Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?Page 7 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
^ I'm sure the aforementioned poster will agree with me that you're a paranoid misogynist with some very skewed thought patterns, Laidbackguy1964/Leon714, as do many others already. Just because people disagree with your madcap opinions, it doesn't mean they originate from one person.

I suggest that you seek out a therapist soon, because you're seriously in need of one.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 152
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 7/3/2017 8:42:57 AM

I suggest that you seek out a therapist soon, because you're seriously in need of one.
Cyberstalker you do need help and we all know it, because clearly you have major, major mental problems and you'll end up in a padded cell

The thing that worries me most, is if you cyberstalk a kid on facebook and cyberbully them into doing something really bad....get a grip on yourself, before you upset the wrong person...it may mean nothing to you, but may mean a lot to hurt and vulnerable kid...I really do hope you don't venture outside this site or stalk anyone else...I can take your repetitive BS and ignorant statements, but others might not cope with it and take it to heart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny

Read and learn, read and learn the meaning:)))
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 8:46:20 AM
^ Your mummy will be along soon to turn the family PC off soon. Time for your eggy soldiers and warm milk.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2017 4:29:42 PM
Yes, he's coming out with his incoherent wibblings again. I notice that he's edited his previous reply because it obviously wasn't as salacious as he intended the first time around. He's clearly disturbed.

You're right about the 1950s. There were many good things that came from that decade. Fortunately, attitudes seen in LBG were on the wain during those years too.By the 1960s, few dinosaurs were still around.
 IBup4it
Msg: 155
Posted: 7/5/2017 5:03:22 PM
I find guys have to sift through all the ego seekers, time wasters, fake profiles, catfishes, not sure what to call P2P ladies or whatever never gotten one but heard they exist. Get through them to find emotionally damaged, or that and find some other desirable it's like a never ending battle. Find 1 that you might connect with only to find out some other thing is going, on like one lady just wanted revenge sex on her husband. No kidding she came right out and said that I had no clue what to say so I got out of that situation right quick.

We know women want to feel desired wanted and appreciated and a lot of women are actually leary of online dating to begin with. Followed by the way some men act like totally inappropriate, or vulgar makes them less likely to engage as they expect every other guy to do it too. Best to use this place as an alternative and not think much about it other than that.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 156
Posted: 7/5/2017 5:38:31 PM
er, why do you think loser type men messaging a woman is an ego boost? Quite the opposite.
A tiny hunting fishing man who cannot figure out spell check or manners
: sample message = I like you.. :
Is not an ego boost. Toss in the messy background, the jelly belly, the dirty ball cap
yea
Ego boost. NOT
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 7:15:59 AM
Lol^^^bit mean but kinda sums it up :)
Anyone getting an ego boost (esp online) is just falling for an illusion.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 11:25:11 AM

er, why do you think loser type men messaging a woman is an ego boost?

The majority of those here for the ego boost are not concerned with quality, but rather quantity.

It's all about the numbers.

Just like having the most Twit(ter) followers.

Or Facepalm "friends".

Or like the old license plate frame: "He who dies with the most toys wins".
 Ouija2025
Msg: 159
Posted: 7/6/2017 11:36:59 AM
Are you a woman fullmoonguy?
You know this because of how exactly?
And no, wasn't being mean at all.... just because you can put up a profile on a free dating site doesn't mean anyone has to reply to you. As for ego boost, hardly.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 12:17:31 PM
I'm not sure why, but from my viewpoint it seems like women on here don't really take into consideration that when a guy messages them and actually shows that they have read the profile, and are trying to start a conversation and show they aren't looking at the woman as just a object that the woman's lack of a reply is somewhat insulting. The lack of replies to messages on BOTH sides is frustrating, but I think that it's more frustrating that POF has not seen this and tried to fix the issue to help everyone. Something as simple as a "not interested" button for a reply could make communicating here easier for both sexes.
 spot4username
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 12:29:25 PM

Something as simple as a "not interested" button for a reply could make communicating here easier for both sexes.

No reply does mean not interested. I have no sympathy for someone who is too dense to realize that.

I have sent many first contact messages to men. I never sat around thinking - gosh, I haven't heard from outofmyleague123, I wonder if that means he wasn't interested. Of course he wasn't interested. I may be short, chubby, and old but I'm not flat out stupid. If he wanted in on this he would have responded.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 12:34:07 PM
I wouldn't even use the 'not interested' button
EFFORT!

Kidding aside.....that's just vulgar.....like spot says, no reply says it better

---goal---
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 1:17:00 PM
It would show you at LEAST read what the person sending the message wrote....the fact that people think it's OK to ignore someone shows just how bad things have gotten ( and it's not just women who don't reply as men do it too). If someone asked you out in person, would you ignore them ??? NO, you would politely decline if your not interested, and move on, and I think the same courtesy needs to be considered here.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 164
Posted: 7/6/2017 1:24:39 PM
A not interested button certainly wouldn't be conversation.
They don't reply because they are not interested.. easy I don't get why some cannot grasp that concept.
But here is a giant hint Joey... you are 47, you are hoping to date a 32 year old, but only 3 years older than you. So women close to your age just click next.
 spot4username
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 1:30:40 PM
^^^
Come on now... he is an overweight smoker whose longest relationship was under one year. The world is his oyster!!!!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 166
Posted: 7/6/2017 2:18:59 PM
well swoon I best compost my reply to this man, with one shirtless picture

sensualsensual: Love kissing

Or maybe Joey wants to :)
Darn, typed too soon, clearly he knows what he is talking about LOL. Ah the heat
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 3:42:48 PM
And how shallow do you look by making that statement ??? Perfect example of people being narrow minded. Smoking is a issue only if your a non- smoker usually, and the overweight part.....that there shows that because I am overweight that people relate that as "undateable".....as for the 1 year......I worked for over 15 years in the carnival industry, so I traveled a lot......not the best place to work if you intend to have a relationship. Right there in your statement you made 3 "assumptions".....without even giving a person a chance to explain or giving them a chance. Perfect example of the "mindset" that I am trying to avoid. ( To spot4ausername)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 3:44:11 PM
And on the fact of my liking younger women ??? Ummm....that's a preference.....there are many women that prefer younger men. It's a choice, and I am quite free to be able to choose who I find interesting. ( to ouija)
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 3:47:35 PM
1 message ok.....10 even ok......but when you send 100 and get nothing at some point you have to wonder. If I am not allowed to question things, how am I supposed to learn ?? (to mssalexx)
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 4:09:55 PM
Lol Joey, I can understand your frustration but seriously, your message to spot is why women don't reply.
'Not interested' becomes not enough so guys want women to elaborate on that, then when they get a reply they don't like they get arsey
Now you see why no reply is better? :)
 spot4username
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 4:16:50 PM

Smoking is a issue only if your a non- smoker usually, and the overweight part.....that there shows that because I am overweight that people relate that as "undateable".....as for the 1 year......I worked for over 15 years in the carnival industry, so I traveled a lot......not the best place to work if you intend to have a relationship. Right there in your statement you made 3 "assumptions".....without even giving a person a chance to explain or giving them a chance. Perfect example of the "mindset" that I am trying to avoid. ( To spot4ausername)

"assumptions"
You are using that word but I don't think you know what it means.

You have been given a number of reasons from different women why you probably don't receive responses. Do with that what you will.
You have been told that no response is a response. Choose to believe that or not.
If you are able to find 100+ women that you are genuinely interested in I have to question your sincerity.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 5:14:16 PM
To Mssalexx....I at one time had a much more detailed profile as to who I was, and got no replies. I have always answered a message when I received one, as to me it's just courtesy to let the person know you got their message and you acknowledge that they took time to read your profile and reply, even if it's a simple thank you but I don't think there's a connection or not interested. The pictures....well...see....that's me. If you're stating there's a problem with the pics that that says a lot. I have watched all the "tips" videos on here to better messages and better profiles, and used them, and I still have no replies. However, you pointed things out and talked in a educated manner, and I can respect that and appreciate the opinions. As to the lady who says I was given options......umm....this is the 1st time anyone made any specific points as to things on my profile and not making comments like "overweight smoker "...you're assuming you know how I am from just a few pictures or comments is quite shallow. Perhaps I come off "rough"......sorry, I'm a "carnie"....we don't "sugar coat" our stuff, but we can be some of the greatest people you will ever get to know, but most don't. I am the type of person who is blunt, but, if you talk to me with respect and intelligence, you will get the same right back. If you talk to me assuming I am a "typical POF" guy, I'm going to call you out on your shallowness, and that's what you show.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 5:20:37 PM
And to Roxy.....I'm a guy who would rather have someone be blunt as heck BUT answer than not.....not answering means to me that do not respect that I took time to read your profile and reply to you in a respectful manner. I'd rather have a " you're too ( ugly, fat, old, fillin the blank with whatever you want for your answer) message then being ignored. That's just me.....I do get that some guys just don't do rejection well, but for me, I'll taking being rejected over being ignored EVERY TIME because at least it shows you have respect towards the person to at least acknowledge them, even if it is negative.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 174
Posted: 7/6/2017 5:27:17 PM
You are 47 ffs
Think women 32 want to date you? Comeone guy.. maybe in a perfect world ( of your creation) but
You clearly do not want someone as blunt as heck
you want us to parrot your Mom. " Great guy going to make some woman 16 years younger so happy"
oh look, a windmill
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 5:29:54 PM
And why wouldn't they Ouija ??? Why does age have to have anything to do with dating to begin with ??? If 2 people are consenting ADULTS they should be able to go out with whoever they want. If I was chasing around 18-24 year olds that's one thing, but someone in their 30's is a problem ?? Again....another example of shallow minded thinking !! Plus......I'm here for DATING......doesn't say anywhere that I am looking for a RELATIONSHIP.....they are 2 different things !! If a person thinks that I am wanting to be taken to someone's house and shown off.....you're dead wrong. I'm here to find someone to go out with and have fun, and not be shown off like your example says.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?