Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is Creepy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 razors_edge55
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What is Creepy? Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
wow msg 23,,, lets dump on off topic ,,hey I'll say it not little league ,it's the "show" and hard ball ,,,and if you can't explain you self ,,,you look like a fool ,,,so if you go in ,,,go in locked and loaded ,,,and the name calling yes is "sometimes " over the top but after a while you see it coming and move on ,but I too wish it was less ,,but creepy ? not
 Perspektiv
Msg: 27
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 8:47:45 PM
I guess my tolerance is high.

Weird to me, or poor social skills, don't equate to being creepy.

To me, creepy, is someone who makes my skin curl. I find the jackpot of creepy, is someone who doesn't understand normal boundaries, in terms of social interaction, to a level where they would make most speechless. Type who'd talk about how they were raped, and locked in a room and beaten daily, within 30 seconds of the "Hi, how are you?" of the first meet.

I.E I was messaged by a Japanese woman, who only had a picture of a blurry eye. I asked her if she had any other pictures. She stated she was unable to take any. I asked her if she had a cellphone: "Yes". Did it have a camera? "Yes". Did you know how to take pictures? "Yes.

Anyways, she was 29 per her profile. Her next picture, is a full face. She looks 60. I ask her when she last was 29. She admits she's 45.

Also admits she's been watching me, and read my profile. Feels we're meant to be together.

That her divorce, lead her to this moment. Not asking me to meet her. Begging. She had been lonely for years. Then she delved into her story on how she was here, illegally (and the level of abuse she endured).

*Skin curling*.... *moment of speechlessness, and not the good type* ...

She as a result--is creepy.
 SalseraLA
Msg: 28
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 8:56:09 PM
Creepy to me is a behavior as well although some men do post photos where they appear to be completely insane so that is VERY creepy. Often I want to write to them and ask if anyone ever writes to them as their photos project such insanity. What is totally creepy to me is that catfish are always widowers and always have one photo that appears as though they copied from a magazine as the guy is usually perfection. NOW that is creepy TOO. I do not get that at all.
 gtomustang
Msg: 29
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:16:29 PM
Based on my experiences this week alone, creepiness is always in context. Sunday I was talking to a model at an event. I was talking to her b/c a guy old enough to be her grandpa was hanging around her table, not bothering to have any interest in what she was selling. but very interested in the fact she was dressed like she was going to fall out of her top with one good sneeze. he and I engaged her in similar ways (OK, I was sort of "blowing him out" and he shuffled along), but my advances were more wanted b/c that model and I were talking about import drift cars and rain in California, and he was pulling subjects out of the sky hoping to keep talking his way into her life. plus I was a lot closer to her age than he was. If I flirt with a woman half my age, that can be seen as creeping on her. if I do it with someone my age, it may not be as creepy. Politeness may be the words chosen, or the tone used to convey actual intent.

I just came back from an overnight in New York City with a woman I know. She paid for the trip down, the stay in the Marriot Marquis in Times Square (not to brag, just to place the context) in the room with her, and expenses (Well, I did pay for the dinner, but anyway). Does that mean she digs me? Would it have been creepy if I tried my chances? Well, let's put it this way, there were two beds in the room, she was down there to test all day today for vasculitis (St.Pat's parade sure screwed traffic, one of the pharm sales people spent 3 hours in uber getting across town to the nurologist's office). She wanted a friend and some moral support, most likely. I figure I had no chances, and not to be a creep.

I'm going to argue that "attractiveness" has a whole lot to do with whether or not we want that attention, but I will caveat that by saying, "attractiveness" isn't always about the physical shell. when I had the status (not self applied) of being one of the cool dudes at my former workplace, I could tell a young lady who thought she was pretty but wasn't entirely sure (as youth typically isn't always sure of itself), that she was captivating. That particular woman might blush and say thank you. she knows i'm not making a play on her, just stating a fact. Some jerk my age, on the other hand, could say it with a different tone, and he's creepy.

or he might say it in the same tone I use, and b/c he's a member of the Great Uncool, she ignores it. Both of us know our place due to our age, so we aren't hitting on her, and she plays along. a kid her age says it, and she feels uncomfortable b/c unlike us old dudes, HE thinks he actually has a chance with this angel his age.

if a woman wants to ravenged by Studman, its not creepy if he says, "boy, I would love to rail you." All he's doing is saying he wants to give her what she already wants. But if she's not attracted to the man her friend considers a stud, and he says the same thing? eew! I compare it to money. If someone makes a general comment about my wealth, it's a comment. If they're talking about how I should spend my wealth on them, it may not be a comment, but an actual desire "passed off" as a general comment. There's a request in there. it can make people feel uncomfortable when someone wants what they have. Unless they really want to share it with that person, whether its money or their body.

and let's talk like adults--a bunch of us think sex with a hot person is a great way to spend an evening. we can talk about personality until the cows come home, the fact is our friends and our lovers both have personality. So why are we only taking our clothes off for one person? Why aren't we having sex with those great friends?

oh yeah, we aren't turned on by their looks.

there are some people, who individually have a creep-trigger. there's some specific familiarity that makes their skin crawl, some barrier that no one in the world can break without consquences. I've met a couple who said it, and I know when it was proven false, or it was a red flag they decided was worth overlooking. Others, however, mean it when they say it. and that's OK. the person next to them, however, admits when drunk that she agrees with the whole attraction thing--the attractive person has a proverbial foot in the door. They get the leeway not given to the unattractive person.

we know candy rots our teeth. So why do we eat it? b/c it gives us an instant pleasure we crave.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 30
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:25:23 PM
Creepy, is how some will make a judgement on a person, from what others say about him or her.

Have you talked with that person? Did you have any dealings with them? Or did you just pass judgement on them based on what you heard?

I've been a victim of that moniker. It is one tough name to live down. Almost no one wants to listen to you. Any explanation you serve up isn't good enough. People avoid you like the plague. Worst part about it, was that it was spread around by someone who decided that they didn't like you, yet you never said word one to them.
 newstart1949
Msg: 31
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 9:35:58 PM
Creepy to me is when some guy sends me a first message loaded with words like honey, sweetie, deary and other words that one might use with someone you have been dating for a while, or at least met.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 32
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/17/2017 11:00:05 PM

To me, creepy, is someone who makes my skin curl.

SKIN "crawls" - that feeling when your hair stands up, or when an insect is crawling on you
BLOOD "curdles" - Curdling is what happens when your tomato soup is left to cook too long, it starts to either boil and pop or clump together - this is what people "feel" is going on inside when they are in terror
 daynadaze
Msg: 33
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 3:29:38 AM
That's funny because I think Ryan Gosling is creepy but Steve Buscemi, while not good looking, is very interesting. I've never understood why Ryan Gosling is suppose to be hawt.
 hearton64
Msg: 34
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 5:10:44 AM
I've heard women freak out over
a man's advances and called him creepy
solely because of his looks.(or age)

"Ugly" translates as untrustworthy it seems.

Is it any wonder that women get duped, burned, betrayed
by good looking men thanks to the misconception
that good looking equates to sincerity,integrity and trustworthiness?

Same goes for HOT women.
Doesn't make them any less crazy
than ugly women can potentially be.

You certainly can't judge a book by its cover!

Actions speak louder than words and looks!
 cindi_rella
Msg: 35
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 6:49:59 AM
Creepy to me is a guy my age thats still obsessed with video games or activities that are geared towards people with children but they dont have any children.
 Walts
Msg: 36
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 7:02:32 AM

some men do post photos where they appear to be completely insane so that is VERY creepy.

One of the reasons I had to stop putting pictures up in my profile.

Kinda like a public service thingy.

The last thing I need is people knowing I'm phucked before even meeting me.

Gotta keep some mystery in the game..........
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 37
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:11:02 AM
I have dozens of attractive women as Friends in Facebook. Many are single, several are married. Does that make me 'creepy'? Why? The truth is, that if I want to know what's going on in their lives, or what their kids have accomplished, or where they decided to go on vacation - the Moms are the ones who post in Facebook. If I counted on the Dads to say anything, for the most part - I'd have to wait another six months to find out, because that's when their next post might pop up.

My Dad is 76, and has probably sent six e-mails in his entire life. He uses the phone to make contact with everyone. Is THAT creepy? Or is it simply something you don't understand?

My work shift is an afternoon/evening shift. If my friends go out for Friday afternoon Happy Hour, the earliest I can join them is about 9 pm. Most of them are heading home by then. If I do go out, I end up mostly being by myself. I bring along a book to read so I can sit at the bar and keep to myself. I'm not bothering anyone. I'm not walking up to people with crappy pickup lines and asking for phone numbers. I'm not leering and drooling over anyone. I'm not getting drunk - I nurse drinks for a long time. People around me that ARE getting drunk lose control of their volume levels when they talk, and it's pretty easy to pick up conversations from the next stool over.

Somehow, being anti-social is 'Creepy'. They don't like a guy who's saying nothing to sit close to the bar - they WANT me to be sulking in a dark corner somewhere, because that's what 'Creepy' people do. If they'd bother to engage me directly in conversation, I put the book down and talk to them - then they get surprised because I CAN be a great conversationalist and don't have a burning need to take them to the back of some unmarked van in the parking lot.

Context is everything. People use that 'Creepy' label pretty liberally for anything they don't understand or don't want to deal with. That's where racism came from. That's where sexism came from. Name-calling happens when people fear the unknown, and use the same labels over and over so their minds can handle it without having to alter their own patterns of thinking.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 38
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:13:06 AM

some men do post photos where they appear to be completely insane so that is VERY creepy.

Creepy to me is a guy who sends out photos of his d!ck--and he has a botched circumcision.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 39
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:36:32 AM
As a noun "Creep".
I guess in past tense would be "crept".
Or in present tense "creeping" would be someone who would stalk you.
Perhaps even in a place like these forums.

You might find a creeping creep who crept up on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
creepy is, as creepy does. and they do too much.
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:47:20 AM
just to toss another log on this fire...just got off the phone w/ an attractive female friend who looks 50 but is 60 who just got back from church. For over a month now, a middle aged creep-o comes in and uses the church as an excuse to hug and kiss on the cheek, women his age. They in turn have taken a page from the Serengenti, grouping together to avoid his advances. On the flip side, when grandfatherly Bob who was grandmarshall at the parade comes in with his wife and shakes with palsy, they kiss him on the cheek b/c he's a good egg. and the mechanic where my friend gets her car repaired, has tried to get a date with her but once he asked her and got a no, he went back to a cordial, business-like dealing with my friend.

Creep-o is only out for his needs. That's why he crosses boundaries and fails/refuses to read body language--they get in the way of his needs. He spent the sermon turning around to look backwards where my friend sat with her church friends. Bob, on the other hand, has no barely-hidden agenda, and so the ladies seek him out to see what's shakin'.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 41
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 8:47:51 AM

Some people are hmm " gifted" with the creep vibe,...........

Many, "spot on" answers here. I will add, to what ouija wrote.

When in the proximity of a person, male or female that "gives me the creeps"/ When the hair on the back of my neck, tingles, I have to reach up and smooth down the little hairs on my neck, THAT is "creepy".

Example: Middle school principal, when my daughter, was there. First introduction, the hair on my neck tingled.
Emphatically told my daughter, "Never ever, be in a room alone with him".
He was charming and many women thought he was "just so wonderful".
A year later, he was arrested......................Mr Wonderful, ? No
 Maleman999
Msg: 42
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:44:46 AM

When in the proximity of a person, male or female that "gives me the creeps"/ When the hair on the back of my neck, tingles, I have to reach up and smooth down the little hairs on my neck, THAT is "creepy".

How do you know if the other person is feeling the same way? Do creepy people find other people creepy?
 ohenryx
Msg: 43
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:47:00 AM

Creepy to me is a guy who sends out photos of his d!ck--and he has a botched circumcision.

Wait a minute, wait a minute -- you look at d!ck pictures that closely? Who knew?

Hey, put down that baseball bat, I was only kidding!!!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 44
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:53:45 AM

Wait a minute, wait a minute -- you look at d!ck pictures that closely? Who knew?

Hey, put down that baseball bat, I was only kidding!!!

Henry, I was kidding, too. But yes, I've seen some ugly d!ck pics show up in the POF Photo Rating system. I report them all. Even the pretty ones. ;-)
 basilisk123
Msg: 45
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 3:20:43 PM
Creepy to me is someone who comes on waaaayyy too fast and too strong. Like someone who wants to have sex before yall even exchange names, or even find out if they are your type. What that speed and strength are, is very relative for each individual. Some people will get turned on by the chance to get sucked off/eaten out by a perfect stranger, and other people will get turned off.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 46
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 3:23:15 PM
Partial face shots like they're staring at you from behind a fence = ULTRA CREEPY
 basilisk123
Msg: 47
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 3:32:15 PM
I usually do it as a gag. I play with my friends by doing it all the time. I look at them partially exposed behind the door, then slowly disappear behind the door. The female friends I work with love it. It is a good way to get someone to laugh when they are having a bad day.

P.S. I fixed it, I never thought too much about it. POF cropped it to focus on the top, but I fixed it to focus more to the bottom of the photo
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 48
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 3:34:30 PM
That's like an inside joke then , isn't it ?

People who don't know you just see a stranger with a partial pic looking serial killerish.

I'd rethink your main pic if I was you, just sayin
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 49
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 4:34:45 PM
Meeting a person who has clear skin except for...

one huge zit, 3 days past being ripe for popping.

as you converse with them, you cannot stop watching the zit, fearing it may actually burst and squirt you if they laugh...

not so much the zit being creepy, but not popping it and showing up with a volcano erupting is creepy...
 Cynderella
Msg: 50
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 5:01:40 PM
When you live in a small town and start seeing the many from POFers.
What makes it Creeping is when you are sunbathing and you spot them hiding behind things as they are watching you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is Creepy?