Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LOLTrump
Msg: 251
The Democratic LeaderPage 11 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)

I'm not even a Trump supporter... detest him as a person, actually.....on the other hand, I believe it is ridiculous to assert that there are not some good things too about Trump, and even more ridiculous to assert that those who support Trump are some sort of enemy.

Then I am sure you could list five things that are good about tRump.

I will wait here while you fail and deflect.

How about Obama? Highly intelligent. Lots of class... but he left us with North Korea did he not? One hell of a mess that likely is going to result in a war anyway... which if it had been fought under Obama's reign, would not have cost nearly the lives it is now going to cost. And per my post in the NK thread...its possible NK can now hit the US or parts of it.. with nuclear tipped missiles. That's the legacy that may be the most important Obama has left the world.

Saying that Obama is responsible for North Korea is one of the dumbest things you have ever said and that is saying something.

Yeah yeah, people get it, he was black and that bothered you.

...ots of blame to go around. How could Trump, in the end.. do worse than these jokers?

He could start undoing many of the thing Obama did by giving tax breaks to his buddies, but I guess understanding how that affects the economy was above your level of understanding.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 252
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:51:09 PM
Triblata: Are you out of your goddamn mind? Since when does someone have to destroy the world before you can criticize them for wanting to destroying the world?

If you want to claim that Trump hasn’t committed as many sins in his 5 months as president as Bush and Obama committed in 8 years each, then you MAY have grounds for an argument, though for the typical progressive (you know, 54% of Americans according to vote against Trump), he has already committed many mortal sins, such as putting a Scalia wannabe on the Supreme Court who’ll tilt it to the right for generations, pulling the United States out of the climate pact and angering/disappointing the rest of the world in the process, installing an EPA director hell-bent on destroying the environment and sending us back to the runaway greenhouse of 200 million years ago, destroying thousands of immigrant families by stepping up enforcement (and in the process also damaging America’s commodities market --oh, it’s coming), putting a Klan lover and reefer madness fool in charge of the Justice department who is already pulling back as many civil rights and marijuana rights as fast as an elf can, attempting to rip health insurance away from 20 million+ people (many of whom voted for him like the morons they are), picking unnecessary fights with international leaders that will likely lead to us having more enemies than when he started – should I go on?

And these are things he’s actually DONE – he’s got dozens of other things on his agenda that’s P-O-ing everybody but hardcore reactionary conservatives, from uptown to downtown. Just what he WANTS to do is enough to for most people to be opposed to him, much less what he’s already done – no one has to wait around until he founds ISIS 2 like GWB and Obama to want his administration crippled and him out of office. It’s not merely a matter of him being a impulsive moronic manchild with a sick cult following – he’s just doing things and wanting to do things most Americans don’t want him to do, and against, most Americans did not vote for him or his agenda, so why the hell would they want him to implement it? The only ones saying that are the MINORITY that voted for him – mostly poorly educated, highly ignorant, racist, xenophobic, sexist whites. And Dee.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 253
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 3:57:24 PM

Nobody here has any control over what is going to be. I don't even think Trump has much control. The Deep State is seeing to that.

Aren't you saying the "deep state" has control?

How can I join the deep state, is it better than Trump's billionaire club? Or maybe, maybe, maybe the billionaires run the DEEP STATE, that would make a lot of sense, they seem to benefit the most.

Follow the money works.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 254
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 4:18:28 PM

How about Obama? Highly intelligent. Lots of class... but he left us with North Korea did he not? One hell of a mess that likely is going to result in a war anyway... which if it had been fought under Obama's reign, would not have cost nearly the lives it is now going to cost. And per my post in the NK thread...its possible NK can now hit the US or parts of it.. with nuclear tipped missiles. That's the legacy that may be the most important Obama has left the world.

N Korea has been a problem since 1945, I hardly think Obama or Trump caused that mess. Blame Russia back in 1945 (Soviet occupation and division of Korea) if you want to blame someone.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 255
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:00:05 PM

Trump WON the electoral college (not the popular vote) because of statistical luck, a flawed opponent, Russian interference, sexism and black people that voted for Obama being too lazy to go to the polls to support a white chick in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

If you take California out of the total, Donald Trump won the popular vote by 1.4 million.

So I don't think the popular vote win by Hillary is conclusive, California is not only more liberal than the rest of the country the people there are quite a bit different. (I have lived in SanFran as well as Chicago, Dallas, WashDC.)

A lot of people voted for Trump, not the majority, but you shouldn't ignore it.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 256
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 5:09:24 PM
That's both a stupid.argument, and a wrong one.

Clinton did not win California by 4.4 million votes. And why stop with California? if you take.out every person who voted for Clinton, Trump won by an overwhelming majority.

Of course if you correctly counted all the votes in the states that "somehow" went to Trump, he'd have lost by at least ten million votes and in the Electoral College.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 257
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 6:12:55 PM
Hillary Clinton has won California’s 55 electoral votes. Clinton has 4,269,978 more votes than Donald J. Trump, with 100 percent reporting. Hillary Clinton is up by 30 points with all precincts reporting.

Below are detailed results for the race. View other California election results on our full California results page. See all states on our presidential map.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/california-president-clinton-trump

Of course if you correctly counted all the votes in the states that "somehow" went to Trump, he'd have lost by at least ten million votes and in the Electoral College.

I will let you argue with Trump about fictional votes, imaginary voters aren't my specialty.
 John252817
Msg: 258
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 9:01:33 PM
Breathe Hawking breathe.......YIKES!!! Simmer down buddy, getting all riled up and swearing at others who don't agree with you kinda makes your posts meaningless. But you are not alone in here with that and your leftist buddies.
 John252817
Msg: 259
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/22/2017 10:30:14 PM
Please don't go away Nancy Pelosi, you are the pride and joy of the democratic party and its sheep....YIKES!!! Even many in here are feeling the "pelosi pressure".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 260
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 3:16:40 AM

If you take California out of the total, Donald Trump won the popular vote by 1.4 million.

So I don't think the popular vote win by Hillary is conclusive, California is not only more liberal than the rest of the country the people there are quite a bit different. (I have lived in SanFran as well as Chicago, Dallas, WashDC.)

A lot of people voted for Trump, not the majority, but you shouldn't ignore it.

77,000 total votes distributed between Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan-77,000 votes-decided the electoral college. Trump lost the popular vote historically bigly by 3,000,000
 gtomustang
Msg: 261
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 5:46:27 AM
""It would seem that the Economics 101 story around higher education for the past few decades would go something like this: for various reasons, government has decided to increase demand for higher education massively"

>>>was it government that artificially created demand? or was it the modernization/automation of the workforce, the retreat of manual labor jobs, that created the demand for higher education? Was government only responding to a demand that already existed? There has been a scandal with for-profit colleges going after the money with students pulled from homeless shelters etc and saddled with the loans afterward, yes, and that's something that should be looked into. Just like a demand for guns and jet airplanes leads to military-industrial complex boondoggles, and those too should be looked into.

California made a big deal about higher education, and Silicon Valley popped up. Massachusetts also had a liberal view on education, and the Route 128 tech corridor came up. The most profitable part of Texas that doesn't rely on oil markets is liberal Austin. Coincidence? We throw far more money at places that offer less results.

"resist and obstruction worked quite well for republicans"

>>well, they used the third ingredient--fear--and that's the ingredient that really made the cake rise. Fear is what gets voters' asses off the seat and in the booth. To paraphrase my favorite quote from the movie "Go", the Dems are waiting for the guy ahead of them to slip and fall on his ass in order to move ahead. If Dems want to play by GOP rules, they have to learn how to really play identity politics, smear their opponents with a horrible label, demonize, and then scare the middle of the road voters into GAS about politics.

as for comparing Chump to Bush...i've posted before, they are cut from the same cloth (lack of intellectual curiousity, lack of interest in day to day running of government, etc). If 9/11 hadn't happened, it would have been hard for Cheney to carry out Iraq. it may instead of, have been a covert war like we're doing now to Iran. If Chump gets a 9/11, or he just wants to go into Syria and tick off the Russians, then you'll see a repeat of Bush, and i'm sure you know that. Look at Bush pre-9/11, he too was focusing on tax cuts for the rich and how to de-regulate. Or as others call it, GOP domestic policy 101.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 262
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 5:58:06 AM
“If you take California out of the total, Donald Trump won the popular vote by 1.4 million”

As I pointed out before, if you take out the 7 most populated states that Trump won by 20 or more points, which combined equal California’s population, then Clinton wins by 6 million votes instead of just 3 million. Basically your (and many idiot conservatives’) math theory here is nothing more than discrimination against California because it’s a (ridiculously) large state – except for Texas (which is barely hanging on as a red state because of its Mexican population), nearly all of the true red states are small but have a highly disproportionate effect on the electoral college. States, electoral college, Senate – these are all antiquated concepts stuck into the Constitution because there was no other way to keep the United States contiguous except to give people in small, rural, discriminatory areas more power than they deserved. If the United States was like almost every other democratic country on earth, Clinton would be president right now, although possibly as the head of a coalition government, since she didn’t win the majority of the popular vote. A coalition government would have been the best idea for our situation – Clinton was unpopular and didn’t deserve to have consensus power, and Stein and Johnson could have kept her in check. But in our current system of government, almost no one can keep Trump in check despite the fact that the majority of the country opposed his candidacy and policies.
 deetristate
Msg: 263
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 6:49:29 AM
You don't need a college degree to make over 100k in IT.
 triblata
Msg: 264
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 8:44:34 AM

Triblata: Are you out of your goddamn mind? Since when does someone have to destroy the world before you can criticize them for wanting to destroying the world?

You kind of lost me on this Hawk... I am not against criticizing Trump or Repubs....I don't understand though your contempt for others who support them.

If you want to claim that Trump hasn’t committed as many sins in his 5 months as president as Bush and Obama committed in 8 years each . . . .

Well maybe you misunderstand me. I do not disagree Trump has done some deplorable things or has attempted to do some deplorable things. But honestly, I am not quite as anti Trump as I once was for several reasons. To begin with, and most importantly, I so despised him, paid so much attention to what he was doing, that it was actually making me depressed. And I almost never get depressed. Its just not in my makeup. So I stopped complaining about him on Facebook, and pretty much have been ignoring what has been going on.

But there are other reasons too. I DON'T disagree with the concept of being friends with Russia and cutting back on NATO. I do though vehemently disagree with giving the military even more money..... we should cut back on the industrialized war machine, and I vehemently disagree with is overtly discriminatory immigration polices and we don't need a fuking wall. Spending money on that is ridiculous.

But this is the thing about Trump..... I see him as a vapid man who is easily manipulated by those who know how to pull his strings. I think he is suffering from early stage Dementia and I believe he suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. He may even be a sociopath. So I almost don't blame him any more as much as I blame the Republican Party who is helping to destroy the country by increasing inequality and catering to the rich at the expense of everyone else. And understanding the economy as I do, I cannot for the life of me understand how they could even consider huge tax cuts, both by repeal of Obama Care and by new legislation. That's crazy... will only make things that much worse...and they have to know that.....so I am convinced these people are all selling out to the Koch brothers and other lobbyists. The leaders of the Republican Party... Ryan, et. al. are the real enemies of the people as far as I am concerned.

But I will add something else. Some of the leftist trash on this board.... and let me emphasize TRASH... have really influenced me to have contempt for this group of people. I obviously despise people like Elphaba Cotter ... even though I recognize she is low IQ. I despise people like Herod Jovan....even though I recognize he is a mentally ill antisemite. I still won't give these people passes though. Obviously LOLtrump is a man without any class or sense.....

What really fills me with contempt though is the attitude the left has for the right.. and that is where you come in. Your contempt for the right is really ridiculous. Its not like the right are outliers. Trump still has a 40% approval rating and in another election between him and Hillary... he might well win. So if at least 40% of the public support Trump over Hillary and other democrats... rather than have utter contempt for those on the right...maybe you should try to figure out why they support Trump. What is it they see you do not see? I simply don't believe racism or bigotry has anything to do with it for most people. I think most people think the country has been going in the wrong direction for a long time and they saw Trump as a disruptor.. Still do. That's what they think the doctor has ordered.

Now you are smarter than most... why don't you see that? Why do you have so much contempt for others just because they don't agree with your political viewpoints. I still don't get it...honestly. You are not the Elphaba type or the LOLTrump type who talks out of your rearend. You obviously give deep thought to what you have to say....So maybe you can explain it to me... how you possibly can justify some of the opinions you have expressed on this board for those who are more right on the spectrum than you?
 benartflick
Msg: 265
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 8:51:34 AM
Kj, Trump won because his opponents were weak - especially his Republican opponents.

My guess Hillary didn't listen to her husband and campaigned her way. I was for her until I heard her speak, too often. Then she reminded me of my mother-in-law, the devil in disguise. But I still couldn't vote for Trump. (If it wasn't for one bogus ad, I might have.)

Weak leadership? Haven't you noticed a bunch of nutcases from the far, far, left have been walking over the Republican leaders for 8 years?

I gotta agree that Democrats will continue to lose if they continue to mindlessly resist and obstruct Trump.

Trust me; the Democrats on this forum are nothing like the ones I know up North and down here in Florida. Do you know any like ones here attacking you and Dee?

Final observation: you and Dee should run for office. The Republicans are in dire need of intelligent leaders. It appears Trump might be their brightest star or nightlight.
 triblata
Msg: 266
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:22:46 AM
I forgot to add one very important thing about Trump... which I love... he supports Israel. He has not been taken in by the anti-Israel hysteria and lies fomented by the rabid left. Obama was, imho, antisemitic and anti-Israel... although he did what he had to, to help protect it. Trump totally discounts, as he should, the lies about Israel this and Israel that. Remember back in 67 when Israel was the underdog... everybody loved it then. But the low IQ, non-critically thinking Trash on the Left.... buy into all of the propaganda wars against Israel since then. That makes it very difficult for me to see how such non-critically thinking people have opinions that really are worth a bucket of......

Take a simple test.... three examples of leftist Trash on this board. Ask Mungo Joe, Elphaba Cotter or Herod Jovan whether Israel should have the right to defend itself? None of them will concede that Israel has that right. I mean these people would only be happy if every single Israeli, man... woman and child... was massacred. Certainly you agree these people are trash... right? And if not... than I will just have to have far less respect for you and your opinions, and that much more respect for those on the right that see the truth about Israel and what it faces and has been facing.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 267
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:49:00 AM

I forgot to add one very important thing about Trump... which I love...

Odd, you left out that you both are white power loving racists.

I guess you just forgot that part.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 268
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:58:33 AM
Fank
"Odd, you left out that you both are white power loving racists.
I guess you just forgot that part."

Odd you forgot you claim to be a militant atheist yet you refuse to see you are indeed a racist islamophobe yourself.

Questioning a set of someones belief is not a phobia. It's not a mental illness. But you and your kind do not even allow followers of islam the right to follow their beliefs. You mock their beliefs and their deity.

So you frank going by the logic you use on here (24/7) are a racist islamophobe. Like many of your ilk.

I understand your fear of islam though. As islam would not let anyone like you to go into dhminnitude. Your head would be removed. Oh how we laughed.
 Jo van
Msg: 269
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:07:03 AM

In 1936-9, the Palestinian Arabs attempted a nationalist revolt... David Ben-Gurion, eminently a realist, recognized its nature. In internal discussion, he noted that ‘in our political argument abroad, we minimize Arab opposition to us,’ but he urged, ‘let us not ignore the truth among ourselves.’ The truth was that ‘politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves... The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country, while we are still outside’... The revolt was crushed by the British, with considerable brutality.”

~ Noam Chomsky, “The Fateful Triangle.”

Does anyone else think that trump's son in law, (and his daughter, ) might be just a tiny little bit biased, as an "envoy" to "israel", what with her "conversion" and all?

I think you should all ease up on that guy with Tourette's.
-He's obviously not well.
Interesting and 'telling' that there's no one even slightly clever, on this forum anyhow, (IMO) who is pro-trump though.

See?
That's why education is so important.
 triblata
Msg: 270
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:11:08 AM

Odd, you left out that you both are white power loving racists.

I guess you just forgot that part.

A wave loudly clashing against a long shoreline slips on a banana peel.

A shooting star is often one floor above you.
 triblata
Msg: 271
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:14:37 AM

See?
That's why education is so important.

A setback of the heart is still not very coherent

Another day tells the tale of towers.

A cranky old lady takes the world for granted.

“I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.”
Oscar Wilde
 benartflick
Msg: 272
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:22:10 AM

But the low IQ, non-critically thinking Trash on the Left.... buy into all of the propaganda wars against Israel since then. That makes it very difficult for me to see how such non-critically thinking people have opinions that really are worth a bucket of......

Take a simple test.... three examples of leftist Trash on this board. Ask Mungo Joe, Elphaba Cotter or Herod Jovan whether Israel should have the right to defend itself? None of them will concede that Israel has that right. I mean these people would only be happy if every single Israeli, man... woman and child... was massacred. Certainly you agree these people are trash... right? And if not... than I will just have to have far less respect for you and your opinions, and that much more respect for those on the right that see the truth about Israel and what it faces and has been facing.

Triblata, virtually everything it your posting makes absolutely no sense, but I'll respond since you brought up '67.

As you must realize America was Israel's strongest ally in the 60's. We donated money and war machines. Then Israel attacked our ship in International waters and murdered 34 American sailors. No doubt about that. That's a fact!

Only an idiot or a dishonest fool would say it was just mistake. Clearly their goal was to sink the Liberty, murder everybody onboard and blame it on Syria.

Two fighter jets were sent out to assist our American sailors and LBJ called them back - as if he was in on the plan. If it wasn't for a Russian ship, all the Americans on that ship would have been murdered.

It's easy for any adult to recognize what type of person he or she is dealing with when that person defends the crime that involved the murder of 34 young countrymen serving them.
 triblata
Msg: 273
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:26:37 AM

Only an idiot or a dishonest fool would say it was just mistake. Clearly their goal was to sink the Liberty, murder everybody onboard and blame it on Syria.

First of all, recognizing you are a pathological liar and your career was spent as an able bodied seaman ...not the sharpest tools in the shed, nor the most educated...as evidenced by much of the nonsense you post on here over the years....

I never said it was a mistake. It was clearly intentional.... the Liberty was spying on Israel and relaying Israeli troop movements to Egypt. The US was playing both sides of the fence and was attempting to limit Israeli advances...So Israel took the Liberty out. That is what happened. That is the fact. Johnson knew it... everybody knew it... which is why Johnson accepted Israel's apology and they both went with the mistake story. Israel did what it had to in its own self interests under the circumstances.

It's easy for any adult to recognize what type of person he or she is dealing with when that person defends the crime that involved the murder of 34 young countrymen serving them.

I refer you back to my comment of your not being the sharpest tool in the shed. And you proved it by your post.... which reflects a simpleton's way of seeing things...much like Elphaba sees things. Sorry.... but true.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 274
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:33:35 AM

Odd you forgot you claim to be a militant atheist yet you refuse to see you are indeed a racist islamophobe yourself.

Please feel free to make me look stupid by posting anything that supports your claim, otherwise I will have to assume you are just on the crack pipe again.

Because I think it is pretty clear you do not understand the difference in making fun of people who believe in silly things and someone who wants to kill or hurt them.

Questioning a set of someones belief is not a phobia. It's not a mental illness. But you and your kind do not even allow followers of islam the right to follow their beliefs. You mock their beliefs and their deity.

Yep, I mock people who think there is an invisible man in the sky, how cruel and heartless of me.

Up next, mean people who think unicorns are not real.

So you frank going by the logic you use on here (24/7) are a racist islamophobe. Like many of your ilk.

Nope, I am someone who speaks the truth and is not will not back down to bullies who attempt to silence me with threats of violence from crack head druggies.

I understand your fear of islam though. As islam would not let anyone like you to go into dhminnitude. Your head would be removed. Oh how we laughed.

Actually it is pretty clear you do not understand and are just a bitter old man who is afraid that the brown guy down the street.
 benartflick
Msg: 275
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/23/2017 10:35:30 AM
Triblata, another ID. I thought so. Any idea how many over the last year? Can you count that high?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader