Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is Creepy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 101
What is Creepy? Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Me and a friend used to go to this bar that had karaoke and when the karaoke ended we'd go across the street to a gay bar that had karaoke til closing time.

Anyway, I never had any problems at the gay bar but I'll never forget this one guy who was aggressive toward me. I was polite but he had this intense look in his eyes that was pretty scary . Fortunately, for some reason he chose to move on and leave me alone.

If that look that I saw in his eyes is what women have to deal with often then yeah, that would suck !
 GoodLord1
Msg: 102
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/22/2017 2:01:47 PM
that reminds me........

25 years ago my GF's gay male cousin would invite us to the gay bar for those drag shows. I did not find it amusing to see guys 6'2 with wide shoulders in a dress and tons of make up.

my girl asked for a drink and I went to the bar. some bearded guy came up to me and whispered in my ear....
"My car's parked behind yours." I thought wtf is this guy talking about and how does he know where my car is?
I gave him a funny look and all I could think of was to say, "Do you want me to move it?" it was his turn to look funny and he walked away.

when I reported this back at the table the gay cousin and his boyfriend howled with laughter.

he said, "That means he wants to take you home!" everyone was rolling in their seats.

I felt major shrinkage in my boxers.

I just sat there with a creepy feeling and took a big swig of my drink.
 Walts
Msg: 103
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/22/2017 2:07:41 PM
Gnomes are creepy.

Unless of course you stole them your self, and placed them in the appropriate spots.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 104
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/22/2017 2:57:46 PM

To me, creepy, is someone who makes my skin curl.

SKIN "crawls" - that feeling when your hair stands up, or when an insect is crawling on you

When in the proximity of a person, male or female that "gives me the creeps"/ When the hair on the back of my neck, tingles, I have to reach up and smooth down the little hairs on my neck, THAT is "creepy".

It is obvious there are differing opinions, for what a person feels or sees as "being creepy".

For me, it has nothing to do with physical characteristics. Homely / average/ attractive, any one of these "Looks" could make me feel uncomfortable.
As ButterChickenChuck wrote :

had this intense look in his eyes that was pretty scary . Fortunately, for some reason he chose to move on and leave me alone.

He was creeped out by the way someone was looking AT him. That's it! Exactly!

(The Middle School principal I mentioned in an earlier thread, looked at my daughter like a hawk circling it's prey. Made my neck hairs tingle.)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 105
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/22/2017 7:27:39 PM

my girl asked for a drink and I went to the bar. some bearded guy came up to me and whispered in my ear....
"My car's parked behind yours." I thought wtf is this guy talking about and how does he know where my car is?
I gave him a funny look and all I could think of was to say, "Do you want me to move it?" it was his turn to look funny and he walked away.

when I reported this back at the table the gay cousin and his boyfriend howled with laughter.

he said, "That means he wants to take you home!" everyone was rolling in their seats.

I felt major shrinkage in my boxers.

Does that mean you were sporting a boner right up until then?
 forumslady
Msg: 106
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/22/2017 7:33:08 PM
halcyon skies- I wondered the same thing. ^^^^^^
I wonder how he's going to answer? :D
(ps- If I go to a gay bar, I can't complain if women hit on me. Gay people go to gay bars because they expect gay people to be there, I mean DUH!)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 107
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/22/2017 11:51:17 PM

It's not your or anyone else's place to tell another person what they should feel comfortable with.

Oh yes, exactly. It's not anyone's place to tell my uncle that he should not be so uncomfortable around people he finds out are gay at work, or those wearing green (long story, has to deal with college football). He should be as uncomfortable as he wants and nobody to comment on anything, regardless of how baseless he seems to be viewing/judging others. ;)

Does that mean you were sporting a boner right up until then?

I think it's more like curling up like a freightened turtle -- like getting out of a pool (see Seinfeld episode). I would have laughed and felt flattered -- and just more motivated to touch the gal I was with after sharing the story, without any risk of being awkward. Hey, there's an idea for a date at a restaurant/bar -- having a friend pretend he's gay come up to you and hit on you, the gal seeing that, and then having an excuse to open up to show the heterosexuality. I gotta jot this one down...

I've heard creepy thrown around a lot when a guy likes a girl but she doesn't like him, he's creepy for liking her.

That's basically it. It is uncomfortable when someone in a social group likes you and you don't like them while you feel solidly of their league in some sense (higher/better) Or a deal-breaker known about them, and you can read they (seem to) still like you, even if they're not trying to hit on you or anything. Especially for gals in this situation of the one not interested, uncomfortability translates into a creepy effect... which to be fair, has a very similar effect in general. Because the Situation has it's creepiness to it, but I think that translates into the Person being kinda creepy when one doesn't want to feel like they're too uppity, critical, etc.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 108
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 3:53:22 AM

I wonder how he's going to answer? :D

my penis is very much like a Superhero. it has two identities like Clark Kent and Superman.

after this experience I found out he has a third one.
he was in his Clark Kent mode at the bar and when sitting at the table thinking of what gay men do he pulled his head inward like a scared turtle and became....

The Cowardly Lion!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 109
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 4:09:30 AM
Msg 117......first part of your post......perfect

What a crazy world we live in when straight men are seen as creepy for chatting to/up straight women.
If I chatted a straight woman up in a gay bar and she was ok about it but creeped out by a straight man doing the same, I'd find her a little strange.....wouldn't be 'creeped out' though......I've had a rough upbringing (seen an awful lot of stranger things) :)
 gtomustang
Msg: 110
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:24:44 AM
1) my BFF works in the prisons, and meets serial killers, and points out that few are as charming as say, Hannibal Lector. Most are such whiny loser creeps, she figures the only person getting into a van with them are the prostitutes who totally need the cash (how sad to get slaughtered over such desperation). That said, most of the "successful" killers are in fact, ranked as attractive..and the rest as charming

http://www.ranker.com/list/charming-serial-killers/mike-rothschild

2) if someone's uncomfortable, they're uncomfortable. Like I posted before, a pickup line can make one girl laugh, another hide under the table, and turn on a third. I've worked with pretty, young girls who got used to being hit on by older men. It was only the ones who hung around and stared, that creeped them out. But she told me the story of one contractor working at the house of a friend who came onto her with a story about getting married too soon and not dating women like her and offering her money to go upstairs and rock his world. She took it as a compliment (but it was only $200, probably about a day's pay for him but a week's for her).

3) regardless of why someone's creeped out, if they are, the two of you aren't a good match, and that's all there is to it.
 south_city
Msg: 111
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 7:50:46 AM

Yeah, I dismiss men who try to dictate what women should or should not find creepy. It's not your or anyone else's place to tell another person what they should feel comfortable with.

In some cases I would disagree. Would it be okay to be uncomfortable among co-workers that happen to be gay, Asian, Jewish etc and make assumptions / accusations about them without any concrete evidence?
 GoodLord1
Msg: 112
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 7:56:25 AM
I agree^^^^

gto said:

I've worked with pretty, young girls who got used to being hit on by older men

the closest I ever got creeped out from young pretty girls was when my tanning salon (At The Beach Tanning) was one of the weekly sponsors at a popular dance club in Youngstown, Ohio, near the Pennsylvania border in 2005. we did T-Shirt, tanning packages and drink giveaways.

it would go something like this: the DJ would say "the first person to show me an PA driver's license gets 3 free tans." he would direct the winner to my chair at the bar. I had a pretty young woman who didn't win anything bug me for a half hour to buy her and her girlfriend a drink. when I said I like it to be my idea when I buy a woman a drink she just kept staring at me in disbelief. she came over several times to see if I had changed my mind and just hung around me.

after she asked for the 10th time I said, "OK, I'LL BUY YOU A DRINK. she smiled in triumph...BUT YOU BUY THE FIRST ROUND AND I'LL BUY THE SECOND." that shut her up.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 113
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 12:39:04 PM

In some cases I would disagree. Would it be okay to be uncomfortable among co-workers that happen to be gay, Asian, Jewish etc and make assumptions / accusations about them without any concrete evidence?

I'm referring to the topic: off-putting behavior that could be construed as creepy. That's not to say I condone racial, ethnic or religious stereotyping. wtf? The first two sentences of that paragraph you quoted were specifically referring to why women may be triggered by seemingly "harmless" men due to past trauma. Cherry-picking my points and turning them into something else isn't productive.

GTO, again, gets it. Not every woman is going to react to the same flirtations the same way.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 114
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:07:21 PM

if someone's uncomfortable, they're uncomfortable

Very true.
Once 'Creeped Out', it takes darn near all your spare time, effort, and liquor in the cabinet to un-creepify someone.

And yet someone can GET Creeped Out from nothing more than exhaling air the wrong way.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 115
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 2:58:35 PM

As ButterChickenChuck wrote :

had this intense look in his eyes that was pretty scary . Fortunately, for some reason he chose to move on and leave me alone.

He was creeped out by the way someone was looking AT him. That's it! Exactly!

Ladyinred, again, gets it !
 Ouija2025
Msg: 116
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 5:15:54 PM
AS I said, creepy people KNOW they are creepy, they just hope they can intimate and brow beat someone.
The person who stands too close
The person who simply won't accept a polite no thanks
The lip lickers. You can, if you in tune, see their creep aura
The single men old dudes ogling young things on the Beach
List it pretty long.
I have been hit on by gay women, I say no, not an issue. Guys. sheesh.. short of using Mace they think your No means try harder.
Oh
And using pet names.
" hello Sunshine"
shudder
 sun___flower
Msg: 117
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:24:22 PM
^^^
AS I said, creepy people KNOW they are creepy

+1
 gtomustang
Msg: 118
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 6:44:51 PM
yes, the continuously creepy know it, and aren't worried about what their prey think. Unless its made public. Like bullies, they prefer to work in silence and away from attention. The person or group who stands up to these bullies, ends the behavior. Perhaps, best known by the phrase:

"hey....smile"
 south_city
Msg: 119
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 7:35:19 PM

I'm referring to the topic: off-putting behavior that could be construed as creepy. That's not to say I condone racial, ethnic or religious stereotyping. wtf? The first two sentences of that paragraph you quoted were specifically referring to why women may be triggered by seemingly "harmless" men due to past trauma. Cherry-picking my points and turning them into something else isn't productive.

Including your entire statement on msg 92 does not have change my viewpoint. I simply used religion, sexual orientation, and race instead of gender as examples. Suppose a woman was abused by someone that was Asian or Jewish. Or a man was abused by a gay man. Thus they become wary / afraid / uncomfortable with these groups because of past experiences.

As a result, perhaps a co-worker or a neighbor that did nothing wrong gets labeled as "creepy" just because (s)he had some similar traits or mannerisms as the abuser. That can cause unnecessary conflicts.
 GoodLord1
Msg: 120
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/23/2017 9:45:44 PM

i'm hearing impaired and I have to watch myself or I will stand close to a soft talker.
I didn't realize it until a few years ago when a friend mentioned it. I felt embarrassed.

what some see as creepy may be an impairment of some kind.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 121
view profile
History
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:25:21 AM

AS I said, creepy people KNOW they are creepy, they just hope they can intimate and brow beat someone.

I don't agree. When one knows it -- they're not a creepy Person, they just know they're Being what can constitute as 'creepy' at the time. Creepy People may know that they go by the beat of their own drum, but usually don't realize that they are truly Creepy.

Well, you are a cute gal. I can see many guys doing that when you waltz into a bar all dolled up, though...

The lip lickers. You can, if you in tune, see their creep aura

See above. :)

The single men old dudes ogling young things on the Beach

But how does that make them a creepy person when it's OK for non-old dudes to do the same?

The person who simply won't accept a polite no thanks

I agree -- although sometimes it's a Simple "no thanks" -- which in certain situations Isn't polite, but has the window dressing of being polite. Depends on the situation between the two.

Guys. sheesh.. short of using Mace they think your No means try harder.

Hey, it's either Yes or No. 50/50 chance! Girls don't like quitters... Us guys like to spin the wheel again! :)

And using pet names.
" hello Sunshine"

Okay, that's a little sensitive, though, isn't it? Say a hot guy at work you've exchanged a few words with before in a break room is passing you in an empty hallway early in the day, and he says "Hello Sunshine," are you really going to shudder? :) Now, replace it with a straight-up but old, worn out, unattractive guy with a squeaky voice doing it. One's creepy and the other's not -- why? Because one's attractive & the other's not. Always goes back to my original point: We can end up erroneously judge things different ways merely by how attractive we find them.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 122
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/24/2017 11:52:35 AM
Doesn't matter hot or not if I don't know they and they call me Sunshine
Old men hanging around beaches to stare at young girls bodies? creep o meter 11
Of course they know because that type of behaviour has earned them being told they are creepy on more than one occassion.
Frotteurism and Toucherism not acceptable behaviour. Too close standers usually the second
 Nestaron
Msg: 123
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/24/2017 12:01:27 PM
I looked in the mirror and that was pretty creepy. The mirror scares me those poor women I date, talk to and even had sex with what were they thinking.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 124
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/24/2017 1:17:42 PM
Paul Ryan's Ears = CREEPY a la Dumbo
 GoodLord1
Msg: 125
What is Creepy?
Posted: 3/24/2017 10:02:13 PM

Old men hanging around beaches to stare at young girls bodies? creep o meter 11

it's creepy to STARE wantonly at the young ladies bikini clad bodies but how about if they check out old ladies bodies??? creep o meter 12

OR

how about just a quick glance?
Spring Break is ending on Clearwater Beach and you'll see women with bare butts and abused breasts squished and pushed up into their chins. some have the breasts extended out like hors d'oeuvres on a tray.

look but don't stare!

by the way, we have women walking around here with jean shorts cut so high i have no idea how they hide their labia.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is Creepy?