Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 26
pof girls eat and leavePage 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Recently met few girls off pof and dates lasted just one hour. They ate and left. This happened 3xs with one particular girl. They wanted to leave right after the date. She also ordered dishes i didnt eat and hardly ate any. 90% wasted dishes. This happen with another too ate and left and said she had.to go yoga. Lasted 1 hour 20 min. Second date 2 hours because service at diner was very slow but once i finish eating she wanted to leave and waived waitress for bill.
I thought taking them for lunch would help me since i did coffee dates previously and it lead to nowhere. The lunch dates.were from.40 to 55 dollars.for 2 people

Since the OP didn't ask a question I'll assume this is the post whatever you want for the heck of it section

So ...
Recently ate some macaroni. Actually , it was yesterday. I feel kind of bad because I've heard that the cheese mix is bad for you. That being said I will prolly eat it again.
 Cynderella
Msg: 27
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:21:16 PM
Real cheese the only way to go.
I heard cheese has an additive component that makes it irristable
 Perspektiv
Msg: 28
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:35:47 AM
Only thing that confuses me, is with this particular woman already showing signs of non-interest--you take her out, three times!

Also, if money is that tight for you, stick to cafe dates. There are also a lot of options otherwise, that are low budget.

I'll shell out whatever on a date, whether I'll see you again, or not.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 29
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/20/2017 10:15:16 AM
Just don't go to expensive places. Go to a chill, laid back place. If you're only after gals who want guys with $$ -- ie gals out of your league + fancy -- you're probably barking up the wrong trees. You should aim for gals who don't hit the demographic you're going after.

This does not make a "Meal Whore". Most women are able to pay for their own meals.

Yeah, but most women don't -- unless put in position by the guy where they kinda have to. That said, I agree -- just because you take a gal out and she is Not interested, doesn't make her a "Meal Hoe". Due to his other thread, I think he's going after affluent gals where a $50 lunch is going to be like going to Arby's for the regular Joe. To the OP, my advice is that he should stop aiming for seemingly high-maintenance gals who are also out of his league. Don't take a new Inet date out for a $50 lunch unless it's like a $15-$20 lunch to the average Joe. OP seems like he's a bright guy underneath it all, and he's 30+ years old. I think he knows it wouldn't be so hard to not find gals like the ones he describes -- but he's feeling entitled to gals who are kinda out of his league, IMO. If dates are Bombing -- one can't blame a gender or even the dating scene .... it's something "you're" doing that's off the mark.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 30
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/20/2017 10:19:53 AM
"Real cheese the only way to go.
I heard cheese has an additive component that makes it irristable"

I could add real cheese but I actually like the cheese mix that comes with the box.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 31
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/21/2017 12:35:22 PM
I'm thankful I've never been so hungry and without money,
I've had to have dinner with someone I'm not interested in
just to eat. I can't imagine how desperate someone needs to
be to do that.

The fact you keep finding women that do this, says more
about you than it does about them I think.

Are these women tying you up and dragging you to these
expensive restaurants? What prevents you from saying NO?

If they are tying you up....you've got other problems having
nothing to do with food and 80k a year.

*PERK*
Cheese? Yes I believe it is addicting.
I could live on cheese and very berry hibiscus drinks.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 32
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/21/2017 1:38:50 PM
You gotta use the cheese powder comes with the KD, it is a Law in Canada :)
 razors_edge55
Msg: 33
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/22/2017 3:18:18 PM
What ,,,you have a cheese police ,,,??? In France they say there is between 350 to 450 different cheeses ,
not sure what is the 100 they are not sure about ,but 350 is a lot ,,,most are yummy so who cares
 gtomustang
Msg: 34
i have found cheeses
Posted: 3/22/2017 8:45:41 PM
"I hear real chesse has an additive that is addictive"

>>>probably the same thing in ice cream, milk? what can be more comfort food than that?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 35
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:41:26 AM
why did you buy dinner for these girls and more than once with one of them???. Next time stick to coffee dates. that they left after eating shows they were bored with your company and buying dinner does not solve that.
 south_city
Msg: 36
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/23/2017 8:06:07 AM

that they left after eating shows they were bored with your company and buying dinner does not solve that.

The amount of time spent on a date isn't always a general indicator of interest. In particular with the woman he had 3 dates with. These dates lasted 1-2 hours. Which isn't unreasonable for a first or second date. Sometimes people simply had other things to do after that.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 37
pof boy posts and leave
Posted: 3/23/2017 8:12:29 AM
Recently saw few people off pof post a topic and left. This happened many times with one particular boy. He wanted to leave right after posting. Just thought I'd mention it. No questions but feel free to comment anyway if you're THAT bored.
 pofman666
Msg: 38
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:25:50 PM

Only thing that confuses me, is with this particular woman already showing signs of non-interest--you take her out, three times!

Same here. You know when a woman is not showing interest. I once had a date where I thought we were getting on while chatting in a restaurant (just having drinks - well, one. It lasted 90 mins to 2hrs and I did ask if she wanted another as she wasn't volunteering but she said no), and then I got the feeling a second date wouldn't be on the cards, but I did message her the next morning to ask, and she took 4 days after the date to reply. She said no. I didn't even reply! Who takes FOUR DAYS to state the obvious? She can't have been *that* conflicted?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 39
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/23/2017 9:16:24 PM
^^^If it was THAT stinking obvious, you didn't need to ask, and then NOT reply out of spite.

Who doesn't reply? How about a woman who's had a man physically abuse her after hearing "NO". Doesn't matter that you sent a message....you have her phone number and you've seen her face. Abusive people can go to extreme lengths to harass others.

Apparently, you though you were too "cool" to just let her go without a parting shot, since you OBVIOUSLY knew she was going to say no. You couldn't have been conflicted, could you...?
 pofman666
Msg: 40
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:09:23 AM

Who doesn't reply? How about a woman who's had a man physically abuse her after hearing "NO". Doesn't matter that you sent a message....you have her phone number and you've seen her face. Abusive people can go to extreme lengths to harass others.

Apparently, you though you were too "cool" to just let her go without a parting shot, since you OBVIOUSLY knew she was going to say no. You couldn't have been conflicted, could you...?

So we've gone from a date with a drink to a polite message to you banging on about men abusing women. This says much more about you than anyone else.

And I never had her phone number anyway. We conversed on here, even on the day of the date. Still, keep making assumptions, since you know what happens when you make assumptions....
 Nestaron
Msg: 41
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:47:36 AM
She ate a left must have been the company she was keeping
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 42
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:02:58 PM
^^^^

I hear she ate a left AND a right !

BAHAHAHAHAHA !
 high-ground
Msg: 43
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:14:17 PM
Gee you guy's are so easy. Now if appears that its a free meal date, use your call back app, or any excuse to leave the table. Make your exit and call with a average excuse that you will pay her back, just send me a copy of the check. Now that could take weeks, months, or never, but more than likely to get a few calls in the mean time. That's called building a relationship.

This on line dating thing, one must keep up with the times, and respect that women have equal rights, never take for granted that you are to open the the door or pick up the check.
 Nestaron
Msg: 44
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/25/2017 5:58:17 PM
I personally have no problem if I took a woman out and she ate and left I mean it's $40-$50 for a chance at possible relationship and love. Would you be complaining if it worked out and you found the love of a lifetime not likely. So the risk is okay only if it works in your favor I see how that works. It's okay only if you get something out of it kiss or sex but since you got nothing boo hoo poor me.

I date and pay for meal I have no expectations of anything after the date when I drop them off. Showing respect and dignity is not that hard and you need to accept the consequences of the risk of dating. If they are into you and give you another date great, if not you thank them tell them you enjoyed their company and move on.

Complaining on this site actually hurts your chances because women read, they pay attention who wants to date a whiner, complainer who is just going to talk crap about the date.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 45
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/25/2017 6:14:22 PM
^^^ indeed. You can sit home night after night, eat alone, or pop out a couple of dollars to be out. And if she/he doesn't pan out they might have a friend perfect for you
I never think when I buy a friend a meal that I wasted my time
I enjoyed their company, went out, saw ppl and places and things. I do not get the Ledger mentality
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 46
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/28/2017 10:56:58 AM

I hear she ate a left AND a right !

With many girls, I'd be happy if they just showed up, and ate left, right, up, and down -- and left. And with some women, I'd be willing to do the same to them! :)

I never think when I buy a friend a meal that I wasted my time

Well, that's comparing apples & oranges. They're already your friend. If they were an ex-friend who could be a friend again, you could end up realize you just wasted your (money and) time. Melding the two concepts as one is what can make one think "Ehh, so what? Stop complaining" VS "Yeah, that does need to be shamed."

I personally have no problem if I took a woman out and she ate and left I mean it's $40-$50 for a chance at possible relationship and love.

Well, that's a naive way of looking at it though. Kind of like end of a football game, throwing the long ball in the air hoping someone catches it, as The way for getting a relationship. Now, I agree with you on the level of it's a Genuine Date -- not minding if, in the end, things didn't work out. But when one Is active in the dating scene, those "feeding bills" pile up, and so does time utilized that may not be so expendable. The happy-to-have-a-date wears off quite quickly when one's just giddy to Get a date with almost anyone, when getting a date Then becomes not so tough to get.

IMO, if you ask a gal out on a date and get everything going -- and how she's acting is the same as how the date went, then yeah, the guy has nothing to complain about. It is part of the territory to get uninterested gals... and many times, you Don't know if there was some Real potential interest or not from the get-go. If you're Always running into that, then either you have egg on your face when going out on the dates, or yes, at least some of them are using you for a freebie... which, if that happens too often, how ya come across will be saying "I give out freebies. I'm Mr Nice Guy." Never a good idea. There Is little to no chance at a possible Real dating relationship on those.

IMO, society should adopt a standard where if the gal isn't Outright asked to Be Taken Out by said guy or asked out being blatantly chased.... if when the date ends and she lacks interest, she should Want to contribute and Not want him to pay the whole thing. If this was "standard" in society, I think a lot less situations like these would happen.

And the devil's in the details on how things unfold, from establishing the date to how the date goes. There are circumstances where I certainly wouldn't shake my finger at a guy who ends up telling the gal she has to pay for what she ordered if explained by "We're not at an Expensive place, and, well, you agreeing to go out on this date -- which I didn't chase you down or plead to go out on --was assumed you have interest. You obviously had no interest walking in the door, and I checked in the bathroom -- I don't have egg on my face. I dunno if another guy, an ex, or whatever suddenly came into mix. Fine, that happens with bad luck I guess, but regardless, unless a person twisted another's arm or blatantly asked to Take them out when said person wasn't that enthused -- ya split the bills if there is no interest walking in the door."
 Aprilovesrosas
Msg: 47
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/30/2017 3:24:25 PM

pof girls eat and leave

haha..Really??
Only the girls from this dating site do that?
You have to think this in a positive way, as ....."feeding them was your good deed of the day".

Nah..Be honest when you talk to them on the phone for first time, tell them that you are a modern man, it means that everything is divided in half and half from the beginning.!
 Nestaron
Msg: 48
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/30/2017 4:30:20 PM
Well the truth is I never had a women get up and leave after dinner, well probably cause I was driving and it would have been a long walk for her or a costly cab ride. $40-$50 cab ride home that would have been hilarious IMO, I heard of a bad date but if I woman did give up dating forever you didn't date her you tortured her.

I treat my women no worse then a friend because at worse that is what I expect her to be. I sure as heck dont want her hating me remember your dates are the best person you can be so show it. How hard is it to put that best part of you forward for a night.
 gtomustang
Msg: 49
pof koalas eats, shoots, and leaves
Posted: 3/31/2017 6:28:54 AM
I have a female friend who goes home to her daughter after meals on sunday nights. Then again she only cost $15 a meal, and I got a $125 piece of furniture I've always wanted from her for free b/c she didn't know what to do with it, and she took me to NYC in case there were problems with a medical test and paid $360 for my hotel room in Times Square along with the other expenses. She sleeps with other men, so I get hosed there, but i'm not sure why POF guys lose out in monetary ways. Like my old boss used to say, gotta spend money to make money :)
 sun___flower
Msg: 50
view profile
History
pof girls eat and leave
Posted: 3/31/2017 4:25:57 PM
Nestaron
How hard is it to put that best part of you forward for a night.

How long is the night?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > pof girls eat and leave