Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?Page 8 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum94.aspx
^^^^
This is the forum you seek.
You will read pretty much the same things we have been telling you.
Maybe it will sink in.
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 177
Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?
Posted: 7/6/2017 5:53:15 PM
JoeyT2870:

Please see messages 12 and 17 in the following thread:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16588673.aspx

Saves me from retyping.
 forumslady
Msg: 178
Posted: 7/6/2017 6:26:00 PM
JoeyT2870- There was a thread going for a while about whether or not people should reply to a message.
At first, I said it seemed polite, but getting my azz handed to me over saying that gave me pause, so I thought about it.
Plus, that was a while ago and I'm not the same, now.
The truth: No one owes you anything, online or in life, in general.
Ok, maybe you want a reply, but does your need to get one trump their need to not send one?
No, it doesn't.
Plus, seeing you get pissy about being called out over going after younger women isn't exactly helping your case.
Sure, you can go for younger women. I often say I'm a live and let live type person, because I am.
I have found it's more likely to have things in common with people close to my own age and there is also the maturity factor.
Honestly, I don't think you got called out about the age difference because they really thought you shouldn't date younger women, I think it was about putting it in your face how you come across.
You are saying people SHOULD do this and SHOULD do that, which speaks of entitlement and then you turn around and say YOU should be able to date whomever you want.
You sound like a hypocrite, it seems to me that is why you are irritating people here.
If you can choose to do what YOU want, then why are you so obsessed over others doing what they want to do, in the form of not responding to you?
You want to your cake and eat it too and that is why you are being called on the carpet.
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 6:46:18 PM
Forumslady.......I was brought up that if someone talks to you, you show them respect and listen, and if for some reason you do not want to listen, you state so politely, but you acknowledge the other person. As I have stated, I am not a typical 47 year old in ANY way. Perhaps my 15 years in the carnival business has a lot to do with that, but....I find women my age to be , well, being honest, boring. I have lived a life of work hard, play hard, and still do. And that is why I am drawn more to women younger. For me a date is going out to karaoke or dancing and having fun. Most of the profiles I read from women my age talk of settling down and enjoying things. I have no intentions of settling down. My parents were divorced when I was young, and I have seen numerous people in my life go thru breakups and divorces, and seen how it has affected them negatively, and I'm not going to be like that. I already suffer from depression, and that struggle alone can be crippling some days, but....I force myself to get up and get thru the day, and things get better. But, when it comes to relationships, I don't want any commitment. I want FUN. And I'm not going to change how I look at dating. If a person doesn't want to date me for that, that's fine....completely understandable. If you don't like my pictures or think I'm too much, that's fine too. But have the respect to tell me and not ignore me. Ignoring people to me is the biggest insult you can give a person.
 spot4username
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 7:22:30 PM

Ignoring people to me is the biggest insult you can give a person.

Are you related to Alex Forest?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLnNqY6Yyk
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 181
Posted: 7/6/2017 7:26:01 PM
Get a mortgage. You never indicated if you rent or not?

Get a fast car. What do you drive?

In other words...be happy and self sufficient alone.

It's interesting how much attention you get when you're not pursuing someone...
 Chromis1
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 7:53:11 PM

But have the respect to tell me and not ignore me. Ignoring people to me is the biggest insult you can give a person.

Putting aside profile issues, lifestyle issues, what you want from this site - your entire bundle of expectations - be assured of this: Your expectation that messages will be answered by those who aren't interested is an expectation that will never be met. It doesn't matter what you think is proper decorum; on this dating site and on all other dating sites, in the vast majority of instances, a recipient of a message will not respond if he or she has no interest in the sender. You can't change this and ranting about what you perceive as an insult, justified or not, doesn't do anything to get you closer to a date.

You have two choices:
1) Accept that messages will go unanswered and adjust your thinking to avoid frustration and, most likely, capitulation. Frankly, I'm surprised that nearly five years later you're still plugging away at this.
2) Quit online dating now and stick with pre-internet avenues of meeting women.
 Chromis1
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 7:55:23 PM

Get a mortgage.

Huh? The better route is to pay off a mortgage.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/6/2017 7:56:19 PM
The attorney speaks....
 cooldog65
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 8:04:30 PM

you are 47, you are hoping to date a 32 year old, but only 3 years older than you.

A man can dream...can't he?
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 8:16:57 PM
Ummm....again....another assumption.....you said after 5 years you're surprized I'm still here.....if I'm looking to just date why WOULDN'T I still be here ??? If I am not looking for committments than I think it's perfectly fine for a person to be here for as long as he or she wants. I have noticed a lot of people thinking my behavior is "not in context" of what a Normal 47 year old.....However....I nowhere on my profile state I want committment.....apparently people thing dating is some sort of a committment, and it's not
 Chromis1
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 8:37:28 PM
Who cares about how you nit-pick away at assumptions? The basic premise doesn't change - you think an essential tenet of decency warrants responses to your messages. I, and others, are telling you that it ain't happening here. Ranting about it won't get you a response to your messages. Adapt, change, or carry on as usual.
 forumslady
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/6/2017 10:00:29 PM
JoeyT2870- Date who you want, fine, have at it. I told you why people were irked with you and you aren't getting it.
Are you always this stubborn?
I've admitted that I can be stubborn, but you make me seem like a beginner.
Besides, I've worked on making my stubbornness a good thing in the form of turning it into tenaciousness, to go after my goals.

