Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 226
this thread is making me hungryPage 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Dog meat tastes yummy too

The trick is to get all the hair off the meat first.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 227
view profile
History
this thread is making me hungry
Posted: 12/16/2017 8:00:12 PM
^^^^^Doesn't get asked to do oral sex
 mrod3041
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2017 10:18:26 PM
"Mrod, do you think the joke is a guy "saying" he'd ask a girl out to McDs, because that is no joke in this crowd, they'd do it. I've seen some profiles say for first date that it doesn't matter where they go, it's about being together Translation, they don't want to spend the money or they have no imagination. In NYC, there's a McDs with a piano in it and a piano player. That would be fun! Not sure it's still in existence."

Are we generalizing again? What makes you say that, that is - "...some profiles say for first date that it doesnt matter where they go, its about being together...." C'mon chica. You are killing me here. And, what crowd? Of course we take things in context, and here its this board. But, still, we co mingle these experiences with those we have in everyday life. Again, I think Pig put it well: Its a joke. Get a grip.

Plus, you never had fast food growing up?!?! Hmmm...the skepticism abounds. No pizza for you, huh? Nevertheless, who I am to say otherwise? Just off a little methinks cause I have studied/researched Food-away-from-home (FAFH) evolution over the past few decades, and that has grown considerably in this country. Not doubting you, but very skeptical. Sorry. :)

Furthermore, lot of posts about the math behind your statements you are not responding too. Give them a whirl. :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2017 11:01:40 PM
I don't know what you are trying to say. A lot of men say for a first date that they just want to talk to you. It doesn't matter where. It's not an invitation for you to pick a place.

My mom made her own dough and pizza. I make my own pizza too, except I don't make my own dough anymore. The dough is store bought. I make my own pasta. I have a pasta making machine for creating the shapes. I make my own lasagna pasta sheets. I make homemade ravioli, and a couple of weeks ago, I made tortellini, actually tortelloni, which is the larger form of tortellini. Is it really that odd to have not been brought up on any fast food? Because of this, I don't have a taste for it as an adult.

I stand by what I said about logistics need to be applied, and know the numbers can't be 100% correct. Maybe Henry feels threatened to think there are many more larger penises floating out there. Do the math on what a person's chances are of seeing Orcas. Whatever the percentage is, it wouldn't apply if you live in WA state where they're easily seen.
 mrod3041
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 4:20:48 AM
Again, I apologize but I think you are just being inflexible and rigid in the face of good old fashioned humor and legitimate science (not sure what 'logistics' means here, because if it means location, it actually reinforces the arguments presented and no one mentioned/implied 100% accuracy).
 ohenryx
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 7:53:39 AM

NewYorker58
Maybe Henry feels threatened to think there are many more larger penises floating out there.

Thanks for playing, but your answer is incorrect. I’m actually at the 91st percentile, not as good as some of my scores in other areas, but plenty good enough. I only brought this up in relation to a story I was telling about what some young woman posted here in the forums many years ago.

Whatever the percentage is, it wouldn't apply if you live in WA state where they're easily seen.

Okay, you’re going to have to explain this one. I will admit that it’s been a while since I’ve been to Washington state, but I think if the whole state had gone nudist, I would have seen something on the evening news?

mrod3041
no one mentioned/implied 100% accuracy).

Very true. All numbers posted here have been approximations, based on very quick google searches. But even if the results were off by one order of magnitude, the point would still be valid.

Danimal, in msg 231, did a better job of trying to explain the concept to the math challenged.

Kate Moss
Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

I absolutely cannot identify with this. “Skinny” does not cut it for me, never did, never will. Which does not mean I prefer overweight, there is a very happy middle ground.
 mrod3041
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 9:03:55 AM
"Okay, you’re going to have to explain this one. I will admit that it’s been a while since I’ve been to Washington state, but I think if the whole state had gone nudist, I would have seen something on the evening news?"

Oh wait, I thought she was referring to orcas, like the killer whale thingie. She is suggesting statistical bias, if it was orcas we are talking about. Probably not many killer whales in and around nyc.

Was this a metaphor for something else? Then, yes, I must agree with you. I am confused now.

"Danimal, in msg 231, did a better job of trying to explain the concept to the math challenged."

Yep, I agree. I thought he did a great job breaking it down with solid numbers. But, I guess it got lost on some.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 9:30:33 AM
It was an analogy; I did mean Orcas. I saw what Dan wrote. Of course it makes sense that the more dealbreakers and desires there are, the smaller the dating pool. Everyone knows what they desire predominantly, and can then work backwards from there if need be, but there's nothing wrong with having a starting point. If that girl is rigid with her desires, she's may be doing a whole lot of penile inspections. Not that there's anything wrong with that
 mrod3041
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 9:54:31 AM
I doubt that is happening, but ok. :)

Plus, again: What about the "orcas"? You are talking about the state of WA. Ummm...it seems like some folks have "missed that episode", so to speak. C'mon chica.....even WA is a big state too, so good luck with that. (no pun intended).

And, depending on where you are meeting 'em (kinda like criticisms of pof), they may not be the "highlight" of the bunch in a lot of other ways, kinda alluding to Dan's post in terms of what "traits" you are looking for. It can be a slippery slope when you go down the same beaten path thinking different things are gonna happen. And thats cool if there are certain traits people are looking and they realize thats what they want. However, I think folks on here (men and women) get critical when it is exactly those traits that people use to manipulate and otherwise treat others pretty bad, then said person is upset about it, and others are casting the blame on the opposite sex. Nothing is fair in love and war. But science is science.

Sometimes, in this day age, like Cris Carter says: "C'mon man!"

:)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 235
view profile
History
These pretzels are making me thirsty
Posted: 12/17/2017 10:09:09 AM
I'm saying that you can have a national statistic, but then when you break it down by state, those figures change, so it really depends on where a person lives. That's why I mentioned Orcas as an example, because the chance of seeing them nationwide is lower than on the West Coast, so the % with seeing them in Washington would be much higher. I've seen Orcas a few times here. Those that live in certain areas in Washington see them more frequently.

What is treating a guy bad, by saying no to him, LOL? I've seen this phenomenon since I was a teenager. Men wonder why a woman won't date them, because they seem to think that all available women should be open for them to date. It doesn't matter that they are picky, they don't want the women to be or expect them to be.
 mrod3041
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 10:26:18 AM
Ummm, no. Actually, because a place like the East Coast has so many people, things tend to resort more to the mean, and not that opposite. That has been explained. Case in point my reference to what "logistics" meant because, I assumed correctly you meant "location". Furthermore, the East coast is not a homogeneous population of people but instead is a mix of people from not only all over the country, but all over the world. That you see more people does not increase your chances because the probabilities remain the same relatively speaking.

Furthermore, it sounds like we revert back to "orcas", the killer whales. That would be an example of statistical bias and I would NOT cite them as an example of the chance of seeing them nationwide for the reason you mentioned. Again, Dan's post was pretty good. But, his implications also hold too.

And, when you start generalizing across men as oppose to the human being, I start disconnecting. This is not a "man" or "woman" thing, this is a human thing. Clean it up, because if you think its just men doing this, I have a few beauty parlor/salons conversations I can share with you that make male locker room talk sound like Romper Room. People dont want those things. This is not "men or women specific".
 gtomustang
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/17/2017 11:24:00 AM
"Follow that link to read about the Catholic Church prosecuting Galileo for espousing that the earth revolved around the sun. Sounds like we haven’t come that far in the last 4 centuries. Well, except for the part about torture. These days we won’t torture you unless you’re Arabic."

>>>part of me instinctively says, "the root of its longevity, must be human nature. And human nature never changes." but some of it has to do with power. Certain political leaders (and the Church was more of a political leader then, than it is now) know how to manipulate their hoi polloi to keep power...for no other justification than keeping themselves in power.

"Kate Moss loved her blow"

>>true, and cigarettes seem to help keep some of us beyond our high metabolism years, slender as well. Gotta confess, a slender woman has to have a pretty face for me to be interested. I enjoy my curves. Plus, my first gf was as skinny as she was nutz. Cuddling with her was like cuddling with a skeleton. and at that age, her chest wasn't much bigger than mine :(
 NewYorker58
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 5:35:08 PM
What does not being homogeneous have to do with looking at penis size? I think Henry's statistics include all nationalities and races.

Dios mio, I left out the word "some" men, 30 whacks para mi Interesting that you should bring that up as an example for male versus female locker room talk. I mentioned how a lot of women share their sexual exploits, and some of the women here went bezerk, and asked what kind of person I was to share intimate details with my gfs. The conversations are usually informational, entertaining and pretty funny! Do you want to share what you heard?
 mrod3041
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 5:53:29 PM
"What does not being homogeneous have to do with looking at penis size? I think Henry's statistics include all nationalities and races."

Ugh....forget it. No worries chica. Te han dicho cuanta veces ya? :)

No worries. Needless to say, the science holds. I am pretty sure Trojan is projecting inventories based on the science. And, chica, I do not need to share but understand my mom's best friend owned a beauty parlor in the city. Guess where I spent my Saturdays as a kid. Any questions?

:)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 6:34:44 PM
¿Qué puedo decir? Tengo mi propia forma de pensar, jajaja☺

Do you think that talk influenced you in some way?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more than 20 alcoholic beverages before posting on a thread. Since you had 21 drinks during the last 10 posts, you can not post to this thread
 ohenryx
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 8:48:19 AM
Okay, I see now where this conversation took a left turn.

In message 239, NY58 said

Maybe Henry feels threatened to think there are many more larger penises floating out there. Do the math on what a person's chances are of seeing Orcas. Whatever the percentage is, it wouldn't apply if you live in WA state where they're easily seen.

