Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 301
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leavePage 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Golden, get a grip and grow a pair of balls. You attack me, unprovoked, and now you want to cry foul? Check your mother's apron, maybe your balls are in there. What a piss poor example your father must have been for you, so now women are twats with your mom looking like a big C to you. I'll remember your face for when I see it in the news for committing violent crimes against women. I don't think your abuse starts and ends in print here.

Saintclara, I don't know why don't these men don't own up to being latent homosexuals already and be done with it. I do believe there are still some real men out there that still want to be men. Maybe not so much online.
 goldenknight14
Msg: 302
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:45:39 AM
Newyorker. You don't know me . unprovoked my ass. You were the one who said I was "piping" so how was my attack unprovoked. Not all women are twats just your mom with you being the big C. In my initial post I didn't say Shit about you and you know it. This must be all you do all day is cyberbully. Tell me something, are all of these inflammatory comments helping you out with your self esteem? I see that I'm not the only person that you cyberbullied here.
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 303
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 7:11:44 AM
$200 for a dinner date?? 😮 wowzers! Just get a hooker Henry, at least you’re guaranteed sex, and for that much she’d probably even let you stare at her and and have stimulating conversation after...lol

Curious for a woman’s perspective, if some dude spends $200 on a first date with no sign of chemistry yet, does that not raise a red flag of desperation?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 304
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 7:31:22 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ Some years ago, a man contacted me. I concluded early on we would not be compatible. I told him so. He insisted we meet in person. I finally agreed to meet for coffee. He insisted he buy dinner. I disagreed. He insisted.

He asked if I had been to a very nice Italian restaurant in a resort town, approx. 45 min away. I said no, and no thank you. He insisted.
I drove there, I met him, I ordered an average meal and a glass of wine. He ordered the best meal and wine.

When we parted company, I thanked him for the dinner, and informed him I did not wish to see him again. He spouted off about how much dinner had cost him. I reminded him, "THAT was your choice, not mine, good bye."

He contacted me again............per the dating site. I blocked him.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 305
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 9:15:38 AM

Curious for a woman’s perspective, if some dude spends $200 on a first date with no sign of chemistry yet, does that not raise a red flag of desperation?

It depends on the circumstances. (1) If he were the one who chose the restaurant and (2) he wouldn't allow me to contribute to the bill, then yes, I'd think he was either (A) controlling, or (B) trying too hard to impress me--both of which are turn-offs.
 forumzfishonly
Msg: 306
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 9:16:44 AM
Sounds like a nutcase LiR...$200 seems like a rediculous amount to spend on a meal, to me it either shows you are desperate for some company or are terrible with money, both I think is a red flag regardless which sex pays the tab
 ohenryx
Msg: 307
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 10:30:17 AM

forumzfishonly
if some dude spends $200 on a first date with no sign of chemistry yet

If you’re referring to me, and it’s not clear that you are, but IF you are, then I don’t think I have ever done that for a “first date”. Well, come to think of it, I have, a couple of times. But in both cases, I had known the women for years before we ever went on a date.

For me, an initial meeting is more like, “Let’s meet after work at the bar in T.G.I. Fridays for a drink”. Then, if she looks like her pictures, and we seem to get along, then and only then ask her to stick around and have dinner with me. Which definitely doesn’t cost $200 at T.G.I.Fridays or Applebees or Chilis or wherever.

The last $200 dinner I did, was a woman I have known for a good 2 years. I see her occasionally at Meetups, ran into her after a long absence on her part, and we talked a bit. Her house was flooded, she was dealing with that, and a number of other problems, her life was a disaster, and she had a birthday coming up in 3 days.

Now this women is very attractive, highly educated, a great conversationalist, and usually fun to be around. I asked her on the spot to have dinner with me at Lynn’s Steak House for her birthday, just to get out and forget her troubles for one evening. She accepted, we had a great time, they do a special little “birthday plate” that really celebrates the event and she was touched. We closed that place, and then went to a little wine bar and talked for hours.

I haven’t seen her since, and there are no particular plans to do so. We aren’t really compatible, but we can have a nice time together, so it very well may happen again. Or not.

I don’t use expensive dinner dates to try and pry a woman out of her panties. That does not work. For that, you need the “weekend getaway”. Which runs more like $1,000 or so, but you do get the guaranteed return. And I would rather do that then spend the money on a “hooker”. You have the entire weekend together, get to do some fun things, and yes, a LOT of sex.

It’s my life, my money, and if I enjoy it, and the women enjoy it, then where’s the harm? You live your life, I will live mine.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 308
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 12:39:46 PM
First Henry, let me say that merely spending-more-than-it's-worth in isolated incidences, by itself -- no, isn't worthy of criticism if it has no effect on one's budget. Some people will, (eyes roll). Hey, a friend & his GF want to have dinner at Chez Wee-Wee, that's visually really nice, but way over priced, feeding off of spiriting fingers & "atmosphere"? No criticism there. Now, if they go there 3x a week -- hey buddy, lol, you're over-cooking the soup. When would I say it to him? When it's a gear they're in, and I know he Will have a better time shifting gears, and it's kinda obvious. Just a once-in-a-great while thing? Who cares. We (social people who like going out) will all do it, to one degree or another (shrug), for a change of scenery/motif/whatever. Entirely different story.

I don’t use expensive dinner dates to try and pry a woman out of her panties. That does not work.

Actually, it -could- help grease the wheels, and if so, could be part of the "prying" process -- whether she's borderline about him, and with some luck in timing, make the wind Blow his way... or if she has interest about him, help Solidify the interest, and make that pickle jar open quicker. ;) So the concept's not necessarily futile when it cums to getting into a lady's underpants -- it just depends on the Situation between the guy and the gal.

In your situation with a Hawt gal you already for some time knew Of, and you rationally know it's not even borderline? If said $200 dinner place is a place you've been dying to try or return to at some point in the near future, and would probably be taking your bro to? Okay, fine. Sure. But let's be honest -- it's to see if there's an opening... or to get positive attention from a gal who's a Glorious catch. Great persona helps there, too. To have the Experience of Her, to Impress Her -- to get Validation, and a nice time doing it. That's the real reason.

And some can say it's not worth it with a gal who's not interested, if you're taking her to Applebees. And, true -- but if it's not in his "repritore", it ain't no thang. But if he's taking her to a $200 dinner, what it does is indicate that this isn't his first rodeo, barking up the far-fetched tree branches. So you begin to ask him -- what results Do you actually end up seeing? It's not just money, but time.

For that, you need the “weekend getaway”. Which runs more like $1,000 or so, but you do get the guaranteed return.

I wouldn't say that. Better chances, hell yeah. Mainly because she agrees to go out on a weekend getaway, she's likely at least borderline from the outset. The Yes or No answer by itself will indicate the answer... but it's not necessarily clear. I know plenty of guys who play that card, and there's mixed results. Depends who the gal is, how far out of his league, the circumstances surrounding it, etc. If he's shooting 10-for-10 doing that, then him taking a gal of the same caliber with the same circumstances surrounding them out to $200 dinners -- that's also greasing her wheels for some "panty prying". Either situation may be over-the-top of course, or, may be the "push" that gets them in the sack.

The moral of the story is, one shouldn't execute in either of those directions if it just gets Attention from a Hawtie, with Zero or near-Zero chance of being more-than-just-friends. Sometimes guys can get caught up in the Experience of "playing house", when that's all it is. That is where criticism is understandable.
 gtomustang
Msg: 309
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 2:05:49 PM
"Mustang, $200 isn't a lot for dinner these days."

>>>That could be right. I don't buy alcoholic drinks, and failure to "get her tight" (there's a nice old expression) has probably left me in the friend zone a few times :) I'm a $15-25 a plate guy (a warning for anyone who wants to meet me:) ), but of course at a weekend resort or Times Square or some other special place, that number's going to go up (actually I took a lady to dinner at the TGIF or its equivalent in Times Square last summer, and I think it was still under $80, for anyone who's thinking about doing it. Anyone here on the forum who lives near TS can probably quote us some numbers, it likely rivals Hong Kong and Tokyo for expensive real estate, which is why I quote it, not to drop names or anything).

"I think it's too much to spend though with any constancy."

>>>well, just to toss numbers around, if someone's making say, $52K a year and not paying alimony or child support, that's about $1K a week, so $200 on a Friday night may be possible, depending upon their other expenses. Funny how when you make more money, you magically find "things you can't live without" to spend the extra on :) but back to the point, it can hurt to spend that much, or it could be pocket change. We all live where we can afford, and meet the people on the way there.

I'll agree with NG, I've been to hoidy-toidy places, and having sorbet between meals to cleanse the palette and warmed towels to clean my hands is nice, but...I don't want to leave hungry b/c the meal was arranged artistically and ended up the size of my fist :) My father was one of those who liked to go to these places to say that he had been to these places. There is some fun in that. but as a bachelor, I also love finding those restaurants where the food tastes good, is plentiful, and the price is fair. its like finding a good barber or plumber.

A little while ago, I was taking an attractive woman to dinner. she wasn't the best conversationalist (and worse, she was a soft talker, yes, like that Seinfeld episode. she was great practice for figuring out conversation :) ). but she sure was nice to look at, beat eating alone, and she only cost $15 a meal. So, it was all worth it as a distraction, and as things turned out, I got my money back. I have a 60 yr old friend I take out, and due to her age, she eats very little of what she orders (reminds me of the old advice, when you take elderly parents out for dinner, order from the kids menu so the serving is the right size :) ). no $200 meals for her :) but we just did our Christmas dinner, and that ran under $50--and she gave me her chicken parm doggie bag.

sometimes, yes, we men are buying the company/experience.
 ohenryx
Msg: 310
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave[quote][b]norwegianguy456[/b] I wouldn't say that. Better chances, hell yeah.
Posted: 12/24/2017 3:06:40 PM

norwegianguy456
I wouldn't say that. Better chances, hell yeah. Mainly because she agrees to go out on a weekend getaway, she's likely at least borderline from the outset. The Yes or No answer by itself will indicate the answer... but it's not necessarily clear. I know plenty of guys who play that card, and there's mixed results. Depends who the gal is, how far out of his league, the circumstances surrounding it, etc.

The hell you say! It’s never failed for me, and I have a hard time imagining how it could fail. I have had women decline the offer. Was that what you were saying? Merely asking does not guarantee a “yes” answer, but a “yes” answer does guarantee a happy ending? If so, then we are in agreement here.

Not something I do all that often, maybe 4 or 5 times in the last 8 years. I’m not counting weekend getaways with women that I was already involved with, different story entirely. And most of those trips, when we were already involved, the woman paid her share of the expenses. The women that I actually get “involved with”, versus just dating, tend to be successful, professional women. The kind of woman who does not expect a man to pay her way. For initial dating, yes, because of traditional roles, etc, but once involved, definitely not.

gtomustang
sometimes, yes, we men are buying the company/experience.

Indeed we are. The secret to success is to not spend more than you can afford, and to be happy with the results you get.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 311
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave[quote][b]norwegianguy456[/b] I wouldn't say that. Better chances, hell yeah.
Posted: 12/24/2017 3:51:44 PM

The hell you say! It’s never failed for me, and I have a hard time imagining how it could fail.

A gal who re-iterates over time that she just wants to be friends... she's a group-friend... then one time talking 1-on-1 with she, matching the convo they're having, he throws it out there to fly to FL or Myrtle Beach in a couple weeks -- she's like Really? He's like Yeah, F-it, let's do it, why not -- and she's like Yeah, OK, Yeah! Why not. Knew a couple guys who were in that situation -- one failed to get any action, the other guy got some but wasn't any sex-all-the-time. Like I said, depends on the Circumstances.

I have had women decline the offer. Was that what you were saying? Merely asking does not guarantee a “yes” answer, but a “yes” answer does guarantee a happy ending?

I was saying given Certain circumstances, a "yes" answer may not result in a happy ending. Or maybe a slight one, but in the end not so much worth it ("but if she was Way out of my league it would be"). Or of course, much of the time -- yeah, definitely worth it. Situations vary.

The kind of woman who does not expect a man to pay her way. For initial dating, yes, because of traditional roles, etc, but once involved, definitely not.

