Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Restaurants for dinner on dates      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 51
he aunt have done that, eitherPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
and as Trump's original choice for Labor Secretary, automating business to replace employees is the best defense at increasing employment, which may increase inflation. Personally, I wouldn't have considered a Hardee's a first date, but I guess I see how dressing up for that correlates to a bad date :)

but seriously, if dressing up leads to bad dates, you should not dressing up and see how that works. Let us know. I think it depends upon the person across the table.
 forumslady
Msg: 52
he aunt have done that, either
Posted: 3/14/2017 3:20:32 PM
gtomustang- "I think it depends upon the person across the table."
I agree.
Short of someone showing up shirtless, or otherwise EXTREMELY under dressed in a like manner (to shirtless).
Unless we get kicked out due to the way they are dressed and have to do the walk of shame (I know what the walk of shame REALLY means, but it would be embarrassing as heck to get kicked out), I'm not going to care.
Being close to 50, my priority's are different than they were long ago.
My top 5 consists of: Common interests/mindset, Intelligence, Loyalty/faithfulness, temperament (kind, funny, laid back) and truthfulness (NO liars need apply).
Superficial things are just NOT important to me.
As time goes on and we ALL eventually loose our looks, the people that pick a mate based on superficial things are in for a rude awakening.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Restaurants for dinner on dates
Posted: 3/14/2017 10:38:51 PM
^^^ Heh, heh...SO true... and don't even HINT that you spend all that saved $$$ on a motorbike, sports gear, video games or some electronic gizmo.
 forumslady
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/15/2017 6:06:21 PM
aintnodeal- Meh, not all women are fussy.
The ONLY way I would have a problem with an SO spending money on their interests is if they spend the money and come up short for rent, groceries, their car payment, etc.
You know the phrase "happy wife, happy life"?
There are a LOT of women who WANT their men to be happy as well. It's rather counterproductive to make a mate miserable.
Not all of us are soul sucking harpies, sometimes we manage to be only mildly irritating, much like MEN. :D ;)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/12/2017 10:20:36 AM
Sharing a bag of Cheetos gives you both an excuse to lick each other's fingers too :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 9:36:59 PM
Why are you asking this weird question? Do you not know what to wear? Sounds like you're picking the place, so wouldn't you know about the place you're choosing? Upscale restaurant, wear upscale clothes. Casual, wear casual clothes, am I missing something here, lol? Upscale expensive, casual can also be expensive. Does it matter what the decor is, are you trying to match your clothes to it, LOL?
 Nestaron
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/14/2017 1:10:01 AM
I am just going to laugh and hope it worked out for you.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/14/2017 11:43:54 AM

"upscale casual" to describe it. What comes to mind?.

A tuxedo T-shirt.
 Nestaron
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/14/2017 12:03:14 PM
Casual fine dining- jacket and slacks
upscale casual- polo shirt and khakis or shirt with color and khakis (think golf attire tiger woods)
fancy dress dining- get clarification on that it could be some whacked outfit or tuxedo it depends on what is going on.
Black tie- is exactly as it sounds tuxedo
Black tie (optional)- black suit with bowtie works
Creative black tie- black suit with red bow tie probably get away with tuxedo, bolo tie, and cowboy boots. Tuxedo, black shirt red bow tie personally
Cocktail- suit and tie
Holiday theme or dress code festive- suit and tie (to season works)
Business formal- suit and tie
Business causal- Khakis and collared shirt(tucked in)
Casual dressy-jeans and sport coat
casual- jeans and sneakers
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:18:04 AM
Mcdonalds lol...Pub food is fine and not too expensive...people can dress up to go to the pub and many do...indian or Chinese restaurants are good too...no reason to spend hundreds on a meal...when you are in a relationship...but when it comes to first dates...meet and greet...somewhere simple like a bar or café...a glass of juice, a coffee and chit chat...it's only a first meet and no need to push the boat out
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/24/2017 11:53:02 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTLSiL2ZZ1s
 sandwater
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/24/2017 12:45:05 PM
I would hope that the person that suggested "upscale casual" would have some idea of what the dress code is. Otherwise, I think a man could probably wear a nice pair of jeans with a sweater or button down shirt. A woman could wear something similar with perhaps a skirt instead of jeans or wear a sundress.
 south_city
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/24/2017 1:08:40 PM

I would hope that the person that suggested "upscale casual" would have some idea of what the dress code is. Otherwise, I think a man could probably wear a nice pair of jeans with a sweater or button down shirt. A woman could wear something similar with perhaps a skirt instead of jeans or wear a sundress.

And if you are still unsure after asking someone or looking at the website, then err of the side of caution. It's probably better to overdress than underdress at these types of venues.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/24/2017 4:31:11 PM
I'd wear a nice denim skirt w/ heels, a black blouse, some nice jewelry (costume most likely) & have my hair fixed & some makeup & a nice purse.

If it were fancier, the denim would be switched out for something nicer, a little more makeup & my better jewelry.

If it were less fancy, casual shoes, same denim skirt, no jewelry & a T shirt.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:07:55 AM

I'd wear a nice denim skirt w/ heels, a black blouse,
Bit plane Jane for me...why not - a short leather mini skirt, lovely waxed legs, sensible shoes and the top is optional...LMAO....BTW do heels really go with a denim skirt? A lovely dress and heels go well together...skirt and trainers or shoes also...trousers, blouse and smart shoes too
Do you need fashion tips? I can point you in the right direction if you ask??? LMAO....And what about the matching handbag???;)
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 10:48:01 PM
There are some great little local restaurants around town but I wouldn't say it's a good idea for a meet. I did have a guy ask me to dinner once (don't cringe misers, I offered to split the bill and he looked at me like I was an alien and said absolutely not!) It was a locally owned restaurant close to where I live and he really wanted to try it, so we did. We had a great meal and very pleasant conversation but there was no spark, no chemistry (yes we both felt that way)
As far as what to wear, anything goes these days and you don't see people "dressed up" for anything anymore. For me, there is quite a difference in what I would wear to a meet or first date as apposed to what I would wear when I was in a relationship. It really depends on the guy and what stage of dating we were in. When I was in a relationship, going out to an "upscale casual" restaurant was a special occasion in itself. So what I wore underneath was just as important as the dress/outfit I wore ;) In winter, it was a little black dress,
over-the-knee black suede boots (my favs with buttons up the back), stockings of course, hair up with a clip - looking a little... disheveled I had this lipgloss that tastes like spun sugar... I planned on a lot of kissing. In the summer, little white sundress, lace up sandals, undergarments optional since, as I recall, they were often ripped right off my body :) Those were the days.
 gtomustang
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/27/2017 9:11:29 AM
I think the last time I met someone from here, I wore a denim shirt with a big picture of a GTO on it...makes it easier to spot me in a crowd :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Restaurants for dinner on dates