Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flyover_boy
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Drinking Game ?Page 6 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Hey Ricky...

A couple of observations. Your primary question about views, you can have them turned off so people don’t know you viewed them. So, you might have had far more views than you think or even know about. Second, do women come here for the ego boost...in some ways, yes. It’s a far different ballgame than, say eHarmony where...gasp...someone can be ‘closed’. Yikes, and yet they have a higher female/male ratio than here.

Here’s what I see from your profile. Your pictures are great, you look great ! I’m sure in real life, you go to bars or other social settings and get looks from women and can strike up good conversations with them. But, you’re here. This opens up a couple of concepts. Some women might think you’re the type that charm women but never stay around. Or, you’re physically appealing so you don’t have to ‘work at it.’ Your profile pictures are fine, I’m not a fan of cartoon and concept pictures (the cat) and such, because the pictures are for me to see what YOU look like. In your case, we know what the merchandise looks like. But, some use it as a lazy device without showing much of themselves. Also, you list two cities in where you are. Where are you living and where is going to be home...for the foreseeable future ? Sure, careers and life take us different places, my career has caused me to move around the country a dozen times in my adult life, but women don’t like it. SoCal ladies don’t want to leave and wonder if you might head to Texas at any moment. Texas gals don’t wanna leave their Family and roots to go out to California. Career ambitions and life might easily introduce yet a third destination point. Yet, most of these women would want you to advance in your career and better your lot (which would be their lot if you two got real serious), just as long as they’re not inconvenienced. Hypocritical, but very real.

Your profile reads with nice humor. But, I don’t find humor in text as satisfying as the delivery. But, that’s a personal taste. You probably work it well in real life, so save some of that for the coffee date. Which leads me to this concept. Are you asking, what so many do, to the effect, ‘It’s not like this for me in real life, why is this so hard online ?’ In some ways, online is more honest, but cryptic. In real life, when you really think about it, you engage in many social events and interact with people that you don’t like, or that interested in or wish to further engage, but you are trapped by circumstance. Sure, you can excuse yourself from the immediate setting, but it’s not always possible and an alternative isn’t always readily available. On line is easy, don’t like, block/delete...simple. Or, less harshly, don’t respond to a request of attention.

Not that I think you are saying this, but so many women have this attitude...put up the pictures, write a profile with a laundry list of demands/requirements and...ok fellas, come and get me, if I’m interested, I’ll email back. With men seen as the pursuers, it’s a lot tougher for men to play that and you get better results being more PROactive rather than REactive. On pay sites, my view is, I’m paying for this I’ll use everything available. Some find it demeaning. And, as mentioned, oddly decoupling from their observations in real life. But, this is different than being trapped in a room at a social setting. If we could be more honest, far more of us would walk away from more engagements rather than stand around with a cold drink in our hand and ask, ‘So...what gym do you go to ?’
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 127
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:20:50 AM
Without doubt some are on here for an ego boost? Could a woman get 100 guys hitting on her in the space of an hour in a public place? Of course not, but she can on a dating site....attention = ego boost
 spot4username
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 6:12:50 AM
^^^^^^^ pfffffffffffft When I go to the men's prison or the local bases I get at least that many men hitting on me!!!!! lololololol
But seriously didn't you read what those absolutely irresistible women were saying in that one thread? Apparently they can't go anywhere without men throwing themselves at them. The grocery store, gas station, restaurant, bar (gasp) were all positively miserable places due to the men who would just not take no for an answer. Bless their hearts.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 129
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:48:22 PM
Interesting concept, I just don't like the theme of some of the women on here. I still believe they're looking for an ego boost. Over the past few months I've just excepted the stays quo, it's not the end of the world.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 130
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:49:44 PM
Okay I think? Lol
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 131
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:51:58 PM
I've just excepted the status quo. This is what it has come down to. I notice this more and more.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 132
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Drinking Game ?
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:52:48 PM
This is a really good concept. Thanks for your input.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 133
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Drinking Game ?
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:55:33 PM
Wow, that's a really good point !

I won't mention which post I'm referring to , why should I ?
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 134
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:56:10 PM

just don't like the theme of some of the women on here. I still believe they're looking for an ego boost.
Do you get the same one's in your area, keep on changing the photos around and trying to trick men? I do and some have been on here for many years lol...how about the one's that say...been on here before 3rd time lucky? lol
Or the one's with bikini pic and the headline...no players...lol
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 135
Posted: 6/23/2017 11:09:28 PM
Yes, yes ,and YES. It's annoying. Its like there is a website called Instagram or Snapchat for women like them.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 4:05:55 AM
Don't agree withe The Forum Misogynist, Ricky; he's just angry that women don't find him attractive. Who can blame them?

The facts of the matter are that:

women who update their images on a regular basis aren't 'tricking' men; they're just marketing their profile and keeping it fresh.

it doesn't matter that they've been on the site before; that just means that they need to work on their picker a bit more.

why shouldn't women in bikinis tell players to back off? Wearing a bikini is not saying that a woman is open to all and sundry.

No-one on the dating site is there to fulfill anyone else's expectations. Just because your profile is viewed, there should be no expectation that a message is forthcoming. Just because you send a message, there should be no expectation that a reply is forthcoming.

Instead of blaming women, improve the bait. (that includes the attitude.)

+ 1.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 137
Posted: 6/26/2017 5:42:17 AM
Here he is again...OMG I think the guy must have a crush on me....Tiger I don't date men and you will have to stalk another guy if that's the way you are....You love to label people...and it's the same every single time...your pathetic tiger...A troll of the worst kind and you really do need help with your hate issues...your not getting to me, so your wasting your time:))))
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 5:56:52 AM
Nice try, but I have a girlfriend. I can see why you don't.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 139
Posted: 6/26/2017 6:01:27 AM

Nice try, but I have a girlfriend. I can see why you don't.

No Your dating a transvestite and you love to bend over and be his ****...lmao

Carry on with the subject if you want folks and ignore tiger he has a lot of hate for me
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 6:43:02 AM
Haha! Keep going, troll. You already have your own hate club here and for good reason, what with you being a 50s throwback and all.
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 141
Posted: 6/26/2017 7:33:49 AM
Ok sure, whatever you say thanks for your irrelevant call. Next caller, you are on the air. Lol
 rickycalifornia
Msg: 142
Posted: 6/26/2017 7:36:29 AM
That tiger guy has been stalking you? I guess one attention wh*re has been identified smh.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/26/2017 7:53:10 AM

That tiger guy has been stalking you?
Yes since I joined this site and it's been going on for many months...It's clear he is gay really and is obsessed by me...He knows I'm not interested, so he keeps on stalking me and trying to get my attention, by saying crap about me...I feel sorry for him really...he's just a very sad old man, with boss eyes and a lot of mental problems...I will try to humour him next time and see if that works or just ignore the lunatic? TBH and I don't like admitting this, but, I had to change all the settings on my profile, because he kept sending me dirty messages and photos:((
Again tiger I'm not interested...I only date women...hope you find the right man for you!!!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 8:34:37 AM
Pay no attention to him, Ricky. If you look through his posting history, you'll see that LBG/Leon has exposed himself as a raving misogynist, who has has arguments with many, many posters under this username as well as Leon714. He gets his kicks making snarky, untrue comments about other people when he can't back up what he's saying. I don't have 'boss eyes' and I actually work in the mental health sector, which is why he's running scared, in case I report him to the authorities for coming out with such downright lies as this tripe:

TBH and I don't like admitting this, but, I had to change all the settings on my profile, because he kept sending me dirty messages and photos:((

He should be so lucky to get messages or photos from anyone with his attitude.
 forever_live_and_die
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/26/2017 8:41:55 AM
"Taht tiger is out to get you?"

Yes since I joined this site and it's been going on for many months..

Paranoia is a central symptom of psychosis.[1] It is characterized by an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them, and believe that certain individuals, or people in general, are out to get them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_social_cognition

Once again I'll mention that the NHS's mental health services are free
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/26/2017 8:45:42 AM

actually work in the mental health sector
Do you now? Well you should be ashamed of yourself for stalking me and talking crap about me all the time...I have never once followed you on any thread...your the one being the stalker and making accusations about me all the time...your the troll....Easy way to resolve this is for you to stop stalking me and stop talking crap about me...can you do that? or will you continue on writing hateful crap about me? You have masses of posting history going back months and so many hateful attacks on me...I have tried to ignore you numerous times, but you just don't give up...you have clear vendetta against me and it's about time you gave up your hate of me and kept away from me...I don't make snarky untrue comments about people and post facts mostly or offer advice...I don't see you doing much of that and you should be if you work for the mental health sector..instead of attacking me all the time....why don't you put your energies into helping people and being kind to people???
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 10:10:18 AM
I attack your negative attitude towards women, as many others do. You're an ill-educated fool who blames women for his own inadequacies.

And:

I don't make snarky untrue comments about people and post facts mostly or offer advice...

is a bald-faced lie. You do it all the time. Your 'facts' are opinions and rants garnered from anti-feminist websites. You never offer advice.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 148
Posted: 6/26/2017 10:39:18 AM
Have it your way tiger...I will just ignore you from now on...Have fun talking crap about me and have fun disrupting all the threads and putting people off posting...Radical feminists being exposed is not sexist...I never say all women, but some are man haters...I put the facts up enough time's and not my fault if no one bothers to read them...

MGTOW is a site for men to go on if they are single and if they want to, Stefan Molyneux is a well respected podcaster, married with kids and philosopher who deals in facts...some of the other links are about fake rape culture...others are just music videos...I never tell people to do anything...I'm not like you trying to dictate what others do....I say what I think and post facts...take it or leave...you don't like the things I post, then don't read them...don't think about them...concentrate on the way you conduct yourself and prove you are a decent human being, by helping others like you claim to be doing in your profession, instead of worrying about me all the time...prove to people you can do some good, instead of bad...give some advice and help others
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 10:48:38 AM
^ Paranoia. LBG could get help for it but he won't.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 150
Posted: 7/3/2017 7:01:26 AM

Once again I'll mention that the NHS's mental health services are free

Nice to see you have two fake profiles, for your cyber stalking and cyber bullying shadow LMAO

forever_live_and_die and imanorangetiger are clearly the same person…you messed up big time shadow LMAO

I'm not like you and I only need one profile to use on here:)))

Msg: 158

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying

Your inability to see what you have been doing say's it all...Educate yourself on you're behaver and understand how bad you look to others...read and learn...I don't give two fucks about you TBH, but others might? A mental health worker being a cyber stalker and cyber bully? HMM don't look good does it...you really need to take some time off and get a bit of help, if you have these problems...talk to a professional, because you don't bother me at all TBH and I'm used to getting opposing opinions, but you get yourself all wound up by what I say...Why do you come on here if you don't enjoy posting? Make's no sense to me...Just so you know I have dealt with far worse trolls than you and you don't compare, so it's counter productive sniping me all the time
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?