Rolling back to the original topic, yeah -- many (working) women will pay a good share of things, but unfortunately not all do. I break things down into 3 phases -- the "try out" dates, where, as you point out, it's cultural habit (or "tradition" as some may call it) due to the dating market where the guy is going to expect to pay for success. Even working gals are going to expect them, blatantly asking her to go out or not. Then the 2nd phase is the "dating" phase -- you're not BF/GF -- but on-the-way to become one (knock on wood), if not setting the tone not to jump into a relationship (otherwise an elongated phase of "just dating", where being BF/GF isn't an aim, but could be in the end). Unfortunately, many working women -- but granted, I don't live in a metropolis like Chicago or the like -- still don't usually pay. But becoming BF/GF, that 3rd phase -- yeah, most working women will be paying in at least a healthy amount, although it's still kinda common where they won't so much. YMMV.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 312
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 4:43:51 PM
Mustang, I would say $120 for 2 prior to tax and tip is an average. I wouldn't do a chain restaurant in the city. You can go to them anytime, anywhere. Plus, TS is a highly restaurant populated area with lots to choose from. You can do a pre-theater dinner with a fixed price and somewhat fixed menu at some places. The Plaza Hotel had a great one, back in the day. I loved going there. If you go to nices places for lunch, you get to experience a place without paying dinner prices. You could do a****ail on a hotel roof. Everyone has prices online these days, so there won't be any surprises. You can shoot down to Little Italy or China Town for a reasonable meal and lots of places to choose from. I used to walk around, read menus in windows, see if it looks busy, which is a good thing. There's off Broadway and off-off, but it's fun to see someone you know in a play and less likely with off-off Broadway.

If your focus wasn't Time Square, you could take the train to The Plaza walk around inside, then walk into the park on Central Park South and 5th Avenue and come out on the upper west side by foot where there are a lot of reasonably priced restaurants or do it in reverse.

Money buys experiences. A steak place is gonna have better steak than most restaurants with an eclectic menu, like prime cut and aged steaks, and now wagyu is popular. To have a nice afternoon or night out, combine something less expensive with something a little more expensive so for example Off Broadway with a medium
expensive meal or a Broadway show with Ray's Famous Pizza☺ The city is full of possibilities and free things to do.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 313
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:16:51 PM

Mustang, I would say $120 for 2 prior to tax and tip is an average.

I wouldn't say so, unless you're in the heart of a big city. Otherwise, you're aiming too high. Unless of course dinner's just part of it, you're at no cheap place, you throw on an appetizer, And you camping out swilling down a good amount of drinks! :) Nothing is wrong with chain places in and of itself -- that's all in one's head to think negatively. The only dent it serves is "trying new places", is all. Not being exact, but ballpark range:

Applebees or the like in type of place: $17 each plate, $6 tall-beer, $6 foo-foo drink. 2 plates + 3 tall-boys + 3 foo-foos = 34+18+18 = $70. So significantly less. And that's not eating just a BBQ burger or the cheapest drinks, either. Plus they and other places have Happy Hour type specials when not everyone's going out so much, that one can take advantage of. Overall though -- many dates are not cheap. They Add Up.
 mrod3041
Msg: 314
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 6:33:45 PM
Man...there is a lot of accounting going on here. Ummm...ok

I dunno. The Mickey-dees thing is seriously just a joke, but I would like to do it one day. It would be kinda cute. As a kid, got excited about it Mickey Dees (NewYorker I dont care what you say :) )

Second of all, I dunno, if I ask a girl out, I pay. Pretty simple. Nothing to write home about. And, most of the time (sorry dudes, maybe its just me) it works out ok. Not trying to be a 'comparon' (ask NewYorker what that means :) ) But seriously, OTOH, as some have mentioned, its also about the experience and I have asked platonic friends out and paid. They are sexy and beautiful as hell, but nothing was expected. Its still fun, and I think both of us have a great time. :)

When did things get so "itemized"?

Again, Merry X'mas everyone.... :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 315
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 8:25:23 PM

NewYorker58
Mustang, I would say $120 for 2 prior to tax and tip is an average.

norwegianguy456
Applebees or the like in type of place: $17 each plate, $6 tall-beer, $6 foo-foo drink. 2 plates + 3 tall-boys + 3 foo-foos = 34+18+18 = $70.

Either way, that’s not cheap.
Say you go to the movies, which I like to do. Around $35 for two tickets at the iMax, then around $20 at the snack bar. After the movie, a couple of drinks, maybe some appetizers, another $40 to $50. Damn, you just spent $100 or so on a casual movie date.

I work straight contract, I don’t get paid when I’m not at work. Which means I choose between days off and making more money. And I often work more, to pay for dates. And it is a good trade off, in my book.

mrod3041
Man...there is a lot of accounting going on here. Ummm...ok

When did things get so "itemized"?

I think you should be aware of what things cost you. Which doesn’t mean that they’re not worth it, but you have to know in order to decide if it WAS worth it, to you.

mrod3041
Again, Merry X'mas everyone.... :)

And a Very Merry Christmas to all of my friends here in the forums. This is my 8th year here, and some of you definitely are my friends. There are people here whom I nearly always agree with (you know who you are), others I sometimes agree and sometimes disagree, but still respect (and you know who you are as well).
 NewYorker58
Msg: 316
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 9:50:14 PM
NG, Applebees is very pedestrian. Why eat there? I went to Applebees once. I ordered some kind of chicken and it looked gray. Turns out they gave me beef instead, but it was some kind of creepy pressed beef and that was the last time I went there. Why throw good money after bad? I think where you eat depends on the purpose. I'd rather not eat out often and eat at better places. Cheap food that should cost more is scary. I'd rather eat inexpensive food like tacos, pizza, nachos, hummus, falafel, Asian food, food court food.

Henry, yeah, dating adds up. Having a decent job buys finer things in life. That's why it's nice to date men that are successful in life. It doesn't matter if you pay for your stuff if the guy can't pay for his stuff. You spend a lot of money on dates!

Mrod, Feliz Navidad to you and all the crazies here, which would include myself ❤🎄🎁🎀

I wonder if Pig is having a holiday meltdown. Some people don't like the holidays.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 317
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 10:12:20 PM
Mrod, enjoy! - https://youtu.be/0UVUW11FENs

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 outbursts of craziness in the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours are crazy you can not post to this thread.
 cooldog65
Msg: 318
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 10:13:11 PM
Applebees has the 2 for $20-$25 deal which includes an appetizer. There's also half price appetizers after 9 pm at the one I occasionally go to. $9 total for an order of boneless wings (about 10 wings) and mozzarella sticks (about 8 sticks) and a single beverage (I don't drink). Including tip, I'm spending just over $15.
 mrod3041
Msg: 319
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/24/2017 11:40:36 PM
Good stuff NewYorker.... :)

Feliz Navidad chica.... :) Great video.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 320
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/25/2017 12:02:55 AM

NG, Applebees is very pedestrian. Why eat there?

Who cares if it's "pedestrian"? That's why you don't like Any chain place. If Applebees screwed up your order -- which any place can -- you don't throw away good money. They re-do the order, even if you didn't order wrong but you're like WTF-is-this. Basically -- you don't like Any chained successful place, and you Want it to be not that good -- because it's "pedestrian". :)

Reminds me of people who think Corona tastes soooo good, when it's all in their head - lol. Corona fails almost all taste tests -- but the "zest" of the bottle, reminding them of being on sandy beaches makes it taste good to them - lol. Or the time they introduced Pizza Hut pizza to people served with a chef and putting on this parade that it was specialty made -- they loved it, then realized "Oh sh!t, they blew my subconscious mind's cover!"

You spend a lot of money on dates!

You don't. ;)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 321
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/25/2017 8:30:14 AM

I went to Applebees once.

A sampling of one? Hardly a scientific method.

Not to out NY58 on the spot too much - because this is something I've seen hundreds of people do... Men AND Women -- but one bad experience does NOT a sound assumption make. But people would rather be right about that ONE time -- than risk being wrong EVER again. People get so damn over-confident with their assumptions that you could drag them back to that same place thirty-five times and be served fantastic meals - but on the 36th, some part of the order was wrong... "SEEEEE! I KNEW it!"

That's not being open to possibilities - because being open means you're willing to accept being wrong as much as being right. And there are thousands of serial daters out here that would rather live comfortably in their assumptions than risk being wrong. Part of that is fishing for status through appearance, profession and taste - or, more appropriately, refusing to fish for anything they consider inferior. That also becomes apparent with how particular or rude they behave at a given dining establishment.

The more people have failures, the more they look towards outer factors for the reason, because it simply 'CAN NOT' be their own errors in judgement. Assumptions just get more and more absurd as time goes on. Being wrong 99 times out of a 100 only results in disappointment, not death or dismemberment. Driving a car on the freeway is more risky. Dating a guy three inches shorter is not risking contracting a genetic disease - and guys can't get poisoned by painted-on eyebrows of some lady trying too hard to impress. McDonald's isn't going to kill you any faster than a smoky steakhouse, and it certainly won't get you any drunker.

Sometimes a sh1tty burger is worth the company. So long as you are there for the person, not the attitude.
 spot4username
Msg: 322
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/25/2017 9:07:45 AM
I am not a fan of chain restaurants. Of course it isn't a factor where I live because we don't have any. So ... there's that.

