Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kj521
Msg: 301
The Democratic LeaderPage 13 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Well, John.....there is plenty of room for the Democrats on the #TrumpTrain!

****Of course, they'll have to sit in the back. Elections have consequences, ya know. ;) ;)

Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 302
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 5:52:37 AM
That "back of the bus" thinking is what so endears you Trumpites to folks who want progress for our country and not past failures..... I'll skip the train ride and walk instead.
 benartflick
Msg: 303
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 6:14:39 AM

Of course, they'll have to sit in the back. Elections have consequences.

Back of the Trump train? Plenty of room onboard and millions of Democrats put Trump in the WH. Plenty of Republican leaders endorsed Hillary. What's wrong with them?

I knew plenty of Democrats in RI, Ct and Fl campaigning for Trump. You didn't know any, Kj?

A lot of Democrats realized how grossly incompetent or corrupt W, Obama and Hillary were. I doubt if your side even noticed.

Our elected officials are now wasting a lot of time and tax dollars on senseless political BS. Reminds me of the nonsense about a private matter between two consenting adults. Did ya think all those hearings were for the good of our country? Ya know, the one started by a woman called Tripp.
 Kj521
Msg: 304
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 6:14:56 AM
Really? Mr. Doremi! Lmao!

'We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.' — Obama, Oct. 25, 2010, during a midterm election campaign stop in Rhode Island.

I guess that kind of thinking is what "endeared" so many Americans to Obama! ;) ;)

"I'll skip the train ride and walk instead."

That is probably best. Hillary needs company with her walks in the woods. I hear Bill is getting rather tired of her stumbling and mumbling...."You might wonder why I'm not 50 points ahead".....poor dear. :(

Mr. Benartflick....I am aware of the diversity of Trump voters....but you might want to keep that to yourself. Too much triggering for some of the posters here.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 305
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 6:47:50 AM
Obamas comment was meant as a joke. Offensive perhaps and maybe even uncalled for.

The difference is when he said that it was... A joke. When some of you Trumpites say it I am not so sure you are joking. I really do think some of you folks would like to turn back the clock on civil rights in this country. I think Trump would like that too. If you back the man, you're backing his plan.

Luckily for our country it seems planning isn't one of his strong points.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 306
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:00:49 AM

I'll skip the train ride and walk instead.

What!........and MISS OUT on the FREE kool-aid????

And if you ride Ambassador Class.....it is "ALL-You-Can-Drink"...served by Sean Hannity & Co

Just think!...you can become exactly like one of the faithful Trump followers we have here!

when that happens, us guys will be awarded with a Trump signed ....framed photo of Melania's .... \#/
and the Ladies get a full recording of the Billy Bush (access-Hollywood interview)!

Both valuable mementos that can be PROUDLY passed down as a heirloom to your kids (or your children's kids) one day! To serve as a benchmark of what a Trump supporter stands for :)
 LOLTrump
Msg: 307
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:26:28 AM

Now Kj, Obama said to putin....."now now now, you quit it, just quit it. I am telling you for the 200th time, cut it out!!! I am going to tell you just one more time or that red line is getting drawn in the sand, I can do more after I am out of office"....YIKES!!!!

Yep and then he imposed sanctions and kicked out the diplomats.

But then your hero tRump reversed those sanctions and let them back in and the tRump supports go full retarded because of what Obama didn't do while claiming there was nothing he could have done because they also claimed that nothing actually happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both valuable mementos that can be PROUDLY passed down as a heirloom to your kids (or your children's kids) one day! To serve as a benchmark of what a Trump supporter stands for :)

Q: Mommy why does the USA have the worst health care of all the first world nations where more women die during child birth than any other?

A: Because I wanted to see and old lady.
 benartflick
Msg: 308
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:42:41 AM

"I really do think some of you folks would like to turn back the clock on civil rights in this country. I think Trump would like that too."

Do you have anything to back up that accusation? Does just thinking it make it so?

I wonder if people like you believe the BS you spread, constantly. I can't guess why. But I can't guess why the Nazis, the KKK and other groups filled with hatred did what they did. Some people thrive on hate. I prefer those flower power hippies back in the 60's.

Hate carries its own punishment - John Lennon
 LOLTrump
Msg: 309
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 7:49:21 AM

Do you have anything to back up that accusation? Does just thinking it make it so?

Just ask tRump to speak out against david duke.

Then watch him pretend that he does not know him and them deflect.

