Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Would you date a felon or someone on probation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LOLTrump
Msg: 101
Would you date a felon or someone on probation?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

A woman is better off dating a convict than a loser like you

See, no need to be angry, you still might have a chance.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Would you date a felon or someone on probation?
Posted: 4/15/2017 10:22:29 PM
clooneys,
only if they are attractive...... some girls like the bad boys, gives an edge to the whole thing and a sense of danger that can be a turn on for some women...depends on their upbringing and sense of self esteem..
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2017 10:27:01 PM
renissance

why dont you be the mature one and stop all the mud slinging. This a forum where we are supposedly exchanging ideas and information.
 Nestaron
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/15/2017 11:06:23 PM
Aww rats I have a criminal record didn't know it was a prerequisite for dating I will never get laid again. Who made up that as a rule and where was I when it was invented. Cant tell me you like the leather jacket, ripped jeans, rock t-shirt bad ass and then refuse to date me after I did that hyprocrite. :P

Yes I have a criminal record but you cant see it I was a minor....hahahaha

Okay maybe my warnings for having sex in public might still be on record stupid law that one. No sex in public places pfftt ruined my life now I can only have sex at home. Wait never mind need a women to do that my criminal history says I wont get one.

Surprise hahahha
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2017 2:52:53 AM
letitialegrande

why dont you be the mature one and stop all the mud slinging. This a forum where we are supposedly exchanging ideas and information.

Yay... why me? I dont know how many times Ive tried to keep to topic, and not just here.
Seems I have someone preoccupied with flaming. Hes pissed because I keep burning him.
Interesting... you must be able to see that Ive been constantly attacked, yet you only have something to say to me. What, afraid to incite the troll?
Or are you really... just looking to flame me further?
Ive even recently said,
Men say yes way faster is a good one and one Id normally both agree with and want to discuss why... but...
meh.
I see some fresh paint. Im going to go watch it dry.
More fum than this.

Perhaps youre not following or understanding this statement?
Men would be more likely to date a woman who's a felon or on probation, as ouija said... but I said hell with discussing that anyways, as its just going to get trolled, flamed, and railroaded anyways.

This a forum where we are supposedly exchanging ideas and information.

Yeah, no shit. Ive been trying, as have others. Perhaps you should save you shit for the actual flamers.
Jus sayin.
I.. could, and should.. follow your advice, starting with YOU and ignoring your one sided chiding bullshit.

Aww rats I have a criminal record didn't know it was a prerequisite for dating I will never get laid again. Who made up that as a rule and where was I when it was invented. Cant tell me you like the leather jacket, ripped jeans, rock t-shirt bad ass and then refuse to date me after I did that hypocrite. :P

Hahaha slick.
Yep, sorry Nesta, if you were a bad boy, no nookie for you. You are to 'pay' for whatever mistakes you made for the rest of your life.
You cojld always become a monk hahaha
No, just dind a woman with a criminal record. But then again... who knows how deep their hypocrisies go.
But dont be double standards... you cant expect a woman to fu┬ęk like a whore if she looks or acts like a whore.
Or expect a whore to become a housewife.
I hope you dont consider women who give it up easy or are into 'casual sex' whores. If so, theres a lotta whores out there lmao
Theres a comparison.... a man with a record for breaking the law, or a woman with a record for being an easy lay...
Hmmmm...
Guess there will always be a demand if a supply is so readily available.
Sliiiick
Anyhoots...
Maybe a pardon will help your hardon hahahaha

Just be careful... if might stand on the wrong foot and be facing the wrong direction at the wrong time, and find yourself even further disqualified lol
 spot4username
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2017 5:21:33 PM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot have I just read?

It was like I was browsing on A mazon and happened upon the preview for a very poorly written self-published book.

On topic my knee jerk answer is no but my I have lived over 50 years on this rock and seen some sh!t answer is I would take it on a case by case basis.
 Vannili
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2017 12:05:15 AM

would you date a felon or someone o probation ?

I am not desperately dying yet for a man, to date a felon or someone on probation on what ever crime the committed.
LOL.
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/22/2017 1:14:59 PM
I put this as a preference on my profile "No Felons, multiple DUI" and it seems to attract them. I got a few messages from different guys that wrote to lecture me about this preference.

Things like,
" Oh, you're missing out!"
"I've changed!"
"I had two DUI, but that was 10 years ago!"
"A recovering alcoholic is much safer than a regular guy, because he is working on his sobriety in therapy!"
"I've found the Lord!"

They are trying to shame me to see if I will cave-in and say ok.

But in reality, they are doing me a favor by over-reacting, because then I just block them.

If I read on someones profile that I don't fit their particular interests, I don't go looking for an argument with them about it. There are plenty of other fish in the sea.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/22/2017 2:18:58 PM

But in reality, they are doing me a favor by over-reacting, because then I just block them.

The real reality is, when people put what they do not want, it just makes it easier for people to manipulate them.

Example: If you post a shirtless pic in your bathroom do not bother to contact me.

So a guy that would normally do that see your message and takes down his photo and then contacts you.

So now a guy who would normally post that kind of photo slips past because you warned him about ahead of time.

Scammers and con artists love that, and why it is easy to prey of people who tell them exactly what role to play to gain their trust.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/23/2017 10:59:21 AM

There are plenty of other fish in the sea.

There is still that mercury poisoning problem.
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/23/2017 1:07:17 PM
I understand what you are saying, but it sure does save me some detective work when they come right out in defense of their past. The nice thing about living in Wisconsin is we can look someone up online because our state has a (free) court access website.

For the sake of conversation, I also don't care for the shirtless picture. Not to many guys my age have a decent bod for going shirtless. Indoor shirtless pics are the worst. Bathroom selfies are a close second.

If they do have a nice bod, they work out all day, everyday and that is really boring to me.

I also have a dislike for guys who wear skulls on their clothing, skull tattoos. I dated one guy that had a creepy Joker from the Graphix Bong company tatted on his chest. That was the end of that.
 Nestaron
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/23/2017 4:57:44 PM
Got my pardon but a criminal record for walking along a path that had been there for years owner died, new owner started charging people for trespassing who had been walking there for decades. Rather then put a sign or fence up?

Jumping off a bridge into water attempted suicide? Wth interesting concept now it's just fine it wasn't 20 years ago. You cant jump there now as the water had been lowered to see bottom.

Having sex in the woods while camping a police officer happened to pass by to make sure everything's okay and it's a charge. Let me see if I understand that one police saw us enter woods with sleep bags decided to check on us later and charged us. lol

Yeah it should really hurt my dating life... Isn't it shocking what can get you a record.
 south_city
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2017 9:11:29 PM
It depends on the circumstances. Such as the type of crime and how long ago it happened. Perhaps a person did something stupid many years ago when they were a teenager or in their early 20s. Such as receiving stolen property, sale or possession of counterfeit cigarettes, wrote a bad check, dealing drugs etc. Depending on the state, these things can be a felony. They got caught, did the time, and have a clean record since then. I would think that they have matured and learned from their past mistakes.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2017 10:24:34 PM
I had a first meet with a guy who admitted being a felon, many years ago. Stuff he did over 30 years ago. Yeah, I'm old and so was he. I started thinking, well, it was a long time ago, maybe.
Then he saw some people in the parking lot thru the restaurant window. He explained to me that they were meeting there to sell/buy a car. And he pointed out that the buyer had a wad of cash in his pocket. All this he deduced from watching the people for a few minutes.
That convinced me that he still thought like a crook. He still observed as if looking for a victim.
So no. No date after the first meet.
 tryingcake
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2017 11:34:12 PM

It depends on what the felony was. In my area in one college town every arrest where MJ is found results in them being booked for a 5 degree felony for possession. In most other places it is a misdemeanor possessions charge. I think the town funds something based on every college student in possession they book. And we're one of the legalized MJ states.

I agree- it depends. My brother has a sexual offence on his record for dating a girl two years younger when he was 19. At the time it was a crime. Now it isn't. There are a lot of felons out there with what are now simple MJ charges.

So it depends. Multiple DUIs? No way! Bank robbery, nu-uh. Rape? Not even on a bet.

But the stuff I mentioned and the circumstances I mentioned. Yes, I would.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2017 12:08:40 AM
I see a lot of comments using the term 'depends on the circumstances'. Im assuming that you'll at least take the time to find out what they are?
Thats...pretty fair, and all really anyone can ask.

Heres a purely hypothetical question:
You have two men to pick. Both have records.
Once did 3 years, the other got 4.
Who would you choose if you had to choose one?
The guy that got three years? Got it for perjury. The guy that got four? Aggravated assault for stabbing someone.
Is this enough data to work with, to make a choice?
If so...who would you choose? You gotta pick one.
If not...what more would you need to know?
 Nestaron
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/26/2017 1:46:05 AM
I wouldn't choose cause I dont swing that way. But hypothetical questions can be misleading, perjury is just what it says, need to know why the person stabbed someone. Liar over a guy who stabbed someone for protecting a woman from a beating, and maybe she was pregnant, and he knew she was, so he attacks the guy with a knife, not to kill, but to save a life. The situation is relevant to the reason a person can use knife even to protect someone and still be charged because the other person was weaponless. But a liar who commits perjury is doing so on to undermine the justice system and manipulate it and shouldn't be tolerated.

My opinion dont count though. :P
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2017 2:21:33 AM
Nesta...your opinionof your opinion is yours,not mine.

You ask 'why'? Kudos.
Thats the question pwople need ro ask.
The assault...lets say...the lerson was attacked and pulled the knife in self defence, and during the struggle a third party drop kicked the two that were strugging, causing a non fatal cut that could have gone unattended for weeks as nothing but skin and fat was cut.
The perjurer? Yeah, he lied.
He was initially charged for kidnapping and raping a 14 year old girl for three days, but was acquitted on technical shit, but was later tried and convicted for perjury when they later found he had video recorded the rapes.

Note who got the longer sentence. Neither had any priors.
My point here is ya cant judge til ya know ALL the details.
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/26/2017 6:48:59 AM
If I had to chose either one I'd choose none.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2017 6:51:54 AM
^^^^ once again... you miss the point.
No longer surprising
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2017 7:41:37 PM

I agree- it depends. My brother has a sexual offence on his record for dating a girl two years younger when he was 19.

What state was that in? Age of consent in NC, like many states is 16. And apparently in NC, sex with someone 12-15 years of age is cool as long as you're no more than 3 years older than them. Of course, that's current law. Although, back in the day, way back, they tended to be more lax.

And from what I've heard though, sex with anyone in the common 16 or 17 age-of-constent realm -- if they even have the Hint of being convinced into it by the 18+ person, they go after them (and sometimes if the parents claim it was against their policies).
 SilverWings2017
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/27/2017 8:28:11 PM
Jesus Christ, Renaissance. Stop making this all about you.
 sandwater
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/29/2017 9:31:35 AM
Too many variables to immediately say yes or no. I would need to find out more information before making a decision.
 RenissanceMan68
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2017 1:57:44 PM
^^^^^
Exactly. As always, knowledge is the key. Ascertain the variables before judging or drawing conclusions.
 Seki1949
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2017 11:15:31 PM

This a forum where we are supposedly exchanging ideas and information.

Wrong forum here. The forum you seek for the exchange of ideas and information is second star to the right and straight on until dawn.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Would you date a felon or someone on probation?