Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Would you date a felon or someone on probation?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 126
Would you date a felon or someone on probation?Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Too many variables to immediately say yes or no. I would need to find out more information before making a decision

Maybe.
But I'd still start out on the side of no.
Serving time in the big house isn't a little thing.
 south_city
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Would you date a felon or someone on probation?
Posted: 5/1/2017 8:42:34 PM

Maybe.
But I'd still start out on the side of no.
Serving time in the big house isn't a little thing.

The point is there are different felony levels and what is considered a felony can vary from state to state. I think there is a huge difference between someone that was in jail 20-30 years ago for receiving stolen property or being a low level drug dealer and has a model citizen since then. Compared to someone that was in jail for rape.
 gtomustang
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Would you fall over a felon?
Posted: 5/2/2017 5:25:14 AM
not everyone goes in for the same crime

not everyone gets "institutionalized" or learns behaviors/beliefs from their peers inside.

we shouldn't judge people on their looks or background

yet those who can choose from different partners on the internet....will always choose what they want.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/2/2017 1:45:13 PM
Jeepers, what world are you living in?
People are judged everyday about everything.
We shouldn't do a lot of things, yet here we are.

What does that mean those who can choose from different
partners on the internet will always choose what they want?
Does that mean some of us can not choose what we want?

It's like you're saying those of us that are unattractive or
overweight, or short or tall or whatever should or have to
settle for less than what they want?

Say it isn't so!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 130
Posted: 5/2/2017 2:58:35 PM
Well on dating sites you are judged by looks.. else no one would have up pictures. This isn't going to be another " it is what's inside that counts moment is it? Backgrounds play a role in shaping the person - kinda hard to not pay that any mind.
HCA didn't write about a beautiful bird turning into an ugly duck :/
 gtomustang
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2017 5:48:40 PM
I live in the real world, I just can't always make it follow the instruction booklet :) We are all supposed to be good little Christians, not judge books by their cover, always turn the other cheek, always give each person a chance. But in reality...those who don't want to date a felon, won't choose to date one. That may be judgemental, but its what works out for them. There are people who won't date people who drink a lot, just in case they are alcoholics. We all stay inside our comfort zone, and in the end, its what best.

for once, I wasn't making it about looks :)

even when we don't have other options, we still have the choice to say no to someone we don't feel comfortable around. it may not be the "right" thing to do, the polite thing to do, the Pollyanna thing to do. If i'm interested in someone and they don't like cars and that's somehow an issue to them b/c a car ran over their child or something...they shouldn't date me. it may seem like a silly reason, but we aren't a good match and that's that.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 132
Posted: 5/2/2017 5:57:47 PM

else no one would have up pictures.

Works for me.

Read about them first without the distraction of pictures.

If you like what you read, go for the pic.

If you don't like what you read, is a pic going to matter?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/2/2017 6:00:20 PM

Well on dating sites you are judged by looks.. else no one would have up pictures. This isn't going to be another " it is what's inside that counts moment is it? Backgrounds play a role in shaping the person - kinda hard to not pay that any mind.

The thing is, the judging is arbitrary because it is all subjective.

We do not have a choice over who we are attracted to, so why should we think it is a bad thing when people act on those instincts?

A picture only starts the engine, but it can not keep it going, as we can get turned off by many other variables that may or may not be present or detectable on a dating profile.

HCA didn't write about a beautiful bird turning into an ugly duck :/

That is because the producers did not have enough money to pay for the full story.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/3/2017 5:46:22 AM
Ha! Yea right because a monster with a castle who punishes people who take his flowers.....
Hey he's 6' 4" :/
One day Fullmoonguy will post his picture, it will turn out that he is my Jason and we'll live happily ever after on a houseboat
 activemelaney
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2017 2:01:26 PM
'I have noticed there are a lot of men on this site who are felons or have multiple DUI/OWI on their record. Personally, I think it's a bad idea, but I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions. Thanks.'

Curious. How did you notice all of these guys? Ten of them? Three dozen?

Are they using their mug shot and you find these going through public records? My brother is a retired police officer and in the past he offered to check out on a few guys for me if I wanted...but he has connections. I'm not sure how you scroll through profiles and find the box checked... 'Do you have any prior felons?'.

Anyways. Answer...absolutely no. Never. For someone to be a convicted felon it is not likely the only offense they committed (caught for). And... many first time charges are pleaded down or dismissed. To have an actual felon on a criminal record is not usually an 'oops' moment. In my state about 5% have a felony conviction...so don't buy the argument that 'it can happen to anyone'. Most males never get more than a speeding ticket.

One may give a bit of wiggle room to a person you have known in life...hire him to fix the roof. But I'm sure not going to give an inch to a complete stranger with a criminal record and 'meet him' for even a two minute date in public.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2017 7:18:15 PM
Nope, not dating a criminal. When you see these guys that move from state to state or they're "new" to your state, they may be running from something. I'm cautious with those people.
 DirteeJohn
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:46 PM
What if he's generous and not cheap?
 from site to sight
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:28:23 AM
A felon might be generous enough to shower a woman with expensive jewelry-as long as she's willing to drive the getaway car after a "visit" to the jewelry store.
 spot4username
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 6:05:55 AM
^^^
I'm an excellent driver.

What time is Judge Wapner?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 10:14:35 AM
Hmmm, if a guy was in for embezzlement and still had the money hidden, sign me up:)
 DirteeJohn
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2017 10:20:14 AM
^^^
Cash is a mighty aphrodisiac to this one...
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 9:12:41 AM
Ummmm, nope, no how, no way.
I usta be a TDCJ Corrections Officer. why on Gods Green Earth would i want to date an offender, even after he got out, and has served his time.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 12:32:06 PM
Texas Chick, some women have the worst judgment and are just desperate. I think some focus on men in prison. Then you have the extra crazy women that marry men who are still in jail, like with that Mendendez brother, and so many others. I know COs, and they say how the inmates will pick someone who is more literate to write messages to women they scam.
 activemelaney
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2017 4:37:17 PM
My brother used to say that 95% of the people they arrested were just 'stupid'...as in low IQ, mental issues, fried brains from drugs, etc. The other 5% were master manipulators. Among those manipulator is where the evil if found. They can charm anyone and can never ever be trusted. 'But he seems like such a nice guy. ...He was going through some hard times....it was 15 years ago...he was a victim of abuse...he didnt mean to do wht he did..'

We all root for the con to reform but it is rarely thecase and those of us who are outside of thesystem are not capable of seeing the evil in the person that is smiling across the table from us. Lonely, desperate women are easy marks because they 'want to believe' he has turned his life around.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/25/2017 5:26:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6voHeEa3ig
but Weird Al did it better :)
 ndm147
Msg: 146
Posted: 6/26/2017 2:07:23 PM
I was just talking to a guy who had a perfectly nice profile. I told him he lives too far away and I would not drive to meet him. If he wanted to meet me, it would be in a public place and he could get a hotel for the night ( not coming to my house). He said he could do that. Then I find out that he has a felony conviction for assault in a bar defending his brother. The tale went on and on. He is now out of prison, but his credit is ruined, he can't get a job because of the conviction. He does not have a car because he is legally blind in one eye and can't drive. He is waiting on a large check for disability from social security. He was gainfully employed for many years in IT. Then he tells me that he hates to ask but could I help him with something. I knew immediately that it was about money. He was getting evicted from his apartment and could not pay the rent; could I help him? I told him no, no and no. Just $500.00 dollars and a repayment of twice as much. I realize that people get down on their luck at times.... I thought of all the people he could contact for help: facebook friends, his brother, his family, people who lived in the complex that could help out. He finally claimed he contacted an old girlfriend and she was going to visit him and pay his rent for two months. Probably true.... but my point is if you have a network of friends and family, why beg to complete strangers on here for money.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 4:20:51 PM

If he wanted to meet me, it would be in a public place and he could get a hotel for the night ( not coming to my house). He said he could do that. Then I find out that he has a felony conviction for assault in a bar defending his brother. The tale went on and on. He is now out of prison, but his credit is ruined, he can't get a job because of the conviction. He does not have a car because he is legally blind in one eye and can't drive. He is waiting on a large check for disability from social security. He was gainfully employed for many years in IT. Then he tells me that he hates to ask but could I help him with something. I knew immediately that it was about money. He was getting evicted from his apartment and could not pay the rent; could I help him? I told him no, no and no.

And yet, HE got the POF message AND he got an offer of a live meet.

Did he have a nice picture, too?

I was just talking to a guy who had a perfectly nice profile.

Now, what is that old saying?

Oh yes:

"Appearances can be deceiving".

why beg to complete strangers on here for money.

So that I can be entertained by the endless SMH stories?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2017 6:24:04 PM
Ndm, I believe 10% of his story, the part about him being a criminal. He said the ex is paying 2 months rent to show it's acceptable to give him money and that he deserves it. No one is paying his rent, he's just scamming women on POF. I hope he can't do a reverse search on your number to see where you live if you spoke over the phone. That's why it's good to vet a guy before spreaking on the phone. You can get a lot of info from a phone number.
 activemelaney
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2017 10:59:56 AM
'Felony conviction for assault in a bar defending brother?

Ya sure. Ha! Ha!

Yup, that's why the judge sent him to prison. His shortened version of the story is like saying Hitler wasn't so bad but only skipped out on paying his gas bill due to unforeseen issues.

What most people dont understand is that it is not easy to be sent to prison. Many of us with no priors could rob a bank and not be sent to prison if we acted contrite and agreed to some lesser offense due to decreased judgement at the time because of life circumstance.

LOLTrump
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/27/2017 11:32:38 AM

Then I find out that he has a felony conviction for assault in a bar defending his brother. The tale went on and on. He is now out of prison, but his credit is ruined, he can't get a job because of the conviction. He does not have a car because he is legally blind in one eye and can't drive. He is waiting on a large check for disability from social security. He was gainfully employed for many years in IT.

Interesting story and very coincidentally it sounds similar to someone who posts on these boards.

Either way, if someone tells you they can not drive because they are blind in one eye, they are lying to you, as only having one eye is not grounds for refusal of a license.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Would you date a felon or someone on probation?