Trump Declines Three Times to Denounce David Duke and The KKK: I Don't Know About White Supremacists
Published on Feb 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9rzi5vRpvE
 triblata
Msg: 310
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 8:01:13 AM
"But I can't guess why the Nazis, the KKK and other groups filled with hatred did what they did. Some people thrive on hate. I prefer those flower power hippies back in the 60's."

You are full of sheet artflick. I don't bash you because you are a pathological liar, which you are...i bash you because you never had anything good to say about anyone. You blasted everybody....even an art museum admin who You thought made too much money. You are an angry man looking down on everyone....obvious your hatred built on envy. And now you pretend to be a hippie filled with love. Don't make me laugh.
 deetristate
Msg: 311
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 9:15:43 AM
""""Trump wasn't elected; he was installed by a hostile foreign power.""""

See.
As I said, that is the whole point of this.

They are just trying to fuel the "resist" movement with ANY justification.
(Which is really just "We put all our egos and feeling superior in the Hillary Camp and that didn't work out" remorse)

They realized that they don't have to claim that Trump himself colluded.
( and there was no evidence)

They can just claim that ANYBODY and ANYTHING (even a mouse chewing on the electric lines) "interfered" in the election results (they don't even have to claim that the results were actually "affected").
Then they can say that Trump is not "legitimate" and they can then "Resist," no matter how long on the rack or how far in the twist and machinations and conjectures they have to dig.
 benartflick
Msg: 312
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 9:58:31 AM
LOL, the question was inappropriate and had nothing to do with Trump or his campaign. Clearly that reporter from CNN had a political motive. In no way does his response imply Trump is a racist.

Obama tells his story in the following video. It's Obama speaking. For some unknown reason Obama supporters attacked me for making this video. I believed many of the things he said in this video and wrote in his book were worthy of discussions. Odd that people from the media didn't ask him a few questions about what he wrote.

What about a Bill asking for millions to train just black American men how to fly? Didn't he represent women and white men at the time of that proposal?

If you had an open mind, you might notice Obama was a racist. I haven't seen or read anything that implied Trump is a racist.

Do you think appointing people to high positions based on the color of their skin is somewhat racist?

https://youtu.be/KoWjW1oCCSM
 The_Pearl
Msg: 313
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 10:11:22 AM
^^^No one wants to watch your made up videos...jaysus! Move on...already!

As for Don the Con....truckload of lipstick on it's way for that pig......lol
 LOLTrump
Msg: 314
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 10:46:37 AM

LOL, the question was inappropriate and had nothing to do with Trump or his campaign. Clearly that reporter from CNN had a political motive. In no way does his response imply Trump is a racist.

Nope, it showed just how tRump acts when confronted with his racist views and supporters.
 The_Pearl
Msg: 315
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 11:11:54 AM
Not to mention.....Trump who is supposedly this well educated man....doesn't know about David Duke and the KKK.??
I live in Canada and know who and what they are about....duh!

Let's just admit this guy wasn't about to denounce anyone that would vote for him.......or he could get something out of.
Russians...KKK....doesn't matter to him.
Who believes his con job and bull$hit??
Lol......I forgot 48 % of Americans did....
I have noticed on his boards....more and more of his followers are getting p.o.'d at his shenanigans though.
 triblata
Msg: 316
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 11:28:49 AM
More Frank Sayisms;
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 317
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 12:29:58 PM

...Trump who is supposedly this well educated man...

Do not forget:

24 Things Nobody Does Better Than Donald Trump

Politics Video Channel
Published on Jun 25, 2017
according to Donald Trump

https://youtu.be/AKujXmh1INw
 Jo van
Msg: 318
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/25/2017 1:17:18 PM

Do not forget:

24 Things Nobody Does Better Than Donald Trump

Politics Video Channel
Published on Jun 25, 2017
according to Donald Trump

https://youtu.be/AKujXmh1INw

I watched that.
He forgot to say:
"Nobody" would definitely be a better president than him too.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 319
view profile
History
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 8:29:28 AM
“I don't understand though your contempt for others who support them.”

Would you say, regardless of political beliefs and actions, that Donald Trump is a highly flawed supposed human being? Of course you would – you in fact said it in the very post I’m responding to and dozens of others over the past 2 years – you still believe this despite the fact that you’ve apparently come to hate “leftists.” Therein lies the difference between you and moronic Trump worshippers. You could go through THOUSANDS of posts from Dee, Vlad, John, Doubleknotspy7, PurpleRider, and of course Head Cheerleader, as well as those of all their “kin,” both on this message board and many others, from Fox News to PJ Media, and, with the possible exception of during the “Syrian Missile Crisis,” find only enough criticism of Trump from his supporters to fill a thimble. Some of those I mentioned have NEVER criticized a SINGLE thing about Trump, not even during the “Access Hollywood Crisis,” despite the fact that nearly all of them are supposedly ultra-religious and opposed to vulgarity. Instead this cult continuously tries to turn his lies into the truth, his bad behavior into model behavior, his hypocrisy into flexibility, his foolishness into brilliance, his moral failings into gospel, his mistakes into Covefefe.

Back in the W. Bush days, he’d frequently say stupid things, but he’d often make fun of them and so would his supporters. Even at the peak of his popularity, there was no cult of personality surrounding him. His approval rating eventually plunged into the 20s because of many things beyond his control (which is not to say he was blameless). Trump could be caught on video molesting male puppies and 35% of the country would still worship the ground he walked on – Dee would spin it, John would ignore it and Head Cheerleader would scream “Rah rah rah go Trump!” That’s why I have contempt for them as a group. They are leading us down the path to a North Korea-style dictatorship (won’t happen because the other 65% of the country won’t allow it but that’s beside the point). Look at how their eyes lit up when that cabinet meeting footage surfaced where all the cabinet members had to stroke Trump’s ego, Kim Jung On-style. They saw absolutely nothing disturbing about that, because they are in head-over-heels in love with Comrade Trump, and he is a flawless god-king that can do no wrong in their eyes and absolutely deserves all the ego-stroking he requires to function. This has nothing to do with politics – if I saw this happening with someone whose policies I supported, it would make me sick and you bet I would say something about it.

Individually, there are plenty of other reasons for contempt. Dee, Vlad and Head Cheerleader are straight up bigots of the highest order, and most of their love for Trump centers around the bigotry plank of his campaign. I’ve seen no strong evidence of that in John, but he’s what is known as an “idiot follower,” devoid of any ideas of his own and walks the party line right to his death without even realizing it, and I just have no use for such blank canvasses. DoubleKnotSpy and PurpleRider have “middle school bully” written all over them, and if there’s anything I hate worse than bigots, it’s bullies – ultimately anyone’s support of a bully like Trump will get them written off my “play nice” list. The fact that I largely disagree with most of these people politically really isn’t even all that important in my contempt toward them. The graphic designer of all my movies was a College Republican officer, and we get along famously – of course, he also is a #NeverTrumper who believes, despite Trump having actually done a number of things he agrees with, that Trump is the devil come to earth – he’s actually quite ashamed of what his party has become, though there is also no universe in which he’d ever vote for Clinton either. He’s a Republican I can respect; not a single one of them in this thread deserves it.

“I forgot to add one very important thing about Trump... which I love... he supports Israel.”

Are you sure? He doesn’t even seem to know what part of the world Israel is in and doesn’t have much of problem giving away their secrets. Frankly, if Trump ever said he supported me, I’m tell him to get the f*ck away from me. All that said, you and I have tussled over Israel before – I just don’t really give much of a damn about their plight. Thing is, political support is all about prioritizing and compromising. If being against abortion is by far the most important thing to a person who otherwise supports Clinton’s views 100%, most likely that person is not going to vote for Clinton. Many Catholic Latino voters found themselves torn between Clinton’s pro-Latino immigration policies and her pro-choice abortion views and had to decide which one was more important. Meanwhile Trump PO’ed a bunch of his most hardcore supporters by deciding to leave DACA alone, which is one of about 3 actions he’s done out of hundreds that I approve, but you think that’s going to make me support him overall? So if Israel is the most important issue to you, then I am not surprised that you’d cautiously step foot on the Trump Train. But that ranked about 3492nd on my own personal priority list among candidate considerations.

“But it's been proven now that one can talk like a 1st grade bully and become president. Or maybe that's an 8th grade bully/dropout.”

Preach, sister!

“Time magazine published the story on Thursday about how Russian hackers changed the votes in all the swing states Trump won. In every case, just over the one percent barrier that would have triggered a recount. Trump wasn't elected; he was installed by a hostile foreign power.”

Yeah, I don’t know about that one. Of course, this is the main way I differ from Dee and Head Cheerleader: I will readily dispute information that seems unlikely even if the information enhances my position. Obviously, if that was true, it would be, well, earth-shattering. But what we are 100% sure the Russians did with their “meddling,” I wouldn’t go so far as to say is responsible for Trump’s election. Anyone stupid enough to vote for Trump (or just against Clinton) entirely because of the information the Russians unleashed deserves to have Trump as president. And that’s true of a whole lot of Sanders supporters that went rogue in the general election.

“I am sure Trump and his people feel like they are being held in check by the courts and congress. You don't provide any reasoning why you think our system is antiquated. Our system of elections is only a couple of hundred years by world standards is pretty new. Changing it would be much more difficult than healthcare and a popular vote would shift power to the coastal states.”

The slight checks Trump is feeling will not last now that he is gaining control of the court system, and he feels emboldened that he’s continuing to hang onto Congress for the most part (Russian interference punishment bill aside). As for why our system is antiquated: any system where one candidate can beat another candidate by 3 million popular votes and still lose the election to that candidate is antiquated. Almost the ONLY election in the world that can happen in is the US presidential election. It can’t even happen at the district, municipal or state level within this country. Nearly all of the reasons the electoral college was created are now long dead or unimportant, including the lack of technology to create instant election results. I mean, if the UK, France and Germany can count tens of millions of votes quickly and fairly accurately, why can't the U.S. count 100 million the same way?

But more importantly than all that: the United States government system was set up for 2 party power, even if unintentionally. There was no greater example than why this is a flawed concept than the 2016 election, which featured 2 highly unpopular candidates from the major parties. If people thought third parties had a chance of winning or at least accomplishing something other than being a spoiler, they probably would have received far more votes than they got. This two party junk forces many to choose the lesser of the 2 evils. But imagine if we had a parliamentary system: people could vote for a party that exactly (or nearly exactly) fits their full set of beliefs, instead of having to go with the belief that’s most important to them. Progressives would have voted for Stein (or independent Sanders) in droves, possibly enough to give Trump the plurality and the first option to form a government, but who would he have formed it with? Johnson wouldn’t allow him to get away with all this reactionary conservativism on social issues, so the country would be far better off under those circumstances, but most likely Trump would have failed to create a coalition, possibly leading to another election. If Clinton had ended up with the plurality anyway, she would have been kept in check by Johnson and/or Stein, plus apparently a Republican Congress, and the country would have been better off, and people would have been much happier with their vote – that they voted FOR someone instead of against, and their vote MATTERED in a positive way.

Our current antiquated system largely encourages apathy, though arguably also more stability. Nevertheless, it's not like most of the countries with parliamentary systems have collapsed since WWII despite frequently having coalition governments. And most countries that eventually became dictatorship had strong presidential systems like ours.
 triblata
Msg: 320
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 9:34:23 AM

Would you say, regardless of political beliefs and actions, that Donald Trump is a highly flawed supposed human being? Of course you would – you in fact said it in the very post I’m responding to and dozens of others over the past 2 years – you still believe this despite the fact that you’ve apparently come to hate “leftists.”

I don't "hate" leftists...if your definition of a leftist is "liberal" ..although I consider myself a centered moderate...leaning to the left...... but I have issues with "extreme" leftists and the "leftists" on this board because I believe they are antisemitic AND not deep thinkers, and historically extreme leftists have created many of the issues the world has. It can be argued that nazism grew out of the left more than the right....

As for the right on this board... there are only a very few. I personally don't take Dee seriously... I think she is here just to argue and would take any contrary opinion just for the hell of it. As for KJ and John.. I think they simply rebel against the extreme leftist leanings here.

Sorry Hawk... but as much contempt as you have for the right here... I see the left as far worse. Intolerant... judgmental...shallow thinking.... and I think they are so extreme that others take up arms against them because they are appalled by the types of people they are. I mean... Frank i.e. LolTrump.... its really hard to not have contempt for such an obnoxious individual. mungoJoe ... when I first experienced him... I concluded he was one of the most mocking pieces of shit I had ever seen on a message board anywhere. Elphaba Cotter? Simple minded with no critical thinking abilities. Everything s black and white to that woman. Herold Jovan? A colossal piece of shit as a person, and his various admissions over the last year show just what piece of shit he is. The guy by his own admission is a loser of epic proportions. As for Vlad... I don't read his posts because they are too lengthy and for the most part, I'm not interested in the subject matter. But he pegs Frank as a "kunt"... so he's got that right, and he sees Herod for what he is.

So its really difficult to look at the Leftists on this board and want to agree with them about anything...even when I do agree with some of their opinions.

As for Trump.....let me reiterate... He is a sick man...a pathological liar... and has done nothing good for the country that I can detect.... But he's not the problem... Congress is. They are selling out to the highest bidder and they are slowly but surely destroying the ability to govern because once people lose all faith in the government... the rule of law will break down... and that may not be far away.

And by the way, I don't believe JK is a bigot. I really don't. She has taken lots of grief here from people and I think she pretty much had it. Is she a Trump supporter? Yes. I don't get that... but whether you accept it or not, I do live in Central Florida in the middle of Trump Country and I am definitely an outlier here. But truth is... I don't think most people think about Trump as much as they have contempt for the government as it was... and so anything to disrupt that government is considered good.

T
 gtomustang
Msg: 321
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 9:43:27 AM
“I don't understand though your contempt for others who support them.”

>>>one of the cosmic jokes played on Trumpets recently, is that for all their whining that no one will listen to them, is that people actually do listen to them. The same lemmings who bought houses they couldn't afford b/c the man on the TV said it was time to do so, now see a man on TV who is racist and think, "hey, those are my thoughts too, and now i'm free to tell everyone b/c the man on TV is doing it!". And so we listen to lemmings talk about other "sheeple" and darn it why can't they make a living at something they fully well admit is no longer in existence. As they sit in a bar and tell you what is wrong with America--that its other people not willing to put down their beer, get off their ass, and make the necessary changes in life. Meanwhile they want to go back to the way things were.

People who used to complain their boss did nothing but go golfing and that's why the business is failing, hired a president who does nothing but go golfing. These same people would never hire a celebrity TV star to do their brain surgery or defend them in court, yet think so little of politics that they thought a schmuck was a good idea. Of course if someone wanted to vote in their favorite rap star or some other celebrity with, uh, tanned skin, well...hey, what an idiot that person is! they are clueless and blinded by celebrity, they are what is wrong with this country! obviously we need an old white man celebrity.

Chump robs from the till, like they claim their boss does, and yet their only response is, "Well...ya gotta give the angry white man more time." More time to what? keep being an angry white man in privilege? you're just afraid that once again the country "won't look like you", and you'll go back to feeling a stranger in a strange land. Bad news, buckie...the world has changed. You can change with it, or you can remain part of the problem. factory jobs have been leaving since the 1970's, its time to wake up to reality. and guess what, your buying Chinese crap at Wal Mart hasn't helped your situation.

sometimes, we wonder how good people can be Trumpets. But if we change our focus, if we think of the good people as not good people, then its easily understood why they are trumpets. like when your parents get dementia, at first you don't understand their behavior b/c it doesn't make any sense--how did my sensible parent suddenly become like this? but once you change the category, then their behavior makes sense--they act this way, b/c they ARE this way. people don't see the racism b/c it reflects their own thinking. they don't see the bullshit artist b/c they've engaged it in enough themselves. once again, the man on the TV tells them its ok, and they are happy to have life, once again, spoon fed to them. Tell them what type of car to buy this year, where to live, what electronic device is trendy, and they'll be happy to consume.

apathy begins with people who want to be free from thinking. when they realize they keep getting wrong information, they become apathetic. they realize they aren't being led by the nose in the right direction...but they don't want to think for themselves, either. to paraphrase Don Draper, advertising is being told that whatever you're doing, its OK. Politics has been advertising for a long while, and we were ok with that b/c we figured experts were running things while we gave our OK for it. now we realize we're telling ourselves, "its ok if we're drinking in the back side of the car, the child is driving".

"It can be argued that nazism grew out of the left more than the right...."

>>>which is an interesting argument, it assumes conservatives don't believe in government welfare for corporations, nor in social programs. Yet the GOP in Congress happily take their health care. pull that leg out of the argument, and it falls down. if Fascism was leftist, it wouldn't have fought the Communists.
 deetristate
Msg: 322
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 10:23:42 AM
For a lot of Trumpets, Trump could play golf from now until 2020 because the reason that they voted for him is bearing fruit.

Supreme Court.

Temp travel ban mostly restored? Check

Discrimination against religions by the state recognized. Check.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 323
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 11:04:15 AM

Discrimination against religions by the state recognized. Check.

“Yes, the long war on Christianity. I pray that one day we may live in an America where Christians can worship freely! In broad daylight! Openly wearing the symbols of their religion... perhaps around their necks? And maybe -- dare I dream it? -- maybe one day there can be an openly Christian President. Or, perhaps, 43 of them. Consecutively.”

Jon Stewart
 John252817
Msg: 324
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 5:31:09 PM
"Sorry Hawk... but as much contempt as you have for the right here."

^^^^^^^ That is an understatement.....YIKES!!!
 LOLTrump
Msg: 325
The Democratic Leader
Posted: 6/26/2017 5:41:32 PM
Remember when the GOP railed against the individual mandate?

Well the Senate Republicans issued modest revision to health care bill, including penalty for consumers whose coverage lapses.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Democratic Leader