place.

Why not?
I personally like to view people that have some saying on their profile (I love your 'looking for a cure'...) as well as read their profile to see what kind of impression they give.

Perhaps they look and see they are not what you want... I'm fat and so often I see 'H/WP'. A lot of times I see 'God comes first' and being some odd combination of atheistic, agnostic, New Age crystal wienie, and scientific pragmatist, I avoid people who mention 'God', 'Jesus', 'God-fearing' and a couple of other catch phrases.

Perhaps they look and see that you are not what they want... shirtless bathroom pics are simply a don't-even-bother for me. As are multiple photos of cars, boats, planes, and most other mechanical conveyances. Anyone who starts mentioning where he's traveled as a list strikes me as boring. Someone who mentions video games - especially more than once! I'm outta there. Mentioning how terrible your ex is... Puh-lease. Having a major problem with an ex indicates that the problem is more likely with you.

Or perhaps you simply live too far away (which is just as likely across town as it is across the country), the age isn't right, or your profile simply doesn't entice them to do more than look.

Also, as pointed out previously, why aren't you messaging the people you find attractive? Why are you waiting until some woman emails you... you're aren't that attractive and your profile isn't that enticing.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 100
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:14:50 AM
I'm not playing the race card. That's a fair question to ask, race matters, including women of my own race. Otherwise some of them wouldn't mention racial preference on their profiles. Good point about the profile, it's not like this profile is seeing any results. Once again, what's the point of sending a message? Another member refer to it as window shopping they look but they decide to pass. So why would I send a message again? If they were interested would they send a message, women are not as "traditional" as people make them out to be.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?