In sentence number one, the subject is “penis size”. Sentence number two is a complete break in subject matter, and is the first reference to “Orcas”. My mind tries to find logical connections between two adjacent sentences in the same paragraph, and made the leap that NY58 was referring to a “large penis” as an “Orca”. When in reality it was a 90 degree left turn, and she was talking about taking an excursion boat out into the ocean hoping to see killer whales.

Okay, my bad. Sometimes these radical 90 degree left turns leave me floundering in the dark.
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 242
Posted: 12/18/2017 9:59:50 AM

I've seen some profiles say for first date that it doesn't matter where they go, it's about being together (puking emoticon)

Yes, you and many other women strangely harbor the same level of disdain for this mindset, yet you wonder why people like me have no interest in entertaining the idea of a relationship.

The more you post, the more convinced I am your ideal match is a robot. Although, it would probably fake being defective in hopes you would send it back.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 11:55:33 AM

“Skinny” does not cut it for me, never did, never will. Which does not mean I prefer overweight, there is a very happy middle ground.

Well, "skinny" here in 'Merica pretty just means slender Much of the time -- as "a few extra pounds" many times results in clearly Obese (but not BBW; although sometimes can). There are truly skinny gals out there, and it's no purely subjective thing to see that as non-ideal -- as curves do matter for the better which they lack... but that doesn't mean thunder-thighs & handfuls of love handle.

I mentioned how a lot of women share their sexual exploits, and some of the women here went bezerk, and asked what kind of person I was to share intimate details with my gfs

But I thought you were "traditional". ;)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 244
Posted: 12/18/2017 12:02:42 PM

But I thought you were "traditional". ;)

She's traditional but progressive, hot but cold, happy but sad, crazy but sane, east but west, black but white, prudish but wild, introverted extrovert, reclusive socialite, and all those other paradoxical self-descriptions women seem to think are so cute and charming today.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2017 12:55:12 PM
Henry, the Orca thing was about statistics, saying for argument's sake 10% of people in the US will see them in the wild. That figure would change if it was applied solely to Washington State where they are more easily seen. Now that scenario correlates to having Nationwide statistics on anything where they would change by state, depending upon where a person lives.

NG, I don't think talking about one's sex life means they're not traditional.

Pig, now you're getting it. People are multidimensional ? I actually am shy in most situations, but crawl out of my shell to socialize sometimes. Many a time I've been told that I'm blushing, because I can be shy. The reason is probably that when you grow up being shy and start to grow out of it, you have moments in life where you still feel shy.

I get that it doesn't matter where 2 people are together........once a relationship is established! That does NOT apply to a 1st date. I don't know if you're pulling my leg with saying you don't realize these guys are lackluster and would be happy to meet in a parking lot of Starbucks, not even go in, just sit in their car and talk and hope you have sex with them. Before you sanction lackluster, think how you'd want any special females you know treated. These guys are the bottom of the barrel. No parking lots, no secluded spots, not in anyone's apartment. This isn't a drug deal.

It's hard to talk about any of this nonsense when a Train derailed in Washington state today and six people are dead, but they still have not gotten into all of the cars that are not accessible. Many people are in critical condition in the hospital, so the fatalities are going to rise. It's never a good time to have someone in your family die, but right before Christmas really sucks.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 246
Utter bullsh!t
Posted: 12/18/2017 2:10:26 PM
Why are you here debating orcas and not helping those survivors so close to you?

How awful you are
 NewYorker58
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Utter bullsh!t
Posted: 12/18/2017 2:21:15 PM
It's not near me, but under education, do you see that I went to medical school? The answer would be no, which means I can't help anyone. I guess I could go to the various hospitals people are at and ask if anyone is getting divorced and tell them they shouldn't try online dating. That would really be helpful!
 mrod3041
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Utter bullsh!t
Posted: 12/18/2017 2:39:55 PM
"It's hard to talk about any of this nonsense when a Train derailed in Washington state today and six people are dead, but they still have not gotten into all of the cars that are not accessible. Many people are in critical condition in the hospital, so the fatalities are going to rise. It's never a good time to have someone in your family die, but right before Christmas really sucks."

Wait...whoa...what?!?!?!

Before I begin, lets understand that I have the utmost sympathy for what happened and feel for these families. It also does suck that its during the holidays.

Now, with all due respect to the above, W-T-F does this have to do with this conversation? Chica, compartmentalize that because nothing here has to do with anything there. C'mon man. Legit points are being brought up on both sides. Don't come with that regional tragedy unless, of course, you are personally (read family or your friend in the derailment, not your dog sitters brother wife uncle who knew somebody) affected. At that point, if you were personally affected, then what are you doing on this board right now anyway?

C'mon man....thats kaka chica and you know it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Utter bullsh!t
Posted: 12/18/2017 3:19:08 PM
I don't know if anyone I know was killed, maimed or otherwise injured. You act like people don't regularly go

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread, so chill out, listen to some music
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 250
Utter bullsh!t
Posted: 12/18/2017 5:10:01 PM

Pig, now you're getting it. People are multidimensional ?

Nah, what I described was neurotic.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave