Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 101
You're Overthinking ItPage 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Well at least I got a genuine answer finally. I'm not attractive. So why would I put myself out there if not that attractive? Wouldn't the message be a waste of time? Thank you this appears to be honest feedback.
 cooldog65
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:23:08 AM
I wonder about the women who have an empty profile and links to all of their social media accounts. That speaks for itself.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:28:50 AM
It screams attention wh*re
 aquaandorange14
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:59:02 AM
How do you not know this answer already? There was a discussion a while back about what "will fill out later" or something similar actually means. The overall conclusion was that it meant exactly what you think it means. How many of those do you see in your searches? There is also the possibility that these profiles were created by guys looking for a good laugh.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:20:44 PM
Could you quit screaming attention whore? Especially since you are knuckling your eyes wondering why they shun you.
But your use of the word whore makes me wonder what other words you use to denigrate women
Here's a shovel to help you dig outta that hole " dog"
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:37:07 PM
How am I screaming attention where? I'm just agreeing with the other guys post. I'm sure if you do not have an empty profile linking to your other accounts this does not apply to you. Nor should you be offended.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:37:40 PM
*attention Wh*re
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:53:28 PM

My time being on POF, I only view profiles that viewed me first and I did not send a message. I only did that the first three weeks and I stopped viewing the profiles that viewed me. So currently I don't view profiles.

So...you were only viewing the profiles that looked at you first, but didn't send any messages...and now you're not viewing any profiles??? What are you doing here? Your profile suggests that you're looking for a relationship, but your behavior suggests you're just here for the forums. C'mon...they're entertaining to an extent, but not THAT entertaining.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:56:04 PM
I was just looking for suggestions and it was going great and I agreed with alot of the suggestion until I started agreeing with some male members that made comments on the post, that's when things started going south. Im trying to improve my chances, but now I find myself arguing with female members on POF foruns which I don't want to do.
 2ufo2
Msg: 110
You're Overthinking It
Posted: 3/20/2017 9:49:13 AM

Well at least I got a genuine answer finally. I'm not attractive.

*sigh*... what I though I said was that you aren't attractive enough to sit on your posterior and wait for women to email you so you have a full in-box and plenty of choice in the candy shop that is POF.

But, take it any way you want.
 BBWloverIsHere
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/31/2017 10:37:08 PM
This been bugging me for some time, I have several profile views every day, but it don't make sense why they letting me know they viewed me, there's the option to go stealth like you said, it makes no sense they let you know they viewed you because it could potentially trigger a message from a man they already rejected. And you can read profiles even without the invisible mode by simply opening the profile link on a new private window, this is how I always read profiles because I don't want to leave a profile view to some profile I might hate...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2017 8:38:28 AM
Hey, Happy April Fools day! YAY!

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program.

One does not need to be a brain surgeon here.
Forget all the "bells and whistles". / buttons / options. / fluff.

Search, find, type, send................................Wait
Rinse and repeat, ........................until there is a reply, or .....................you win the lottery, or....................insanity sets in, or.................all hell freezes over.

Yes it REALLY is this simple.

Search / Find / Type / Send / Wait
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/1/2017 9:46:08 AM
Young women are like cats on caffeine

You need lots of patience
 Seki1949
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2017 5:32:50 PM
"So why would I send a message again? "

I believe you are right. Recommend that you not send any messages.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/1/2017 6:09:31 PM
I'm right there with you man. But everytime I agree with a male member I get bashed by one of these female members. Then on top of that some will make a new account and view me again, like do you have short term memory lol
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/1/2017 6:10:18 PM
Be careful, you might get bashed for stating the obvious.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/1/2017 6:10:57 PM
Thank you Seki.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/2/2017 5:45:30 AM
k every time you type male member I giggle.
Darn us bashing " female members"
But back on track - Jason Momoa would be an ego boost. woot
Frankly some of the men and their messages are any thing but.
Just because someone doesn't respond to you doesn't mean they are ( insert any neg term you wish)
Means they aren't interested
Can't stand the colour Pink but I don't consider ppl who wear pink to be evil.
Now if they were to buy me something pink...
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2017 7:10:31 AM

.................I don't consider ppl who wear pink to be evil.

LMAO Looks CAN be deceiving!

Just because someone doesn't respond to you doesn't mean they are ( insert any neg term you wish)
Means they aren't interested

True indeed!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/2/2017 12:44:30 PM

DOES TO !
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/2/2017 2:27:16 PM
Why do people keep assuming this is about people not responding to messages. Like a male member said, why don't these females go on stealth mode if they know they're not interested to avoid a potential messages from the guy?
 sun___flower
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2017 2:45:38 PM
^^^ You seem to see viewing a profile as Very Significant. Not everyone does.
 Nestaron
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/2/2017 3:01:45 PM
I think it's more they like what they see but you are offering nothing okay maybe a little comic relief which I found rather amusing. You seem like a pretty simple guy but they dont want to take time to message due to rejection factor and their idea is that you wont date them.

You seem like a easy going guy works hard, plays hard, takes care of himself and wants women to get to know him for who he is without having to reveal it to world. They are not inclined to inquire about getting to know someone who dont give more than just humor about himself.

Women have this thing of tell me all about yourself on a profile, so they can read it all. Then whole conversation on the dates can be about them. Okay I dont know what their thinking but it sounds good in theory, or they just bored and curious.

I would be inclined to believe the women here on forums, if they tell you give more information about who you are, they are women after all. I might throw a tease at them now, and then but no one knows a woman's thought like another woman. Just saying
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/2/2017 3:59:38 PM
This is spot on. Thanks, I agreed with alot of what you said. I enjoyed your feedback.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/2/2017 4:01:49 PM
So like I mentioned a while before they are probably bored looking for attention.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?