Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Old vs new music      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JS3344
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Old vs new musicPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Glad you discovered that Cooldog, he wrote every damn song! Check this out, the Carpenters doing a Bacharach medley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2uIMRgMm8c
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 27
Old vs new music
Posted: 5/29/2017 3:03:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7QGIvt3x8
OMG this video is too funny...the radical feminists trying to hold a note;)...Look at those happy faces full of hate...They look like every guys nightmare!!! They would scare Dracula, the wolfman and Frankenstein away...the horror..those bitter man hating puff adders need to find a padded cell and remain in it for eternity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNHx5GI1KQE
On second thoughts, I think the puff adder looks friendlier
 cooldog65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 7/24/2017 10:43:53 AM
One girl group that always had great harmonies was the Chiffons.

They were known for songs like "He's So Fine", "One Fine Day", and "Sweet Talkin' Guy".

Just ran into this underrated gem by them from 1965 with Sylvia Peterson on lead instead of Judy Craig who sang lead on the previously mentioned songs

https://youtu.be/uiyGJrFUNMk
 Tayfire
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 7/28/2017 12:56:26 PM
I like a mixture of both, but a lot of the newer stuff by older artists.

Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression.
Motorhead - Bad Magic
PIL - What the World Needs.
Billy Gibbons and the BFG's - Perfectamundo (Blues, Jazz, Funk, Latin)
AC/DC - Rock or Bust
Status quo- Live at The Roundhouse (Aquostic)
 ThePigOfYourDreams
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 8/5/2017 5:10:51 AM

There has always been good music out there for everyone regardless of what genre appeals to them, but you have to pull your head out of the fog of nostalgia and look for it. My musical tastes are all over the map, but progressive rock and metal (new age and orchestral coming a close second) have always been dearest to me, both of which have never actually died, and have expanded into many sub-genres.

I love the classic stuff as much as anyone else, but it's not very "progressive" to choose being stuck in a particular era. The older music will always be there to revisit at any time. 2016 (and early 2017) was a monumentally devastating year for the progressive genre with legends like Keith Emerson, Greg Lake, and John Wetton all dying. All unique and irreplaceable talents, but the proverbial torch still needs to be carried.
 meowzing
Msg: 31
Old vs new music
Posted: 8/5/2017 8:46:24 PM
I've been listening to country again here lately, but in NY the radio selections are quite limited. Rediscovering that radio's still play music, I found a non-profit station that mixes genre's by the hour. I'm not too picky when it comes to music, just so long as its not too loud. My hearing has certainly been effected by my past stupidity, and I now wear filtering ear plugs when in clubs or at concerts.

I would like to see new blues artists writing more original material instead of playing old tunes. Shoot even Mick Jagger still writes and plays the blues.
 dark_ankh
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 8/20/2017 6:35:34 PM
I really like 80's top 40 music.

The mainstream then seemed a lot more varied than the tripe we get for pop today.
 JS3344
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 8/21/2017 9:38:27 PM
^^^ me too! After listening to a wide variety of unpopular music all my life, I've been listening to 80's radio at work and dig the hell out of it. Early Madonna b sides, hall n oates, heart, chicago/cetera, m.jackson. Its really interesting how guitar players had to take a back seat to keyboard dominated tunes, but were still employed for a wild solo......
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 9/4/2017 3:21:03 PM
Am I the only one to consider that as far as the " rock " genre goes, it's all been done. There are some decent "recycles" ( Alice in Chains as a decent recycle of Sabbath, for example ), but otherwise....as a Bostonian would say....fahget about it
 Inicia
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 10/28/2017 7:23:47 AM
Well, I am in a minority- I love finding new music-artist, sometimes even in languages I do not know- I like eclectic and world beat- diverse beats, tempos, and instruments- depends on my mood- Often do like older stuff with which to sing or dance. Not fond of old country, opera, jazz can be a bit discordant for me. I do like some of the newer country- a lot of the old country music is too " crying in my beer" however, I do like Johnny Cash-Prefer female country artist- but available country stations in my area-play a dearth of female artists.
Newer artist- awol Nation, Avett Brothers, Joe Hertler and Rainbow Seekers, The Zombies, Kesha(newer stuff), older faves Killers, leanord cohen, Steve forbert, ani Difranco has been around over 20 yrs- she is still writing songs and producing albums- her label " righteous babe records" produces artist who fail the commercialized hype. 88.1 WYCE is a favorite station on net and FM- play many unknown. Favorite genres Blues, rock and roll, dance-techno, even rap Blues style folk, Zydeco. Lot of Reggae and African styles.
 whosmeow
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 11/8/2017 8:59:57 PM
^I'm a blues fan myself, and like the newer stuff by artists like The Ben Rice Trio found around the festival circuit. I get tired of listening to the same old thing, so I will agree with you on the international front. Being from Greek decent I do like a Euro influence.
 Cynderella
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Old vs new music
Posted: 11/30/2017 3:46:02 AM
I love the old....but always open
to good new.
The song "Prayin" by Kesha
Music that moves me.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Old vs new music