Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Only short people here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aintnodeal
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Only short people here?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Dating sites tend to dredge the bottom of the barrel to only average.

Yup, pretty much the same as bars, dance clubs, strip joints, church socials, roller rinks, meet up events, singles cruises, piano lounges, craft beer pubs, sex clubs, convenient store parking lots, and other places where single people hang-out.

I hear the exact same excuses at every location. So...since you're part of that bottom dredge, you should be in the right place, correct?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/11/2017 10:56:00 AM

I dont think there is a filter to search by height here.

Me, message #3, a few days ago.

Only short people here?
Posted: 3/8/2017 408 PM
OP, Go to 'Advanced Search'
Locate-
Minimum Height (apply the desired height)
Maximum Height (apply desired height)

Add any other specific requirements,

Go Fishing!

Me today, Perhaps I should have added, select the box, from the options at top of this page. Click on, "Search', then choose, "Advanced Search".
There are approx 26 options to choose from. Min height and max height are but 2 of these choices.

As for "short people", Yep, short fused, short minded, just plain short, short shorts.
Not, what ya want? Weed em' out, no big deal. Easy peasy.
 forumslady
Msg: 53
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:11:24 AM
ouiha2025- "And forums lady it was nothing about you at all
Sheesh"

Apologies, something going on in my private life had me feeling snarky.
Chill pill taken. ;)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 54
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/11/2017 11:35:00 AM
^^ no worries, everyone has off days :)
thinking about it, maybe the bottom of the barrel is pretty good, like the dill pickles would be more pickled
top of the barrel might just be the light weigh floaters!
Off to continue the battle of pup paws vs floors
Paws are winning.. paws down hehe
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/11/2017 2:32:46 PM
What is it with the height thing? If a girl is hot then what does it matter if she is 5'4" of whatever. You are taller than average, granted and I agree that the shorter girl should leave the taller guy to the taller woman but most women of whatever height prefer a tall man.... If you are getting women messaging you first, that is unusual I would say....
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/11/2017 2:35:27 PM
Hemingway is right.

Attractive desirable people are out there having a good time in real life. I get if you are in a remote area that pickings would be leaner but to be on a dating site and being so picky about height, well, you wont get far.

Your pictures are not good and we like to see a full length clear shot of you.

If you are wanting an occasional friends with benefits thing and to meet up when you can squeeze them into your busy schedule you are again not going to have a great deal to choose from Perhaps married women looking for an occasional tryst...
 chad196565
Msg: 57
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/12/2017 5:45:33 AM
letitialegrande
Clearly plenty of woman find me attractive if I go by the emails I get daily.
I do live in a remote area.

Not once did I imply I was looking for friends with benefits. That is not what I am looking for at all and for you to assume so without knowing me tells me a lot about the type of person you are, but I am a gentlemen so I will keep my thoughts to myself.

Some of you people here are well.. SMH
I guess I better understand why your in the forums belittling people instead of going to dinner with someone.

I prefer taller woman, maybe you prefer shorter people. That's your right to do so (if that's the case) as it's my right to prefer taller woman. That sure does not give you or anyone else the right to belittle me or anyone because I or someone has preferences. I suppose because I prefer woman who have brown hair over woman with red or black hair that makes me a prick to for having preferences.

Who the hell told you, you were God?
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 58
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:16:21 AM
just list it in your profile that you would prefer someone taller than say 5ft 5

what is the big deal anyhow?

I have seen people list their preferences all over the place

do what you want

try to remember public forums are notorious for purposely taking what you say in the wrong way and then running with it

or making fun of the OP or trying to get a 'rise' out of ya

or posting endless responses that take the thread off track ( de-railing)
 south_city
Msg: 59
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/12/2017 10:00:29 AM
The OP is entitled to have his requirements. However the point that myself ( and others ) made is he will have a very small dating pool. People with these types of strict requirements need to accept that. Most women aren't at least 5' 8" and have horses.
 beercookies
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 2:41:41 AM
Only 5-10 percent of women in the US are over 5 feet 7. Who knows in your area. You might have to move. Boston is full of extremely tall people, tallest I have ever seen in a city. Then, there's Germany.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 6:26:38 AM

Dating sites tend to dredge the bottom of the barrel to only average.

What universe are you living in? New websites are popping up all the time and why do you think that is? Probably because they work and not just for the bottom of the barrel. It is a get it now world with the internet being the main highway...facebook, twitter, snapchat, instagram and it goes on and on. Such an insulting and stupid comment to be made on the forums of a dating site...Not sure if you were trolling or you are just an idiot. In looking back at some of your previous posts I am betting on the latter.
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 62
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 6:43:55 AM
I believe Chad and PBR are two separate people...and that they should date each other...they'd make a lovely couple.

They're both searching for speckled unicorns.

But...yeah...they have dating sites just for taller people.

http://www.tallsingle.com/

https://www.tallfriends.com/

https://www.datetallpeople.com/local/meet-tall-men

http://www.tallersingles.com/

Aaaaaand now y'all just have to find the rancher/cow folk/horse owners.
 Maleman999
Msg: 63
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 8:51:32 AM
"But...yeah...they have dating sites just for taller people."

How specialized are dating sites getting? Are there going to be dating sites just for people who are a specific height, weight, BMI, eye color and blood type?
 beginthebeguine
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 8:57:04 AM
If anyone prefers anyone who is taller isn't it up to that person to pursue what they crave?
 IMayBeCrazy_But
Msg: 65
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 9:49:09 AM

How specialized are dating sites getting? Are there going to be dating sites just for people who are a specific height, weight, BMI, eye color and blood type?

Oh looky...there ARE dating sites for equestrians!!

Dateacowboy.com

HorseandCountrylovers.com

Equestriandating.com

EquestrianSingles.com

EquestrianCupid.com

There's a site for everyone nowadays
 aintnodeal
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 12:50:11 PM

New websites are popping up all the time and why do you think that is? Probably because they work and not just for the bottom of the barrel.

Websites are created because they bring in MONEY - not because they are efficient at finding mates for the members. Look at any dating site - the #1 feature they shout is HOW MANY MEMBERS they have. They want you to join as a paying member. This is how money is made. Adding features, attracts money-paying members. Features don't have to work, members don't have to be active, it's all about the money.

Once sites like Match and Love@AOL proved they could bring in the NUMBERS, the dam broke and there are sites for any demographic you can think of....and when smart phones got popular, apps spring up like weeds to take money from people with idle hands to swipe left/right and pay for "dreams".

Clubs and bars don't exist to bring people together, they exist to SELL BOOZE. The social stuff is just a lure.
 chad196565
Msg: 67
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/13/2017 7:06:09 PM
IMayBeCrazy_But
"I believe Chad and PBR are two separate people...and that they should date each other...they'd make a lovely couple."
If it were that simple Neither of us would be here.

"They're both searching for speckled unicorns."
Well this site has worked for PBR. She has been spending time with one guy from here for the past month.

All those dating sites for cowboys/girls are one site with different names and dead.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/14/2017 7:48:21 AM

Websites are created because they bring in MONEY - not because they are efficient at finding mates for the members. Look at any dating site - the #1 feature they shout is HOW MANY MEMBERS they have. They want you to join as a paying member.

Of course it is about making money but companies are not going to invest time and resources in a product unless the research they have done shows profit potential. If nobody on the websites are actually meeting anybody eventually the membership will dry up. Word of mouth/internet is still a valuable marketing tool.
 Mrtampa
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 3/22/2017 12:44:30 PM
Most women I meet are about 5' 4" but wear 8 inch platform pumps...

...My love life is thwarted by shoe styles.
 hemingway234
Msg: 70
Only short people here?
Posted: 4/26/2018 1:22:51 PM
So, let me get this straight................ you want a big horse!? What was the question again?!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 71
a big horse may offer a big ride
Posted: 4/26/2018 1:36:20 PM
i'll take a WAG (Wild ass guess) the real draw for a specialized dating (or any other activity) site is for the advertisers. If for example you sell a fresh water fishing lure, you want to spend money to sell it specifically to those who fish in fresh water, not the people fishing in salt water and those who don't fish at all. There's an old saying in advertising about knowing for certain half of one's advertising budget is wasted on ads that don't sell, but not knowing which half of the media chosen are a complete waste of advertising budget.

and from the amount of investment in some dating sites that people complain about here....the profit is made from the ads, or from selling the contact info, not from the membership costs (if there are any). in the age of Facebook following you around the 'net, if you can't figure out what someone is selling...they're selling your information. clickbait comes in many shapes and sizes.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 4/27/2018 9:02:35 AM
It makes me laugh when very short women want a 6 footer man.

It would then look either he is with a dwarf or with a child !

I know women want someone to protect them but I have seen 5 foot men drop 6 footers.
 siisaa
Msg: 73
Only short people here?
Posted: 4/27/2018 1:47:46 PM

I have seen 5 foot men drop 6 footers.

And? That doesn't impress most women. A man who is 5 feet tall isn't going to be on any woman's 'to-do' list, regardless of how many bigger & taller men he can fight. There are plenty of taller guys who can fight too.
 hemingway234
Msg: 74
Only short people here?
Posted: 4/28/2018 9:34:31 AM
It be da midget brigade
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Only short people here?
Posted: 4/28/2018 4:03:45 PM

It makes me laugh when very short women want a 6 footer man.

It makes me laugh mainly because it's not rare that that's a short gal's preference, when so many gals will accuse guys being too much into looks (rolling eyes). Yes, Sally -- height of a guy Is about Looks.

And? That doesn't impress most women. A man who is 5 feet tall isn't going to be on any woman's 'to-do' list, regardless of how many bigger & taller men he can fight.

To be fair, many gals will say that as their 'reason' -- for protection. Not that a gal who's 5'5" is going to be jumped by guys because she's out with a guy who's a mere 5'8". What you point out dissolves that common 'reason'.

It's part of natural sexual attraction, at least to some degree -- wider shoulders, taller. Not 'lacking' compared to other men. It's about the Looks, the feeling of it -- not actual karate class ranking.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Only short people here?