A lot of the places I frequent here have farm to table for produce and fresh catch. If it isn't available fresh you can't order it. The menus vary by season and often from week to week. I try to stay away from the places that are just serving Sysco products across the board. Cost doesn't really factor into it because there are plenty of very expensive places whose menu for the most part are Sysco (or the like) products.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 323
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/25/2017 12:51:06 PM
CoolD, don't forget the ever popular 2 for $25 at The Olive Garden. My POF date took me there. I liked what I ordered, but they discontinued it. I don't care for their food, sauce tastes like it's straight from a jar. Two guys can go to the same inexpensive restaurant and only one is cheap, you ask how is that? One is looking for an inexpensive meal that he will enjoy. The other guy will ask his date if she's going to take the "all you can eat" soup home, LOL.

NG and Dan, they're serving up pressed meat at Applebees. That's the lowest of the low. Doesn't matter if it's not what I ordered. After seeing that, I returned it and then didn't want to order anything, plus my ex's food was already in front of him. I have taken boyfriends out to eat when I was in established relationships and my husbands. I never took them to cheap restaurants. The point of taking them out was for them to enjoy themselves with something other than "chain" restaurant quality food. When we're talking chain here, it's low end, like Applebees.

Dan, maybe that failure scenario is a male thing. Maybe that's why men are sensitive about listing themselves properly as "divorced" and choose "single". I think most list themselves as single when they're divorced. It's important to know if someone has been married before, but they choose to give alternative answers.

I had read on POF someplace from the site itself to have a memorable first date. If a guy wants to say the venue doesn't count, and it doesn't necessarily have to count, but it contributes to the good experience.

In reference to what Spot is saying, more restaurants are doing farm to table. The way most eat is harmful to their health, that's why everyone has cancer. We're all consuming too many pesticides, hormones and antibiotics in food from the time we're born.
 gtomustang
Msg: 324
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/25/2017 2:34:05 PM
I think we were at Marriot Marquis (is that the one with the lobby on the 8th floor?) so when we walked TS, we saw the restaurant and went in. One thing I will say about eating at a chain when you're traveling or in a location new to you, you know what you're getting and not getting. I hate trying some place while on vaca or traveling and finding out its a "greasy spoon"--and not a good greasy spoon like on that TV show. otherwise, eating locally I too agree with finding the ma and pa family restaurant.

I forgot to figure in the price for an app, I guess i'm at that age where its just filling up before the meal :) Dates can be expensive, and that's why I don't find fault with attractive women chasing financially successful men. if you have what other people want, why not get paid for it? But, dates can also be cheap, er, affordable, if one is creative. We used to have free grand-band slams locally, and I took people to those. 20 bands playing for free in five places on a block, four bands to a locale, pick the ones you want to see and move around if you have to. Why should anyone care if its free. or this Fire and Ice festival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OXd6PdfAko

I find them mentioned in the local free newspapers and town websites. They certainly aren't typical, and may be a turnoff to someone who is used to "dinner and a date" template. what can I say, i'm a nerd. If I was a sports nerd, I could probably take someone to a game instead. Well, those pro games sure seem to get expensive quick. there must be a "tier two" sports game somewhere to take a lady who is also a sports fan?
 ohenryx
Msg: 325
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/25/2017 3:56:11 PM

gtomustang
If I was a sports nerd, I could probably take someone to a game instead. Well, those pro games sure seem to get expensive quick. there must be a "tier two" sports game somewhere to take a lady who is also a sports fan?

I used to go to NFL games, but quit that when it became ridiculously expensive. I still occasionally go to a college football game, but not very often, and no, it isn’t cheap.

The summer of 1969, I was about to start college that fall, and I went north to do construction work and make some money for school. I spent the summer in Omaha, and was having a very boring time of it until someone I met on the construction site got me on at the minor league ball park selling beer in the stands. Now that was a fun job, it was all college kids selling beer and peanuts and cutting up and trying to make time with the girls. And of course it was an open stadium, summertime, lots of scantily clad women. Tickets were really cheap, and there wasn’t a lot else to do in Omaha, so we made the most of what there was.

These days they would probably arrest you and throw away the key if you even thought about doing half of what we did in that ball park. Life used to be simpler and a lot more fun.

Do I sound like a grumpy old man? By the way, you kids get off my lawn!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave