Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is Creepy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 51
What is Creepy? Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^^^

I know right ?

Especially when I bend over to pick something up and they all come out with their phones to take pix - they're not even discreet about it !

Some even ask you to bend over AGAIN if they didn't get the shot in time !

Unbelievable !

.....the women , on the other hand, always stay hidden
 LucilleDixon
Msg: 52
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 7:01:45 PM
Oh, another thing that I find very creepy is when a man sends me a message on here and says "I like what I see". That skeeves me all the way out. It's just freaking weird. And I really don't like being referred to as a "what", as if I'm some inanimate object.
 Cynderella
Msg: 53
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 7:47:10 PM
I promise Chuck next time you come to Skaha I won't do that again.
Or at the very least... I will hide better.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 54
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 9:02:02 PM
It's also creepy when guys act like they don't know how to behave around attractive women. Coming on too strong, constantly complimenting my appearance, standing too close, etc etc. I don't deal with creeps nearly as much as I used to because I'm a homebody and when I do go out, it's usually with my boyfriend. Creeps will move on to an easier "target". I used to go to gay clubs a lot and it was super ****ing creepy when hetero guys would go there (typically alone) to try and hit on straight girls.

I've encountered two female creeps IRL. They were bisexual & complimented my face and body too much for comfort. One was cute with a nice body and the other resembled a skeletal scarecrow witch. The diagnosis on both of them: CREEPY.
 basilisk123
Msg: 55
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/18/2017 10:37:22 PM
"That's like an inside joke then , isn't it ? People who don't know you just see a stranger with a partial pic looking serial killerish. I'd rethink your main pic if I was you, just sayin"- Butterchickenchuck

I get told that a lot too unfortunately. It is the reason I hate smiling and laughing in front of people. One of the many reasons I am so unpopular with the fairer sex, I guess...(sigh)
 gtomustang
Msg: 56
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:11:18 AM
"its also creepy when guys act like they don't know how to behave around attractive women"

>>>a couple days back, I went from my small town, which doesn't have many single attractive women, to NYC, where there's a pretty face in the crowd every 60 seconds. So, my first thought was, "maybe its like celebrities, if you aren't around them, you get stuck inside your own head and forget to act like they are just human." But perhaps too its b/c a beautiful person has something we want, and not just their body. We may want confirmation of ourselves, that a beautiful person could be interested in us, and we get too focused on trying to sell ourselves. Treating someone as a thing, as an answer to a problem, may also count as creepy behavior :)

Sorry to hear the secret of gay clubs is out (pun intended). I had a potential gf bring me to one as a test of what I could handle, but I already knew of women going there to get away from creeps and just enjoy dancing.
 hemingway234
Msg: 57
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:16:08 AM
I'll tell you what creepy is... creepy is destined to be one of the most popular threads on POF, creep-central.
 cooldog65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 8:27:43 AM
Creepy is just another overused term like socially awkward, freaking out, stalking, sexual harassment, etc..

Pedophiles are absolutely creepy.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 59
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:52:56 AM

Creepy is just another overused term like socially awkward, freaking out, stalking, sexual harassment, etc.

I agree, especially "stalking". Apparently if you post in the same thread as certain people, you are "stalking" them. At the same time, they are mentioning your name in their profile. That's creepy, as well as stalkerish.
 ohenryx
Msg: 60
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:00:21 AM

NoxzemaWA
I used to go to gay clubs a lot and it was super ****ing creepy when hetero guys would go there (typically alone) to try and hit on straight girls.

Pardon me for asking, but why is that creepy? I completely fail to see why that would be considered creepy, never mind “super ****ing creepy”?

I used to do that (go to gay clubs and try to meet women). Very few of the women were only one-way, by far the majority were bi-sexual. And just like any other venue, it’s very easy to tell if a woman might be interested. You smile at her, she either smiles back or turns her head away and frowns. This ain’t rocket science.
 basilisk123
Msg: 61
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:13:14 AM
What is surprising is that Hetero guys will go to gay clubs to pick up women....
I never even knew that was even a thing until now. Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of a gay club?
 Maleman999
Msg: 62
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 10:34:20 AM

I used to do that (go to gay clubs and try to meet women)

Weren't you concerned about gay guys hitting on you? That would creep me out.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 63
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 2:35:59 PM
I agree a straight guy going to a gay club to hit on women is creepy. But I think most creepy people actually know they are creepy. They try to put different labels on it - but I do think they know.
I miss gay clubs, the happy hour and of course Disco nights! Found the best hair stylist there ever.
Moved here, club same name, thought hey great. No.. just a nightclub
Flashbacks. Good club name
 ohenryx
Msg: 64
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 3:49:47 PM

Ouija2025
I agree a straight guy going to a gay club to hit on women is creepy.

I’m still waiting for someone, anyone, to offer up any kind of explanation of why this is “creepy”?

basilisk123
What is surprising is that Hetero guys will go to gay clubs to pick up women....
I never even knew that was even a thing until now. Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of a gay club?

Maleman99
Weren't you concerned about gay guys hitting on you? That would creep me out.

You two need to broaden your horizons, live a little bit, experience some different sides of life. Gay people are NOT interested in trying to hit on or seduce straight people. Nada, zip, zilch, none, not at all.

One night I struck out two or three times in a row, and this very gay young man came over and offered to help me out. He went around asking women if they would like to dance with me until one said “yes”. To him it was an amusing game, and me … well, I appreciated the help.

The LGBT community tends to be very accepting, of everyone, of all life styles. Perhaps because that is what they most want in life, to be accepted for who and what they are.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 65
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 3:58:35 PM

I agree a straight guy going to a gay club to hit on women is creepy.

I’m still waiting for someone, anyone, to offer up any kind of explanation of why this is “creepy”?

The gay bars in Atlanta have lots of drag queens. Odds are high that when so-called straight men go into these clubs, it's with the understanding that the women they end up with might very well have something a little "extra".
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 66
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 3:58:51 PM

Married people are the creepiest, crashing singles sites. A high percentage of the people on Tinder are married. Perhaps singles bars ended almost as soon as they started because married people invaded and ruined the atmosphere.

Straight guys who are up front about being straight don't seem terribly creepy if they go to gay bars. Straight guys who pretend to be gay seem creepier, a common scenario in sitcoms. The women all love him when they think he's gay. They change clothes in front of him. They tell him they wish he were straight, that if he were straight, she would want him. Then when he reveals he's actually straight, she's horrified and considers him a total creep. The funniest version of the sitcom had the girl introduce the straight guy to another "gay" guy. When she left the area, he told the other guy, "Dude, I'm actually straight". The other guy said, "Me too!"
 Ouija2025
Msg: 67
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 4:50:25 PM
well Henry to me it is because they are
Preying on women.
Violating their space. A straight woman isn't going to a gay club to have to mace some creeper outta her face
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 68
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 5:42:25 PM
Thought of another creepy entity: people who wear sunglasses.

They hide their eyes, leering at people. If someone with sunglasses looks in your direction, assume the worst. Make a fist or otherwise show you disapprove of them sneakily staring. If they're not focusing on you, no harm because they won't see the fist or middle finger.
 ohenryx
Msg: 69
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:27:42 PM

halcyon_skies
The gay bars in Atlanta have lots of drag queens. Odds are high that when so-called straight men go into these clubs, it's with the understanding that the women they end up with might very well have something a little "extra".

Some of the gay bars in Houston have drag queens. Most don’t, or at least not many. Most cross dressers aren’t really going to pass for women, not unless it’s really dark and you’re really drunk. I will admit to having seen women on stage who weren’t really women, but who damn sure did look like very attractive women. But I have only seen that on stage.

Ouija2025
well Henry to me it is because they are
Preying on women.
Violating their space. A straight woman isn't going to a gay club to have to mace some creeper outta her face

I’m getting a strong impression here that I am talking to people who don’t really have any experience with gay night clubs. A gay night club is much like any other night club, only LGBT are expressly welcomed. They don’t check you at the door, you don’t have to show a membership card for the “Gays of America” to gain entrance.

Everyone is welcome. Everyone is accepted, for who and what they are. Most of the gay night clubs that I have been in had a fairly large number of straight people. Or at least that was the impression I have always had, I’ve never gone in any night club (gay or straight) and started questioning people about their sexual preferences.
 gtomustang
Msg: 70
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 6:51:13 PM
The only times I've heard of straight people going to gay bars is to escape other straight people hitting on them. So i'd feel like I was violating their sanctuary. I mean, I don't pop into a hardware store to buy a pre-packaged cookie, even tho I see one for sale on the counter every now and then. if i'm interested in something, i'll go where its intended for sale and thus the selection is wider ranging, so I can find what i'm really looking for. but then, I have to put the odds in my favor, as well. I've dated bi-sexual ladies, but didn't meet them in a gay bar. And I've had gay guys hit on me back in college at the library and elsewhere :)

there's all sorts of places to meet people, but i'm not really looking for a dance partner if you catch my drift, so i'd rather go where people are going to get what i'm looking for.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 71
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 7:44:04 PM

Pardon me for asking, but why is that creepy? I completely fail to see why that would be considered creepy, never mind “super ****ing creepy”?

I used to do that (go to gay clubs and try to meet women). Very few of the women were only one-way, by far the majority were bi-sexual. And just like any other venue, it’s very easy to tell if a woman might be interested. You smile at her, she either smiles back or turns her head away and frowns. This ain’t rocket science.

The whole purpose for most straight girls going to gay clubs is to not be bothered with being hit on or creeped on by straight guys. The fact that a straight guy would know this and go out of his way (like there's some shortage of straight clubs?) to go to a place where the women have their guards down and just want to dance and have fun without being hit on is the creepy part. GTO & Basilisk have more leverage on it than you do. This ain't rocket science.
 basilisk123
Msg: 72
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:55:52 PM
"You two need to broaden your horizons, live a little bit, experience some different sides of life. Gay people are NOT interested in trying to hit on or seduce straight people. Nada, zip, zilch, none, not at all. "-ohenryx

No, that is not what I meant. I mean, what is the purpose of gay bars if it is populated by straight men looking to pick up women? Wouldn't it just be called, a bar? Isn't the whole reason these women go to the gay bar is to dance and get away from dudes hitting on them all the time? So why bother them, if they don't want to be bothered?
I am just not getting it, am I missing something?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 73
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/20/2017 5:28:31 AM
I of course agree totally with the about 3 Posters.
Maybe it is you Henry who is missing the point.
If there were lots of straight guys at the clubs I went to, they did a convincing job of making out with other guys :/
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 74
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/20/2017 6:49:09 AM
Going to a gay club to avoid straight men is lot like straight men posting threads in 'Ask a Girl' and expecting only women will reply. It's a free country. People go wherever they choose. Just because one location caters to a specific demographic doesn't mean others won't attend.

If you truly don't want attention, then be anti-social. Don't speak up. Dress down. Don't wear makeup or anything that distinguishes your gender. Stay at home. Put on a ton of weight. There's a million things you can do to avoid attention besides walking into a place with a different sign outside their door. Is that a problem? Not 'being yourself'? Not being able to express who you are? Being... 'Creepy'?

Guess what? There are people out there who don't want to put on a song and dance show, who don't feel the need to dress up like a peacock and who don't need to demand attention to feel good about themselves. They complain about NOT getting attention when they DO want it. That hypocrisy gets instantly called out. Somehow, being anti-social comes across as 'Creepy' and wanting attention comes across as 'whiny' and demanding. Those labels stick.

But outgoing, gregarious types can CALL others all kinds of names and continuously whine and cry about getting too much attention, or to much 'bad' attention (even though their own behavior and choice of venues is totally the opposite) and they ARE being just as hypocritical as the 'whiny' anti-socialite.
-------------------------------------------------
In simplest terms, there's two types of gay people out there - people who live fairly nonchalant lives with a partner of the same gender - and those gregarious, performer types who fly their flag any time they get a chance. I think what straight women hope for when they go to gay clubs is there will be enough fruity peacocks around demanding MORE attention than they do, so they can blend in somewhat without having to change who they are. Sometimes they are right, other days, not so much. The truth is that 'blending in' can happen nearly anywhere, so long as you are willing to change in order to camouflage yourself.

Refusing to change, and yet demanding the world around you to do so is just as stupid as it sounds. "Creepy' people will always exist, as will obnoxious azzhats. It's your choice to get along, to blend in - or to stand out, and deal with what happens.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 75
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/20/2017 4:00:24 PM

It's not. I think if said guy is an over-zealous "Cha Chi" like at any other bar, sticking out like a sore thumb, he'll stick out even more as a weirdo in doing that, but that's about it. It's a good strategy for a guy who's in a rut. He just can't be homophobic, because he will obviously stand the chance of being hit on by a guy.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is Creepy?