Honestly, your experience as a carnival worker sounds interesting, to me.
You probably got to see a lot of places, meet a lot of people.
Make what you have been through in life work FOR you, not against you.

If you keep arguing with me, I will give up, but I wish you realized that some of us here ARE trying to help you.
I've been through a lot in life.
Being a perpetual victim didn't work out too well, for me.
I got kind of pissed at MYSELF and woke up.
I highly prefer THIS version of me.

PLEASE, understand, Chromis is right, I was right when I told you people owe you nothing, you have GOT to get that notion OUT of your head, or you are doomed.

Stop thinking about anybody who doesn't respond to you, fvck um', ok?!

These are strangers on the internet. Focus on the ones who DO respond.

Think about your carnival days and the story's you have to tell, I bet you have some good ones.

This CAN work out for you, all it will take is an attitude change. Don't tell yourself the story of "I SHOULD get messages back, tell yourself, I'm a good person, I have something to give, this is MY life and I'm going to make the best of it, come hell or high water."
And then DO it!
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2017 11:09:39 PM
Forumslady....I apologize if you think my discussing the manner the way I did was arguing. If you noticed that I addressed you personally, and I thought that my talking to you was of a polite nature, and again I am sorry if you took it as arguementative. In my 47 years I have been in 43 States, 9 Canadian provinces and Puerto Rico. The Carnival taught me how to stand up for myself, as when I joined I was actually somewhat shy and wishy washy. One thing it taught me is if you believe in something, you stand by your beliefs.
 Chromis1
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2017 7:43:19 AM
Forumslady is far more empathetic than I could ever be.

Well said, 'Bama.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/7/2017 9:12:12 AM
Carnie food and dental care are awful
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:02:08 AM
LOL Dental Care ??? There is NO medical Benefits of ANY kind with the Carnival......you get hurt it's 2 choices.....work thru the injury or find another job. And the food issue.....that's why if you're smart you eat away from the show !!!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:07:03 AM
What about them carnie women?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:11:38 AM

Get a fast car.

Like a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari:

"Ferrari states that the car has a top speed exceeding 217 mph (349 km/h), similar to the Enzo's top speed, however, it is capable of reaching 100 km/h (62 mph) in 2.4 seconds, 200 km/h (124 mph) in under seven seconds, and a speed of 300 km/h (186 mph) in 15 seconds.[2] Ferrari also claims that the car has lapped its Fiorano Test Circuit in 1:19.70 which is faster than any other road-legal car Ferrari has ever produced.[32]"- Wikipedia

If someone asked you out in person, would you ignore them ???

It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

The women you message owe you nothing, Nada, zil

Positive energy and positive attitude go a long way,.

The first statement above doesn't strike me as an example of "positive" energy and "positive" attitude.
"Nada" and "zil" are not positive" words. And isn't it "zilch" anyway?
Irony.

What about them carnie women?

Elvis made a movie about a carnival.
"Roustabout"
 forumslady
Msg: 195
Posted: 7/7/2017 2:24:08 PM
chromis1- " Forumslady is far more empathetic than I could ever be.

Well said, 'Bama."

Thank you. :)

Time for me to call it a day, with this OP. You can lead an op to water, you can't make them drink. ;)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2017 3:31:37 PM
I'M baaaaccckkk. LOL Campin' in the dunes with the kiddos. Such fun!

Now to the topic most recent. I'm on board with the, "No reply, IS a response", and will add..............

When using an OLD site, for which a user must pay a fee, when a message is sent, the sender has NO way of knowing if the recipient of the message is a paying customer ................or not.
IF the person on the receiving end is NOT a paying customer THEY can NOT reply. The site hopes the sender will be so enticing to the receiver, that he or she WILL pay the fee to have an account so that they CAN reply, therefore:

No reply: Not interested OR not a paying customer. Has little, to nothing, to do with being polite.
Just because POF can be used for free, does not change the dynamics.

Did I hear there was a horse in here? Lead? Water? ........................is it dead? Can I kick it?
 spot4username
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2017 3:39:47 PM
^^^^^

Horses would make this thread a whole lot more interesting.
 forumslady
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/7/2017 3:49:18 PM
Ladyinred0407- The horses name is Fred, but he ain't dead.
He's sway back and rode one time too many.
He told me to tell you not to kick him, he's too tired to kick you back.
He did mention some weird white dude that wore a mask, with an Indian side kick, I think his name was pronto. or was it Tonto?
Wait, was Tonto the side kick, or the horse?
Horses rock, leave them alone Ms Red, cause,' I said so. :D

Welcome back :)
 Mz_Informed
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/7/2017 3:53:49 PM
Horses are beautiful. From a distance. With a sturdy fence between me and them.

They are friggen huge and can pack a bigger punch than I can.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/8/2017 12:32:14 AM
How dare some of you suggest women look for attention, mass approval, or ego boosts. Tens of millions of women post duckface car selfies every single day on Facebook, and I know for a fact it's for no other reason than artistic expression.

So f*ck you!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Are Women on POF Just Looking For a Ego Boost ?