Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should genetic testing be private or open?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 26
Should genetic testing be private or open?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Posted By: Maleman999
What would be next? Insurance companies telling people who don't have "proper" genes that they shouldn't be having kids and should be sterilized

the Insurance companies wouldn't care because they can charge the Businesses the highest premiums which in turn would induce the companies not to hire those with certain genes and induce those with those certain genes not to seek sterilization but opt for designer or test tube babies that wouldn't carry those certain genes

Posted By deetristate
I can always clean houses to make money rather than submit to that.

the houses you clean will most likely have "Alt-Right" Insurance that would refuse to cover the claims of those injured on the homeowner's property causing the homeowner not to hire you .....you would instead need your own insurance and be willing to sign a waiver that the homeowner is not responsible for any mishaps that might occur to you on their property

Posted By deetristate
I refuse to just accept that these things are inevitable

isn't it already an inevitably that Insurance companies will deny health coverage for those with pre-existing illnesses? didn't have to worry about that under Obamacare...it covered everyone

Posted By: tomfiend
Whether an employer can legally demand your DNA makeup before employment is open for debate, but I don't believe a Court would sanction it...

since the government mandates that a company with a certain amount of employees must "under law" also provide them with healthcare is why the court might not have any other options but to allow Genetic testing ...

Posted By: tomfiend
its an invasion of privacy...protected by the Constitution

the Constitution is like the Bible..its interpretation depends on who is reading it...which is why it has amendments added every now and then ....as for invasion of privacy the fact that the government can legally wiretap someone while they sit on the toilet taking a dump is why there is no such thing as invasion of privacy .....

Posted By: gtomustang
"Age of Eugenics" is an interesting reference, the end of the 1920's I think was the first age of eugenics as the science that was going to save society. Criminals have certain skull shapes, and of course it eventually "legitimized" Hitler's hatred of Jews.

can't it be said that Hitler was in actuality waging a Holy War against the Jews ...which is why religion seems to be responsible for most of the problems on this planet and why there would be a quest to find the religious gene and eradicate it from the Human populace ..no more Jews no more Christians no more Muslims no more Scientologists no more Illuminati

but I would miss the Christian Women because they're commanded to Love you ...it makes for a great first date

Posted By: Jo van
I know, I know.
You all think I'm a bit "kumbayah". (sp?)
I'm just hoping that one day, science will provide enough information to stop all the rest of you "tribal types", from wanting to keep murdering each other, periodically.
I can dream, can't I

dream about the Human Race comprised only of those with the "kumbayah" also known as "The Altruistic Gene" ...
 LOLTrump
Msg: 27
Should genetic testing be private or open?
Posted: 3/15/2017 3:45:21 PM

can't it be said that Hitler was in actuality waging a Holy War against the Jews ...

It sure can, as right down to the belt buckles they wore, they were christains through and through.

"GOTT MIT UNS"

which is why religion seems to be responsible for most of the problems on this planet and why there would be a quest to find the religious gene and eradicate it from the Human populace ..no more Jews no more Christians no more Muslims no more Scientologists no more Illuminati

...Imagine all the people
 tomfiend
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/15/2017 4:19:30 PM
^^^^^^ religion or not, you are never going to stop tribalism and thus you are never going to stop war...ever.
 gtomustang
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/15/2017 5:00:53 PM
its true, you can't stop "Make America Great Again" and "We've taken care of everyone else, now we're going to take care of us". and whatever Marine Le Pen feeds her followers. Like Pogo said, we've met the enemy.
 funchesf
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/17/2017 11:37:31 AM

Posted By: LOLTrump
It sure can, as right down to the belt buckles they wore, they were christains through and through.

"GOTT MIT UNS"

both the Nazi(s) and the Pope be sporting the Iron Cross as fashion wear

Posted By: LOLTrump
.Imagine all the people

and none of them religious ....but we can still celebrate Christmas and Halloween

Posted By tomfiend
religion or not, you are never going to stop tribalism and thus you are never going to stop war...ever.

well I guess it wouldn't take any Genetic Testing to wonder if you carried the Antisocial Gene

there are concepts that man can conceive but which are to dangerous to practice or believe .....funches 3:16

but anyway since you appear to be an advocate of Israel and have a belief that Tribalism breeds War then you must also believe that if the twelve tribes of Israel were the only inhabitants on the planet that they would War among themselves until at least eleven of the tribes were wiped out
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should genetic testing be private or open?