Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LOLTrump
Msg: 226
The Democratic LeaderPage 10 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

You're not American, Frank. Your opinion doesn't count....no seat at the table....and....NO VOTE!

No foreign influences in our elections, please! :)

FYI numpty I can and do vote in US elections.

Holy cow! Are you saying that President Trump has the power pass and sign legislation all by himself?

Yep just as predicted she has attempted to deflect.

I wonder if she can answer this:

What lie of the ones that tRump has told do you feel is the worst?
 Kj521
Msg: 227
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:16:23 PM
FYI numpty I can and do vote in US elections."

Ooooh!Thanks for the info Frank!

See....I had you pegged for an expat on the run from the law hiding out in Nova Scotia. ;) ;)

Only lies I have seen are from you, Frank.....none so far from....OUR....POTUS!

Ps....don't feel bad. People tend to tell me things. :)

LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 228
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:23:56 PM

Msg: 232
Holy cow! Are you saying that President Trump has the power pass and sign legislation all by himself?

Pfft! What a stupid question! Hahaha!

Republicans control the Presidency, the House, and the Senate. Let me translate that for you: Six months in, Trump has nothing to show for his presidency .

Obama signed a few major pieces of legislation during the first 100 days of his first term, but they were big ones. The most notable was the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act — that is, the stimulus package. This was an $831 billion investment package, which Obama proposed as a means of stopping the economic bleed caused by the financial crisis. It authorized funding for infrastructure, unemployment benefits, low-income housing, Medicaid, and more. Five years after its passage, conservative and liberal economists agreed that, broadly speaking, it was a success.

Obama signed two other big pieces of legislation during his first 100 days: The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act of 2009. The first law attempted to tackle the gender pay gap by extending the statute of limitations with regard to equal pay lawsuits — that is, making it easier for women to sue employers for paying them less than their male counterparts. The second piece of legislation authorized $35 billion in health care spending, thus expanding health care to around 4 million American children.
These are huge legislative accomplishments. What's even more remarkable is that Obama signed all three bills within one month of taking office.

I'll ask you again, what major piece of legislation has Trump signed that benefit the American people, that has nothing to do with signing executive orders reversing or repealing Obama's policies?
 Kj521
Msg: 229
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:29:26 PM
"Republicans control the Presidency, the House, and the Senate. Let me translate that for you: Six months in, Trump has nothing to show for his presidency . "

Are you sure about that? Take some time to think that through.

Here's a a lovely song to listen to while you do. :)

https://youtu.be/Q2wneBVssPc

vvvv You failed your lesson. And so....you will continue to LOSE elections. So sad. :(
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 230
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:37:34 PM

Msg: 236
Here's a a lovely song to listen to while you do. :)

Deflecting much?... again?

Third time's the charm, what major piece of legislation has Trump signed that benefit the American people, that has nothing to do with signing executive orders reversing or repealing Obama's policies?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 231
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 7:51:49 PM

Only lies I have seen are from you, Frank.....none so far from....OUR....POTUS!

Which one of these was not a lie?

On January 23rd, Trump stated during a meeting with congressional leaders that he lost the popular vote because three to five million unauthorized immigrants voted for Clinton.

About the inauguration crowd, "The field was… It looked like a million, a million and a half people. Whatever it was, it was. But it went all the way back to the Washington Monument."

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

"The murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years, right? Did you know that? 47 years."

"It is a disgrace that my full Cabinet is still not in place, the longest such delay in the history of our country."

About his 'Muslim Ban', "My policy is similar to what President Obama did in 2011 when he banned visas for refugees from Iraq for six months."

"You know, back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism."

About the rain at the inauguration, "I got hit by a couple of drops. And I said, ‘Oh, this is, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it.’ But the truth is that it stopped immediately. It was amazing. And then it became really sunny."

"We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world."

"Never has there been a president... with few exceptions... who's passed more legislation, who's done more things than I have."

When you are done refuting those I got like 25 more.
 Kj521
Msg: 232
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/21/2017 8:10:43 PM
Nice deflection, Frank, from your lies! :)

You can refute all of them but you got to stop relying on #fakenews!

Seek and ye shall find!

Ps. You would have to offer me sufficient motivation to address all that. I really don't like long posts. I get bored.

So...what do you have to offer me to sufficiently motivate me? I need to know what is in it for me. Let's negotiate! :)

And make it good.....not even sure I would expend all that energy for, even, Joe....whom I somewhat respect.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 233
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 2:36:44 AM

Msg: 239
Seek and ye shall find!
Ps. You would have to offer me sufficient motivation to address all that. I really don't like long posts. I get bored.
So...what do you have to offer me to sufficiently motivate me? I need to know what is in it for me. Let's negotiate! :)
And make it good.....not even sure I would expend all that energy for, even, Joe....whom I somewhat respect.

I'll take your deflection as a no-answer to the question. It is a shame you are unable to name one single legislative success from Donald Trump first six months in office.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 234
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:06:22 AM

What is your message going to be? More welfare, abortion, "free college",

"The very spring and root of honesty and virtue lie in good education." — Plutarch

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." — Aristotle

"The foundation of every state is the education of its youth." — Diogenes

"Only the educated are free." — Epictetus

4 famous Greek philosophers all seem to share the same opinion- pro-education

IMO, those who would seek to stifle it would be, as per these philosophers suggest, dis-honest & oppressive. Perfect description of some posters in here ;0P
 Kj521
Msg: 235
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:34:36 AM
Does "free college" = education???

Tell you what. I'll support "free college" when universities are required to accept any student that wishes to attend their their institution. Fair? :)

Jo van
Msg: 236
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:53:47 AM

IMO, those who would seek to stifle it would be, as per these philosophers suggest, dis-honest & oppressive. Perfect description of some posters in here ;0P

Well said.
You forgot Socrates:
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.
-Which also seems to apply, and has been amply demonstrated here.
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 237
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:55:26 AM
One can be educated w/o college & one can go to college & remain un-educated....however...

An emphasis on learning surely cannot hurt & by making it available (freely) it can only help.

This country is still young, in it's infancy & perfection cannot be expected right off the bat.

I dislike that "free college" would be viewed in a negative light.

Even if only 20% of those who attended bettered themselves in some way, it would be worth it.

edit- TY Jo Van
 gtomustang
Msg: 238
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:58:28 AM
"Dems will continue to lose if they continue to run on the message of "we are anti Chump"

>>>this has some truth, and liberals have admitted to this. Now, 48% of Georgia was still willing to accept that message, and 48 is really close to 51% but it isn't 51%. The Dems need to offer something that gets them over 50%.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/5-important-takeaways-georgias-record-breaking-special-election/

"Trump wins b/c his message is..."

>>>oh, the racism and misogyny and anti PC helps, let's not confuse ourselves. Even when the travel bans fail repeatedly. But he is a hype man with a message so simple it fits on the front of a baseball hat. Literally. Any company knows, to sell a product, your pitchline better be simple, small enough to remember, and elicit an emotional response. it has to stick.

American people who don't fall for a 5 second sound bite, who want to know more, don't fall for the Mad Avenue sales pitch, and that's why chump failed at the popular vote. Those who want substance, see that Chump has yet to build anything, just tear down what the black man accomplished like a bully on the beach kicking over sand castles before running off to the golf course on the weekends.

"whether it be national security, jobs, healthcare, infrastructure, etc"

>>>under Obama we killed the leader of 9/11, kept the jobs at GM from gutting the Midwest, got an imperfect healthcare plan that kept more insurance companies in the market (due to predictability) than has run out under the chaos of the GOP picking a new plan, there was a plan to get out of a Republican recession....

"more welfare, abortion, "Free college", more debt, more terrorism, more weak leadership, unisex bathrooms?"

>>>funny about that welfare, Trumpets want their insurance, now they've had a taste of it. Abortion? went down under Obama, partly due to birth control.

http://gawker.com/in-obamas-america-women-finally-stop-aborting-their-b-1514992032

Free college? you already pay for public universities in your own state, Pell Grants, federally-backed student loans; as for debts, everyone's already predicted the debt from Chump tax cuts; as for weak leadership, who wants to be America's ally now the leader can't be trusted to keep a secret or a treaty; as for unisex bathrooms, yes, the majority of americans probably don't care.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 239
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 6:21:31 AM

I agree, I would never rely on Trump's speeches or tweets to refute anything!
 deetristate
Msg: 240
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 6:31:43 AM
Maybe my ex should stop working hard and stop saving for tuition for our kids because Dems are planning to win and make college free?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 241
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 6:32:45 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-reconsider-high-expectations-after-georgia-defeat/ar-BBD1ELM?li=BBnb7Kz

DEms are at a cross-road

-They have to re-think their strategy vs Trump
-Candidates must rely much less on Top Dem figure heads...and must win on their own character & merits
-Dems must show the voters that they are willing to change, and listen...Pelosi needs to step down
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 242
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 6:48:58 AM

Maybe my ex should stop working hard and stop saving for tuition for our kids because Dems are planning to win and make college free?

This country & it's needs do not revolve around around your elitist attitude towards not making education more freely available.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 243
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 7:08:36 AM

"It would seem that the Economics 101 story around higher education for the past few decades would go something like this: for various reasons, government has decided to increase demand for higher education massively, via increased subsidies and in particular student loans; meanwhile, supply has not kept up, because non-profit universities get paid in prestige (understood as mathematical selectivity) and therefore have an objective self-interest in not growing; the for-profit sector has been designed by regulation such that it exists to vacuum up subsidies rather than provide valuable education; and the government sector hasn't kept up with demand."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/pascalemmanuelgobry/2013/05/09/the-reason-why-college-is-so-expensive-is-actually-dead-obvious/#3f8cfed147f7

IMO it's basically government and likely mostly liberals that have made college so expensive by subsidizing it.

I am not sure how you can change this, and if you do it won't happen overnight.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 244
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 7:16:55 AM

Democrats will continue to lose if they continue to run on the message of.....resist and obstruct Trump.

I support Democrats resist and obstruct Trump plan, it worked quite well for republicans, and why support something if you don't agree with the policy? Just to get elected, is that the "moral" ??

Most of Trump's executive orders were blowing up Obama EO, not actually creating anything new. that is running out of steam, let's see how things go from here.

But I agree, that shouldn't be their "message" just because it's their plan.

Perhaps Democrats just need to be more blunt and honest? Have better candidates and show more emotion/passion when running. Most of this is showbusiness not actual reality, which is why so many actors/actresses win.
 triblata
Msg: 245
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 7:17:18 AM
The government tried to do the right thing via student loans...the banks pushed hard for student loans because they are almost completely non dischargeable in bankruptcy. The liberal schools took huge advantage of student loans, driving up exponentially admin costs and thus tuition. Only the indebted student has been screwed by the system.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 246
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 7:58:02 AM
In the State of NY

higher education is FREE at state schools for all middle class/blue collar workers, who are NYS state residents.
The trade off is that upon graduation, the student is required to work and pay taxes in NY for 4-5 years.
This was a bi-Partisan bill which became law.

Everyone benefits, the student, (who won't have huge student loan debts), so he can make a reasobale living without needing to earn big money, Businesses benefit, because they will have graduates immediately available who they don't have to pay big money for. The Tax payer benefits, because the worker will be paying into the NY system!

When Gov't works for the benefit of its pple...everyone wins out!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 247
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:39:15 AM

Ah so you are going to accuse me of lying yet not actually say what I lied about in an attempt to deflect from the fact that tRump has been lying from the start.

So nice jorb there Becky.

Nice try, but see they are not fake news, they are real thing he has stated that have been proven to be false.

The fact you cannot even acknowledge a single one shows you are either stupid or you are able to thinking clearly and rationally due to the fact you worship tRump.

If you need motivation to answer a question that directly speaks to your values you clam to hold in the POTUS then it is clear you really do not give a sh*t or maybe that is just how slim away from a question that shows you are 100% wrong.
 triblata
Msg: 248
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:42:52 AM
^^^^^ And the intospective Hawk called me a King Troll. I wonder if he bothers reading any of your posts.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 249
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 12:31:20 PM
I ain’t gonna hide it: I originally wrote the most blood-curdling, Comedy Central Roast response imaginable to all this 3rd grade dropout idiocy, the kind that would have blood coming out of Head Cheerleader’s eyes, her whatever. Then my computer crashed while I was at lunch. So instead I’m just going to let political experts using statistics and cold hard facts do the talking instead of me repeating myself to the brainless ad nauseam:

http://cookpolitical.com/story/10391

“First and foremost, just one state over, unheralded Democratic tax expert Archie Parnell - who ran on a similarly conciliatory, post-partisan message but generated a tiny fraction of the hype Ossoff did—shockingly came within three points of Republican Ralph Norman in a district President Trump carried by 18 points last November (Ossoff came within four points in a district Trump carried by one).

Believe it or not, GA-06 wasn't the only special election held this year. Although it's true Democrats have agonizingly yet to capture a red district, they have outperformed their ‘generic’ share of the vote significantly in every contest. Measured against the Cook Political Report's Partisan Voter Index (PVI), Democrats have outperformed the partisan lean of their districts by an average of eight points in the past five elections:

[see graph in article but it looks a lot like mine -- I didn't read these articles until AFTER I wrote my previous post, btw -- intelligent people just think alike]

If Democrats were to outperform their ‘generic’ share by eight points across the board in November 2018, they would pick up 80 seats. Of course, that won't happen because Republican incumbents will be tougher to dislodge than special election nominees. But these results fit a pattern that should still worry GOP incumbents everywhere, regardless of Trump's national approval rating and the outcome of the healthcare debate in Congress.

Put another way, Democratic candidates in these elections have won an average of 68 percent of the votes Hillary Clinton won in their districts, while Republican candidates have won an average of 54 percent of Trump's votes. That's an enthusiasm gap that big enough to gravely imperil the Republican majority next November—even if it didn't show up in ‘the special election to end all special elections.’”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/06/22/dems_seek_lessons_direction_after_special_election_losses_134254.html

“Democrats looking to rally the troops might point to candidates, including Cunningham, who are entering the fray despite uphill climbs in GOP-held districts. They point to Democrats overperforming their predecessors in each of the four special elections so far this year to argue that the Trump-era climate remains favorable.

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Ben Ray Lujan predicted Wednesday that his party would win back the House, arguing that there are over 70 districts that are more competitive for Democrats than the one in Georgia, even though party officials had pointed to the suburban Atlanta 6th as representative of the ones they need to win.”

Basically Democratic Party officials are stupid – not as stupid as the average Trump worshipper and not even in the same hemisphere of brazen wanton stupidity as Trump himself, but still quite stupid for hitching their wagons on the Georgia 6 hype wagon and claiming their whole political future was based on its win/loss decision, and even more stupid for moaning and whining about the defeat afterwards without looking at the numbers from the 4 elections and realizing just how overwhelmingly positive the results were. GOD I HATE STUPID PEOPLE.

So wailing Democrats and gloating Republicans alike, please, go ahead, remain willfully ignorant – act like the wins and losses are telling the whole story and that stat is the only indicator of success or failure in 2018. Be like the baseball analyst who says “This guy with the 1.10 ERA and 300 strikeouts is a terrible pitcher because he has 20 losses” without checking to see what kind of run support he’s getting. Go on, do it. Continue contributing to the Culture of Mass Ignorance. Keep on telling me that the world is flat. You’re going to be in for a hell of a surprise when you end up right back at the point from which you started your journey, and I’m going to laugh my butt off at you.

The only individual response I’ll make this time: “Trump wins because his message is.....for the American people....whether it be national security, jobs, healthcare, infrastructure etc.” Trump’s not “winning.” Trump WON the electoral college (not the popular vote) because of statistical luck, a flawed opponent, Russian interference, sexism and black people that voted for Obama being too lazy to go to the polls to support a white chick in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Trump’s not currently doing anything except making a bunch of ridiculous tweets (including about “Comey tapes”) and signing executive orders like there’s no tomorrow (well, he might have a point there). If you think Handel beating Ossoff by 4 points in a hardcore conservative district only 6 months after Handel’s predecessor beat his opponent by 24 points is a positive statement for Trump and his agenda, then you are way blonder than I could possibly give you credit for. Trump’s disapproval rating hoovering near the 60s is a real thing, and the 4 special elections statistical results are powerful proof of that to those who aren’t blinded by willful ignorance and Trump Worship Syndrome. Handel is (barely) “winning”; Trump is floundering like a fat orange disabled fish. Fat Nemo.

Okay, one more:

"I wonder if he bothers reading any of your posts."

I usually only skim over the posts of people who aren't arguing with me. I get no pleasure on these message boards from agreeing with people. The only fun on here is OUTRIGHT WAR WITH THE ENEMY. So you better believe I read every one of your posts, along with Dee's, John's and the Head Cheerleader. But there's only so much time in the world to respond between all my jobs, and I apologize for you not often being one of my priorities. Here's a tissue -- go blow your goddamn brains out.
 triblata
Msg: 250
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 1:31:40 PM

Here's a tissue -- go blow your goddamn brains out.

That type of post has gotten me banned even though the vile man I directed it against well deserved it.... I wonder if it will do the same to you? I also took lots of heat from some of the regulars... I doubt if you will get heat though because you are one of the gang something I have never been and never care to be. THAT I would find boring

I'm not even a Trump supporter... detest him as a person, actually.....on the other hand, I believe it is ridiculous to assert that there are not some good things too about Trump, and even more ridiculous to assert that those who support Trump are some sort of enemy.

You still don't get it do you? the "HEAD CHEERLEADER" (this is my assumption ...not anything she told me)... simply thinks some of the Anti-trumpers are totally fuked up. So she decided rather than to concern herself with it, she was going to have fun with those people. At first it likely bothered her.. but from what I can tell.. she put those concerns aside and is now taking people as they present themselves... including you. You have proven through your vicious words your loss of friendship is no loss at all (to her.. not me.... I have never given a damn what anybody here thought about Trump one way or the other)

In your case, since you were friends... I do think she genuinely is sorry that you are as rabid as you are (again..my assumption... we have not been in contact), and I think she likely feels bad that you have had some sort of breakdown over this entire Trump thing. But why would being friends with somebody with your attitude be worth a pitcher of warm spit?

But let me ask you a question. ... lets assume Trump is everything you think about him.. and certainly there is probably a lot wrong with the man..... how can he compare to a man like GWB... who singlehandedly started a worthless and merit-less war with Iraq, costing the country trillions and the world hundreds of thousands of lives, not to mention the huge number maimed and killed since then, and the destabilizing of the entire Mideast leading to the debacle in Syria, Libya, etc?

Is Trump bad? Sure.... but how is he as bad, relatively, to some of these Presidents?

How about Obama? Highly intelligent. Lots of class... but he left us with North Korea did he not? One hell of a mess that likely is going to result in a war anyway... which if it had been fought under Obama's reign, would not have cost nearly the lives it is now going to cost. And per my post in the NK thread...its possible NK can now hit the US or parts of it.. with nuclear tipped missiles. That's the legacy that may be the most important Obama has left the world.

So yea... Trump is a man with real issues.. but in the end... he's not responsible for the huge deficits and the Stock and realestate bubbles that are going to crash....he's not responsible for the fact the Government is running out of money and needs to get costs somehow under control (although his tax cuts will only make things far worse if they are passed).... lots of blame to go around. How could Trump, in the end.. do worse than these jokers? At least he has some good Generals guiding him... if we end up in a major war... which is looking more and more likely.

Life is tough Hawk. I know from your admissions you have some serious bouts with depression. That's tough if you can't get it under control. But it only makes things worse when you blame others for things they believe that you don't. Nobody here has any control over what is going to be. I don't even think Trump has much control. The Deep State is seeing to that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader