Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 351
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leavePage 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Then why did you single me out??

Thin line between love and hate.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 352
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 1:01:49 AM

NG and Dan, they're serving up pressed meat at Applebees. That's the lowest of the low. Doesn't matter if it's not what I ordered.

Yes it does. You can get meat that's not pressed, or pressed on purpose. They gave you pressed beef instead of the chicken dish you ordered. You wasted your money by not getting it re-done (and usually a coupon-off your next visit; real angry customers with some luck may get a free dinner pass for a next visit). Pressed is a way that it's prepared -- not the only way there or anywhere else (including some fancy places too). You WANT it to be bad -- admit it. There's plenty of non-chains that are cheap and a little cheaper than Applebees and people who have the anti-chain psychological issue like. The point is -- you don't WANT a chain to be better than the non-chain. The "spirit" of things carries a lot of weight to you, which is why expensive places can jack up their rates Not because of the better food that would costs them $2 for the meat they're serving, but they crank it up even much moreso because of the spirit-fingers "experience"... and to some, they Want the chain (or cheap, except for one cheap place they adore) to Suck, in food quality & taste. :)

Oh, you're paying for the ambiance.

What ambiance?
A room full of pretentious people?

Pass.

Exactly. Some people don't realize that's the real root of everything. It's defense from potentially coming to grips that they're overpaying for the "spirit" of it all. It Makes it better for them, as long as, yeah, it's a good dish. The others SUCK because their ambiance sucks - lol. The spirit of things carrying too much weight -- many of the people who like Corona so much, yet, it fails blind taste tests consistently. Common response I've seen: "NO! I have to drink it from the bottle!"

Thin line between love and hate.

Like ex-sex? ;)
 gtomustang
Msg: 353
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 6:37:14 AM
"What ambiance? A room full of pretentious people?"

>>>what I used to label, a "see and be seen" place. Where the hip people go and pay to let other hip people know that they, too are hip.

"Having a decent job buys finer things in life--Apparently you're not talking about those elusive "finer" things like honesty, integrity, compassion, kindness, sincerity, reliability, etc., which don't cost any money."

>>>well, hopefully those are common and found everywhere :) Its true, money does not buy class. You get that from upbringing. As someone who went from broke college student to "a man of some means", I can say there's a large grey medium between "not having it together" and "Throwing money around". Still, we probably end up spending more money to make ourselves happy, than to make others happy. Even when we spoil children or other loved ones, we're probably doing it b/c it feels good :)

"mustang, you must not be close enough to a cow pasture"

>>>not anymore! During the Yuppie era, if you could swing a hammer, you started your own contracting business. We're 30 minutes commute time from the state capital, and back when it was the Insurance Capital of the country, people figured out they could pay thru the nose for property taxes in the towns between us and the capital, or travel another fifteen minutes from us and have a big house and pay less. New England has always had trouble with rocks popping out of the soil (hell on paved driveways, and one of the reasons settlers moved out west, its easier to have a dairy farm than till the soil), so some of the local farmers here got out and let their fields get developed. BUT, the grade school I went to sits on a hill, surrounded by dairy farms.

Eat a school lunch (bleck!), go outside for recess and smell....ugh!

tastes in restaurants, is as relative as it is personal :)
 xiang hoi
Msg: 354
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 8:06:08 AM
Do you eat with your mouth open and do you have a drooling problem? Maybe it is you.
 ohenryx
Msg: 355
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 10:58:46 AM

NewYorker58
Mustang, you must not be close enough to a cow pasture, because if you are ever living down wind of one, it would be pretty intolerable.

gtomustang
the grade school I went to sits on a hill, surrounded by dairy farms.

Eat a school lunch (bleck!), go outside for recess and smell....ugh!

You people are entirely too picky. I grew up in the country, absolutely nothing wrong with a cow pasture, smells like home to me. Hell, I lived on a dairy farm for a year when I was about 12, and I have good memories of that time.

Now if you want to talk about bad smells, go over to Deer Park (east side of Houston) and drive through where all of the refineries are. Now THAT’S a bad smell, I’ll take cow dung every time!

Realistically though, if you're anywhere near a cow pasture, you are outside of the city, and are mostly going to be smelling fresh air, trees, grass, pastureland. I love the night life in the city, but ...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 356
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 11:09:30 AM
I cared for horses as a teen, was at the barn every day riding. Horse poop 💩💩💩💩 is an aphrodisiac. Aaah, the smell of a pile of smoldering, steamy, horse 💩 can't beat that!
 cooldog65
Msg: 357
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 11:31:53 AM
Where I live, the Aroma of Tacoma exists. I think it was sulfur.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 358
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 12:07:47 PM
^^^^^I didn't know that was still happening. I think someone is trying to put something toxic in the Tacoma tideflats.
 Seki1949
Msg: 359
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/27/2017 10:15:33 PM
Went to A-b's tonight. Very poor food, seems to have gone down recently. Has anyone here ever worked for an one? Is anything actually cooked in the 'kitchen' or is it all pre-packed and heated?

OTOH, great first date. Who cares about the cr*p food?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 360
view profile
History
pof girls eat at Applebees and barf
Posted: 12/27/2017 10:54:42 PM
^^^^^Thank you for your review! Glad you had a good first date! Care to expound?
 ohenryx
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 8:36:09 AM

Seki1949
OTOH, great first date. Who cares about the cr*p food?

NewYorker58
Glad you had a good first date! Care to expound?

Yes, indeed, let me be the second to congratulate you on that great first date. It is a rarity, but it is the hope that keeps us all going!
 Seki1949
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2017 11:30:27 PM

Care to expound?

A gentleman never tells . . .
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 363
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/29/2017 11:32:48 AM

Fullofpennies, some places are making the guacamole fresh tableside.

Oh yeah, I forgot about THAT.
Actually watching them prepare the overpriced food makes it all better.

Not.
 ohenryx
Msg: 364
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 12/29/2017 11:34:50 AM

Fullofpennies, some places are making the guacamole fresh tableside.

Oh yeah, I forgot about THAT.
Actually watching them prepare the overpriced food makes it all better.

Not.

Been there, done that, enjoyed the experience. I'm sorry if you didn't.
 sussex11
Msg: 365
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 1/1/2018 3:11:57 PM
Coffee dates are cheaper....and so it didn't go anywhere. Where was it suppose to go? You are expecting something more.
 sussex11
Msg: 366
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 1/1/2018 3:12:44 PM
Thin line between a man flashing his money, and the smart women who know the difference.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 367
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 6/2/2018 11:25:09 AM

Recently met few girls off pof and dates lasted just one hour. They ate and left. This happened 3xs with one particular girl. They wanted to leave right after the date. She also ordered dishes i didnt eat and hardly ate any. 90% wasted dishes. This happen with another too ate and left and said she had.to go yoga. Lasted 1 hour 20 min. Second date 2 hours because service at diner was very slow but once i finish eating she wanted to leave and waived waitress for bill. I thought taking them for lunch would help me since i did coffee dates previously and it lead to nowhere. The lunch dates.were from.40 to 55 dollars.for 2 people

You spent about $20-$25 for the dish she finished while you wasted hers, and you're blaming her? I say you' got off' cheaply. Even if you invited her three times over the course of a week or two, what are you expecting? Everything leads to money and the discount sex with people like you. You get dates and you're complaining? Sheesh.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 368
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 6/2/2018 9:50:44 PM
Some people are just serial daters.
They get company, drinks and a meal for free then go home happy.

I don't buy meals for people I don't know.
A drink is more than enough to see how you get on.
If they demand a meal then maybe next they demand a credit card !
Let it be a warning.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 369
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 6/3/2018 10:33:36 PM
I don't think dinner is a great first date, unless you're going to a fun place, like where you sit in front of them cooking for you or the Korean places where you cook the food yourself at your table. Otherwise, I think it can be awkward. If a man insists on dinner or agrees to dinner, if he doesn't enjoy it, that's his problem. Dinner doesn't buy you anything, but guys that are creeps think it does, which is also his problem.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 370
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 6/3/2018 11:08:29 PM

I don't think dinner is a great first date, unless you're going to a fun place ....Otherwise, I think it can be awkward.

Why? How is it more awkward than going to a coffee shop or bar to chit-chat over a drink or two? 1st dates, notably when you haven't known them prior, are good to have the focus on conversation To get to know each other some. If one finds a 1st date over dinner "awkward", then any sit-down joint without 'fun stuff going on' would be awkward, right?
 basilisk123
Msg: 371
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 6/4/2018 1:29:50 AM
I like the coffee shop more. It is casual, no commitment, and you can up and leave fast if things go south.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave